You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#139468 - 12/08/11 03:15 AM navigable loops directories & subdirectories
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
LOVE the loops!

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it seems that loops can only be accessed from the C:\BB\REALTRACKS\LOOPS directory. I already have a large collection of loops that are catagorized in topical subdirectories elsewhere on my system. Loop libraries tend to be too large to keep multiple copies on the same system.

How about allowing users to put a windows shortcut in the BIAB loops folder, then allow us to use the shortcut and standard windows pick box to select loop files?

#139469 - 01/15/12 06:29 AM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Pat Marr]
Tommyc Offline
Expert

I made my own windows shortcut in the loops folder ,when you open the loops dialog at the bottom left it says Open Folder . That takes you to the shortcuts in loops directory ,but I didn't have compatible loops to try it.

#139470 - 01/15/12 06:52 AM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Tommyc]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Quote:

I made my own windows shortcut in the loops folder ,when you open the loops dialog at the bottom left it says Open Folder . That takes you to the shortcuts in loops directory ,but I didn't have compatible loops to try it.

I did the same thing... the picker would follow the shortcut, but it wouldn't let me pick a file from the remote directory. Apparently, it will only pick files from the loop directory and its subdirectories.

#139471 - 01/16/12 12:47 PM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Pat Marr]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
I have all my loops in subfolders, and it just tosses them into one and i have to scroll down and find a needle in a haystack.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#139472 - 01/18/12 05:03 AM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Robh]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

My current strategy is to have a directory adjacent to RBs loops directory with all my loops subdivided into subfolders... then for each project move only the ones I want to the RB loops folder. That way I can keep my hierarchical organization, and still have a small list the RB sees when I look for project loops. By keeping the selection simple, I can make more project specific loops and they won't get lost in the herd. Then after the project is over, I can move all of those related loops to the archive, and put them in a directory by themselves so I can find the whole project at a later time

#139473 - 01/19/12 12:02 PM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Robh]
pwarren Offline
Expert

Loc: BC, Canada
Quote:

I have all my loops in subfolders, and it just tosses them into one and i have to scroll down and find a needle in a haystack.

But if you put the name of a subfolder in the filter edit you'll only see loops in that subfolder. It works really well for me.

#139474 - 01/21/12 09:52 PM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: pwarren]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Quote:

But if you put the name of a subfolder in the filter edit you'll only see loops in that subfolder. It works really well for me.

hey, good call! I hadn't noticed the filter! thanks!

#139475 - 01/22/12 08:26 AM Re: navigable loops directories & subdirectories [Re: Pat Marr]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Cool!
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Take A Look At What We Found!

Do you recognize one of the programs in this "Meet Jazz Sax Man - Elias Haslanger" video by Dell?!

Video: How to Search for and Replace Chords in Band-in-a-Box

Replacing chords in your Band-in-a-Box song is easy! Watch our "How to Search for and Replace Chords in Band-in-a-Box" video and you'll see!

Video: Band-in-a-Box Medley Maker

RealTracks medleys are special groups of RealTracks that play in sequence. Watch this video to learn how you can make your very own RealTracks medleys in Band-in-a-Box.

RealTracks, RealDrums & MIDI SuperTracks Patch

There is a new general maintenance patch for RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI SuperTracks. Not only does the patch includes all of the recent fixes and enhancements for files shipped in 2013 and 2014, we've also added "Simple" variations to hundreds more previously released RealTracks. For more information and to download the patch click here.

RealTracks Compatibility Patch

This patch is for customers who purchased RealTracks Sets that were released after their Band-in-a-Box/RealBand version was released, and are having trouble getting the new RealTracks to be recognized by the program. Download the patch here.

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box 2014

You've bought Band-in-a-Box 2014 and you're ready to start using the program! After you install the program you will be prompted to activate Band-in-a-Box within 30 days. This can be done over the Internet or by phone. Watch how to activate your Band-in-a-Box 2014 here.

Video - RealBand: Batch File Convert

With RealBand 2014 you can save lots of time by batch converting your various audio files, RealBand SEQ files, or Band-in-a-Box song files to an audio format of your choice. Watch the video to see how fast and easy you can do this.

Forum Stats
21878 Members
41 Forums
28826 Topics
227200 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
PercyJeffries80, accavazos, nestorcuberos, yorkadan, Marke

21878 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Mac 114
dani48 100