#347621 04/28/16 05:42 AM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
T
tbudw Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
T
I want to thank you all for access to all your experience and knowledge. This is my problem. I have been using BIB and like it very much and I like to export the waves into reaper. This has been working fine.

For some reason, and I may have inadvertently changed some setting, now when I try to export the 8 bar chorus as I have alway done in the past, to individual wave files, the export process starts and never ends and when I interrupt the process, the export file is several gigs large....
The process has been successful and now it isn't....

I have tried fooling with various settings but I am not sure where to start.

Could it have anything to do with mixing midi and real tracks?

I like Reaper because I can import several tracks at once.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Tbudw

tbudw #347647 04/28/16 08:43 AM
Veteran
Veteran
I don't know Reaper so I can't help with your question. Whenever someone posts that something used to work and now it doesn't, it leads to the follow-up question: what changed?

Have you updated Windows, Reaper, or BIAB?

Have you contacted PG Music Support to ask this? Have you posted on a Reaper user forum, assuming there is one?

Could you please supply some detail: what version of BIAB, what version of Windows, and anything relevant about Reaper.

I'm assuming Reaper must handle MIDI. If it doesn't, then your speculation makes sense. It would be easy to test that by trying an all Real-Tracks BIAB song.

Good luck!

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
tbudw #347648 04/28/16 08:47 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Tbudw,

Some questions to help the forum get an insight into your system and that might help you solve the problem...

1. What version of BIAB do you have? (for example Windows version 2013)

2. Has anything changed with you computer system recently? (for example have you recently changed computers, operating system, soundcard, antivirus software, etc.

3. Have you installed the latest update for the program found at the link below?

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.htm

4. Have you tried resetting to factory defaults?

Reset is found under the Opt menu and is a good place to start. It will reset your audio/midi setup so it might pay to take a screen shot of that before you reset (or save the configuration file if you have a later version of BIAB). This is always a good place to begin solving problems. Exit and restart BIAB after resetting so that the changes can take effect.

5. Does this happen with every song or one song in particular?

6. Have you checked to see if a chord might have accidentally been added to the last bar?

7. How many choruses is your song set to? Try changing this to "1" and see if it makes a difference.

Hope one of these suggestions helps.
Noel

P.S. I use Reaper and it works fine with BIAB.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #347659 04/28/16 10:33 AM
T
tbudw Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
T
Thanks for the response.

I am running a dell tower with dual processor 64x, 16G Ram, Windows 10. Everything was working fine. Reaper works great together because I can import all the waves at one shot.
Answer to your questions:
1. Earlier this year I installed BIAB 2016 32x and all was well. Updates are current as of today with 431 I think.

2. No recent hardware changes.

3. See number 1

4. I have not tried resetting to factory defaults but will give it a shot.

5. This is the stumper, does not occur with every song.

6. No hanging chords (or chads)

7. Chorus replays set to 1.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

tbudw

T
tbudw Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
T
I probably misstated the problem. The problem is not with Reaper. The problem is getting the export function to export the individual tracks as waves.

I have plenty of horsepower with dell tower 64x, windows 10, BIAB 2016 x32 updated today.

I haven't tried support yet because usually the first question is have you tried the forums.

The problem does not occur with every song. I am wondering if DXi is installed correctly. I might need to go thru that again as I get a "no DXi installed" message when trying to set the DXi up. However, I installed all six dvds directly to the hard drive. I still get that message about coyote. Play back is fine.

The song has a mixture of real tracks and midi. The program is very handy for designing harmonies for vocals. That's another story.

Let me know if you come up. I will contact support as well. I like BIAB for arranging songs and building vocal parts as well. But it is useless to me if I can't get the wave export function back.

Thanks

Tbudw

Thanks for the quick response.

tbudw #347661 04/28/16 10:49 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Given that it doesn't happen with every file, it sounds like there is something different in relation to the files and their creation.

Some more questions...

1. Do you use externally created midi from the internet when creating a chord sheet?

2. Do you use ACW (Audio Chord Wizard) to get chords from audio files when creating your chord sheet?

3. If neither of the above, please briefly explain how you create a chord sheet.

4. When you save to WAV have you deactivated the "2 second delay at end" that's found under the "Audio | Render to stereo WAV" options. Doing this has been known to create long audio files occasionally (depending on soundcard).

Something to try...

Select "New" from the File menu. This will load a new worksheet with default settings. This is useful in case the existing worksheet has some form of setting present that you don't know about.

Create an 8 bar, 1 chorus song. Generate and render to wav. What was the outcome?

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
tbudw #347731 04/28/16 08:11 PM
Veteran
Veteran
I can't export wav files using the export button either. That process just stalls. I can, however, in PLUGIN mode drag the individual wav files (real drums etc) into REAPER with no hassles at all. Can't do it with Midi files - they don't convert to .wav.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
tbudw #347733 04/28/16 08:55 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Ray,

Do you have Coyote WT VST/DXi synth operating or do you used some other software synth?

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
tbudw #347802 04/29/16 06:47 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tbudw
Thanks for the response.

