You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#143270 - 12/25/11 12:12 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] A better, simpler install
jazzwombat Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Balmer, Merlan, USA
I've been a user of BIAB since the late 90s, so you'd think by now the install process would be second nature. Ain't! Come on PG music. If I bought the ultrapak HD, it's because I wanted all the programs as advertised. So, why do you force me to go through -- what is it? six? -- separate installations to get the full functionality of the ultrapak? I'd welcome a one-stop installation in BIAB2013. Of course, it would even be nicer if the installation program knew I was upgrading, but I'll hold off that wish until 2014 (lol).

Bob

#143271 - 12/25/11 12:42 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: A better, simpler install [Re: jazzwombat]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Interesting, Bob, exactly how would you like to see it changed? It installs BiaB, then it installs RB. Those are separate cause some people still do not want RB, they use Sonar or Reaper or something else, It installs the RTs, which are different which ever set you buy, and it installs any bonus packs you buy, plus any of the other programs you want like the guitar and piano instruction programs. BiaB is only two installs at most, depending on your package. All the rest are other programs, that you have the choice to install or not.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#143272 - 12/25/11 01:42 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: A better, simpler install [Re: Robh]
jazzwombat Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Balmer, Merlan, USA
Hi RobH:

What I was thinking would be an installer akin to the likes of many of the Adobe installation programs. During installation, the user is asked for "typical" or "custom". In custom, a folder icon is presented with an option to load the entire contents or any parts of it. Expanding the folder brings up a list of its components, which can be individually selected, or the entire folder can be selected; the user has a choice. Wouldn't it be nice if the BIAB installer had the same feature, so you could load BIAB, RB, the components of the 10PAK etc., to your heart's desire, but do it at one time, not in separate installations? It's the separate installations that I feel are unnecessary. That was my thought.

Bob

#143273 - 12/25/11 01:54 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: A better, simpler install [Re: jazzwombat]
John Conley Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, Ontario, Canada
I did put something along these lines on the table during beta.

And I will +1 the OP.

There are so many ways to achieve this that I won't stoop to suggest to someone else the methods however,

I'd like to see personalized installs, based on the purchase and history.

And whenever downloads of updates or reatltracks or whatever happen, have the installer take over and get things done;

It is after all 2012 soon...

And the ability to 'phone home' or not. To check for updates. To manage updates. To get free offers. (I did say free eh?)

I'd think that if support was to track install questions, and then you go back and figure out how to eliminate them, plus make us happy, well it's a no brainer...

Let's go!

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac Special - Up to 50% Off for a Limited Time!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac with over 80 new features, 202 New RealTracks, and more!

To celebrate, we are slashing upgrade prices for a limited time! Until May 31, 2017 you can save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac Upgrade!

View all the purchase options for Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac at www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm.

A summary of our special upgrade prices:
Band-in-a-Box® Pro:
Upgrade from Version 2016: $59 (reg: $69)
Upgrade from Version 2015 or earlier or crossgrade from Windows: $69 (reg: $79)
Special 2017 Program Update from 2016: $49
**Requires Version 2016. Includes version 2017 program updates only. (No other Add-ons or Bonus PAK) **available for a limited time!**

Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK:
Upgrade from Version 2016: $89 (reg: $149)
Upgrade from Version 2015 or earlier or crossgrade from Windows: $99 (reg: $159)

Band-in-a-Box® PlusPAK:
Upgrade from Version 2016: $99 (reg: $129)
(The PlusPAK is designed to upgrade 2016 UltraPlusPAK & EverythingPAK users who are downloading their upgrade or do not want to purchase a new hard drive)

Band-in-a-Box® UltraPlusPAK:
Upgrade from Version 2016: $149 (reg: $279)
Upgrade from Version 2015 or earlier or crossgrade from Windows: $169 (reg: $299)

Band-in-a-Box® EverythingPAK:
Upgrade from Version 2016: $169 (reg: $379)
Upgrade from Version 2015 or earlier or crossgrade from Windows: $189 (reg: $399)

Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition:
Upgrade from 2016 Audiophile Edition: $199 **available for a limited time!**

Learn more about the new features available in Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm.

Picture - RealTracks Artists Oliver Gannon and Neil Swainson Perform!

