Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#150729 - 02/15/12 05:02 PM This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!!
Dallon426 Offline

I think this software is great, however, it would make a lot of sense to add a live monitor feature. So I can plug my electric guitar directly to the computer and be able to use Vst's for effects. I know you can do this is realband, but to have it in Band in A Box makes sense as well. It is a software that is used to practice with, and you can plug in a midi instrument and practice live. Why not a line input for audio?

People please respond to this. And if you think it would be a beneficial feature- then please support by stating so:)

Band in a box- rocks- love it, it just needs some work. An updated interface, and better vst instrument windows. Looks a bit cheesy

#150730 - 02/15/12 06:08 PM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Dallon426]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Mid-Hudson Valley, New York an...
Welcome to the forum.

#150731 - 02/15/12 09:42 PM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Matt Finley]
Dallon426 Offline

Thank you,

#150732 - 02/16/12 09:46 AM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Dallon426]
Dallon426 Offline

no replies? Think of how important of a feature this is. If enough people support the idea of it, they will implement it.

Feel free to post- let PG music know.

#150733 - 02/16/12 11:17 AM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Dallon426]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

I can record audio into BIAB's one audio track anytime I want. I also can add plugins into that audio track via the new "mixer" window (haven't done that, though). I don't understand what you are are asking for. Most of the input monitoring type stuff is handled in your audio/digital interface.

#150734 - 02/16/12 02:34 PM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Kemmrich]
Cerio Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Spain
I suppose he wants to apply VST effects to his guitar in realtime.

#150735 - 02/16/12 02:56 PM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Cerio]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Quote:

I suppose he wants to apply VST effects to his guitar in realtime.

I have that feature in Sonar -- but I've never used it. I will have to give a try next time around, but I suppose that would increase the echo or latency issues.

#150736 - 02/16/12 06:18 PM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Kemmrich]
Dallon426 Offline

Correct, I would like to listen to my guitar realtime with effects. RealBand has a feature that allows this. Band in a box does not.

In Band in a box
With the audio interface you can not listen realtime with effects.

I do this with cubase- and realband. using ASIO4ALL drivers, and I have no latency issues at all. If it is, it is 11ms, and I can't tell

But this feature should be included in Band in a Box. Why? Because some people like to practice by plugging into their computer (Some folks don't have an amp) So I use my computer.

This is called live input monitoring.

Think of it as a THRU channel that allows audio input. Instead of only MIDI

I know you can record and play back your track- but what is odd, is, you can't even hear your track with effects while you are playing what you are recording.

You have to have it recorded first, then apply the effects. Seems strange to me.

#150737 - 02/18/12 07:59 AM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Dallon426]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
It is a cool feature for sure, but remember that BiaB is not a true DAW, that is why they are developing RB. It is the true multitracker, hence why that feature is in RB That is the proper place to add live tracks.

They may add it someday, who knows, in the mean time try recording in RB.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#150738 - 02/18/12 08:33 AM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Robh]
Cerio Offline
Journeyman

Quote:

It is a cool feature for sure, but remember that BiaB is not a true DAW, that is why they are developing RB.

Sorry, Robh, I don't see your point. He is not asking for direct monitoring to record, but because "some people like to practice by plugging into their computer (Some folks don't have an amp) So I use my computer. ", wich still is, in fact, one of the main uses of BIAB for a lot of people. I think having direct monitoring would be very useful for those people who likes to play along with BIAB taking advantage of the new VST effects per track feature.

#150739 - 02/18/12 10:13 AM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Dallon426]
raymb1 Offline
Expert

Loc: Sterling, Va
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?u...p;x=16&y=22

I don't know if this would fit your needs. I use it with headphones, my EWI 4000s and plugged into my laptop output. It takes 1/8" plugs. I can practice without bothering anyone.

P.S. It's the Belkin Rockstar. All the inputs are in/out.

Edited by raymb1 (02/18/12 10:59 AM)

#150740 - 02/19/12 10:10 AM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: raymb1]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Cerio, I don't have an amp either, well at least one I like the sound of (roland cube) so I also play through the computer. I also find that it is better to have all the instruments in the same space so to speak, and a separate amp does not blend them as well for me. I know what he wanted, and was just pointing out a workaround in RB. Until they decide to add that feature, then RB will open any and all BiaB files and play them, with input monitoring.

One other thought is that input monitoring adds a layer of difficulty, and latency so i found a better way was to purchase a effects pedal board and add the effects prior to the signal.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#150741 - 02/19/12 11:52 AM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Robh]
Cerio Offline
Journeyman

Quote:

I know what he wanted, and was just pointing out a workaround in RB. Until they decide to add that feature, then RB will open any and all BiaB files and play them, with input monitoring.

Sorry Rob, I misread your post.

#150742 - 02/19/12 01:37 PM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Cerio]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Not a problem i misread my own post more often than not! It is more likely that i mis-typed it, rather than you misread it.

Edited by Robh (02/19/12 01:38 PM)

#150743 - 02/21/12 07:49 AM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Robh]
Dallon426 Offline

there is no latency. I have been exporting my BIAB tracks to Realband. But this takes time and is not easy to transpose. So, for practicing sake- this feature seems like it should not be very difficult to put together. They already have a recording audio feature.

I don't really care about recording, I use a daw to record= Cubase. Realband is incredibly weak compared to Cubase.

So, I think they should focus on developing BIAB with better features, and a more
updated, modern looking interface."

Does anyone know how to get PG Music to respond to this request?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Freebie Friday - Coyote ForteDXi Demo!

The Coyote ForteDXi is a sample player designed for use with DirectX-compatible host programs. Its 128 high-quality sampled instruments offer a sound quality far better than the standard Windows Midi Synthesizer.

The free 30-day demo is always available on our website! Fore more information, and to download the free demo, visit http://www.pgmusic.com/coyotefortedxi.audvid.htm.

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows - Spanish Language Patch Available!

There's a new Spanish language patch for Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows which includes the PDF of the full 2014 manual! Learn more here.

RealTracks artist Miles Black Jazz Duo Concert Friday!

The Miles Black Jazz Duo and Rob Cheramy will perform Friday, August 29th at Hermann's Jazz Club in Victoria, BC! Described as a Tribute to Bill Evans and Jim Hall, with Special Guest Kenneth Speller on Alto Sax - it's sure to be a great evening!
Learn more about this event here: http://www.milesblack.com/calendar.html.

RealTracks Artist Ron Carter Upcoming Performance

The Ron Carter Big Band will be appearing 08/26/14 - 08/31/14 at the Jazz Standard in New York.

You can check out all his upcoming shows at: http://roncarter.net/JazzMaster/performances-calendar/

Video - Count-in & Metronome

Did you know that you can use different count-in types such as drum fills, or turn on a silent visual metronome, to help keep you in time while recording? You can! Learn how by watching the video: http://youtu.be/-KvPt0KPGEw

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows - Italian Patch Available!

If you own the Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows, and are wanting the latest Italian language patch that includes a PDF of the full 2014 Italian manual, click here.

PG Music Inc. Support Page Resource

Our Support Page is a fast and easy way to access Patch Updates, Videos, Support Forms, FAQs, Tutorials and more!
http://www.pgmusic.com/support.htm

Forum Stats
21922 Members
38 Forums
29733 Topics
236764 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
KSlatt0327, MollyP, kissandnav, rhobi, myless

22330 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 138