Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#144784 - 01/02/12 08:30 PM New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Well, after being off for a couple of weeks, recovering from a hospital stay for strep throat that put me in ICU, I am back! I just wrote this one, really for my grandkids. It's a pretty radical departure from my normal "style". It is sort of a kids/adult song called Party In The Woods Tonight. All the instruments are RealTracks/RealDrums. All the vocals are me. I hope you enjoy it!

Party In The Woods Tonight

Here are the lyrics...

Party In The Woods Tonight
Music and Lyrics Copyright Stephen W. Young

In the evening when the sun goes down
Tom the cat starts making his rounds
Checking every yard in his domain
He's the coolest cat for miles around
Throws the biggest parties in town
if you listen close, you can hear it all begin

When the sun goes down
When the sun goes down
When the sun goes down
There's a party in the woods tonight

That Jack the rabbit sure can dance
If Sly, the fox will just give him a chance
Hoppin and boppin to the latest nocturnal sound
Hal the owl has found his groove
His body still, but his head can move
And everybody knows his favorite band

When the sun goes down
When the sun goes down
When the sun goes down

When the sun goes down
When the sun goes down
When the sun goes down

===

Here are the RealTracks/RealDrums used...

RealTracks in song: 1583:Bass, Electric, TexasBluesRockShuffle Sw 130
RealTracks in song: 1566:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm SouthernRockJohn Sw 120
RealTracks in song: 963:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryBoogieCleanSync Sw 140
RealTracks in song: 1015:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BluesRockCrispSteady Sw 140
RealTracks in song: 425:Organ, B3, Background Blues Sw 120
RealTracks in song: 1588:Guitar, Electric, Soloist TexasBluesRockShuffleSol Sw 130
RealDrums in Song: BluesRockShuffle^1-a:HHt, b:OpnHHt

#144785 - 01/02/12 10:28 PM Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: Steve Young]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Hey Steve,

Welcome back!!!

What a fun little ditty for the grands! Sounds like you were having a blast doing it too.

BTW, your voice sounds great especially having just recovered from that awful strep ordeal.

Josie

Josie-Youtube

Josie-Soundcloud

Josie & Bob on iTunes

#144786 - 01/02/12 11:48 PM Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: Sundance]
dcuny Offline
Expert

Yep, I certainly enjoyed it!

It's good to have you back.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#144787 - 01/03/12 12:42 AM Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: dcuny]
JBlue7 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Glos. England
Glad to hear you are on the mend Steve. You should do more of this style, it's great. Superb backing and guitar work.
I'm still recovering from my back problem so restricted to what I can do so I know how frustrating it must have been to be away from it.
regards. Jeff

#144788 - 01/03/12 12:53 AM Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: dcuny]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

Sounds great Steve!

#144789 - 01/03/12 01:55 AM Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: Steve Young]
sinbad Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Germany
A nice comeback Steve. I must say you have an amazing talent for picking just the right RTs for the job. And you voice sounds good again.

#144790 - 01/03/12 08:22 AM Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: sinbad]
rsdean Offline
Expert

Loc: New York
Steve,

Sounds great - very cool and fun song. Welcome back!

Bob

#144791 - 01/03/12 08:26 AM Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: rsdean]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

It all sounds "real" -- ha, ha. Of course the trick is to mix them all together to make them sound just right -- and you are real good at that. I like that "stop" section at 1:51. Cool lead work, too -- it all fits. maybe a tad too much reverb on the lead vox, but that's a minor thing.

Nice work and write.

#144792 - 01/03/12 09:33 AM Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: Steve Young]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
welcome back, steve!

this song is wonderful and has several great biab teaching points.

1. fading the second guitar into the background in the middle grabbed me back to reality.

2. the false ending was a Way kewl" surprise.

you, sir, have raised the bar with that'n.

thank you for sharing.

#144793 - 01/03/12 10:45 AM Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: Don Gaynor]
Jan Romanoff Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
Steve

It had all been said - EXCELLENT.

// JanR

#144794 - 01/03/12 12:07 PM Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: Jan Romanoff]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
Very enjoyable!

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#144795 - 01/03/12 03:32 PM Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: Steve Young]
Ian Fraser Offline
Expert

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Good to have you back, Steve, and bopping along again.
Loved the rhythm of this one and I'll bet it gets the
grandkids clapping their hands. Good hook/chorus, very commercial I think.

Cheers - Ian

#144796 - 01/03/12 04:59 PM Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: Ian Fraser]
airtcon-161 Offline
Enthusiast

I didn't know animals could dance! Good one Steve, a real toe tapper. Good job and welcome back.

Cheers

Nels

#144797 - 01/03/12 05:45 PM Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: Sundance]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Hi Josie,

It is good to be back. And I did have a lot of fun with this one! Glad you like it.

Steve

#144798 - 01/03/12 05:46 PM Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: dcuny]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

David,

Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed it. Your time is very appreciated.

Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Video - Downloading songs from a Mac to your iPhone

Watch this video to learn more about downloading songs to an iPhone from your desktop Mac over a WiFi connection.
Video: Downloading songs from a Mac to your iPhone

Dare to Compare - MIDI Synths and RealTracks

Interested in comparing various MIDI software and hardware synths with each other, and with RealTracks? Check out our Dare to Compare page! Here you can listen to the differences between the Coyote WT, Roland VSC, Cakewalk TTS, Coyote Forte, Roland SD-20, Roland SC-155 and the Ketron SD2 Orchestral Wizard!

RealTracks Artist Kenny Barron Istanbul Performance!

Kenny Barron teams up with Dave Holland for his latest performance in Istanbul! The performance is being held on Friday, October 31st - Click here to learn more about this event.

For a complete list of Kenny's upcoming performances, visit http://kennybarron.com/itinerary/

YouTube Playlist - Tips & Tricks

There's so much Band-in-a-Box can do! Our YouTube Channel: Tips & Tricks playlist takes an in-depth look at many of the features of Band-in-a-Box, offering tips and tricks to help you get the most out of the program!

Video - Woodshedding with Band-in-a-Box

When practicing (or "woodshedding") a tune, it is useful for the tempo to speed up every time the section loops or the song restarts from the beginning. This video will show you how to practice songs or parts of a song at automatically increasing tempos within Band-in-a-Box. Watch the YouTube Video to learn more!

RealTracks Artists “Jump In” to Fight Cancer

The Time Jumpers will be performing for the inaugural Dawn Sears and Friends Benefit for Lung Cancer Research on November 30th in Gallatin, TN. For more event information, visit: http://www.dawnsearsandfriends.com
The Time Jumpers band includes RealTracks Artists Andy Reiss, Jeff Taylor, Kenny Sears & Paul Franklin!

Video - UserTracks Tutorial

A few years ago, PG Music introduced RealTracks - audio tracks that replace the MIDI track for that instrument, and can be controlled just like the MIDI instrument (volume changes, muting etc.). Now with Band-in-a-Box 2014 you have the ability to create your own RealTracks!

To make your own RealTracks, simply record tracks in any DAW, name your UserTracks, and add them to the UserTracks folder in Band-in-a-Box. They are now ready to use, the same as you use other RealTracks! Watch the YouTube Video: UserTracks Tutorial to learn more!

Forum Stats
22155 Members
37 Forums
30468 Topics
243365 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
Jacques B, daddyblue, Bruce Cichowlas, yoharry, jgottlied

22154 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 159
c_fogle 121