Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#149195 - 02/01/12 06:23 PM [User Showcase] FAWM 2012/ One Drop Of Blood=Gospel Ctry Rock
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
This is Song 1 of 14½ for the FAWM 2012 Songwriting Challenge. The Style is Country Rock With 12 String.

It is the instrument group loaded with the style, no changes. Songs will be done quickly to insure getting completed. After Fawm is over I will go back and work on any critiques. All tips and tricks are alway appreciated. It is all realtracks using BIAB 2012.

Bass=520 Elec Pop
Piano=690 B3 Organ Background
RD=Nashville Outlaw^10 SN ride
Gtr=1682 12 String Acoustic Fp
Strings=524 Acoustic Strum

One Drop Of Blood

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#149196 - 02/01/12 09:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: FAWM 2012/ One Drop Of Blood=Gospel Ctry Rock [Re: PgFantastic]
MitchC Offline
Journeyman

I get an error with IE9...maybe Reverbnation is down right now ?

#149197 - 02/02/12 01:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: FAWM 2012/ One Drop Of Blood=Gospel Ctry Rock [Re: MitchC]
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Nice! Even in it's "unpolished" state, it works quite well, which says a lot both for BiaB, the song and your singing.

The line "That's when I pointed to the cross..." is particularly nice in how it changes the rhythmic pattern.

The chorus works well, but I think a similar effect on the chorus on the line "One drop of blood/covered all my sin" to break the expected pattern would make it even more memorable.

On the second verse, "Satan will try" and "try to convince you" feel like a forced fit compared with the rest of the lyrics. Similarly, the break between "He seeks out" and "whom he may devour" sticks as being just a bit too unnatural.

This would be a great with a big gospel choir on the end chorus, especially if the choir was echoing the lyric, rather than singing with you. Maybe we'll get a "RealGospelChoir" in BiaB 2013?

Cutting the song at "Nothing but the blood of Jesus" would give a more dramatic ending.

The drums are too relentless for my taste. Obviously, working on builds and bringing things in and out (especially the drums). As you said, you just used the straight tracks, so there's lots of room for tweaks.

Thanks for posting!

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#149198 - 02/02/12 09:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: FAWM 2012/ One Drop Of Blood=Gospel Ctry Rock [Re: dcuny]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Thanks dcuny for the comments. As soon as Fawm is over I will give your tips a whirl, thanks! MitchC thanks for attempting to listen.

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#149199 - 02/02/12 09:41 PM [User Showcase] Died To Set Them Free/ Gospel Rock [Re: PgFantastic]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Here is song 2 in the FAWM Challenge. I forgot to write down the instruments, I will try to list them tomorrow. They are all real tracks from biab 2012.

Died To Set Them Free

#149200 - 02/03/12 05:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: Waitin' On The Shoe To Drop [Re: PgFantastic]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Song #3 of FAWM uses Real tracks.
Bass=701 Elec Pop half note ev 85
Gtr=365 Acoustic FP
RD= Nashville ev 8^5HIhat,ride
Gtr=362 Acoustic Strum

Waitin' On The Shoe To Drop

NOTE: Here are the realtracks I used for song 2 Died to set them Free, I forgot to add them before.

388 Bass
425 B3organ
Drums=Nashville ev 8^hihat0ride
499 Elec Rhy GTR
505 Elec Rhy

#149201 - 02/04/12 07:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Waitin' On The Shoe To Drop [Re: PgFantastic]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Robert is it that time again, you are a song writing machine! Looks like you will make it in plenty of time this year. Love One Drop of Blood, that's as far as I have made it today back soon. Hope you have a BLESSED day !

#149202 - 02/04/12 02:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Waitin' On The Shoe To Drop [Re: Tommyc]
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
As noted, you're on a tear.

"Died to Set Them Free" is a straight ahead rocker. I like how you dropped everything but the drums. The last time around, I was thinking "It was unique the first time... I needs something different now, like someone witnessing..." and lo and behold, ask and you shall receive.

My only comment is that it the "Alleluia" vocals seem a bit restrained. Yeah, you won't hear me say that very often about your songs.

"Waiting for the Shoe to Drop" is nicely done - classic setup, and I love how the lyrics are turned around. But - for me - "It's been a month this Sunday" after that build isn't enough. Given how you've set this up, and how insidious a problem drinking can be, I need something more than that to "sell" me that the singer can start preaching to me.

But dang... you're a songwriting machine!

