Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#147819 - 01/22/12 11:44 AM [User Showcase] Shameless Self Promotion...
Mick Emery Offline
Expert

Loc: Needmore, PA, USA
There is a "competition" going on between my band, River Knot, and me.
They are #1 on reverbnation for the Needmore, PA area, and #2 for Hagerstown, MD.
I was #1 in Needmore, now #2. (heck I'm the only musician here!) & #2 in Hagerstown, now #3.

As a result of this, we're trying to actually figure out how these ratings work & change.

If you have the time & inclination...would you visit the site, maybe listen to a song, and maybe "like" or "share"?

http://www.reverbnation.com/mickemery

Thanks in advance....
Mick

#147820 - 01/22/12 11:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Shameless Self Promotion... [Re: Mick Emery]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Mickster, I am playing your tunes as we spea ... er .. I type!

Is there anymore to it than just playing the songs?
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#147821 - 01/22/12 12:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Shameless Self Promotion... [Re: Robh]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
The rating on Reverbnation is nonsense. I've been #23 in my town of 1,500 for years, and there are only three musicians here with CDs.
BIAB 2017 Audiophile. Software includes SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, & Encore on Windows 10 64-bit. Hardware includes custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20, TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch.

#147822 - 01/22/12 12:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Shameless Self Promotion... [Re: Robh]
Mick Emery Offline
Expert

I know that "plays" count as do "visits".
"Fanning" requires you to create an account. Not hard to do, but why would someone bother unless they wanted a page?
I think you can "like" or "share" on FB or twitter. (I think you can also "follow")

Like I said, I'm not quite sure how all this works. Don't even know how helpful it is in promoting or gigging, but I imagine it can't hurt.

Thanks for taking the time!

Mick

#147823 - 01/22/12 12:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: Shameless Self Promotion... [Re: Mick Emery]
Mick Emery Offline
Expert

Quote:

The rating on Reverbnation is nonsense. I've been #23 in my town of 1,500 for years, and there are only three musicians here with CDs.

Matt...I wouldn't have guessed you to be more than 1100 years old! LOL!
From what I can see, if there are a limited # in your area, they bring in acts from adjoining areas. River Knot, for instance is from Hagerstown. (50 miles away) The closest REAL city to where I live.

#147824 - 01/22/12 06:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: Shameless Self Promotion... [Re: Mick Emery]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Hi Mick,
Great site! I love your music!

“There You Are” is my favorite, followed by “Back in my Arms Again” and “Moonlight”. What are you using for your sax sounds?

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#147825 - 01/22/12 11:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Shameless Self Promotion... [Re: MarioD]
Mick Emery Offline
Expert

Hi Mario. Thanks for checking it out.
All of the saxes used are from the VL70m (physical modeling synth)with Matt's turbo chip.

Mick

#147826 - 01/22/12 11:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Shameless Self Promotion... [Re: Mick Emery]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
ps the "Matt" just referenced here is not me.

As it happens, I do have a WX5 with a VL70 and I also swapped out the stock chip for the Patchman Turbo chip.
BIAB 2017 Audiophile. Software includes SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, & Encore on Windows 10 64-bit. Hardware includes custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20, TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch.

#147827 - 01/23/12 12:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Shameless Self Promotion... [Re: Matt Finley]
Mick Emery Offline
Expert

There's more than one??? LOL!!
(I was confident that Mario knew which one...)

#147828 - 01/23/12 11:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Shameless Self Promotion... [Re: Mick Emery]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

I am there now and clicked play all Mick ,I was already a fan .

#147829 - 01/23/12 02:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: Shameless Self Promotion... [Re: Tommyc]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Hi Mick,

I am listening to your songs (as usual, I like what I hear). I also became a fan, since I already have a ReverbNation account.

Good luck!

Steve

#147830 - 01/23/12 07:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Shameless Self Promotion... [Re: Steve Young]
Mick Emery Offline
Expert

Thanks to all for taking the time. I'm back at #1!!! (#2 in Hagerstown area)
I know...big fish - small pond. But it's MY pond! LOL!!

#147831 - 01/24/12 08:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Shameless Self Promotion... [Re: Mick Emery]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Just dropped by and clicked play all again this morning ! Good luck with your pond !

