You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#148546 - 01/28/12 04:06 AM Audio Sync Problem
soulagent Offline
Enthusiast

I have Realband 2012 with Win7. I generate 3 realtracks all ok. I record a 4th Guitar track thru my Roland UA-30 USB Audio Interface. Records ok. When I go to play back, the recorded Guitar track is lagging the other 3 tracks. I have changed the midi & audio latency settings forever but cant get it to sync. Any ideas?

cheers

Soulagent

#148547 - 01/28/12 09:57 AM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: soulagent]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

This is very odd BUT.........
My stuff is torn down at the moment. House cleaning time.
I usually do all my recording with my XP laptop. The other day I wanted to do a quick little bass part so thought I'd use my Win7 x 64 laptop that was hooked up to the mixer at the time. I couldn't seem to get that bass part to play tight to the other tracks. Thought it was me. Might not be now that you bring this up. When I get set back up I'll give it a go. I use a PCMCIA card. Audidgy2ZS notebook with KX drivers. The only difference between the 2 setups is the drivers for the card are different versions.
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"

#148548 - 02/10/12 06:37 PM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: silvertones]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Are you using ASIO or MME audio drivers?
Try the other one ...

#148549 - 02/11/12 08:59 AM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: rharv]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
smaller buffer size reduces latency doesn't it?

1) it'll be the best version yet!
2) see reason #1

#148550 - 02/12/12 02:12 PM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: Pat Marr]
ROG Offline
Expert

Loc: York, England
You're always going to get some time lag between realtracks and live recordings, even with buffer sizes as low as possible. The MIDI/latency settings won't help. It's most noticeable when there's only one live track playing against several realtracks - as you build up more live tracks the natural variation in timing masks the effect.

If you've got a problem with one track, you can always got to the start of the track and open the audio edit window. You can then see how late the track is. If you highlight the gap and go to CUT and check the CLOSE GAP box, the audio will slide into place alongside the realtracks.

It's a bit tedious, but it works.

ROG.

#148551 - 02/12/12 09:29 PM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: ROG]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
I get it when I add vocals (and I do them dead least every time) and have NO idea how to stop it. Didn't happen before I put in 12.0

#148552 - 02/13/12 08:37 AM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: eddie1261]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Just tried it again. Twas' me. Dead on as far as I can tell. I did a bit of "Good Hearted Woman". Strong 1-5 bass part and very strong kick.The newly recorded bass part lined up very well with the pre recorded kick that was originally a midi part. So.......
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Keeping Up with PG Music Inc. - Newsletter Sign-up

Sign up for the PG Music Inc. newsletter and you'll receive notifications for new versions of Band-in-a-Box, as well as any other new products we release!

Share Your Song with Soundcloud!

Did you know that there are are a number of ways to share your Band-in-a-Box song? Not only can you print out your song in notation, you have the option of saving in a variety of MIDI and audio formats for playback from your computer or an audio CD. You can even upload your arrangement to Dropbox and Soundcloud!

Watch how easy it is to upload your Band-in-a-Box song to Soundcloud here.

Make sure to post a link to your song on our User Showcase Forum!

Band-in-a-Box Tips & Tricks!

There's so much Band-in-a-Box can do! Check out the YouTube Channel - Tips & Tricks page, which is packed with videos showing off what Band-in-a-Box can do!

RealTracks Artist Andy Leftwich on Tour with Kentucky Thunder!

Andy Leftwich is a member of Kentucky Thunder, the band that tours with Ricky Scaggs! They're starting December off with A Skaggs Family Christmas in Winkler, MB, Canada on December 5th!

To see if there's an upcoming show near you, visit http://www.rickyskaggs.com/tour.

RealTracks Artist Ron Carter - Performs December 4th!

Ron Carter & His Trio are performing as part of the Jazz Giants Series in Palo Alto, CA on December 4th!

Click here for more information about this event.

Video Support Pages - Band-in-a-Box Tips & Tricks and More!

Whether you're looking for a video demonstration of Band-in-a-Box or Tips & Tricks for all those features, there's a video for you!
Visit our Video Support Page to see all the videos we have to offer!

These are also available on our YouTube Channel.

Stay in Touch With Us on Facebook and Twitter!

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter and you'll be the first to know about specials, new releases, contests and other exciting PG Music Inc. announcements!

Forum Stats
22271 Members
39 Forums
31035 Topics
246675 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 12:12 PM
Newest Members
Biablo, Wawit, lstruble, Michelle74, DonnyThompson

22270 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pat Marr 163
seeker 136