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#149203 - 02/04/12 11:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: (Mom Still Takes My Temperature) The Old Fashion Way [Re: dcuny]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Here is song 4 in this years FAWM installment. I got the idea for the title from an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. The Instruments are

Bass 379 Elec Double Time
RD= Nashville Train EV16^1stksnr,stksnrR16
Gtr=Acoustic Strumming

(Mom Still Takes My Temperature) The Old Fashion Way

#149204 - 02/05/12 06:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: (Mom Still Takes My Temperature) The Old Fashion Way [Re: PgFantastic]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Ha I laughed my behind off Robert, very funny song! Thanks for sharing it was a real hoot ! Hope you have a BLESSED SUNDAY Robert !

#149205 - 02/05/12 10:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: (Mom Still Takes My Temperature) The Old Fashion Way [Re: Tommyc]
Skyline Offline
Veteran

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Robert, that's such a clever idea for a song - well put together and I really did laugh out loud! Well done!
BIAB 2017
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 3

#149206 - 02/05/12 12:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: (Mom Still Takes My Temperature) The Old Fashion Way [Re: Skyline]
Brallan Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Los Angeles, CA.
Very funny! Glad you decided to speak the lyric vs. singing... funnier.

I hope it's not a true story, but if so, I would recommend shopping online, rather than the mall.

Cheers! See you on FAWM.

#149207 - 02/05/12 06:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: (Mom Still Takes My Temperature) The Old Fashion Way [Re: Brallan]
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Robert,

You are a songwriting machine! Great job on these...

Bob

#149208 - 02/06/12 07:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: (Mom Still Takes My Temperature) The Old Fashion Way [Re: rsdean]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Thanks dcuny, Tommyc, Skyline, Brallan, rsdean for the feedback. I appreciate all of your feedback and suggestions. Thanks to all who have gave the songs a listen. Brallan loved the shopping on line comment, LOL.

My Music

#149209 - 02/06/12 11:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: FAWM 2012/ One Drop Of Blood=Gospel Ctry Rock [Re: PgFantastic]
Tano Music Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Charlotte, NC
I'm glad to learn about FAWM...I think I'm going to do it! Starting on 2/6 means I'll have a really short month!

#149210 - 02/06/12 08:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: FAWM 2012/ One Drop Of Blood=Gospel Ctry Rock [Re: Tano Music]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Join it is fun.

#149211 - 02/06/12 10:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: FAWM 2012/ One Drop Of Blood=Gospel Ctry Rock [Re: PgFantastic]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Robert,

God has surely blessed you with a gift! As has already been stated, you are a songwriting machine! I will have to do one of these challenges someday. I just don't think I could keep up with you! When do you sleep?

Keep it up!

Steve

#149212 - 02/07/12 07:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Supper Heros [Re: Steve Young]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Here is song 5 of Fawm. It is realtracks

Style is Ctryballad w pedal steel
bass=366
RD=Nashville ev 8^2 SS, Hihat
gtr=522 FP acoustic
gtr=405 Strum acoustic

Supper Heros

Thanks tano music and Steve Young for your comments.

#149213 - 02/08/12 10:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Am Free Gospel [Re: PgFantastic]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Here is song #6 for FAWM. The style used is 12STACS, The instruments are:

Bass=700 Bass Elec Pop Half Notes Push
Guitar 1=365 Acoustic FP
Guitar 2=1118 12 String Acoustic Strum
Piano=1690 Acoustic Piano
Strings=1543 Synth Pad Pop Believe

The vocal is a one take. All suggestions and comments are welcome. Thank you!

I Am Free

#149214 - 02/08/12 10:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Am Free Gospel [Re: PgFantastic]
Brallan Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Los Angeles, CA.
Very nice, Robert. Your voice is utterly convincing.

"Presence" is the word that comes to mind.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Video - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Have you purchased your Band-in-a-Box® package, and want to make sure you're downloading and installing the RealTracks Sets correctly?

Well, we've created just the tutorial video you're looking for! Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® - Downloading and Installing RealTracks Sets.

Video link:
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=QndXu8H_IwM

Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Get to Know the 202 NEW RealTracks Released with Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

We released 202 NEW RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2018! Learn more about these new RealTracks when you watch our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - 202 NEW RealTracks.

These new RealTracks (in Sets 278-300) are included in every Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - the Mac packages are on sale until June 30th!

Learn even more about the new RealTracks and listen to demos here.

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, we've introduced Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks. This video shows you the different ways you can use these versatile new RealTracks.

Video link: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=zkO-AtAPv4g

You can also listen to demos of RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocal Oohs & Aahs here.

This RealTracks Set is available for just $29, and is also included in RealPAK 14: Country, and the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, Audiophile, or 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade.

Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Special Pricing Until June 30th!

With the recent Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release, we also released Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends June 30th!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! Learn more.

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Forum Stats
27614 Members
50 Forums
52217 Topics
432170 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Cipher, BillyP, fleahead, Dolph, annzpdas01

27614 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 192
Noel96 170