You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
#148546 - 01/28/12 04:06 AM Audio Sync Problem
soulagent Offline

I have Realband 2012 with Win7. I generate 3 realtracks all ok. I record a 4th Guitar track thru my Roland UA-30 USB Audio Interface. Records ok. When I go to play back, the recorded Guitar track is lagging the other 3 tracks. I have changed the midi & audio latency settings forever but cant get it to sync. Any ideas?

#148547 - 01/28/12 09:57 AM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: soulagent]
silvertones Offline

This is very odd BUT.........
My stuff is torn down at the moment. House cleaning time.
I usually do all my recording with my XP laptop. The other day I wanted to do a quick little bass part so thought I'd use my Win7 x 64 laptop that was hooked up to the mixer at the time. I couldn't seem to get that bass part to play tight to the other tracks. Thought it was me. Might not be now that you bring this up. When I get set back up I'll give it a go. I use a PCMCIA card. Audidgy2ZS notebook with KX drivers. The only difference between the 2 setups is the drivers for the card are different versions.
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"

#148548 - 02/10/12 06:37 PM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: silvertones]
rharv Offline

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Are you using ASIO or MME audio drivers?
Try the other one ...
Make your sound your own!

#148549 - 02/11/12 08:59 AM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: rharv]
Pat Marr Online   content

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
smaller buffer size reduces latency doesn't it?

#148550 - 02/12/12 02:12 PM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: Pat Marr]
ROG Online   content

Loc: York, England
You're always going to get some time lag between realtracks and live recordings, even with buffer sizes as low as possible. The MIDI/latency settings won't help. It's most noticeable when there's only one live track playing against several realtracks - as you build up more live tracks the natural variation in timing masks the effect.

If you've got a problem with one track, you can always got to the start of the track and open the audio edit window. You can then see how late the track is. If you highlight the gap and go to CUT and check the CLOSE GAP box, the audio will slide into place alongside the realtracks.

It's a bit tedious, but it works.

#148551 - 02/12/12 09:29 PM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: ROG]
eddie1261 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
I get it when I add vocals (and I do them dead least every time) and have NO idea how to stop it. Didn't happen before I put in 12.0

Please check out and consider backing my CD via Kickstarter.

#148552 - 02/13/12 08:37 AM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: eddie1261]
silvertones Offline

Just tried it again. Twas' me. Dead on as far as I can tell. I did a bit of "Good Hearted Woman". Strong 1-5 bass part and very strong kick.The newly recorded bass part lined up very well with the pre recorded kick that was originally a midi part. So.......
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"

PG Music News
Congratulations RealTracks Artist Paul Franklin - CMA Award Nominee!

RealTracks Artist Paul Franklin (Pedal Steel) has been nominated for the CMA Musician of the Year Award!

We will find out on November 4th! More info...

Paul Franklin's RealTracks can be found in Sets 132, 149 & 182 - listen to demos of these here.

#TipTuesday - Save a Track As a "Performance File"

Did you know... If you save a track as a "Performance File," you can send it your friend, who will be able to play it without needing to have the RealTracks installed.

To save the track, right-click on the instrument button and select "Save Track as Performance File."

Band-in-a-Box for Windows - Fretlight Support!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 and higher for Windows work with the Fretlight Guitar!

Using the program with this light-up guitar is really easy - just connect the guitar to your computer via USB before you open Band-in-a-Box.

Watch this Video to learn more...

Have you created a song using Band-in-a-Box, RealBand or PowerTracks Pro Audio?

Make sure you join our Forum and share your original tune on the User Showcase Forum! While you're there, listen to songs created by other forum members, and offer your feedback!

RealTracks Artist Trevor Hutchinson Performs Oct 7th!

RealTracks Artist Trevor Hutchinson shares the stage with Dermot Byrne and Steve Cooney at Whelan's on Wednesday, October 7th!

A Traditional Irish musical performance in Ireland? If I could be there, I would! So, if you're in the area you should check them out!

Learn more about the event here.

To read about Trevor and listen to demos of his RealTracks, visit his RealTracks Artist Bio page.

As always, if you've created a song that uses Trevor's RealTracks (from Sets 104 & 123), feel free to share them on our User Showcase Forum.

Save Your Song as a Video with Band-in-a-Box 2015

One of the ways to save your song with Band-in-a-Box 2015 is to save it as a video and upload it to YouTube!

See how this is done:

Have you saved your song as a video? Share it here!

#TBT - Dare-to-Compare Cassette!

Remember when you couldn't download audio files, CD's didn't exist and YouTube wasn't an option? How else could we offer a Dare-to-Compare feature? With a cassette, of course!

"Dare to Compare" Cassette - take a look!

Forum Stats
23621 Members
38 Forums
35668 Topics
285305 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
Rigby, duvydestin, rstuvw461195, sonusharma, defghi106469

23621 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
c_fogle 145
Guitarhacker 130