A member of our PG Team snapped this great photo of RealTracks Artists Oliver Gannon and Neil Swainson as they shared the stage with Tony Genge and Kelby MacNayr this past Sunday for a great show put on at Hermann's Jazz Club in Victoria, BC!

Click here to take a peak!
[from L to R: Tony Genge (piano), Oliver Gannon (guitar), Neil Swainson (bass), and Kelby MacNayr (drums)]

Learn more about all of the RealTracks Artists when you visit www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php.

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac Video - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes*

Learn more about the new Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac version when you check out our latest video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=JO9RHH29uKU

In this video you'll see the new GUI, hear the new RealTracks & RealDrums features, 12-key Guitar RealTracks with Hi-Q Tab/Notation, UserTracks enhancements, Chord Sheet enhancements, and more!

A complete list of the new features added to Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac can be viewed at www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

202 New RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Audio Demos!

We've added 202 new RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Mac - that's double the 101 that we've typically released in the past!

202 REALTRACKS in 24 sets:
-- Country, Folk and World - 10 sets, 59 RTs
-- Jazz, Funk and Blues - 6 sets, 63 RTs
-- Rock and Pop - 8 sets, 79 RTs

...and 24 BONUS REALTRACKS are also available! www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.bonuspaks_2017.htm

The 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box 2017 are included in the UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, Audiophile Edition, and PlusPAK upgrade purchase options. Visit www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm to pick the right purchase for you.

Want the additional 24 BONUS RealTracks? Those are available when you add the 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Mac purchase! To learn more about the 49-PAK, visit www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.bonuspaks_2017.htm.
The 49-PAK can be added to your order within the shopping cart.

For a detailed list of the new RealTracks and to listen to demos, click here.

Ordering is Easy! Special Frequently Asked Questions

If you've ever asked yourself questions like:
How can I order Band-in-a-Box?
How is the program delivered?
Can I have my previous purchases shipped to me?
...etc.

We have the perfect forum post for you! Click here to read through and find your answer!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Contact us directly and we'll be happy to help!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac is here with over 80 NEW features and enhancements, 202 NEW RealTracks, 34 MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, 24 available "Bonus" RealTracks (until May 31st), and more!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac has over 80 exciting new features and enhancements! The main screen GUI has been redesigned with many requested improvements, including a new, smaller footprint, configurable toolbars, and more. RealTracks sound better than ever with improved stretching and transposition quality (Elastique 3), better phrase transitions, and Natural Arrangements. We have added new "Woodshedding" RealTracks called 12-Key Guitar RealTracks from Brent Mason played in 12 keys with Hi-Q (precise) Tab/Notation which is ideal for studying and learning. There are many RealDrums enhancements including Half/Double/Triple time, Multiple Drum/Percussion/Loops on one drum track, and more. There is a dedicated Song Titles Browser with metadata info on over 8,000 popular songs. UserTracks enhancements include Half/Double/Triple time, rests, 3/4 waltz support, and more. We've added a new VST Synthesizer (sforzando SFZ Synth) with support for the popular .SFZ sound format, as well as PG Music’s Hi-Q sounds... ...and more!

Plus, Until May 31st, 2017, SAVE on most upgrade packages and receive a Free Bonus PAK of Add-ons that includes 4 MIDI SuperTracks & 4 Instrumental Studies! Or upgrade to the 49-PAK and get ALL 24 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 30 MIDI SuperTracks, 18 Instrumental Studies, and 59 re-discovered RealStyles & MIDI SuperTracks! Learn More...

To find the Upgrade package right for you, visit www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm

Watch the new features video...

User Trick - Add a Little Color Back to GUI

Our Forum is a great place to be! We have many rooms to post to, including the Tips & Tricks for sharing (and reading) technical tips and tricks related to our software!

Like the recent post by Pipeline, which shares his trick for adjusting the colors within the Band-in-a-Box® for Windows GUI: Click here to read the Forum post: Add a little Color Back To GUI.

Thanks Pipeline - it looks GREAT!

Have a tip of your own to share? Click here to create your forum account and join the conversation!

Forum Stats
25904 Members
49 Forums
45283 Topics
368125 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
SGF Dave, salvadorsito, PS music, GrayD, TechTeach

25903 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 362
VideoTrack 235