Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
#141014 - 12/15/11 08:33 AM Wow & Wow!
Rutabago Offline

Loc: Ottawa Canada.
I live a long way from Victoria B.C., here in Ottawa ON. I ordered 2012 on Tues. about noon. It was in my hands by Wed. 10 am. Such super service! I do have one question. This time it came with a cute little Phillips screwdriver. What's It for? .....Hank

#141015 - 12/15/11 08:52 AM Re: Wow & Wow! [Re: Rutabago]
Noel96 Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi Rutabago,

I've read a few instances of the USB hard drives not sitting correctly in their cases. Sometimes this has stopped the drive working and other times it has made for a noisy drive. I suspect the screwdriver is there to open the casing and correct the drive's seating if necessary.

#141016 - 12/15/11 09:51 AM Re: Wow & Wow! [Re: Noel96]
Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
I suspect that someone up at pgmusic in the assembly/shipping left their little screwdriver in your box as it is not typically an included item. Happened to someone last year as well.

I wouldn't worry about it, either, just enjoy your new jeweler's screwdriver.

PGmusic FAQs, Tutorials and Updates! click here

You must be Audiominds.

#141017 - 12/15/11 10:01 AM Re: Wow & Wow! [Re: Mac]
Ed C Offline

It was in mine also... I don't think it was a mistake.. Of course i've always wanted a little screwdriver.. Good for fixing glasses.

#141018 - 12/15/11 10:05 AM Re: Wow & Wow! [Re: Ed C]
Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Maybe *some* of the drive kits they bought do include a screwdriver, don't know.

Just don't want those who didn't get a screwdriver in theirs to think that they are missing out on anything important...

PGmusic FAQs, Tutorials and Updates! click here

You must be Audiominds.

#141019 - 12/15/11 10:09 AM Re: Wow & Wow! [Re: Mac]
John Conley Offline

Loc: London, Ontario, Canada
Might never be important I have one or two around and the wife has one in her purse tied to the swiss army knife of 40 years. I got another with my drive this year.

My's wife's swiss army knife provides lots of entertainment like...'anyone have a corkscrew?' or scissors, or a screwdriver/bottleopener.

John Conley
Musica est vita

#141020 - 12/15/11 10:29 AM Re: Wow & Wow! [Re: John Conley]
Rutabago Offline

Loc: Ottawa Canada.
Hmm. Peter, you should have the answer.

#141021 - 12/15/11 10:51 AM Re: Wow & Wow! [Re: Rutabago]
filkertom Offline

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
What most of you don't realize is that the hard drive is in fact a miniaturized TARDIS (with a fully functional chameleon circuit), and the screwdriver belongs to a tiny Doctor Who.
Tom Smith
My Music at Bandcamp
Win10/64 • i5-3570K • 16 GB RAM
Audiophile 192 • BIAB 2016 • Reaper 5
AKG C1000S • Behringer Xynex1002

#141022 - 12/15/11 12:06 PM Re: Wow & Wow! [Re: filkertom]
thesleeve Offline

As long as we're talking about the hard drives... May I ask, what is the physical size of the drive enclosure that PG Music ships? Nowadays those things range anywhere from the size of an iPod up to a small textbook.

#141023 - 12/15/11 12:08 PM Re: Wow & Wow! [Re: filkertom]
JBlue7 Offline

Loc: Glos. England
I want a Christmas Screwdriver too for my glasses. HAHA.
Any news on the 146 patch?
149 beta update has certainly improved things, great work.
Thanks Jeff

#141024 - 12/15/11 01:22 PM Re: Wow & Wow! [Re: JBlue7]
Will - PG Music Offline

Hello all,

Noel96 had it - we are including screwdrivers with the hard drive packages now, just in case a hard drive reseat is required (as per our hard drive troubleshooting doc: )

PG Music Inc.
Sales: 1-800-268-6272
Technical Support: 1-866-983-2474
Full contact information is available here.

#141025 - 12/15/11 01:40 PM Re: Wow & Wow! [Re: thesleeve]
jazzmammal Offline

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
it's a touch bigger than an IPhone and I got the small screwdriver too. One of the early HD's from PG did lose connection and I had to open up the drive case and plug it back in. Those little screws are tiny, I dropped one on my carpet and the thing just disappeared, took me a few minutes to find it.

Win 10 64 bit, Intel 4770, 256 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA1XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.

#141026 - 12/15/11 01:50 PM Re: Wow & Wow! [Re: jazzmammal]
Matt Finley Offline

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Well, I did not get a little screwdriver. Perhaps that's because in another thread, I mentioned I already had one from PG Music from another update. At least this time the OP didn't call the screwdriver 'goofy'. And yes, one time I had to reattach the hard drive's connector to make it operational after shipping. They are rough on packages in New York.

