You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
#151031 - 02/19/12 10:56 AM 2012 for MAC (Have you forgot us)
David Simmons Offline

Don't forget the Mac users. We are still waiting.... 2012 As the song says "Don't let me down"

#151032 - 02/20/12 04:22 PM Re: 2012 for MAC (Have you forgot us) [Re: David Simmons]
JayO Offline

Hopefully the "Help!" call for beta testers goes out soon, so PG can "Get by with a little help from their friends"...
Then again, "Tomorrow never knows".

Sorry couldn't resist.

Hopefully it will be soon !

- Jay

#151033 - 03/09/12 10:28 PM Re: 2012 for MAC (Have you forgot us) [Re: JayO]
stevenz Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Hope its worth waiting for and not just a superficial dressing up.

#151034 - 04/12/12 11:57 PM Re: 2012 for MAC (Have you forgot us) [Re: stevenz]
stevenz Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Yep, just a superficial dressing up! Nothing to get the Mac version anywhere near the Windows version. After
using BIAB for 15 years, I give up!

#151035 - 04/13/12 07:04 AM Re: 2012 for MAC (Have you forgot us) [Re: David Simmons]
Svenne Offline

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
Pssst! BIAB 2012 for mac
Lots of new features and RealTracks...Yes.....

#151036 - 04/13/12 05:09 PM Re: 2012 for MAC (Have you forgot us) [Re: Svenne]
nonchai Offline

So still no plugin support for OSX in 2012 ?

Do we have to export the raw guitar track audio to disk and then import into a DAW to apply the Amplitube CS plugin processing ?

What a bodge....

Edited by nonchai (04/13/12 05:11 PM)

#151037 - 04/18/12 04:25 PM Re: 2012 for MAC (Have you forgot us) [Re: nonchai]
Lubomir Offline

I can't describe my frustration!We've been cheated again!I didn't know that there is that BIG GAP between the both versions(PC&Mac),before,while waiting for the video demo for Mac,I browse through the windows one....oh,my goodness.I could never believe it ,until I saw it.So,tell me,mr Gannon,why is so? Why this discrimination for Mac users?Why we are not as good as Windows users?:-((((

#151038 - 04/19/12 11:33 PM Re: 2012 for MAC (Have you forgot us) [Re: nonchai]
Fried Rich Offline

I dunno, I just wouldn't ever think to finish a project in BB. Don't most people export the tracks anyhow to do the final effects and mixing?

What I do do, and love, is get amazing backing tracks from BB. The hardest thing is that there are so many excellent musicians to choose from.

OK, I agree that it might be nice to have all of the Windows featurs, but I don't know if I'd really use them. Seems to me that some of them are just feature bloat after 20 or so great years of BB development. But if you really think you need all of those Windows features, Parallels is only $79.

Anyhow, my glass is at least half full, probably more.

PG Music News
Announcing RealBand 2016 for Windows!

RealBand 2016 is included in every purchase of the just-released Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Windows!

During the month of December there is special pricing on most Band-in-a-Box & RealBand Upgrade packages! Plus, when you purchase one of the First-time packages or discounted upgrades you will receive a FREE BONUS PAK, which includes:

1 Artist Video Performance:
-Jack Stafford Sax: Indiana

3 MIDI SuperTracks:
-Piano, Rhythm FolkySwing Sw 110
-Piano, Electric, Rhythm FunkSwing16 Sw16 085
-Piano, Rhythm CountryBentNoteJohn Sw 085

4 Instrumental Studies:
-Bass, Electric, Jazz Funk Poppy, Ev16 110
-Guitar, Acoustic, Folk, 2-part Fingerpicking, Sw16 085
-Guitar, Electric, Blues and Rock, Medium Rock Soloist, Ev 120
-Piano, Acoustic, Jazz and Bossa, Solo-Accompaniment Jazz Stride, Sw 085

Special Pricing and the free Bonus PAK are only available until December 31, 2015.

With the release of Band-in-a-Box & RealBand Version 2016, there are 201 NEW RealTracks being added to our library! Plus, there are an additional 24 Bonus RealTracks, 2 Artist Video Performances, 8 MIDI SuperTracks, and 15 Instrumental Studies available in the 49-PAK! Learn more about these Bonus items here:

Information and demos for the 201 new RealTracks released (Sets 228-253):

RealBand 2016 for Windows... New Features: View here...

Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Windows is Here!

We're excited to release the brand new Band-in-a-Box 2016 & RealBand 2016 for Windows!
(With a fresh new look...)

