Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#140702 - 12/21/11 05:13 PM Re: User Showcase Awards for 2011.... Congratulations to.... [Re: MikeK]
RodM Offline
Enthusiast

Hello all,

I also wanted to add my voice to congratulate all of the user forum award winners and to staff at BIAB for making such a useful product. I am very familiar with the quality of work from the winners and have enjoyed their original compositions and their the use of BIAB.

Thank you again and i hope everyone has a happy and prosperous new year!

#140703 - 12/25/11 11:54 PM Re: User Showcase Awards for 2011.... Congratulations to.... [Re: Keith from Oz]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
This is AMAZING!!!

First that PG Music did this, and second that I was on the list. Had someone called me to tell me I won the 2012 Everything Pack, I would have asked them what radio station was pulling a prank phone call on me.

And the irony that is my life continues, because I just TODAY saw the 12 day old post!!

Thank you all at PG Music.

There are SO many people to thank. I want to thank the drummer who did my drum tracks. (Oh wait, that was Real Band.) And I want to thank the guitar player for his great solo work. (Oh wait, that was Real Band too.) But special thanks to the steel guitar player. Good ones are so hard to find. (Oh wait, once again that was Real Band.) Come to think of it, I barely played anything. I did the writing and the singing, and the arranging of clips I cut and pasted....

You guys at PG truly rock. Or swing. Or country. Whatever.

(Too far?)

-------------------------------------------
My CD is now available for purchase by download on CDBaby.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/eastsideeddie

#140704 - 12/26/11 05:10 AM Re: User Showcase Awards for 2011.... Congratulations to.... [Re: eddie1261]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Quote:

This is AMAZING!!!

First that PG Music did this, and second that I was on the list. Had someone called me to tell me I won the 2012 Everything Pack, I would have asked them what radio station was pulling a prank phone call on me.

And the irony that is my life continues, because I just TODAY saw the 12 day old post!!

Thank you all at PG Music.

There are SO many people to thank. I want to thank the drummer who did my drum tracks. (Oh wait, that was Real Band.) And I want to thank the guitar player for his great solo work. (Oh wait, that was Real Band too.) But special thanks to the steel guitar player. Good ones are so hard to find. (Oh wait, once again that was Real Band.) Come to think of it, I barely played anything. I did the writing and the singing, and the arranging of clips I cut and pasted....

You guys at PG truly rock. Or swing. Or country. Whatever.

(Too far?)

You deserved it Eddie. You jumped into the programs with a vengeance, and also helped others trying to learn how to use them. Looking forward to some new songs from that new Everything Pack!

Congratulations.

Regards,

Bob

https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/

http://www.90dbband.com/index.html

#140705 - 12/27/11 08:32 AM Re: User Showcase Awards for 2011.... Congratulations to.... [Re: 90 dB]
tommyad Offline
Expert

Loc: Florida
Thank you very much for the award. I can't stop smiling. This is the most amazing software that can be imagined. It truly inspires and fertilizes the creative process. I have had a tough year personally but this award is the shot in the arm that I needed to get back on track again with some new songs. Thanks to all the contributors for their creative efforts and for taking the time to listen and comment on other peoples songs. Thanks again to Peter and the staff. I am your biggest fan. Tom

#140706 - 12/31/11 09:48 PM Re: User Showcase Awards for 2011.... Congratulations to.... [Re: JCJazz]
Gary Curran Offline
Veteran

Loc: Poulsbo, Wa 98370
Big congratulations to all the winners, and big thumbs up to Peter and company for coming up with such a great idea.

For the last year or so, I've been heavily involved in work, and then afterwards shooting has taken up a lot of time for me, so when I do get time to sit down at my keyboard, I'll just use the built in arranger function instead of opening BIAB and putting in a song. There's nothing wrong with that, but it does get boring and old after a while, hearing the same old thing every time. That's why Band In A Box has always been like a breath of fresh air for me.

BUT, and this is a big 'but', the reason I use an arranger keyboard is that I never really learned how to play piano. Melody and chords was all I ever really knew, which works very well in either an arranger keyboard, or BIAB. On the down side, I never learned theory, scales (yes, basic, but I never took lessons seriously), or any of the skills that would let me write music. I have to wonder how many others are like me?

