You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#151031 - 02/19/12 10:56 AM 2012 for MAC (Have you forgot us)
David Simmons Offline
Enthusiast

Don't forget the Mac users. We are still waiting.... 2012 As the song says "Don't let me down"

#151032 - 02/20/12 04:22 PM Re: 2012 for MAC (Have you forgot us) [Re: David Simmons]
JayO Offline
Journeyman

Hopefully the "Help!" call for beta testers goes out soon, so PG can "Get by with a little help from their friends"...
Then again, "Tomorrow never knows".

Sorry couldn't resist.

Hopefully it will be soon !

- Jay

#151033 - 03/09/12 10:28 PM Re: 2012 for MAC (Have you forgot us) [Re: JayO]
stevenz Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Hope its worth waiting for and not just a superficial dressing up.

#151034 - 04/12/12 11:57 PM Re: 2012 for MAC (Have you forgot us) [Re: stevenz]
stevenz Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Yep, just a superficial dressing up! Nothing to get the Mac version anywhere near the Windows version. After
using BIAB for 15 years, I give up!

#151035 - 04/13/12 07:04 AM Re: 2012 for MAC (Have you forgot us) [Re: David Simmons]
Svenne Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
Pssst! BIAB 2012 for mac
Lots of new features and RealTracks...Yes.....
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

#151036 - 04/13/12 05:09 PM Re: 2012 for MAC (Have you forgot us) [Re: Svenne]
nonchai Offline
Enthusiast

So still no plugin support for OSX in 2012 ?

Do we have to export the raw guitar track audio to disk and then import into a DAW to apply the Amplitube CS plugin processing ?

What a bodge....

Edited by nonchai (04/13/12 05:11 PM)

#151037 - 04/18/12 04:25 PM Re: 2012 for MAC (Have you forgot us) [Re: nonchai]
Lubomir Offline
Enthusiast

I can't describe my frustration!We've been cheated again!I didn't know that there is that BIG GAP between the both versions(PC&Mac),before,while waiting for the video demo for Mac,I browse through the windows one....oh,my goodness.I could never believe it ,until I saw it.So,tell me,mr Gannon,why is so? Why this discrimination for Mac users?Why we are not as good as Windows users?:-((((

#151038 - 04/19/12 11:33 PM Re: 2012 for MAC (Have you forgot us) [Re: nonchai]
Fried Rich Offline

I dunno, I just wouldn't ever think to finish a project in BB. Don't most people export the tracks anyhow to do the final effects and mixing?

What I do do, and love, is get amazing backing tracks from BB. The hardest thing is that there are so many excellent musicians to choose from.

OK, I agree that it might be nice to have all of the Windows featurs, but I don't know if I'd really use them. Seems to me that some of them are just feature bloat after 20 or so great years of BB development. But if you really think you need all of those Windows features, Parallels is only $79.

Anyhow, my glass is at least half full, probably more.

PG Music News
Discuss Your Methods & Gear for Making Music on Our Forum!

If you frequent our forums, you might be familiar with our Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production forum, which is an ideal place to post discussions about methods and gear for making music!

Whether you have questions about installing other music software, are looking for resources to help with production etc., came across some great information or free plug-ins you'd like to share, etc. - this forum is perfect for sharing!

Recent posts to this forum include:
Garritan install
Confused as Heck About LUFS
Article - 6 Chord Tricks For Songwriters
Learning Notation Function
...and more!

You'll even find posts here from our PG Music Team - like the recent post by Kent: Ethan Winer's Audio Myths workshop!

Xtra Styles Contest - 2 Days Left!

There are now almost 60 different songs entered in our Xtra Styles Contest!

The contest is open for submission until midnight September 30, 2016 - submit your song before then for a chance to WIN 1 of 4 prizes of $150 PG Bucks!

Listen to the songs already submitted here: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=91

Learn more about the Xtra Styles purchase options (we're still having our sale until Sept 30th!) here: www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php.

