You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#148877 - 01/30/12 08:01 AM Solo octaves
mrdg Offline

Loc: Huddersfield, England
Hi
I appreciate that I may be 'jumping the gun' as I have only had BIAB since the beginning of January, but I am trying to learn some things to get me going, rather than reading the whole Manual.
I have managed to write out a tune, and have had a solo done for the second time through. I would like to raise just the solo an octave. Is this possible, and is there a quick way to be able to do this?
David

#148878 - 01/30/12 12:20 PM Re: Solo octaves [Re: mrdg]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi David,

Welcome to the forums

You'll get a quicker response to future questions if you post it in the BIAB forum for Windows or Mac. The Tips and Tricks forum is about discoveries that users make that they want to share with the world.

To answer your question ...

If the solo is a Realtrack solo, it cannot be raised an octave since Realtracks are not musical notes; they are pre-recorded sections of performances.

If the solo is a midi solo, have a look at the image below.

Click on "Soloist" on the top menu then "Edit Solist Track" and then "Transpose Soloist Part". For an octave change, "12" will need adding to the top box in the dialogue box that appears. I cannot remember if it needs to be 12 or -12 (one is up an octave and the other is down an octave). If you try it out, it's easy to work out which one is needed.

Regards,
Noel

#148879 - 01/30/12 03:14 PM Re: Solo octaves [Re: Noel96]
mrdg Offline

Loc: Huddersfield, England
Hi Noel
Thanks for your help and advice, both with the question, and re the forum.
best Wishes
David

#148880 - 02/05/12 11:26 AM Re: Solo octaves [Re: mrdg]
John Conley Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, Ontario, Canada
With the notes on the screen try CTL ALT 1 and CTL ALT 2 ( press all 3 at the same time) Up an octave, down an octave. I do this all the time.

#148881 - 02/06/12 03:38 AM Re: Solo octaves [Re: John Conley]
Tommyc Offline
Expert

Always with the up and down and the doing this all the time, John! How do you keep it up?

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows Patch Update Available

Do you own Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows? Make sure to download the latest patch update 384!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 German Patch for Windows

Existing Band-in-a-Box 2014 customers who'd like to use the German version can download the latest language patch here.

RealTracks Artist John Jorgenson - A Busy Man!

Interested in seeing RealTracks artist John Jorgenson perform? There's plenty of opportunities coming up! Take a look at his schedule: http://www.johnjorgenson.com/index.php/tour/

Stay in Touch on Facebook and Twitter!

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter and you'll be the first to know about specials, new releases, contests and other exciting PG Music Inc. announcements!

Band-in-a-Box Tutorials & How-To's!

Want to learn more about your Band-in-a-Box? Like how to make your own UserTracks or the steps for downloading and installing RealTracks? Head to our Tutorials & How-To's page!

Purchase Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box!

To get the most out of Band-in-a-Box, we offer a huge selection of add-ons, including RealTracks and RealDrums!

With additional sets of MIDI SuperTracks, Styles, Soloists, Melodists, Essential Phrases & Riffs, Fakebooks, Video Tutorials and more, the possibilities are endless...
Add-ons for Windows
Add-ons for Mac

YouTube Playlist - Other PG Music Inc. Products

For PG Music, Band-in-a-Box was just the beginning! Check out these other great products PG Music has to offer...
YouTube Playlist - Other PG Music Inc. Products

You can purchase these here:
Other Products - Windows
Other Products - Mac

Forum Stats
22432 Members
38 Forums
29429 Topics
233843 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
nopqrs551151, nopqrs420352, Craig John, Shoreton-Kerrley, PhotosyntheticMe