Bass 1418 Elec Southern Rock

Piano 1839 Acoustic Pop

Drums Rock Brit Driving EV16

Guitar 2644 Elec Rhy Modern Pop Hard

Guitar 1168 Soloist Rock Ballad Brent

Organ 2619 Rhy Funk

Thanks for listening and commenting,
Kenny

#352700 - 06/04/16 10:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: What Am I Without You [Re: 44kfl]
David Snyder Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Kenny,

This is really good. One of my favorites from you. Smokin' guitar man. Consider me impressed.

What flavor of guitar is that??

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#352735 - 06/04/16 01:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: What Am I Without You [Re: 44kfl]
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
A different side of Kenny! Cool song!! Has sort of a John Lennon Yer Blues vibe. Vocal comes across very emotive and sincere. And again, you've made everything sound very natural and "band-like" with a little help from you friend Brent. Very enjoyable!! Take care. Greg

#352762 - 06/04/16 03:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: What Am I Without You [Re: 44kfl]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Kenny
Nice build up the band sounds really good, and supports the vocal well.
Good song.

#352770 - 06/04/16 03:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: What Am I Without You [Re: 44kfl]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
"Sleep out in the pouring rain
I will suffer any pain
Just to get you back again
Face the odds and still come thru"

Wow. Kenny...I hope you don't truly hold that much pain...
But the fact that you can put that into a song is impressive.

A bunch of BIAB users tend to "stay in the box"... it's easy to note - yeah, sounds like BIAB (same stuff over and over). You are DEFINITELY NOT one of those. You use it as a tool to "get what you need" to express a song. Awesome stuff. Pick and choose. Mix it up... This is a GREAT sound. Original, unique. Kenny music. Awesome stuff. Great listen.

Man! I like that!... a lot...

(stuck in my head).

floyd

#352772 - 06/04/16 03:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: What Am I Without You [Re: Greg Johnson]
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
A different side of Kenny! Cool song!! Has sort of a John Lennon Yer Blues vibe. Vocal comes across very emotive and sincere. And again, you've made everything sound very natural and "band-like" with a little help from you friend Brent. Very enjoyable!! Take care. Greg

What can we say, we definitely agree!

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#352805 - 06/04/16 07:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: What Am I Without You [Re: David Snyder]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Kenny,

This is really good. One of my favorites from you. Smokin' guitar man. Consider me impressed.

What flavor of guitar is that??

Thanks David for the kind words, the solos are all Brent this time, I like to play the solos on a lot of my stuff but tried out this Brent style and loved it right away.

#352806 - 06/04/16 08:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: What Am I Without You [Re: Greg Johnson]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Thanks Greg, I've been listening to and watching a lot of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers lately and they're so good live that I was drawn to wanting to create some kind of bluesy rock groove like the Heartbreakers. I take the Lennon reference as a compliment, things usually don't end up the way they start out anyway. When I added that funk organ to the mix I knew I had to make something out of that.

#352807 - 06/04/16 08:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: What Am I Without You [Re: RnAM]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: RnAM

What can we say, we definitely agree!

Thanks guys

#352843 - 06/05/16 06:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: What Am I Without You [Re: 44kfl]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
This is really good. You did a masterful job bringing all the elements together. The solo sounds like BM was in the studio. It fits in perfectly. Enjoyed this.

#352853 - 06/05/16 09:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: What Am I Without You [Re: 44kfl]
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Kenny,

impressive. Very punchy.
Brent's rock ballad fits like a glove.
Enjoyable listen.

Guenter

#353431 - 06/10/16 04:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: What Am I Without You [Re: Charlie Fogle]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
This is really good. You did a masterful job bringing all the elements together. The solo sounds like BM was in the studio. It fits in perfectly. Enjoyed this.

Thanks Charlie, that is I hope you meant BM as in Brent Mason and
not the other well known bm...

#353432 - 06/10/16 05:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: What Am I Without You [Re: PeterF]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Kenny
Nice build up the band sounds really good, and supports the vocal well.
Good song.

Thanks Peter

#353436 - 06/10/16 05:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: What Am I Without You [Re: floyd jane]
44kfl Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
"Sleep out in the pouring rain
I will suffer any pain
Just to get you back again
Face the odds and still come thru"

Wow. Kenny...I hope you don't truly hold that much pain...
But the fact that you can put that into a song is impressive.

A bunch of BIAB users tend to "stay in the box"... it's easy to note - yeah, sounds like BIAB (same stuff over and over). You are DEFINITELY NOT one of those. You use it as a tool to "get what you need" to express a song. Awesome stuff. Pick and choose. Mix it up... This is a GREAT sound. Original, unique. Kenny music. Awesome stuff. Great listen.

