You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#148546 - 01/28/12 01:06 AM Audio Sync Problem
soulagent Offline
Enthusiast

I have Realband 2012 with Win7. I generate 3 realtracks all ok. I record a 4th Guitar track thru my Roland UA-30 USB Audio Interface. Records ok. When I go to play back, the recorded Guitar track is lagging the other 3 tracks. I have changed the midi & audio latency settings forever but cant get it to sync. Any ideas?

cheers

Soulagent

#148547 - 01/28/12 06:57 AM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: soulagent]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

This is very odd BUT.........
My stuff is torn down at the moment. House cleaning time.
I usually do all my recording with my XP laptop. The other day I wanted to do a quick little bass part so thought I'd use my Win7 x 64 laptop that was hooked up to the mixer at the time. I couldn't seem to get that bass part to play tight to the other tracks. Thought it was me. Might not be now that you bring this up. When I get set back up I'll give it a go. I use a PCMCIA card. Audidgy2ZS notebook with KX drivers. The only difference between the 2 setups is the drivers for the card are different versions.
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"

#148548 - 02/10/12 03:37 PM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: silvertones]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Are you using ASIO or MME audio drivers?
Try the other one ...

#148549 - 02/11/12 05:59 AM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: rharv]
Pat Marr Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
smaller buffer size reduces latency doesn't it?
3) I agree that other factors beside those mentioned here also apply
4) I have no desire to fight. If my post came across that way, then you probably missed my point
5) Caveat Emptor

#148550 - 02/12/12 11:12 AM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: Pat Marr]
ROG Offline
Expert

Loc: York, England
You're always going to get some time lag between realtracks and live recordings, even with buffer sizes as low as possible. The MIDI/latency settings won't help. It's most noticeable when there's only one live track playing against several realtracks - as you build up more live tracks the natural variation in timing masks the effect.

If you've got a problem with one track, you can always got to the start of the track and open the audio edit window. You can then see how late the track is. If you highlight the gap and go to CUT and check the CLOSE GAP box, the audio will slide into place alongside the realtracks.

It's a bit tedious, but it works.

ROG.

#148551 - 02/12/12 06:29 PM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: ROG]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
I get it when I add vocals (and I do them dead least every time) and have NO idea how to stop it. Didn't happen before I put in 12.0

#148552 - 02/13/12 05:37 AM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: eddie1261]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Just tried it again. Twas' me. Dead on as far as I can tell. I did a bit of "Good Hearted Woman". Strong 1-5 bass part and very strong kick.The newly recorded bass part lined up very well with the pre recorded kick that was originally a midi part. So.......
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Sign-up for the PG Music Inc. Newsletter

Sign up for the PG Music Inc. newsletter and you'll receive notifications for new versions of Band-in-a-Box, as well as any other new products we release!

We Have Over 100 RealTracks Artists!

The popular RealTracks feature within Band-in-a-Box brings an exciting human element to your arrangement by adding REAL instruments played by TOP MUSICIANS!
Click here for a full list of the RealTracks Artists available.

RealTracks replace the MIDI track for that instrument, and can be controlled just like the MIDI instrument (volume changes, muting etc.). They follow the chord progression that you have entered, so you hear an authentic audio accompaniment or solo!

RealTracks Artist Rebeca Mauleón - Upcoming Appearance!

Rebeca Mauleón joins Carlos Del Puerto, Jesús Diaz and Carlos Caro this Saturday, July 26th for the "Master Class: Inside the Cuban Rhythm Section w/ Carlos Del Puerto" event at the SFJAZZ Center in San Francisco!
Click here for more information.

Purchase Site Licenses and LabPAKs for Band-in-a-Box!

Interested in purchasing Band-in-a-Box to use in your school? We offer special pricing when purchasing five or more installations! Click here to see the options available.

Share your UserTracks on our Forum!

An exciting new features of Band-in-a-Box 2014 is the ability to make UserTracks, which can be used just like any RealTracks!

We've created a tutorial to help you get started with UserTracks: Make a Band-in-a-Box UserTrack in under 10 minutes!

Once you've finished, feel free to share your creation on our UserTracks Forum.

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows - 13 Languages Available!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows is available in thirteen different languages!

Select the following page for a complete list of the translations available: http://www.bandinabox.com

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows Patch Update Available

Do you own Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows? Make sure to download the latest patch update 384!

Forum Stats
22448 Members
38 Forums
29457 Topics
234142 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
rich stieg, nichealmond23, René 1946, Khatru, norm van

22448 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Guitarhacker 92
dani48 90