So, I put it to the winners of this year's Awards, would you dedicate an area of the Showcase forum to 'The Art of Writing Music?' I know that it's possible for me to create a song out of nothing from BIAB, but I'd like to have something that is my own, and learn the keys to doing it. As a teacher once told me, if you have the keys, you can open any door. He taught keys to opening doors. Would you collectively be willing to teach those of us who don't know the keys to writing music?

Gary

#140707 - 12/31/11 10:43 PM Re: User Showcase Awards for 2011.... Congratulations to.... [Re: Gary Curran]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Laugh often and love much.

#140708 - 12/31/11 11:41 PM Re: User Showcase Awards for 2011.... Congratulations to.... [Re: Sundance]
Gary Curran Offline
Veteran

Josie,
I guess my problem is I'm not educated enough in the musical arts to even know what kind of chord progression to write, or the melody to follow it.

As I said, and as Pat pointed out in the other thread, using BIAB to generate parts of the song is great, but I guess, for me, it doesn't explain WHY the song is the way it is.

Gary

#140709 - 01/01/12 11:59 AM Re: User Showcase Awards for 2011.... Congratulations to.... [Re: Gary Curran]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Quote:

... I guess my problem is I'm not educated enough in the musical arts to even know what kind of chord progression to write, or the melody to follow it. ... Gary

Gary,

Want to learn music theory quickly (at least the chord progression part)? Find your top 10 favorite songs and study the structures (verses, "lifts", choruses, bridges, intros and outros ...) and figure out the chords used in each section of those tunes (lots of help on the internet). Program the chord progressions into BIAB (come close, don't worry about trying to do a perfect "cover") and then write your own lyrics to those chord progressions. You will find that almost all of the songs conform to this progression chart: http://mugglinw.ipower.com/chordmaps/part3.htm (scroll down to Concept #6 - The Simple Map) or, if you get complicated with substitutions galore, then look at this chart: http://mugglinw.ipower.com/chordmaps/part5.htm (2nd map, in C). Writing lyrics to existing songs and melodies is called "Ghost Writing". I have done it a few times and I have found it very easy to change the melody/phrasing to make it a unique song.

Note: When you find chords and lyrics for your favorite songs on the internet, make sure you check a few sources -- there are lots of errors out there.

Kevin

Edited by Kemmrich (01/01/12 12:09 PM)

#140710 - 01/01/12 12:42 PM Re: User Showcase Awards for 2011.... Congratulations to.... [Re: Kemmrich]
Gary Curran Offline
Veteran

Interesting idea, Kevin. Thanks for the suggestion.

I downloaded and installed BIAB 2012 last night, and also upgraded my GPO and JABB to the latest versions....boy, do I love that Aria player over the Kontakt player! Looks like I'll finally actually be able to use those libraries in a useful way!

We'll see what 2012 brings.

Gary

#140711 - 01/07/12 10:29 AM Re: User Showcase Awards for 2011.... Congratulations to.... [Re: Keith from Oz]
DrDUBose Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Greater Boston
Kudos to all!

music at
http://www.bandmix.com/drdubose

#140712 - 01/09/12 12:37 PM Re: User Showcase Awards for 2011.... Congratulations to.... [Re: PeterGannon]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Just found out I was on the list. Thanks Pg, thanks to all on this great forum.

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#140713 - 02/17/12 04:09 PM Re: User Showcase Awards for 2011.... Congratulations to.... [Re: Keith from Oz]
tributeman Offline
Journeyman

Loc: uk
brilliant idea believe me an award like this to all those songwriters will give them a lift to write more music and even those who didnt win will Im sure write even better songs to get on the winners list
windows 7 Ultimate
yamaha rev 500 effects
tacam DP-24 DAW
Samson Resolv NF monitors
Yamaha PSR-620 Keyboard
Fender semi accoustic guitar

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

PG Music News
New Video - Everything You Need to Know About Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac in less than 6 minutes!

Looking for a brief overview of some of the most exciting new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac?

Check out our "Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac - Everything you need to know in less than 6 minutes!" video, which shows just how major this upgrade is! You'll also learn about the new Add-ons: a total of 225 new RealTracks, 11 new MIDI SuperTracks, 19 new Instrumental Studies, and 3 "Artist Video Performances!" Watch the video...

Learn all about the new Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac version here: www.pgmusic.com/mac.new.htm

Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Mac is Here!

