You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
#145189 - 01/04/12 08:21 PM Tag endings
Darren Patrick Offline

I am working on a song that is 25 bars long, 6 chorus's. I want to tag from bar 21-24 to repeat 2 times at the end. The problem is that the tag needs to start on the 3rd beat of bar 21 which I have been told I can't do. I could shift every chord one beat to the left but then the end of the song won't work properly. A simple fix would be, to be able to choose what beat, of the bar you to start the tag and how many times. That's my whish list......for now

HI , I'm new here and I love BIAB

#145190 - 01/04/12 09:24 PM Re: Tag endings [Re: Darren Patrick]
raymb1 Offline

Loc: Sterling, Va
You can change the time signature at any bar you want. Just look in the manual. Would that do for your song? Later, Ray
Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2016, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.

#145191 - 01/07/12 07:46 AM Re: Tag endings [Re: raymb1]
Tommyc Offline

Ray is right,F5 > bar settings will let you change the number of beats in a single bar. I would select edit unfold to 1 chorus so that bar will only be played when it's needed . Should be easy to do !

#145192 - 01/07/12 11:49 AM Re: Tag endings [Re: Tommyc]
Darren Patrick Offline

Thanks guys, I'll give it a try
HI , I'm new here and I love BIAB

PG Music News
YouTube Find: 2015 NAMM Demonstration!

Watch Tobin demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show:

Thank you Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear for sharing this video to your YouTube Channel!

Band-in-a-Box® Video Tutorials!

Get the most out of your Band-in-a-Box purchase when you visit our Support page! There you'll find program updates, an FAQ section, written tutorials, patch maps, support request forms, and the popular Videos section.

For Band-in-a-Box® videos, we offer Overview, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and Troubleshooting sections, and even keep the older version videos here under the Archive section. We also have a special Tips & Tricks section for Band-in-a-Box® for Windows.

The full list of video categories available on our support page are:
Band-in-a-Box® (Windows)
Band-in-a-Box® (Windows) Tips & Tricks
Band-in-a-Box® (Mac)
RealBand Tips & Tricks
Other Products
User to User Videos

These are also available when you visit our YouTube channel.

If you have any suggestions for future videos, please let us know!

#TipTuesday - Export the StylePicker, RealTracks, and RealDrums Lists in Band-in-a-Box® 2016

One of the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Windows is the ability to export the StylePicker, RealTracks, and RealDrums lists to a spreadsheet.

To do this, press the [Copy List] button within the StylePicker, RealTracks, and RealDrums Picker windows. This will put the entire list on a file that saves within your BB folder, but it will also open up right away as a Notepad document when you choose [OK] on the message that appears.

When the Notepad document opens up, just select the entire contents, and copy it to your clipboard. When you paste it into an Excel (or other spreadsheet) document, you'll see that it separates the information into easy-to-sort columns.

This feature is also available in Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac.

Celebrate International Artist Day!

Being an artist is more than just knowing how to draw or paint - art comes in all forms! From photography to sculpting to acting, dancing, writing, and musicians - if your work adds beauty to the world around you (and everyone else), you're an artist!

So, get out there and share your artistic abilities today! And don't forget to reach out to other musicians (or other artists) and celebrate their success too...

Like all of you here on our Forums, and anyone else creating music using our software! We love to listen to your songs, hear (or read) your thoughts, and help each other out. Although today might be International Artist Day, it really feels like we are celebrating your success every time we listen to a song you've shared!

Share your Band-in-a-Box® YouTube Finds!

Have you come across a YouTube video that uses Band-in-a-Box® tracks? Share it to the recently introduced I just hear Band-in-a-Box® on YouTube forum!

This forum is great for helping to publicize how Band-in-a-Box® is used on YouTube and other sites (tutorials, backing tracks, etc.).

To date more than 20 videos have been shared, including the posts:
-Two videos with music made using BIAB
-Rich Severson uses Biab and Quilter amps
-Forum Member Rob4580 BiaB & Metal Detecting Channel

...and more!

Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac Special - One Week Left!

There's only one week left to order your Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac Upgrade at up to 50% off - our Mac special ends on October 31st, 2016!
Visit to find your upgrade.

There are over 50 new features with this new version, including:
-AU and VST plugins are now supported! There is a new Plugins tab on the Mixer window, that allows you to add/edit MIDI or audio plugins on each track. We include the Sforzando VST sample player, along with the PG Music HiQ Instruments.

-HiQ instruments have been added. These are high quality MIDI sounds that make the MIDI tracks (both regular and MIDI SuperTracks) sound much better. You can audition and choose a HiQ patch for any track by control+clicking on the track --> "Select HiQ MIDI Patch".

-A Plugins Options dialog includes an option to scan for VST plugins on bootup and options for how plugin windows are opened, closed, and arranged on the screen. Plugins that are essential to Band-in-a-Box® (eg the "Apple: DLSMusicDevice" or "Sforzando") are scanned for regardless of the "Scan for VST plugins on bootup" or "Scan for AU plugins on bootup" settings.

...and more! Visit to review all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac.

We're also offering a FREE Bonus PAK with most* Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac purchases during our special, which includes:
1 Artist Video Performance:
Jack Stafford Sax: Indiana

3 MIDI SuperTracks:
Piano, Rhythm FolkySwing Sw 110
Piano, Electric, Rhythm FunkSwing16 Sw16 085
Piano, Rhythm CountryBentNoteJohn Sw 085

4 Instrumental Studies:
Bass, Electric, Jazz Funk Poppy, Ev16 110
Guitar, Acoustic, Folk, 2-part Fingerpicking, Sw16 085
Guitar, Electric, Blues and Rock, Medium Rock Soloist, Ev 120
Piano, Acoustic, Jazz and Bossa, Solo-Accompaniment Jazz Stride, Sw 085

*$49 Pro Upgrade not elibable.

Upgrade your Free Bonus PAK to the Bonus 49-PAK for just $49 and receive ALL 24 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 2 Artist Video Performances, 8 MIDI SuperTracks, and 15 Instrumental Studies. These Add-ons are not included in any other package. Learn more here.

Tell Us Your Favorite RealTracks Artist!

When creating your songs in Band-in-a-Box® or RealBand, who is the most common RealTracks Artist you use?

Or... do you find you're sticking with a select few? Perhaps making your own Country band by combining The Time Jumpers members Paul Franklin, Kenny Sears, Andy Reiss, and Jeff Taylor?

What is your favorite RealTracks Artist combination?

Share your favorite RealTracks Artist, or list of RealTracks Artists with us here - don't forget a link to your song (if you have one)!

Forum Stats
25295 Members
45 Forums
41866 Topics
336097 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
Franlalo, masaa12, Watson, Oceanpaddeler, alvarrocardenas

25294 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 140
David Snyder 138