You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#149997 - 02/09/12 01:36 AM Korg PS 60
Muzic Trax Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Does anyone own one of these and will it work with Biab?

Demo Video of some of the patches.

Is this a synth for a "live" band, or can I use it to playback also with Biab/RB etc? Some have stated it is for live play vs a workstation etc?

Thanks,

Trax

#149998 - 02/09/12 04:07 AM Re: Korg PS 60 [Re: Muzic Trax]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
It connects via USB and comes with bundled software to allow editing. It appears as a VSTi plugin, so should work ok with any midi tracks.

ROG.

#149999 - 02/09/12 07:42 AM Re: Korg PS 60 [Re: ROG]
John Conley Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, Ontario, Canada
I got one. My new goto gizmo. Very very light. I don't usb it, I just plug it into my Bose Mixer and there you go.

To me the pianos are not the best. But that's me, and I heed my own advice. That, no matter how crappy, if it sounds decent, your Mom will think it's totally awesome, and others are going to say, yup that's a piano.

Carnegie hall does not await me, so "what, me worry?"

I don't know if I feet that I must plug the usb cable in, I just never have.

Ps. If you have 1/2 you brain cells left, please buy one. I want to know how to make the darn pedal settings stick after it's powered off for a day or so. And I'd like a button for dummies to make it work again. Despite all my efforts, I'm arriving 1/2 hour early just to be sure I can set the darn thing. And it's me. Just too much chemo I guess, which turned out to be preferable to the alternative. Singular.

Eh bien.

I love being able to quick layer sounds, the horn section for stabs, but power it up with organ strings horns and synth the latter has really nice bass presence when added to the mix.

It would be nice if some company would put the synths in a row with all of them through the right amps, but most companies make 90 percent of their profit on throw away guitars and amps, because everyone wants to front a band with a guitar. Not one 10 year old in 100 would walk up to a display with drums, guitars and keyboards and even want to touch the thing.

That rant over.

Would you like a nice picture of it? LOL.

I tried my daughters old ipad but could not get the net. My wife asks, 'what are you doing with etch-a-sketch.' Geez.

As I said yesterday, "I'm having fun, when I'm not, you won't see me."

#150000 - 02/09/12 07:36 PM Re: Korg PS 60 [Re: Muzic Trax]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Quote:

Does anyone own one of these and will it work with Biab?

Depends on you're definition of "work". Any synth will work with Biab even if all it does is emulate the Tibetan Monk chants. You can load Monk #1 into the Guitar track, Monk #2 in the Bass track, etc. Therefore, it "works" with Biab. I'm assuming you're talking about the regular instruments. I would say almost certainly it has all of those. Next question is does it have a GM soundbank? Again, I would say almost certainly. If it has a GM soundbank then you simply put it in GM mode, set Biab to send a "GM on" message (the default, I think) and hook it up to your computer, if you use USB then the Korg itself should show up so you select the Korg in Biab's midi window and that's it, it will play just as easily as any other GM synth you may have. If you plug the Korg into a midi interface then it's the interface that shows up in the midi device select window.

Bob

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® for Beginner's - New Forum!

New to Band-in-a-Box® ? We've created a Beginner's Forum that's the perfect place to post resources ideal for those starting with Band-in-a-Box®.

If you're not new to Band-in-a-Box®, that doesn't mean you can't join in the action! Pop over to the new forum to join in the discussion & share your knowledge too!

#MusicMonday - Listen to All These Great Songs!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® Radio page... there are hours of songs to listen to - all shared with us by our Forum Members!

Like what you hear? Each song playing includes a link to the original forum post, so you can leave a comment if you'd like! Found an artist you want to hear more from? There is also an option to visit the Artist SoundCloud page!

Get the Most Out of Band-in-a-Box® with Add-ons!

Get the Most Out of Band-in-a-Box® with Add-ons!

We offer a huge selection of Add-ons to help you get the most out of Band-in-a-Box®!

On top of RealTracks & RealDrums, we offer sets of MIDI SuperTracks, MIDI Styles, MIID Soloists, MIDI Melodists, MIDI Essential Phrases & Riffs, MIDI Fakebooks, Video Tutorials, and more!

Choose your OS to learn about all the Add-ons available:
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Add-ons
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac Add-ons

Not sure if what Add-ons you already have? Within Band-in-a-Box®, choose Help | What Add-ons do I have? - there you'll see a list of what is installed already!

The "I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube" Forum is a HIT!

If you've been watching videos on YouTube and come across one that had music from Band-in-a-Box (or a Band-in-a-Box tutorial), we now have a Forum you can share this too!

The new "I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube" Forum is a great place to see, hear and help to publicize how Band-in-a-Box is used on YouTube and other sites (tutorials, backing tracks, etc.).

This special forum was created in September 2016, and since then more than 30 videos have already been shared! Have a look here.

Happy Thanksgiving from PG Music!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our American customers & friends - we hope that everyone enjoys the holiday!

Generate Vocals Using Sinsy!

A new feature added with Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac was the feature to hear Band-in-a-Box® singing, with built-in support for the popular online vocal synth "Sinsy."

Tobin explains this feature within our Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac New Features video, here.

Have you added Sinsy vocals to your Band-in-a-Box® song yet?

Shared UserTracks - Accordion, RhythmWithBass IrishJig Sw 120

Forum User "Icelander" has embraced the UserTracks feature in Band-in-a-Box®, and shared his latest creation earlier this week - Accordion, RhythmWithBass IrishJig Sw 120!

This can be reviewed and downloaded here.

Icelander has described this UserTrack as:
A rich sounding accordion playing a bouncy rhythm reminiscent of the Irish "Jig", including a steady "walking" bass line to complete a full-fledged backing instrumentation. it can thus stand easily on its own as well as alongside other swinging instruments, jig or otherwise.===Over an HOUR of playing data, in uncompressed .wav files for approx. 400 Mb in size!

Forum Stats
25439 Members
46 Forums
42405 Topics
342249 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
cookjohnson1, Magic Smile, joeuncool, muncrief, TerryK

25439 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 411
PeterGannon 320