Man! I like that!... a lot...

(stuck in my head).

floyd

Thanks,
nah, not too much pain here, ya know place holder words become actual words cause ya can't come up with better words...
yes BIAB is good at mix and match, everyone should have at it and enjoy.

#353524 - 06/11/16 02:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: What Am I Without You [Re: 44kfl]
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Hello Kenny,

one of your best for me.
Very nice listening.

Sergio

Sergio

#353541 - 06/11/16 04:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: What Am I Without You [Re: 44kfl]
Me Offline

Excellent song and mix.

Thanks for sharing it.

Trax

#353579 - 06/12/16 06:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: What Am I Without You [Re: 44kfl]
rayc Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Between the organ, piano and those pained vocals (in the right way) I missed the rest of the arrangement.
I was focussed on those three elements.
I reckon you could strip it of the guitars and focus on the pain.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. http://therecordingrebels.com/index.php

#353596 - 06/12/16 08:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: What Am I Without You [Re: 44kfl]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Kenny, Like floyd said "A bunch of BIAB users tend to "stay in the box"... it's easy to note - yeah, sounds like BIAB (same stuff over and over). You are DEFINITELY NOT one of those. You use it as a tool to "get what you need" to express a song. Awesome stuff. Pick and choose. Mix it up... This is a GREAT sound. Original, unique. Kenny music. Awesome stuff. Great listen." I always enjoy what you post here. You are one of my favorite writers and singers on this forum. Another good one. Tom

#353650 - 06/12/16 06:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: What Am I Without You [Re: tommyad]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Kenny, Like floyd said "A bunch of BIAB users tend to "stay in the box"... it's easy to note - yeah, sounds like BIAB (same stuff over and over). You are DEFINITELY NOT one of those. You use it as a tool to "get what you need" to express a song. Awesome stuff. Pick and choose. Mix it up... This is a GREAT sound. Original, unique. Kenny music. Awesome stuff. Great listen." I always enjoy what you post here. You are one of my favorite writers and singers on this forum. Another good one. Tom

I agree 100%. Great blues.

All I can add is this is a keeper!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#353676 - 06/13/16 04:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: What Am I Without You [Re: 44kfl]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

Thanks Charlie, that is I hope you meant BM as in Brent Mason and
not the other well known bm...

You are correct. Although the other could have been quite the 'Classical Gas' also.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
National One-Hit Wonder Day!

Today is NATIONAL ONE-HIT WONDER DAY!

Have you ever created a "one-hit wonder" (that you'll admit to)? Post it to this thread - we'd love to hear it!

Complete RealBand 2018 Users Guide - Interactive Online Version Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page, and you'll find our latest addition - the online manual for the RealBand 2018 for Windows User's Guide!

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/rb2018full/index.htm

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this User's Guide can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video - Endorsing Artist Steve Wallace

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video from endorsing artist Steve Wallace!
www.pgmusic.com/?vid=6QcPF5cQjKw

"With the vast array of RealTracks and styles offered, Band-in-a-Box is a phenomenal program that can help any musician and composer hone their skills."
-Steve Wallace

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac review on www.guitaren.dk!

www.guitaren.dk has recently reviewed Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, which can be read here.

Summary:

"Our conclusion is that this is a very serious and well done piece of software.The program is fast and flawless and you'll very quick get impressive results just typing the name of the chords. The new functions are exiting and worthy to be includes in this anniversary upgrade.
We were very impressed by the MIDI SuperTracks, which is simply brilliant. It’s a function in Band-in-a-Box that's here to stay.
It's amazing that the programs feel is so fresh and innovative after 30 years. This version is better than ever and should be a in every home studio or pro studio... Congratulations with the anniversary! We love you as the ex-wife we did not know we were missing.
"

Band-in-a-Box®: Part of The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig!

Check out the latest Sweetwater article from Mitch Gallagher: "The Ultimate Desktop Guitar Practice Rig" - he's included Band-in-a-Box!

"The king of backing track creation, in my opinion, is Band-in-a-Box (BIAB). It can do everything from country to jazz to metal, with a huge array of instruments and options. There is a great selection of songs and BIAB tracks available for free on the web, so you don’t even have to make your own."
-Mitch Gallagher
www.sweetwater.com

#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

Forum Stats
27997 Members
57 Forums
54104 Topics
446372 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
gianni2007, SP3, Kevyn285, nitz, smokinhalfnote

27996 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 499
David Snyder 181