You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#149997 - 02/08/12 10:36 PM Korg PS 60
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Does anyone own one of these and will it work with Biab?

Demo Video of some of the patches.

Is this a synth for a "live" band, or can I use it to playback also with Biab/RB etc? Some have stated it is for live play vs a workstation etc?

Thanks,

Trax

#149998 - 02/09/12 01:07 AM Re: Korg PS 60 [Re: Muzic Trax]
ROG Offline
Expert

Loc: York, England
It connects via USB and comes with bundled software to allow editing. It appears as a VSTi plugin, so should work ok with any midi tracks.

ROG.

#149999 - 02/09/12 04:42 AM Re: Korg PS 60 [Re: ROG]
John Conley Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, Ontario, Canada
I got one. My new goto gizmo. Very very light. I don't usb it, I just plug it into my Bose Mixer and there you go.

To me the pianos are not the best. But that's me, and I heed my own advice. That, no matter how crappy, if it sounds decent, your Mom will think it's totally awesome, and others are going to say, yup that's a piano.

Carnegie hall does not await me, so "what, me worry?"

I don't know if I feet that I must plug the usb cable in, I just never have.

Ps. If you have 1/2 you brain cells left, please buy one. I want to know how to make the darn pedal settings stick after it's powered off for a day or so. And I'd like a button for dummies to make it work again. Despite all my efforts, I'm arriving 1/2 hour early just to be sure I can set the darn thing. And it's me. Just too much chemo I guess, which turned out to be preferable to the alternative. Singular.

Eh bien.

I love being able to quick layer sounds, the horn section for stabs, but power it up with organ strings horns and synth the latter has really nice bass presence when added to the mix.

It would be nice if some company would put the synths in a row with all of them through the right amps, but most companies make 90 percent of their profit on throw away guitars and amps, because everyone wants to front a band with a guitar. Not one 10 year old in 100 would walk up to a display with drums, guitars and keyboards and even want to touch the thing.

That rant over.

Would you like a nice picture of it? LOL.

I tried my daughters old ipad but could not get the net. My wife asks, 'what are you doing with etch-a-sketch.' Geez.

As I said yesterday, "I'm having fun, when I'm not, you won't see me."

#150000 - 02/09/12 04:36 PM Re: Korg PS 60 [Re: Muzic Trax]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Quote:

Does anyone own one of these and will it work with Biab?

Depends on you're definition of "work". Any synth will work with Biab even if all it does is emulate the Tibetan Monk chants. You can load Monk #1 into the Guitar track, Monk #2 in the Bass track, etc. Therefore, it "works" with Biab. I'm assuming you're talking about the regular instruments. I would say almost certainly it has all of those. Next question is does it have a GM soundbank? Again, I would say almost certainly. If it has a GM soundbank then you simply put it in GM mode, set Biab to send a "GM on" message (the default, I think) and hook it up to your computer, if you use USB then the Korg itself should show up so you select the Korg in Biab's midi window and that's it, it will play just as easily as any other GM synth you may have. If you plug the Korg into a midi interface then it's the interface that shows up in the midi device select window.

Bob

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Troy Brenningmeyer - Lap Steel Lessons with Band-in-a-Box Backing Tracks!

If you're interested in a Lap Steel lesson, watch Troy Brenningmeyer's video, which features Band-in-a-Box backing tracks! http://youtu.be/kVuG_F3qCuY

Video - Band-in-a-Box Chord Shortcuts

Did you know that there are a few different ways you can enter your chords into Band-in-a-Box?
Watch this video to learn how to enter chords in Band-in-a-Box by typing easy shortcuts, or your own custom made shortcuts: http://youtu.be/dIwQLuveO3c.

Eric Blackmon - How To Play Your Very First BLUES GUITAR SOLO Lesson

Eric Blackmon teaches you how to play your first blues guitar solo, and he uses Band-in-a-Box for his backing tracks!
Watch the YouTube video for this lesson here.

Video - Making UserTracks with Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Mac

Did you know that with Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Mac you can make your own UserTracks? Want to see how easy it is? Watch the video on making your own UserTracks here.

Contacting PG Music Inc. is EASY!

Wondering which package to purchase? Maybe you want to upgrade and need to know more about your own purchase history? Looking for technical support for Band-in-a-Box (or any other PG Music software)? We're here 7 days a week to help! Simply call us, use the Live Help feature on our website or send us an email - we're happy to help!

For contact information, head to: http://www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

MIDI SuperTracks for Band-in-a-Box

Looking for a Band-in-a-Box Add-on with the editing and control capabilities of regular MIDI tracks, but with the added bonus of incredibly good MIDI sounds? MIDI SuperTracks is the answer!

Learn more about MIDI SuperTracks and listen to audio demos:
MIDI SuperTracks for Mac
MIDI SuperTracks for Windows

RealTracks Artist Kenny Barron - Upcoming Shows!

Kenny Barron has a few shows coming up in August! If you're interested in one of his shows, visit: http://kennybarron.com/itinerary/

He'll be in France, Rockport, and New York!

Forum Stats
22489 Members
38 Forums
29533 Topics
234890 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
pqrstu052791, jim57, bondoking, rsmith2904, RubertoBrito

22487 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
dani48 101
Guitarhacker 88