#147832 - 01/26/12 11:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Shameless Self Promotion... [Re: Tommyc]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
IF it's set up fairly; clicking Play everyday will have much less weight than a new listener. Otherwise a guy could just play his own stuff over and over again. I would guess the IP address is used to determine new listeners.

Enjoy ruling your pond.
Then venture upstream into the nearest lake..
and have fun doing it.

#147833 - 01/28/12 08:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: Shameless Self Promotion... [Re: rharv]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Someone on RN fans and un-fans me every day ,maybe that's a way to raise your rating .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Announcing the Winners of the Xtra Styles Song Contest!

We've enjoyed listening to all of the songs submitted for our Xtra Styles Song contest - thank you to everyone who entered!

The winners are:

Americana:
Captain Arnold's Liquer Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Rob4580
Xtra Style used: _SECLUDE.STY 
Original Forum Post

The Music of Life Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Jon Thomas
Xtra Style used: _HARPING.STY
Original Forum Post

Jazz:
In a Latin Mood Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: MusicStudent
Xtra Style used: _BOSSOUL.STY
Original Forum Post

Rock-Pop
Great White Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Buford
Xtra Style used: _BIGWAVE.STY
Original Forum Post

Congratulations!

The Complete List of Xtra Styles Song Contest Entries

Listen to all of the songs submitted for the Xtra Styles Song Contest! We have organized the entries by category, listing alphabetically by song title - Click here to view the list.

Band-in-a-Box® User Feedback - Thank You!

Take a look at some of the recent feedback we've received from program users just like you:

"I started using Band-in-a-Box October 2016 . It's been money very well spent. I'm now nearing the finish of my first All Originals Cd. I let a local musician hear some of the songs and he was amazed at the quality. Guys it takes time and effort to learn but its worth it 100%!"
-John S.

"Amazing RealTracks I have used these on 30 or more songs! Some even used complex chords that amazed me how well the Banjo still worked. Unbelievable Software! All the backup band you will ever need no matter what your skill level!"
-Tom C.

"Like lots of others I use it all the time, putting in the chords of a tune, choosing the right style and tempo is a godsend, I'm a jazz musician and playing tunes and improvising with chords in front of you is brilliant, less than an hour ago I was playing my tenor sax along with my Band-in-a-Box backing band."
-Barrie M.

"I love Band-in-a-Box! I use it every day to practice, compose, and teach guitar lessons. Keep up the great work, PG!"
-Brian P.

"A Great business....a great program and a fantastic way to easily create your own songs....or backing tracks to play along with.....a program that everyone should get...."
-Leonard A.

"Band-in-a-Box has been one of my favorite programs since it first came out. Wonderful concept, very well executed."
-Doug S.

"Amazing Software. Use it all the time. Makes very convincing backing tracks!!!"
-Paul P.

Thank you everyone!

Let us know what you think! Post a review on our Band-in-a-Box Comments page, visit our Facebook page, or contact us directly.

User Article - How I Write and Produce Songs with Band-in-a-Box®

Listen to the SoundCloud account for forum user Buford, and you'll see that has written and uploaded more than 20 songs!

Want to know his secret? Check out his recent blog post: How I Write and Produce Songs with Band-in-a-Box, which he was nice enough to share to our Songwriting Forum - Thanks Bob!

Another Great YouTube Find - Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2

Troy Brenningmeyer uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks in his latest tutorial video, Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2 - 7th Extensions:

Video: Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2 - 7th Extensions

Another great example of how you can use your Band-in-a-Box creations in your own projects!

The Xtra Styles Song Contest has Ended - Over 50 Entries!

Thank you to everyone that submitted their entries in our Xtra Styles PAK 3 Contest!

We are listening to all the entries, and will be announcing the Winners on Monday, August 21st.

Good luck everyone!

YouTube Find - There Are No Bad Guitars

The latest video from EricBlackmonGuitar is a great demonstration of the different types of guitars out there, and how there really is no such thing as a bad guitar!

Video: Multi-Guitar Solo Review Of INEXPENSIVE GUITARS

Eric uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks in his tutorial videos... Just one of the many ways program users can incorporate their Band-in-a-Box songs into other projects!

Forum Stats
26316 Members
50 Forums
47145 Topics
383753 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
PartyLineLimo, vitamixlabs NY, jimbo9, Jim & Dave, aceluxurywine

26315 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 175
VideoTrack 150