I am running a dell tower with dual processor 64x, 16G Ram, Windows 10. Everything was working fine. Reaper works great together because I can import all the waves at one shot.
Answer to your questions:
1. Earlier this year I installed BIAB 2016 32x and all was well. Updates are current as of today with 431 I think.

2. No recent hardware changes.

3. See number 1

4. I have not tried resetting to factory defaults but will give it a shot.

5. This is the stumper, does not occur with every song.

6. No hanging chords (or chads)

7. Chorus replays set to 1.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

tbudw

tbudw,

Try updating to build 432.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
tbudw #347862 04/29/16 12:38 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks Jim,

That completely slipped past me! That's the beauty of a forum like this, what one person misses another can slip in and help out.

I notice the build 433 is now released, too.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
tbudw #347928 04/30/16 01:21 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Noel69,
I don't use any software synths. I'll have a look tomorrow to see if Coyote is on the machine. I do know I didn't install it specifically though it may be on the drive as part of a package.
I'll get back to you.
Cheers
rayc

Cheers
rayc
tbudw #347932 04/30/16 02:18 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Ray,

That could be the problem.

Enter into the preferences and then click on the Midi Driver button. When in these settings, double-check that settings marked yellow below are set the same on your computer.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
tbudw #347956 04/30/16 07:53 AM
Veteran
Veteran
This might be a long shot, but try this:

1: Open the BiaB song in Real Band

2: Save the song (still as a BiaB song) with a different name.

3: Then open the newly saved song in BiaB and try the export to Wav again.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
tbudw #348870 05/07/16 10:43 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Dear Noel96,
I followed your instructions BUT was stymied by the fact that I don't have CoyoteWT or any VST/DXi Syt=nth Settings. I found a VSC/DXi but that didn't work. The system stalled and I could go no further and am, sadly, that dialogue said I will not be able to play any midi until I have a prog it recognises..
Can/should I download CoyoteWT? Would it be on the installation disc for BIAB?
Any thoughts on the next step.
Cheers
rayc

Last edited by rayc; 05/07/16 11:08 PM.

Cheers
rayc
tbudw #348872 05/07/16 11:20 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Ray,

Coyote WT comes with Band In A Box.

The first thing is to check if you can load Coyote WT. To do this...

1. Enter into Preferences by clicking on the "Prefs" button or "Options | Preferences".

2. Click on the "MIDI Driver" button.

3. Set #1 (MS Wavetable) and #2 (General Midi) as shown on the image below.

4. Activate the two checkboxes I've labelled #3.

5. Click on the button #4 and have a look to see if CoyoteWT is available in the list. If it is, select it and click on OK to exit the setup. All is now ready to go.

If Coyote WT is not available in the list of synths, then it can be installed under the "Help" menu. Simply follow the 1, 2, 3 below to install. Once that's done, repeat steps 1 - 5 above.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #348873 05/07/16 11:40 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Dear Noel,
thank you very much. The screen shots make life so much easier. It Sunday evening in my neck of the woods so I will attempt the changes (with the installation disc in the drive just in case) after work tomorrow.
Thanks in anticipation of an easy resolution.
Cheers
rayc

Cheers
rayc
tbudw #348886 05/08/16 03:05 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Ray,

Sunday evening here too! I'm just a little south of you in Melbourne smile We're getting quite and Australian collection here on the forums!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
tbudw #349335 05/12/16 12:14 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,
I tried the new steps and was, again, unsuccessful. The only change I didn't make was that I use ASIO & need to keep that constant as, I assume, it'll be an issue when using plugin mode to drag Realtracks into Reaper. I managed to find Coyote etc & almost everything was AOK. When I try to play RealDrums over an imported audio file I only get the count in and then nothing. When I drop RealStyles over the file I get the drums but, naturally enough, the style does mean that there's a lot going on and it's difficult to hear what I need. Is there any way of disengaging Styles or components of styles so that I can hear just drums?
I don't know about South of Melbourne but here, south of Sydney the mornings & nights are cold and the day is only pleasant if out of the shade or wind.
Cheers
ray

Cheers
rayc
tbudw #349344 05/12/16 01:19 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Ray,

If you have BIAB set to use an ASIO driver, that is most likely what is causing your problem. ASIO drivers aren't always friendly with audio applications. (I'm presently trying to solve an ASIO issue with a new driver for my soundcard and Reaper.)

Back to your problem...

Change you BIAB audio driver to MME and see if that makes a difference. There is no issue with having BIAB set to use MME and Reaper set to use ASIO. That's my standard setup.

To change BIAB's driver, select "Options | Preferences | Audio" and then select MME for the "Audio Driver Type".

Let us know how you go.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
tbudw #349569 05/12/16 10:06 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Noel96,
without you I'd have no clue & the alphabet'd be 1 less.
Since you're using the same basic duality as me I'll change the driver tomorrow (weekend yeah!).
Cheers
rayc

Cheers
rayc
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,590
Posts734,778
Members38,501
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Krystal Mcclain, Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex
38,500 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 189