#TipTuesday Band-in-a-Box for Windows Keystroke Commands

Speed up your song creation when you use Keystroke Commands in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

For example, here are the commands for switching between the different Windows in Band-in-a-Box®:
Ctrl+W Toggle Notation and Chord Sheet windows.
Ctrl+O Movable Notation window.
Alt+W Lead Sheet window.
Ctrl+T Display Notation screen or Chord Sheet in full screen.
Ctrl+~ Conductor window.
Ctrl+Shift+A Audio Edit window.
Ctrl+Shift+D Drum Kit window.
Ctrl+Shift+G Guitar window.
Ctrl+Shift+J Ear training window.
Ctrl+Shift+L Big Lyrics window.
Ctrl+Shift+M Mixer Window
Ctrl+Shift+N Big Piano window.
Ctrl+Shift+S Plug-in mode for DAW.
Alt+Shift+L Practice window.
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+L Lyric Document window.

....and that's just a taste!

You'll find the complete list is available within the Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Windows program manual PDF. You can also view it here.

Informative Joanne Cooper Blog Post! 6 Simple Steps... #TipTuesday!

Joanne Cooper is a long time Band-in-a-Box user, and has been a member of our forum for years! We've all listened to the many songs she's shared (and loved every single one of them!), and many of our Forum members have also tuned in to her performances on Street Jelly!

Joanne has her own website, www.joannecooper.co.za/home, where you can listen to her music, watch some videos, scroll through photos, and more! She also shares her blog on this site, which has most recently been updated with the posting 6 simple steps to make cool backing tracks for popular cover songs using Band-in-a-Box.

Read through this informative Blog posting and you'll learn how she creates her backing tracks while using Band-in-a-Box!

Joanne has also created a Band-in-a-Box Video Testimonial, which can be viewed here.

Thank you Joanne for writing this blog post & sharing it with us!

Listen to Songs from other Band-in-a-Box Users on Our Forums! #MondayMotivation

If you're looking for some motivation to help you get started writing songs using Band-in-a-Box, pop in to our User Showcase Forum or the Xtra Styles Contest forum... both of these pages are loaded with songs other users have created with Band-in-a-Box (or other PG Music software).

When you've created your own song, feel free to share it on our User Showcase Forum, where you will also receive feedback from other forum members.

The Xtra Styles Special - There's Still Time!

There's still time to add over 160 professionally mixed RealStyles included in the new Xtra Styles PAKs for the introductory price of $29!

That's right - our Xtra Styles Special is going strong, but time is running out! Until September 30, 2016 you can purchase the All Xtra Styles PAK 1 for just $29 (reg. $49).
www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php

The Xtra Styles PAKs require the RealTracks and RealDrums included in your Band-in-a-Box® 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition. A handful of these new RealStyles use RealTracks from the 2016 49-PAK. If you don't have the 2016 49-PAK, there is a special purchase option: the "All Xtra Styles PAK 1 & 2016 49-PAK Bundle" for just $49! Note: This package is only available until September 30th.

Once you've added the Xtra Styles PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® collection, create an original song using one of the 164 RealStyles included and enter it in our Xtra Styles Contest!
There are four prizes of $150 "PG Bucks" to be won - one for each genre: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Singer/Songwriter! Entries can be submitted until midnight September 30, 2016. Click here for complete contest details.

Add versatility and a modern flair to your current RealTracks and RealDrums library with Xtra Styles PAKs!

#FunFactFriday - Where is PG Music Inc?

Did you know that PG Music Inc. is located in Victoria, British Columbia (Canada)?

Victoria, BC is located on Vancouver Island. Don't let the name fool you, we are not located in Vancouver (a common mistake...)

Our city is home to and endless list of attractions, including: the Legislature Building (we are the capital city of British Columbia), the Craigdarroch Castle, loads of Art Galleries, Butchart Gardens, the Royal BC Museum, CFB Esquimalt, and loads of other great tourist stops! We are also lucky enough to have a huge music scene (a few of our PG Team members perform often!).

There has also been a lot of movies and TV shows filmed here - including X-Men, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and X-Men: The Last Stand (Royal Roads University is the Professor Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters)!

Want to learn more about Victoria? Visit the Tourism Victoria website: www.tourismvictoria.com/

Forum Stats
25176 Members
45 Forums
41400 Topics
332130 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
Ariful123, peastaugh, Angelo Franco, kjh, Pilipe

25176 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 243
David Snyder 200