You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
#148546 - 01/28/12 04:06 AM Audio Sync Problem
soulagent Offline

I have Realband 2012 with Win7. I generate 3 realtracks all ok. I record a 4th Guitar track thru my Roland UA-30 USB Audio Interface. Records ok. When I go to play back, the recorded Guitar track is lagging the other 3 tracks. I have changed the midi & audio latency settings forever but cant get it to sync. Any ideas?

#148547 - 01/28/12 09:57 AM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: soulagent]
silvertones Offline

This is very odd BUT.........
My stuff is torn down at the moment. House cleaning time.
I usually do all my recording with my XP laptop. The other day I wanted to do a quick little bass part so thought I'd use my Win7 x 64 laptop that was hooked up to the mixer at the time. I couldn't seem to get that bass part to play tight to the other tracks. Thought it was me. Might not be now that you bring this up. When I get set back up I'll give it a go. I use a PCMCIA card. Audidgy2ZS notebook with KX drivers. The only difference between the 2 setups is the drivers for the card are different versions.
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"

#148548 - 02/10/12 06:37 PM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: silvertones]
rharv Offline

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Are you using ASIO or MME audio drivers?
Try the other one ...
Make your sound your own!

#148549 - 02/11/12 08:59 AM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: rharv]
Pat Marr Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
smaller buffer size reduces latency doesn't it?

#148550 - 02/12/12 02:12 PM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: Pat Marr]
ROG Offline

Loc: York, England
You're always going to get some time lag between realtracks and live recordings, even with buffer sizes as low as possible. The MIDI/latency settings won't help. It's most noticeable when there's only one live track playing against several realtracks - as you build up more live tracks the natural variation in timing masks the effect.

If you've got a problem with one track, you can always got to the start of the track and open the audio edit window. You can then see how late the track is. If you highlight the gap and go to CUT and check the CLOSE GAP box, the audio will slide into place alongside the realtracks.

It's a bit tedious, but it works.

#148551 - 02/12/12 09:29 PM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: ROG]
eddie1261 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
I get it when I add vocals (and I do them dead least every time) and have NO idea how to stop it. Didn't happen before I put in 12.0

My CD is now available for purchase by download on CDBaby.

#148552 - 02/13/12 08:37 AM Re: Audio Sync Problem [Re: eddie1261]
silvertones Offline

Just tried it again. Twas' me. Dead on as far as I can tell. I did a bit of "Good Hearted Woman". Strong 1-5 bass part and very strong kick.The newly recorded bass part lined up very well with the pre recorded kick that was originally a midi part. So.......
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"

PG Music News
Tell Us Your Favorite RealTracks Artist!

When creating your songs in Band-in-a-Box® or RealBand, who is the most common RealTracks Artist you use?

Or... do you find you're sticking with a select few? Perhaps making your own Country band by combining The Time Jumpers members Paul Franklin, Kenny Sears, Andy Reiss, and Jeff Taylor?

What is your favorite RealTracks Artist combination?

Share your favorite RealTracks Artist, or list of RealTracks Artists with us here - don't forget a link to your song (if you have one)!

Ordering Band-in-a-Box® Has Never Been Easier!

When you order any PG Music products directly from (or you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have your order shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to order with the $0 Down Easy Payment Plan - when you choose this payment option you'll pay $0 when you order, with the total of your invoice being split into 4 equal payments charged every 30 days for 4 months after your inital purchase - and there are no additional interest charges or service fees applied!

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® package & order here.
Mac user? Click here to order.

A Look Back: Band-in-a-Box® Macworld 4-Star Rating... for Version 8! #TBT

Band-in-a-Box® has been around a long, long time! Band-in-a-Box® 8 was released in July 1999 - and it received a 4-Star Rating from Macworld!

Want to see the award? Click here to load the image.

Read the latest review of Band-in-a-Box® (2015) from Macworld here.

Eric Blackmon's Tutorial: How To Play A Guitar Solo...

Band-in-a-Box Endorsing Artist Eric Blackmon uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks with a lot of his online lesson videos, including the recently uploaded How To Play A Guitar Solo With 2 Frets In Any Key!

Click here to watch the video for this lesson.

Get to Know Endorsing Artist Robert Conti

Enthusiastic Endorsing Artist Robert Conti uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks for many of the DVDs that he offers on his website, here:

As an endorser, he has this to say:
It is a genuine pleasure to be associated with PG Music. By eliminating the need for an external tone generator and including a comprehensive array of real combo and orchestral instruments within the software, Band-in-a-Box has once again set a new standard of high quality.
My staff and I are proud to recommend this product to patrons of my learning products, as the opportunity for any aspiring student to practice with an On Call Rhythm Section - 24/7, is immeasurable. Moreover, the sound of real instruments render the support tracks generated by Band-in-a-Box, as ideal for any live performance!

Thanks Robert!

Visit Robert Conti's YouTube Channel to review all of his videos.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2016 - Render Track as ACID Loop!

With PowerTracks Pro Audio 2016, you can render an audio track (a highlighted section or the whole track) as ACID Loop and save it to the BB Loops folder!

Select a track, or section of a track, and choose Render | Export Acid Loop - Highlighted section or entire track to WAV in Loops Folder. Then select a file name and press [Save]. When the message "Successfully rendered the file..." appears, you'll also see a "Acidize this .WAV file" where you can adjust further settings, and press [OK].

Your file will automatically save to the bb\RealTracks\Loops folder, unless you choose a different location when you're assigning a file name.

The Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Mac Special is a Hit!

We've recently added some strong new features to the Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Mac program, including VST plugins and AU (audio unit) support, Hi-Q MIDI instruments, an included VST Guitar Amp Simulator (AmpliTube), and more!

If you're already a 2016 user, you can download the free patch here.

If you're using an older version, and are interested in upgrading to the new 2016 program - now is a GREAT time to upgrade! We're offering up to 50% off on Upgrades: and there are BONUS PAKs too!

Here's a taste of what users like you are saying about the new 2016 version:
"The HiQ sounds sound great! This is a huge update for the Mac version!"
"Wow, amazing! Nice work, PGMusic. The Mac version is really catching up. Thanks!"
"The capabilities of the new Band-in-a-box is really impressive!"
"Congratulations on this fantastic new version!"

Forum Stats
25270 Members
45 Forums
41769 Topics
335392 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
Sonorhc48, jazznpam, Own, isaby, jayjoe1010

25269 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)