We're excited to release the brand new Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac!

Some of the 50 New Features released with this version include:

-The StylePicker has been redesigned and enhanced, and the Chord Sheet is also enhanced with a new look, feel, and customization options.

-You can now load MusicXML files!

-A Fake Sheet mode has been added to Chord Sheet and Lead Sheet. Fake Sheet mode allows display of repeats, 1st/2nd endings, DS/DC al Coda, and more.

-The Chord Sheet has been enhanced with new look, feel and customization

…and so much more!

Check out all the new features: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm.

With the release of Version 2016, there are 201 NEW RealTracks being added to our library! Plus, there are an additional 24 Bonus RealTracks, 11 MIDI SuperTracks, 19 Instrumental Studies, 3 Artist Video Performances, 89 RealStyles, and more when you add a 49-PAK to your purchase!

Of course, we're offering phenomenal pricing on Upgrade packages (until May 31st), and a FREE Bonus PAK is included with most purchases! All of the purchase options can be viewed here.

New Video - Musicians Talk Band-in-a-Box

Check out our latest video - created with clips taken from your Video Testimonials! Musicians Talk Band in a Box.

To learn more about submitting your own video testimonial, visit this post.

If you're interested in purchasing a translated version of Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Windows, we now have the Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish translations available!

You can purchase the language versions from this list, just click on the language you'd like:
Band-in-a-Box: Danish
Band-in-a-Box: Dutch
Band-in-a-Box: French
Band-in-a-Box: German
Band-in-a-Box: Italian
Band-in-a-Box: Portuguese
Band-in-a-Box: Russian
Band-in-a-Box: Spanish
Band-in-a-Box: Swedish

If you've already purchased the English version of the program, and would like the translated version, please send an email request to sales@pgmusic.com. It's a small download ("language patch") that will allow you to use the program in either English or your preferred language.

Announcing PowerTracks Pro Audio 2016!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2016 is here with great new features and enhancements including Load & Save MusicXML files, a fresh new logo, render track as ACID Loop and export it to BB Loops folder, Save Chords Window as Video, and more!

Detailed look at the new features in 2016

Purchase PowerTracks Pro Audio 2016 here

Video - Explore the New Band-in-a-Box 2016 Chord Chart

Have you taken a look at the updated Chord Chart with Band-in-a-Box 2016? It's been enhanced with new look, feel and customization! Watch the video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=iKUE4vSfISc&t=1324

A list of these updates:
-All layers can be customized with font and color.
-Now you see the chord where you are typing it. Previously, chords wouldn’t appear until you hit the Enter key, and sometimes wouldn’t appear at all if you made a typo.
-Colors for all elements on the Chord Sheet can be customized.
-Mouse-over indication shows which bar, cell, or part marker you are currently hovering your mouse over.
-You can now select a region of bars by just using the keyboard.
-There is now a Superscript option (separate settings for the chords and the Additional Chord Display layer).
-The number of columns can be customized.
-The "Extra space between columns (pixels)" option allows you to choose a border thickness between columns.
-The "New line for every section" option previously required that each section was at least 2 bars long, but now there is a "minimum section" setting.
-The "Show bar lines" option displays a bar line next to each bar number.
-The "Show bar numbers" option lets you choose how often bar numbers should display: never, always, only at part markers, or only at new rows.
-The "Use substyle colors for bar #s, etc." option controls the color of the optional bar lines, bar numbers, and section letters.
-The "Gray out chords beyond time signature" setting grays out chords that won't play in the song.
-The "Display ‘2’ as ‘sus2’" and "Display ‘sus’ as ‘sus4’" settings will show suspended chords more explicitly: ‘sus’ implies ‘sus4,’ and ‘2’ implies ‘sus2,’ but you might want to see the full extension name.
-All of the settings and colors can be saved and loaded as a .csc file.

New Video - Using Band-in-a-Box to Supercharge Pro Tools!

Check out our latest video, and you'll learn how the powerful combination of Band-in-a-Box and Pro Tools can boost your music creativity!

Click on this link to watch the video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=otq-sgUhyWk

Forum Stats
24637 Members
42 Forums
39451 Topics
313039 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
angelSonyhd, jjcode, 1wileyin NC, hastoy, tomm

24637 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
dga 364