Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#143093 - 12/24/11 10:20 AM Sharing practice work
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
In her latest attempts to avoid my suggestion of writing her own music, my daughter has started purchasing karaoke versions of songs and asking me to record her singing along. We did one with her and her friend Chad recently. I'll share for a short while -

http://audiomastering-online.com/stuff/chelle_chad2.WMA

I believe this karaoke license includes recording yourself singing with it, if recording is not used in a commercial setting.. even recording it as a gift for someone is specifically mentioned as OK, so Merry Christmas!
turn it down .. and get off my lawn

#143094 - 12/24/11 10:55 AM Re: Sharing practice work [Re: rharv]
Tommyc Offline
Expert

Wow you're a voice mixing Genius Bob ! Share how you do it in a made for dummies video ,PLEASE !

#143095 - 12/24/11 11:09 AM Re: Sharing practice work [Re: rharv]
pghboemike Offline
Expert

Quote:

In her latest attempts to avoid my suggestion of writing her own music

IGS,instant gratification syndrome, hopefully she won't have it as long as i have
haven't found a cure yet though I've decided to work at it in 2012

hang in there you're not alone

“When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he’d learned in seven years.” – Mark Twain

sounds nice though

#143096 - 12/24/11 11:15 AM Re: Sharing practice work [Re: pghboemike]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Tommy,
Recorded them with B-1 mic through VTB-1 preamp and into RB, along with pe-loaded mp3 karaoke file.
Each got PG10band EQ to cut below 120 or 250, and Classic Compressor vocal preset to help bring them out front a little.
Panned slightly L/R, and inserted Ambience reverb in AUX1. That's about all that was done with vocals.
WMA compression took a little away from it, but not too bad.

If you downloaded Kjauerhaus Classic Compressor and the full version of Ambience (both free) I could send a couple tgs files and you could see exactly how they were all set up.

Edited by rharv (12/24/11 02:09 PM)

#143097 - 12/24/11 11:17 AM Re: Sharing practice work [Re: rharv]
rharv Offline
Veteran

pghboemike,
I'm trying to be patient ..

#143098 - 12/24/11 11:51 AM Re: Sharing practice work [Re: rharv]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Wow Bob, nice mix, did you have clean up the karaoke version file much?

Those kids can sing!
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#143099 - 12/24/11 11:54 AM Re: Sharing practice work [Re: rharv]
jazzmandan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
Very hot mix, well done by all...

#143100 - 12/24/11 11:57 AM Re: Sharing practice work [Re: Robh]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Robh,
I think I EQ'd it a little and sent a little of it to the reverb in AUX ..
There is a distortion in the file as the song fades that I could do nothing about.

#143101 - 12/24/11 12:09 PM Re: Sharing practice work [Re: rharv]
eddie1261 Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Um, that was PRACTICE work?

#143102 - 12/24/11 12:13 PM Re: Sharing practice work [Re: rharv]
seeker Offline
Veteran

Loc: 80 Mi North of Sacramento CA
rharv,

You can certainly wear your mantel of experience very well.
Your daughters performance is great, and you working over
the mix makes it sound as good as anything one could
purchase and better than most.

Thanks for sharing !

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7,APU=AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD,Beats Audio
PG Ultra Plus 2015,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum

#143103 - 12/24/11 12:41 PM Re: Sharing practice work [Re: eddie1261]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Um, that was PRACTICE work?

Considering when Chad first walked up to the mic my daughter said "Ummm Chad, you should probably turn around." He was standing on the wrong side of the LDC mic initially, so yeah I should probably consider it practice work still, at least until they know which side of the mic to sing into.

#143104 - 12/24/11 01:47 PM Re: Sharing practice work [Re: rharv]
Joe Gordon Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Galston, East Ayrshire, Scotla...
Bob, Sounds great to me.....regardless of what you started with, your final result is .......(as others have said).....a very commercial mix.............it will make me go and listen again to my own mixes! ....And your daughter has a great "vocal presnce", I think! Happy Christmas! Joe G.

#143105 - 12/24/11 02:05 PM Re: Sharing practice work [Re: Joe Gordon]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Thanks Joe

#143106 - 12/24/11 02:21 PM Re: Sharing practice work [Re: rharv]
eddie1261 Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Quote:

Considering when Chad first walked up to the mic my daughter said "Ummm Chad, you should probably turn around." He was standing on the wrong side of the LDC mic initially, so yeah I should probably consider it practice work still, at least until they know which side of the mic to sing into.

For some reason I am seeing Nigel Tufnel lost under the stage.....

#143107 - 12/24/11 06:14 PM Re: Sharing practice work [Re: seeker]
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Rharv,

If your daughter likes to sing alot, you should check out Singsnap.com. It is a karaoke site that has great music and alot of choices there. It has helped my vocal pitch and intonation by singing there on a daily basis. It really has.

She can sign up for free. The freebies limit which songs and key settings she can use. The monthly fee is $12 for Gold status which allows every song and key to sing with.

I would suggest this site to anyone who is wanting to improve their vocals with.

Trax

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News

Attention all Band-in-a-Box Users! If you haven't sent us your Video Testimonial yet, we've given you more time! You can submit them until August 31, 2015!

We're working on a Testimonials project, and really want to hear from you! We'd love to watch your video letting the viewer know just how you use Band-in-a-Box, and your thoughts on the program. Plus - if you send us your Video Testimonial, and we use it on our website, you'll win a Band-in-a-Box EverythingPAK!

Check out the current page, which includes testimonials from Zane Carney (Guitarist for John Mayer) and Joanne Cooper (Forum User JosieC)! www.pgmusic.com/video.testimonials.htm

Complete details can be viewed here.

Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac includes Automatic Program Updates! If you want to see how this works, watch this quick YouTube Video.

For a complete list of new features in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac, visit http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm.

Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows has this feature also!

In this video Joanne Cooper talks about how she has used Band-in-a-Box in her recordings and live performances: youtu.be/AodXYQNVL4w

Tell us what you think of Band-in-a-Box - we're accepting Video Testimonials! Information is available here.

All Video Testimonials will be published at www.pgmusic.com/video.testimonials.htm

Quinn Bachand and Qristina Bachand are performing a free noon-time concert and live interview at CBC Vancouver on August 6th in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada!

And that's not their only August Performance! Visit http://www.qbachand.com/shows for a list of upcoming dates.

There is a build 104 update patch available for Mac Band-in-a-Box 2015. Improvements include the addition of an Audio Settings dialog, updated PDF manuals, and a fix for bar settings volume changes.
Download the update here

John Kuzmich is offering a FREE Workshop highlighting Band-in-a-Box on August 12th!

Workshop information:
Date: August 12
Time: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

John Kuzmich is a certified music technology authorized instructor for TI:ME (Technology Institute for Music Educators) and an enthusiastic user and promotor of Band-in-a-Box, which he describes as "the nearest software product to artificial intelligence in creating customizing play-along recordings."

For more information about John and this seminar, head to
http://www.kuzmich.com/clinics2/workshops.htm

With Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac, you can now Import Audio Files! We want you to see how easy it is, so
click here to watch a short tutorial video on our YouTube Channel.

This video can also be found on our Video Tutorials page.

To learn all about the new features in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac, visit http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

Forum Stats
23401 Members
38 Forums
34862 Topics
278357 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
mwgilbert, RexTano, jerry88, callaghjj, AvatarGuitar

23400 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Planobilly 183
Noel96 110