V
voxbox Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
V
Hello,

I installed RealBand 2016 (7) patch.

I am pleased to announce that the patch has fixed the issues that I reported via email.

Thank you Andrew and the PG software / test team for your efforts.

Now I am ready for some Memorial Day weekend music fun. And of course a hamburger or 2.

smile smile

Last edited by voxbox; 05/26/16 02:43 PM.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Me too.

Good job so far.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Patch works great to me too! Nice logo!

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
I still have random crashes when using ASIO drivers on my Focusrite interface. I DID bite on a bullet while upgrading to Windows 7 and have my song data all on a second drive. There is little on that computer outside of the OS and BIAB. (Chrome and Adobe Audition.) I crash when I stop the transport. In 70 minutes of work last night I crashed 5 times. Each time I crashed I lost some wave editing and had to do it all over. When you make an edit, play it to test it, and crash, there is no place in there to save that edit unless I save it before I listen to it, and why would I do that?

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
RealBand
V
voxbox Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
V
Hi,

I loaded a style into Realband and then recorded some tracks. So far I have not had any issues.

I am using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 USB audio interface with the ASIO Focusrite driver.

I am using the BIAB EverytingPak on the supplied USB external hard drive.

From your post you upgraded to Windows 7. I am assuming from XP?

What are your computer specs?

CHEERS!

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
My computer runs an i5 processor with 8gb or RAM, ATI 1gb graphics card, 10,000 RPM hard drives, Focusrite 2i4. It has a D-Link NIC in it that is disabled when I am doing music to avoid data bus traffic interference. I don't need CPU cycles sapped by Gmail polling when I an trying to work.

It's a hand built computer, as I know I build a better computer with quality parts I buy myself rather than the stuff Dell uses that was all supplied by the lowest bidder. It has run like a top with very few issues until I installed 2016. The rest of my computers ARE Dells, but that is just because they are so cheap I preferred to not waste my time and money building a computer just to surf. Note that there were no issues with XP running RB 2013 and 2014. Only when I installed 2016 did I start having problems. The upgrade to Win7 has not done a thing for me, though it was probably well past time to do it. I just hate the prep time that goes into it. Moving files, listing what apps I need to reinstall.... in this case all I lost in the format was stuff that I was keeping for convenience, like drivers I can always download again if I need them. The only apps are Chrome (I hate MSIE) and Adobe Audition (much easier to convert WAV to high sample rate MP3s. since RB doesn't allow conversion 320 MP3s without downloading external codecs and such). The problem is simply NOT my computer.

Remember, after the WIn7 install I also had to do a fresh install of RB/BIAB (I have never used BIAB, just FYI) so now everything is clean installs. And still, at random times, when I stop the transport I crash.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Eddie,
Do you have both the latest RB patch and BiaB patch installed?

I noticed you said you never use BiaB, but the 2 programs are closely intertwined, so thought I'd ask. Maybe updating BiaB will help RB.

I seem to remember a Transport Control issue being revolved in one of the updates recently ..

Last edited by rharv; 05/29/16 09:53 AM.

rharv #351886 05/29/16 01:54 PM
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Of course I am up to date. Nerds do that sort of thing.

I don't use BIAB. Never once have. But that doesn't mean it isn't installed and up to date.

Very soon I am going to take my angle grinder and cut this hard drive in half and just admit this was a waste of $300. This is ridiculous that I have to dance like this. I expect software to work EVERY TIME, on every computer, exactly the same. As I keep saying while sounding like an annoying PITA, I have yet to need to "reset" Windows, Office, Chrome, Audition.... they work the same for everybody. The support has really gone downhill since PG has gotten so big. Back when I had the issue with using multiple MOTU interfaces, they actually did a remote session to my computer and worked with me. Now it takes 8-10 days to get responses to emails, and all the emails do is put me off, telling me to do newbie level nonsense rather than them fixing their problem. When we fought the problem with the MOTUs, after everybody and their brother giving me cliche nonsense about drivers and stuff that people who really don't know computers say because they have heard those buzzwords, it ended up being their problem as I said from day 1.

I am not the R&D department for PG Music. They need to fix their problems, not me. I am a paying customer. I am not going to spend my time downloading drivers when my drivers are current. They always are. I am not going to defrag my hard drive. I am not going to get into sound card debates.

Everything worked PERFECTLY with 2014. And nothing changed on my computer. I spend 5 hours updating to Windows 7 because PG suggested it. I have the SAME issue I had with XP. This is ridiculous. 5 restarts in 70 minutes last night. Much of that time redoing what I was not given the chance to save because it crashed. This has me at a point where I don't even want to work on music anymore.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Well if everything worked perfectly with 2014 and the latest real tracks show up in list, I'd be tempted to revert back to 14 again,considering the probs you are having Eddie.

Musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
Now it takes 8-10 days to get responses to emails, and all the emails do is put me off, telling me to do newbie level nonsense

FWIW, I'd try Chat over email. You get someone's attention right then, and possibly a remote session (as mentioned).

Also, weird experience tonight; I unplugged the mouse on my main system to use on a laptop (VERY stable W7 Professional OS on said main system)
Never ever had it BSOD before, but when I plugged the mouse back in the whole thing crashed to blue screen and rebooted .. turned out OK, but apparently not ALL software is perfect all the time.

Last edited by rharv; 05/30/16 05:13 PM.

rharv #352734 06/04/16 10:22 AM
RealBand
D
dga Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
Originally Posted By: rharv
Quote:
Now it takes 8-10 days to get responses to emails, and all the emails do is put me off, telling me to do newbie level nonsense

FWIW, I'd try Chat over email. You get someone's attention right then, and possibly a remote session (as mentioned).

Also, weird experience tonight; I unplugged the mouse on my main system to use on a laptop (VERY stable W7 Professional OS on said main system)
Never ever had it BSOD before, but when I plugged the mouse back in the whole thing crashed to blue screen and rebooted .. turned out OK, but apparently not ALL software is perfect all the time.

Time of day, day of week matters when trying to get remote control support from PG. If I need help I call on the telephone. When remote control is the solution Wednesday early in the support work day works best for me. I realize the time is a problem for some, I'm lucky its 2pm eastern time for me.

Rharv how does a wireless mouse interfere with a system, I have both a wireless mouse and keyboard. Installed because the wire on both devices were too short to position my desktop under the work surface.

"When you help somebody else you are really helping yourself"
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
It wasn't a wireless mouse, just USB (hard wire), and I have no idea why it crashed my OS .. I just unplugged it, used it on another system and plugged it back in .. and crashed. Hard.
BSOD type message appeared, but it rebooted fine.

I was quite surprised. This particular system has been rock solid for years, but sometimes stuff happens I guess.

rharv #352784 06/04/16 02:56 PM
RealBand
D
dga Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
I misread your post sorry

"When you help somebody else you are really helping yourself"
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,546
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199