You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#148877 - 01/30/12 11:01 AM Solo octaves
mrdg Offline

Loc: Huddersfield, England
Hi
I appreciate that I may be 'jumping the gun' as I have only had BIAB since the beginning of January, but I am trying to learn some things to get me going, rather than reading the whole Manual.
I have managed to write out a tune, and have had a solo done for the second time through. I would like to raise just the solo an octave. Is this possible, and is there a quick way to be able to do this?
David

#148878 - 01/30/12 03:20 PM Re: Solo octaves [Re: mrdg]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi David,

Welcome to the forums

You'll get a quicker response to future questions if you post it in the BIAB forum for Windows or Mac. The Tips and Tricks forum is about discoveries that users make that they want to share with the world.

To answer your question ...

If the solo is a Realtrack solo, it cannot be raised an octave since Realtracks are not musical notes; they are pre-recorded sections of performances.

If the solo is a midi solo, have a look at the image below.

Click on "Soloist" on the top menu then "Edit Solist Track" and then "Transpose Soloist Part". For an octave change, "12" will need adding to the top box in the dialogue box that appears. I cannot remember if it needs to be 12 or -12 (one is up an octave and the other is down an octave). If you try it out, it's easy to work out which one is needed.

Regards,
Noel

#148879 - 01/30/12 06:14 PM Re: Solo octaves [Re: Noel96]
mrdg Offline

Loc: Huddersfield, England
Hi Noel
Thanks for your help and advice, both with the question, and re the forum.
best Wishes
David

#148880 - 02/05/12 02:26 PM Re: Solo octaves [Re: mrdg]
John Conley Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, Ontario, Canada
With the notes on the screen try CTL ALT 1 and CTL ALT 2 ( press all 3 at the same time) Up an octave, down an octave. I do this all the time.

#148881 - 02/06/12 06:38 AM Re: Solo octaves [Re: John Conley]
Tommyc Offline
Expert

Always with the up and down and the doing this all the time, John! How do you keep it up?

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Video - Band-in-a-Box Popular Hot Keys

There are a number of hot keys for Band-in-a-Box that help save you time. Learn about the most popular hot keys here.

Video - Selecting the Best RealTracks for Your Band-in-a-Box Song

With over 2,000 RealTracks to choose from, how do you pick the best one? This video will show you how to quickly choose the best RealTracks for your Band-in-a-Box Song here.

DIGITech's TRIO Band Creator Wins Best of Show at NAMM

Congrat's to DIGITech. Their TRIO Band Creator pedal won Best of Show at NAMM.

Watch a video of the TRIO here: http://youtu.be/YxstoY_u5vc Look carefully between 0:28 - 0:31. Did you recognize the logo of another product? That's right! The Styles just happen to be by Band-in-a-Box!

Band-in-a-Box 2015 at the NAMM Show

Keyboard Magazine shows Tobin demonstrating Band-in-a-Box at the 2015 NAMM Show! Watch it here.

Share Your Band-in-a-Box Song with Soundcloud!

Did you know that there are are a number of ways to share your Band-in-a-Box song? Not only can you print out your song in notation, you have the option of saving in a variety of MIDI and audio formats for playback from your computer or an audio CD. You can even upload your arrangement to Dropbox and Soundcloud!

Make sure to post a link to your song on our User Showcase Forum!

Updated User Showcase Page!

Want to hear what people are creating with their Band-in-a-Box? Our User Showcase provides an excellent opportunity to listen to other peoples Band-in-a-Box creations!

RealTracks Artists Andy Leftwich, Blair Masters and Byron House - Album Release!

RealTracks Artists Andy Leftwich, Blair Masters and Byron House can all be heard on the new album "Long Way Home" by Singer/Songwriter Raquel Aurilia, being released on January 27th! Learn more about this album here.

Forum Stats
22655 Members
37 Forums
32261 Topics
257186 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 12:12 PM
Newest Members
Qrious, Devraj, rohit123, Thanasis, dilbertdad

22654 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pat Marr 241
VideoTrack 237