You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#149805 - 02/06/12 07:36 PM Is This Real?
Glenn Kolot Offline
Veteran

Loc: Victoria BC home of PG Music
Received the link from someone who said it was Little Richard.

Richard Wayne Penniman (aka Little Richard) about fifteen years before "Tutti Frutti, Oh, Rudy...."
A-whop bop-a-lu bop a-whop bam boom.

Here is some very rare footage of "Little Richard" as a child, when he was just starting out in the music biz' ... from a movie with Van Johnson ...

http://www.wimp.com/oldschool

Glenn

#149806 - 02/06/12 07:46 PM Re: Is This Real? [Re: Glenn Kolot]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Loc: WV, USA
I'd say that probably is Lil' Richard as a chile'.

Very cool clip indeed.

#149807 - 02/06/12 08:32 PM Re: Is This Real? [Re: bobcflatpicker]
carkins Offline
Journeyman

Sorry but not Little Richard.

According to the Wiki for the film listed below it it's a child prodigy named Frank Isaac Robinson (born 28 December 1938),[1] known in his early career as a musician as Sugar Chile Robinson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_Chile_Robinson

Still, an amazing video.
Thanks for sharing.
Carkins

#149808 - 02/06/12 08:42 PM Re: Is This Real? [Re: carkins]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Loc: WV, USA
Carkins,

I didn't bother checking the Wiki link, but at least I got the "chile" part right. (Sugar Chile Robinson).

One thing's for sure, ...... one cool kid!

#149809 - 02/06/12 09:12 PM Re: Is This Real? [Re: bobcflatpicker]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Yes, that is Frank SugarChile Robinson.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#149810 - 02/06/12 11:00 PM Re: Is This Real? [Re: Mac]
John Conley Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, Ontario, Canada
I never knew him. Still don't. Doesn't mean it's not cool. He is however little.

But Glen asked a question. I think it must be real. In that sense.

#149811 - 02/07/12 12:25 AM Re: Is This Real? [Re: John Conley]
Glenn Kolot Offline
Veteran

Loc: Victoria BC home of PG Music
I guess my real question was, "is this Little Richard"? I watched the clip carefully, and the kid was hitting the right keys at the right time, so it was either real or Hollywood did a fantastic job of syncing. I concluded the playing was real.

The answer to who was playing was provided by Carkin's link. The kid was for real, but it is not Little Richard.

Glenn

#149812 - 02/07/12 10:36 AM Re: Is This Real? [Re: Glenn Kolot]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
It is a good example of the old "black key pianist" style that I've talked about from time to time.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® and RealBand 2017 for Windows are here with over 80 NEW features and enhancements, 202 NEW RealTracks, 34 MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, 24 available "Bonus" RealTracks (during the December special), and more!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows has over 80 exciting new features and enhancements! The main screen GUI has been redesigned with many requested improvements, including a new, smaller footprint, configurable toolbars, and more. RealTracks sound better than ever with improved stretching and transposition quality (Elastique 3), better phrase transitions, and Natural Arrangements. We have added new "Woodshedding" RealTracks called 12-Key Guitar RealTracks from Brent Mason played in 12 keys with Hi-Q (precise) Tab/Notation which is ideal for studying and learning. There are many RealDrums enhancements including Half/Double/Triple time, Multiple Drum/Percussion/Loops on one drum track, and more. There is a dedicated Song Titles Browser with metadata info on over 8,000 popular songs. UserTracks enhancements include Half/Double/Triple time, rests, 3/4 waltz support, and more. We've added a new VST Synthesizer (sforzando SFZ Synth) with support for the popular .SFZ sound format, as well as PG Music's Hi-Q sounds, and more! Click here to read about all the new features!

Plus, Until December 31st, 2016, SAVE on most upgrade packages and receive a Free Bonus PAK of Add-ons that includes 4 MIDI SuperTracks & 4 Instrumental Studies! Or upgrade to the 49-PAK and get ALL 24 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 30 MIDI SuperTracks, 18 Instrumental Studies, and 59 re-discovered RealStyles & MIDI SuperTracks! Learn More...

To find the Upgrade package right for you, visit www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Watch the new features video...

NEW! Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand!

Ever wanted to learn how to play Celtic Guitar from a pro? Try out our just-released program, the Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand!

If you're familiar with Band-in-a-Box & RealTracks, you may have already heard Quinn playing along with your song - his contributions include the Celtic guitar, Bodhran, Irish Bouzouki, and banjo.

Click here to watch the Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series [Trailer]!

Band-in-a-Box® for Beginner's - New Forum!

New to Band-in-a-Box® ? We've created a Beginner's Forum that's the perfect place to post resources ideal for those starting with Band-in-a-Box®.

If you're not new to Band-in-a-Box®, that doesn't mean you can't join in the action! Pop over to the new forum to join in the discussion & share your knowledge too!

#MusicMonday - Listen to All These Great Songs!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® Radio page... there are hours of songs to listen to - all shared with us by our Forum Members!

Like what you hear? Each song playing includes a link to the original forum post, so you can leave a comment if you'd like! Found an artist you want to hear more from? There is also an option to visit the Artist SoundCloud page!

Get the Most Out of Band-in-a-Box® with Add-ons!

Get the Most Out of Band-in-a-Box® with Add-ons!

We offer a huge selection of Add-ons to help you get the most out of Band-in-a-Box®!

On top of RealTracks & RealDrums, we offer sets of MIDI SuperTracks, MIDI Styles, MIID Soloists, MIDI Melodists, MIDI Essential Phrases & Riffs, MIDI Fakebooks, Video Tutorials, and more!

Choose your OS to learn about all the Add-ons available:
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Add-ons
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac Add-ons

Not sure if what Add-ons you already have? Within Band-in-a-Box®, choose Help | What Add-ons do I have? - there you'll see a list of what is installed already!

The "I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube" Forum is a HIT!

If you've been watching videos on YouTube and come across one that had music from Band-in-a-Box (or a Band-in-a-Box tutorial), we now have a Forum you can share this too!

The new "I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube" Forum is a great place to see, hear and help to publicize how Band-in-a-Box is used on YouTube and other sites (tutorials, backing tracks, etc.).

This special forum was created in September 2016, and since then more than 30 videos have already been shared! Have a look here.

Happy Thanksgiving from PG Music!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our American customers & friends - we hope that everyone enjoys the holiday!

Forum Stats
25455 Members
46 Forums
42499 Topics
343076 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
HarmoChopin, UdoBS, estevenson411, hugbow, PepWa106

25454 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 431
PeterGannon 354