Some of the 50 New Features released with this version include:

-The StylePicker has been redesigned and enhanced, and the Chord Sheet is also enhanced with a new look, feel, and customization options.
-You can now load and save MusicXML files!
-There's improvements to the Import Audio feature; we've improved the Audio Edit Window, the Main Menu has been redesigned/re-organized, and SO MUCH MORE!

Check out all the new features:

With the release of Version 2016, there are 201 NEW RealTracks being added to our library! Plus, there are an additional 24 Bonus RealTracks, 2 Artist Video Performances, 8 MIDI SuperTracks, and 15 Instrumental Studies available in the 49-PAK!

Of course, we're offering phenomenal pricing on Upgrade packages, and a FREE Bonus PAK is included with most purchases! All of the purchase options can be viewed here.

Video - Using Drag-and-Drop in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac

One of the GUI Enhancements added with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac was to the Drop Station.
Now a folder opens after copying to drop box, Drag Drop or another folder.

We've made a short (7:23) video showing how to use Drag-and-Drop in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac, here.

There are even more video resources available that touch on the Drag-and-Drop feature!
Band-in-a-Box for Mac - Exporting songs to DAWs
Drag-and-Drop with Band-in-a-Box!

#MotivationMonday: Your Video Testimonial = a FREE Band-in-a-Box EverythingPAK!

This summer we began a Video Testimonials project, and reached out to Band-in-a-Box users requesting a 2-10 minute video telling the viewer about their Band-in-a-Box experience.

And... we got a GREAT response! Check out all of the current Video Testimonials here:

But, we're not done! If you'd like to submit a video, we'd love to see it! AND - if we use your video we will send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box EverythingPAK!

Visit this forum post for more information.

Making Medleys with Band-in-a-Box

RealTracks Medleys are special groups of RealTracks that play in sequence. This tutorial shows you how to make your own medleys with the RealTracks feature in Band-in-a-Box:

When it comes to Medleys, we don't stop there! With a previous release of Band-in-a-Box Version 2008 for Windows, we added a feature called the Medley Maker. This feature is great tool if you are wanting to make a medley of various songs you've created with Band-in-a-Box!

Inside the Medley Maker, which is accessed through the Song Form [AABA] button (the one with the pencil), simply select the songs that you want, and Band-in-a-Box will make the medley for you. A medley is not simply joining songs together - a good medley uses a "transition" area between songs to introduce the new style, key, and tempo. The Medley Maker automatically creates a nice transition area for you, writing in chords that would smoothly transition to the next song, style, key, and tempo!

The 2008 New Features Video is available here:

Video - Instant Preview Feature in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac

Another one of the new features released with Band-in-a-Box 2015 was the Instant Preview feature, which is highlighted in this video:

The Instant Preview works with UserTracks, Loops, RealTracks, and SuperTracks!

#TBT - The 2002 Release of PowerTracks Pro Audio 8!

In June of 2002 we released PowerTracks Pro Audio 8. There were more than 30 new features for seamlessly integrated MIDI/Digital Audio music production released at that time - take a look at the video highlighting the "new" version:

The "New Features" released with PowerTracks Pro Audio 8.0 Included...
New 32-bit Version! PowerTracks Pro Audio 8.0 has been totally rebuilt as a full 32-bit engine for seamless operation in Windows 98/ME/2000/XP.
Amazing New Chord Wizard! Load in any MIDI file, PowerTracks MIDI sequence file, or even a work-in-progress, and the amazing New Chord Wizard will intelligently figure out the chords and display them in the Notation Window and the new Chords Window. Chord symbols are an essential component of playing by ear, so most musicians who play by ear should find this new feature indispensable! The New Chords Window displays the chords in a selectable font and size, and is fully editable. It also has part markers (compatible with Band-in-a-Box) so that you can easily mark sections of your sequence.
Real Time DirectX Effects! PowerTracks Pro Audio 8.0 supports real time DirectX effects for live playback and monitoring, and even includes loads of great effects for free! PowerTracks also has real time DirectX plug-in groups in which up to four chained plug-ins can be used at once. Effects groups can be saved and loaded along with their settings, making it easy to use the same settings with multiple projects. The postproduction DirectX window also supports effects chains with up to four plug-ins.

FREE DirectX Plug-ins!
Awesome Audio Features!
Updated MIDI Features!
Enhanced Notation Features!
...and (of course) MUCH MORE!

Click here to learn more about PowerTracks Pro Audio 8.

Forum Stats
23857 Members
37 Forums
36233 Topics
287684 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
Steve13, BobF, Paul Wickham, tuvwxy163700, zyt123

23857 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 225
PeterGannon 194