Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#144784 - 01/02/12 11:30 PM [User Showcase] New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Well, after being off for a couple of weeks, recovering from a hospital stay for strep throat that put me in ICU, I am back! I just wrote this one, really for my grandkids. It's a pretty radical departure from my normal "style". It is sort of a kids/adult song called Party In The Woods Tonight. All the instruments are RealTracks/RealDrums. All the vocals are me. I hope you enjoy it!

Party In The Woods Tonight

Here are the lyrics...

Party In The Woods Tonight
Music and Lyrics Copyright Stephen W. Young

In the evening when the sun goes down
Tom the cat starts making his rounds
Checking every yard in his domain
He's the coolest cat for miles around
Throws the biggest parties in town
if you listen close, you can hear it all begin

When the sun goes down
When the sun goes down
When the sun goes down
There's a party in the woods tonight

That Jack the rabbit sure can dance
If Sly, the fox will just give him a chance
Hoppin and boppin to the latest nocturnal sound
Hal the owl has found his groove
His body still, but his head can move
And everybody knows his favorite band

When the sun goes down
When the sun goes down
When the sun goes down

When the sun goes down
When the sun goes down
When the sun goes down

===

Here are the RealTracks/RealDrums used...

RealTracks in song: 1583:Bass, Electric, TexasBluesRockShuffle Sw 130
RealTracks in song: 1566:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm SouthernRockJohn Sw 120
RealTracks in song: 963:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryBoogieCleanSync Sw 140
RealTracks in song: 1015:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BluesRockCrispSteady Sw 140
RealTracks in song: 425:Organ, B3, Background Blues Sw 120
RealTracks in song: 1588:Guitar, Electric, Soloist TexasBluesRockShuffleSol Sw 130
RealDrums in Song: BluesRockShuffle^1-a:HHt, b:OpnHHt

#144785 - 01/03/12 01:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: Steve Young]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Hey Steve,

Welcome back!!!

What a fun little ditty for the grands! Sounds like you were having a blast doing it too.

BTW, your voice sounds great especially having just recovered from that awful strep ordeal.

Josie

Laugh often and love much.

#144786 - 01/03/12 02:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: Sundance]
dcuny Offline
Expert

Yep, I certainly enjoyed it!

It's good to have you back.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#144787 - 01/03/12 03:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: dcuny]
JBlue7 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Glos. England
Glad to hear you are on the mend Steve. You should do more of this style, it's great. Superb backing and guitar work.
I'm still recovering from my back problem so restricted to what I can do so I know how frustrating it must have been to be away from it.
regards. Jeff

#144788 - 01/03/12 03:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: dcuny]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

Sounds great Steve!

#144789 - 01/03/12 04:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: Steve Young]
sinbad Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Germany
A nice comeback Steve. I must say you have an amazing talent for picking just the right RTs for the job. And you voice sounds good again.

#144790 - 01/03/12 11:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: sinbad]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Steve,

Sounds great - very cool and fun song. Welcome back!

Bob

#144791 - 01/03/12 11:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: rsdean]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

It all sounds "real" -- ha, ha. Of course the trick is to mix them all together to make them sound just right -- and you are real good at that. I like that "stop" section at 1:51. Cool lead work, too -- it all fits. maybe a tad too much reverb on the lead vox, but that's a minor thing.

Nice work and write.

#144792 - 01/03/12 12:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: Steve Young]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
welcome back, steve!

this song is wonderful and has several great biab teaching points.

1. fading the second guitar into the background in the middle grabbed me back to reality.

2. the false ending was a Way kewl" surprise.

you, sir, have raised the bar with that'n.

thank you for sharing.

#144793 - 01/03/12 01:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: Don Gaynor]
Jan Romanoff Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
Steve

It had all been said - EXCELLENT.

// JanR

#144794 - 01/03/12 03:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: Jan Romanoff]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
Very enjoyable!

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#144795 - 01/03/12 06:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: Steve Young]
Ian Fraser Offline
Expert

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Good to have you back, Steve, and bopping along again.
Loved the rhythm of this one and I'll bet it gets the
grandkids clapping their hands. Good hook/chorus, very commercial I think.

Cheers - Ian

#144796 - 01/03/12 07:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: Ian Fraser]
airtcon-161 Offline
Apprentice

I didn't know animals could dance! Good one Steve, a real toe tapper. Good job and welcome back.

Cheers

Nels

#144797 - 01/03/12 08:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: Sundance]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Hi Josie,

It is good to be back. And I did have a lot of fun with this one! Glad you like it.

Steve

#144798 - 01/03/12 08:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Party In The Woods Tonight [Re: dcuny]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

David,

Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed it. Your time is very appreciated.

Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Video - Band-in-a-Box® and Pro Tools

Are you a Pro Tools user? Have you seen our video, Using Band-in-a-Box to Supercharge Pro Tools?

Watch it now to learn how the powerful combination of Band-in-a-Box® and Pro Tools can boost your music creativity: Video - Using Band-in-a-Box to Supercharge Pro Tools

YouTube Find - My First Backing Track, First YouTube Video

We love that YouTube user Rick Mccann posted a video playing along with his first backing track using Band-in-a-Box!

Watch - First YouTube Video

What a great job - hopefully we see more from Rick!

User Tip - Differences Between the 'Regular' and Audiophile Version... #TipTuesday

Long time program user and forum member Matt Finley had shared his tip regarding the Audiophile version of Band-in-a-Box earlier this year, and it's still valid today!

If you've ever wondered what the difference between the 'regular version' of Band-in-a-Box and the Audiophile version, make sure you read through his forum post: Tip: differences between the 'regular' and audiophile version - it's well written, and always great to hear about the program from fellow users!

The Audiophile Version includes the entire contents of the EverythingPAK and adds the uncompressed WAV or AIFF files for all the included RealTracks & RealDrums! Learn more about the Audiophile version: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.audiophile.htm

Band-in-a-Box® User Feedback - Wow!

There are so many ways to get in touch with people these days... phone, email, social networking, etc.... so of course we hear more feedback from program users these days!
...and here's what they're saying:

"I discovered Band in a Box about a year ago. I hesitated several times before purchasing it as I couldn't quite believe it was going to be as good as the hype. I eventually relented and I can honestly say, it's an incredible program and does some amazing things. As a songwriter, it's an indispensable tool and I can't imagine not having it."
-Vince C.

"I bought the first band in a box for my Atari 1040 ST and I used it for at least 10 years before upgrading to a Windows computer. After real drums, and then real tracks, came out I have upgraded every December since. The program is absolutely inspired and inspirational."
-Kirk O.

"Not everyone can find or afford real musicians to assist them when writing songs - and if working from home, as many songwriters do, there might not be room for them. Band In A Box does the next best thing and takes recordings of real musicians performing, then makes the material available pretty much in real time, in a form that adapts to your own composition by following the chord sequences. Hard to explain simply, but fairly amazing in practice."
-Steve C.

"Great tool for musicians - and the drummer keeps a steady beat!!"
-Maurice A.

"Great for learning new songs. I was weak on country rock songs and with the combination of using Riffstation and BIAB I am able to creat my own backup track for live performance and practicing songs with easier chording... Thanks PG!"
-Laurent C.

"I have it since 2001, use it all the time, great program!"
-John F.

"Thank you Band in a Box. I am a songwriter, and don't play several instruments, so I love being able to wear 2 hats and write and produce, and then later record vocals... You have probably saved me months/years on my project. Excellent tool. Thanks again!"
-Randy A.

"Didn't think I would ever go down that road but got roped into it by another muso friend, bought it and now loving it!"
-Fred P.

Let us know what you think! Post a review on our Band-in-a-Box Comments page, visit our Facebook page, or contact us directly.

User Blog - How I Am Using Band-in-a-Box to Learn to Play by Ear

Check out Joanne Cooper's October blog post: How I am using Band-in-a-Box to learn to play by ear!

Thank you for sharing this Joanne!

Woodshedding with Band-in-a-Box® #TrainYourBrainDay

Don't let the Woodshedding feature in Band-in-a-Box® pass you by - it's a great way to hone your musical skills! The Woodshedding feature within Band-in-a-Box is easily accessed within the Practice toolbar of the program. Change the settings to fit your needs... the idea is that you start off with a slow tempo, playing the part perfectly, and keep this up as the song tempo increases - what a great way to learn!

We added 12-Key "Woodshedding" RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box 2017! These have been recording in all 12 keys, so you can see what a pro would play over an Ab chord, and you won't see them play on a G transposed up to an Ab, and carefully transcribed notation, with correct bend/hammer-ons, pull-offs, and slides...

We have made some of these for country guitar (Brent Mason), piano (Mike Rojas), and pedal steel (Eddy Dunlap) with RealTracks Set 254!

We even have a Woodshedding - Learning to Play! Forum where you can post anything to do with learning to play any musical instrument (including vocals)!

#TBT - YouTube Find: Band-in-a-Box, Complex Numbers (Math with Marty!)

Learn a little history about Band-in-a-Box and Peter Gannon when you check out this blast-from-the-past YouTube video: Band-in-a-Box, Complex Numbers.

What a great find!

Forum Stats
26488 Members
50 Forums
47871 Topics
390762 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
Hippy Jim, haigashod, Claudio Goldfarb, Rantis, gregg_2211

26488 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 164