You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#146224 - 01/10/12 07:25 PM First Post
Sclairfan Offline

Loc: Corunna, Ontario
Just thought I would say hello since I am new to the forum.I have been reading a lot of your posts since early December and have found them to be very informitave. I have had a few different versions if BB over the years but have not used it much. I really like Real Band and I like what it can do. I think it is going to be a lot of fun to use. I purchased a Roland SD-50 to use with Real Band , my fist Sound module was an MT-32 which I purchased new in 1988 and it works fine but not quite like the SD-50. My reason for making another attempt at BB is that I have two teenage daughters that play and sing and I would like to help them put together some backing tracks. I'm sure I will have many questions as we get into this and it certainly looks like this is a good place to get the answers I will need. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

#146225 - 01/11/12 01:17 AM Re: First Post [Re: Sclairfan]
LynB Offline
Veteran

Loc: Barton-on-Sea,Hants,UK
Welcome to the Forum.

#146226 - 01/11/12 05:54 AM Re: First Post [Re: LynB]
MountainSide Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Florida
Welcome. You will find much support and a friendly group here. You and your daughters will have a lot of fun with the software.
Win7x64, Intel i5, 16GB RAM, 1TB HD, BIAB 2014 Everything, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express XT, Yamaha DX7II & TX802, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Motif XS rack, Fantom XR rack, TC Helicon VoiceLive Touch, VoiceLive Touch Editor

#146227 - 01/11/12 09:23 PM Re: First Post [Re: Sclairfan]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:

Just thought I would say hello since I am new to the forum.I have been reading a lot of your posts since early December and have found them to be very informitave. I have had a few different versions if BB over the years but have not used it much. I really like Real Band and I like what it can do. I think it is going to be a lot of fun to use. I purchased a Roland SD-50 to use with Real Band , my fist Sound module was an MT-32 which I purchased new in 1988 and it works fine but not quite like the SD-50. My reason for making another attempt at BB is that I have two teenage daughters that play and sing and I would like to help them put together some backing tracks. I'm sure I will have many questions as we get into this and it certainly looks like this is a good place to get the answers I will need. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing your songs in the User Showcase and also we look forward to hearing what you have to add to the chatter around here!
3) I agree that other factors beside those mentioned here also apply
4) I have no desire to fight. If my post came across that way, then you probably missed my point
5) Caveat Emptor

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Gonzalo Bergara - Weekend Performances!

Catch the Gonzalo Bergara Quartet this weekend at the DjangoFest NorthWest!

Click here for more information.

RealTracks Artist Quinn Bachand will be there too!

Band-in-a-Box Facebook Contest!!

Like us on Facebook before October 1, 2014 for a chance to win a Band-in-a-Box EverythingPAK! Click here to enter

RealTracks Artist Jeff Lorber Takes the Stage September 25th!

Watch The Jazz Funk Soul Tour with RealTracks Artist Jeff Lorber, Everette Harp and Chuck Loeb on Thursday, September 25, 2014!

To learn more about this performance being held at the Highline Ballroom in New York, click here.

Video - Band-in-a-Box Chord Shortcuts

Entering Chords in Band-in-a-Box is easy!

Use these simple shortcuts in this YouTube Video to enter chords for your Band-in-a-Box song! You'll also learn how to create your own custom shortcuts!

A Look Back - Band-in-a-Box Version 12

Band-in-a-Box 12 for Windows was released in December 2002 - here are just a few of the New Features for Version 12:
✔ “Twice as many instruments” with GM2 support
✔ Separate Notation Track for each Harmony Voice
✔ Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin, Ukulele and Bass fretboard display
✔ Guitar Chord Diagrams in Jazz, Pop or Folk voicings
✔ Jazz Music Fonts for Notes, Symbols, Chords and Titles
✔ Multiple Tracks of Notation
✔ Section Text and Boxed Text – add custom text messages at any position in the notation track
✔ “Direct-to-Disk” Audio Rendering – converting a song to audio format in seconds
...and more!

Click here to see the Band-in-a-Box 12 info sheet!

This Saturday - THE TIME JUMPERS with Vince Gill, Dawn Sears, and Kenny Sears!

There are still some tickets left for THE TIME JUMPERS featuring Vince Gill, Dawn Sears, and (RealTracks Artist) Kenny Sears show this Saturday at The Arcada Theatre in St Charles, IL!

Click here for event information.

RealTracks Artist Troy MacGillivray - Saturday Performance!

Join RealTracks Artist Troy MacGillivray this Saturday at 8pm as he kicks off the fall season at Harmony House Theatre in Hunter River PEI!

Click here for more information.

Forum Stats
22009 Members
38 Forums
30086 Topics
239455 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
defghi854234, mikekl, Zizio, dannadou, jimbao

22008 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 113