The audiophile drive (might be the same as regular) is 5 1/4" by 3 1/8" by just under 1/2" thick.
BIAB 2016 for Windows Audiophile, SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, & Encore running on Windows 10 64-bit, i7. Hardware includes a Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20, TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch.

#141027 - 12/15/11 02:02 PM Re: Wow & Wow! [Re: Matt Finley]
David Walker Offline

Well, I hope I get one. My 2011 hd had a screw missing and part of the electronics were spilling out. Just pushed them back in. Everything worked well. Still missing the screw though...No puns at this point please..ha ha.

#141028 - 12/15/11 02:49 PM Re: Wow & Wow! [Re: David Walker]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

The screwdrivers are provided to us "free of charge" when we buy the hard drive enclosures (cases). If the delivery man has been drop kicking the package, its possible the hard drive connections have become loose - so the screwdriver is "just in case" you need to open the drive to reseat the hard drive.
Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Tell Us Your Favorite RealTracks Artist!

When creating your songs in Band-in-a-Box® or RealBand, who is the most common RealTracks Artist you use?

Or... do you find you're sticking with a select few? Perhaps making your own Country band by combining The Time Jumpers members Paul Franklin, Kenny Sears, Andy Reiss, and Jeff Taylor?

What is your favorite RealTracks Artist combination?

Share your favorite RealTracks Artist, or list of RealTracks Artists with us here - don't forget a link to your song (if you have one)!

Ordering Band-in-a-Box® Has Never Been Easier!

When you order any PG Music products directly from (or you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have your order shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to order with the $0 Down Easy Payment Plan - when you choose this payment option you'll pay $0 when you order, with the total of your invoice being split into 4 equal payments charged every 30 days for 4 months after your inital purchase - and there are no additional interest charges or service fees applied!

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® package & order here.
Mac user? Click here to order.

A Look Back: Band-in-a-Box® Macworld 4-Star Rating... for Version 8! #TBT

Band-in-a-Box® has been around a long, long time! Band-in-a-Box® 8 was released in July 1999 - and it received a 4-Star Rating from Macworld!

Want to see the award? Click here to load the image.

Read the latest review of Band-in-a-Box® (2015) from Macworld here.

Eric Blackmon's Tutorial: How To Play A Guitar Solo...

Band-in-a-Box Endorsing Artist Eric Blackmon uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks with a lot of his online lesson videos, including the recently uploaded How To Play A Guitar Solo With 2 Frets In Any Key!

Click here to watch the video for this lesson.

Get to Know Endorsing Artist Robert Conti

Enthusiastic Endorsing Artist Robert Conti uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks for many of the DVDs that he offers on his website, here:

As an endorser, he has this to say:
It is a genuine pleasure to be associated with PG Music. By eliminating the need for an external tone generator and including a comprehensive array of real combo and orchestral instruments within the software, Band-in-a-Box has once again set a new standard of high quality.
My staff and I are proud to recommend this product to patrons of my learning products, as the opportunity for any aspiring student to practice with an On Call Rhythm Section - 24/7, is immeasurable. Moreover, the sound of real instruments render the support tracks generated by Band-in-a-Box, as ideal for any live performance!

Thanks Robert!

Visit Robert Conti's YouTube Channel to review all of his videos.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2016 - Render Track as ACID Loop!

With PowerTracks Pro Audio 2016, you can render an audio track (a highlighted section or the whole track) as ACID Loop and save it to the BB Loops folder!

Select a track, or section of a track, and choose Render | Export Acid Loop - Highlighted section or entire track to WAV in Loops Folder. Then select a file name and press [Save]. When the message "Successfully rendered the file..." appears, you'll also see a "Acidize this .WAV file" where you can adjust further settings, and press [OK].

Your file will automatically save to the bb\RealTracks\Loops folder, unless you choose a different location when you're assigning a file name.

The Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Mac Special is a Hit!

We've recently added some strong new features to the Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Mac program, including VST plugins and AU (audio unit) support, Hi-Q MIDI instruments, an included VST Guitar Amp Simulator (AmpliTube), and more!

If you're already a 2016 user, you can download the free patch here.

If you're using an older version, and are interested in upgrading to the new 2016 program - now is a GREAT time to upgrade! We're offering up to 50% off on Upgrades: and there are BONUS PAKs too!

Here's a taste of what users like you are saying about the new 2016 version:
"The HiQ sounds sound great! This is a huge update for the Mac version!"
"Wow, amazing! Nice work, PGMusic. The Mac version is really catching up. Thanks!"
"The capabilities of the new Band-in-a-box is really impressive!"
"Congratulations on this fantastic new version!"

Forum Stats
25278 Members
45 Forums
41809 Topics
335655 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
CaVero0, Jose Fernando, riley2016, 6262, james efos

25278 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)