You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#139468 - 12/08/11 06:15 AM navigable loops directories & subdirectories
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
LOVE the loops!

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it seems that loops can only be accessed from the C:\BB\REALTRACKS\LOOPS directory. I already have a large collection of loops that are catagorized in topical subdirectories elsewhere on my system. Loop libraries tend to be too large to keep multiple copies on the same system.

How about allowing users to put a windows shortcut in the BIAB loops folder, then allow us to use the shortcut and standard windows pick box to select loop files?
You can train a dog to jump through a hoop by positive reinforcement. But if you kick him just once after he jumps through the hoop, he will probably avoid the hoop from then on. The same principle is true of song writing.

#139469 - 01/15/12 09:29 AM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Pat Marr]
Tommyc Offline
Expert

I made my own windows shortcut in the loops folder ,when you open the loops dialog at the bottom left it says Open Folder . That takes you to the shortcuts in loops directory ,but I didn't have compatible loops to try it.

#139470 - 01/15/12 09:52 AM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Tommyc]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Quote:

I made my own windows shortcut in the loops folder ,when you open the loops dialog at the bottom left it says Open Folder . That takes you to the shortcuts in loops directory ,but I didn't have compatible loops to try it.

I did the same thing... the picker would follow the shortcut, but it wouldn't let me pick a file from the remote directory. Apparently, it will only pick files from the loop directory and its subdirectories.
You can train a dog to jump through a hoop by positive reinforcement. But if you kick him just once after he jumps through the hoop, he will probably avoid the hoop from then on. The same principle is true of song writing.

#139471 - 01/16/12 03:47 PM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Pat Marr]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
I have all my loops in subfolders, and it just tosses them into one and i have to scroll down and find a needle in a haystack.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#139472 - 01/18/12 08:03 AM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Robh]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

My current strategy is to have a directory adjacent to RBs loops directory with all my loops subdivided into subfolders... then for each project move only the ones I want to the RB loops folder. That way I can keep my hierarchical organization, and still have a small list the RB sees when I look for project loops. By keeping the selection simple, I can make more project specific loops and they won't get lost in the herd. Then after the project is over, I can move all of those related loops to the archive, and put them in a directory by themselves so I can find the whole project at a later time

#139473 - 01/19/12 03:02 PM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Robh]
pwarren Offline
Expert

Loc: BC, Canada
Quote:

I have all my loops in subfolders, and it just tosses them into one and i have to scroll down and find a needle in a haystack.

But if you put the name of a subfolder in the filter edit you'll only see loops in that subfolder. It works really well for me.

#139474 - 01/22/12 12:52 AM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: pwarren]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Quote:

But if you put the name of a subfolder in the filter edit you'll only see loops in that subfolder. It works really well for me.

hey, good call! I hadn't noticed the filter! thanks!

#139475 - 01/22/12 11:26 AM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Pat Marr]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Cool!
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Video - Save Your Song as a Video with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows!

One of the newest features in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows is the ability to save your song as a video!

Watch this newest feature in action with our YouTube video: http://youtu.be/P07vmLIJCok

Introducing RealTracks Artist Avery Bright - Album Credits

RealTracks Artist Avery Bright has been playing the Violin since he was just four years old! He's been part of a few different albums this year - view his album credits here.

You'll find Avery's work in RealTracks Set 206: Pop String Quartet.

Purchase jBridge for Only $10!

One of the exciting new features in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows is support for 64-bit VST Plugins when you use jBridge.

You can purchase jBridge for just $10 during our special! Click here for more information.

Load and Play Videos with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows!

One of the new features in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows is the ability to load videos that you have already downloaded from YouTube or elsewhere into Band-in-a-Box Video Window. The audio is extracted from the video to the audio track!
Watch program creator Peter Gannon explain this new feature here.

Introducing RealTracks Artist Mike Moreno - Upcoming Shows!

Mike Moreno is a Jazz guitarist recognized as being one of the most important figures in the new generation of Jazz guitarists! He's also a busy man - not only will you find his work in our newest Jazz RealTracks Sets 215-216, you'll also find him performing throughout January! For a complete list of his upcoming performances, visit http://www.mikemoreno.com/shows.html

NEW! Band-in-a-Box Version 2015 Build 412 Update

The Band-in-a-Box Version 2015 Build 412 update is a free update for every Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows user! Click here to download.
** Major feature added **
Save as Video.
Now you can save your Band-in-a-Box song composition as a video, that you can upload to YouTube or work with in video programs. Just press the [Save as] button and choose 'Save as Video'. The 'video' portion is the chordsheet in Band-in-a-Box that shows the chords and a highlighted bar moving as the song plays. Song title and song info displays at the top of the window. For example, you can make a backing track for a cool chord progression, and upload it to YouTube for others to play along to. Do a visual transpose and upload a second version for Bb tenor sax players.

This patch also includes:

• Fixed: When no mp3 codecs were available and render was chosen to mp3, program was sometimes locking up.

• Fixed: Icon changed for 2015 new features in some menus.

• Fixed: Most HiQ instruments have been updated - fixed tuning problems and one sustained note problem.

• Improved: RT207 - A new RT - Horn Section, Rhythm, Funk 2-part, Ev 110 (Simple with Space) adds space between riffs and sounds more like a background style.

• Fixed: RT 208 Rockabilly - RealStyle fixed.

• Fixed: RT 209 Baritone Sax - RealStyle fixed.

• Fixed: RT 210 Motown - Style Demos Audio added, some song demos updated.

• Fixed: RT 211 Motown - Demo fixed.

• Fixed: RT 212 Synths - RealStyle and demos added for Synth, ElectroFlutes, Rhythm Pop Ev 085

• Fixed: RT 216 Jazz Pollwinners - updated/fixed demos and styles.

• Fixed: Audiophile version crash when a specific P&W holds file was used.

• Updated: StylePicker list updates for new styles.

• Updated: Documentation and help file updates.

Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows Hard Drive!

The pre-installed hard drive option for the Band-in-a-Box UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK and Audiophile Edition packages are a convenient way to purchase your Band-in-a-Box! These options are delivered completely pre-installed on a high-speed USB 2.0 HD!

Taking your Band-in-a-Box with you is easy when you have the UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK or Audiophile Edition.

Forum Stats
22398 Members
39 Forums
31719 Topics
251541 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 12:12 PM
Newest Members
davidvga, Stagecoach, mrjuban, SlashBIAB, umd

22398 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
PeterGannon 279
Noel96 251