You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#151198 - 02/20/12 08:04 PM Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight.
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Long Beach California. United ...
Here's a song I wrote about a couple dealing with depression.

Tracks used in song:
Bass: 518:Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 085
Piano: 365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
Drums: RealDrums=NashvilleEven8^6-HiHat,HHatO
Guitar: 362:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 085
Strings:363:Pedal Steel, Background Ev 085
Melody: 1264:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopShiningA-B Ev 120
Soloist: 1259:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopShiningRockA-B Ev 120

Song link:
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11447339&q=hi

Lyrics:

Ain't No Love goin' On Here Tonight.
Tim Lawrence 2012
Verse:
Woke up in a cold, cold sweat
my mind was filled with regret
over things I said and can't take back
And now it's late and the lights are out
and I'm awake on this cold couch
she's down the hall, but further away then that

Chorus:
And There ain't no love goin' on here tonight
no there ain't no love goin' on here to night

Verse:
Was that a dream I half recall
about a rumble down the hall
her silent cries echo through my mind
there's hidden spaces I never see
for bidden places she keeps from me
it's hard to love a wounded soul some times

(c)
(Break)

Verse:
Her days are dark and her nights are grey
and in her heart she's lost her way
and I can see she's headin' for a fall
some gotta win some gotta lose
some walk away and some get bruised
and some never get to choose at all

(C)

Bridge:
It's the weight on my heart keeps my feet on the ground
the love in her eyes keeps me waitin' 'round

Chorus:
But there ain't no love goin' on here tonight
no there ain't no love goin' on here to night

Yeah There ain't no love goin' on here tonight
ain't no love goin' on here to night

Tim

#151199 - 02/20/12 08:24 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: Tim Lawrence]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

I like this a lot Tim. My fav of yours so far.

Josie

Laugh often and love much.

#151200 - 02/20/12 10:07 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: Sundance]
Nels Offline

Hi Tim, I like it to. One thing, you have the guitar fighting with the steel during the break. If you want to use the two of them then I would break them apart like maybe the guitar alone for so many bars then bring the steel in alone also. In any case nice job.

Cheers

Nelson

#151201 - 02/21/12 11:47 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: Sundance]
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Thank you much Josie.

Tim

#151202 - 02/22/12 07:45 AM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: Tim Lawrence]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Sounds like you've got the C&W blues, hope this ain't yer life in a song Tim. Thanks for sharing, I love your Biab style selection for this song it fits just right!

#151203 - 02/22/12 12:48 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: Tim Lawrence]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Excellent song, lyrics flow perfect! The "further away than that" line is a home run. Nice demo. Thanks 4 sharing!

My Music

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#151204 - 02/22/12 01:32 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: PgFantastic]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Tim,

Great job! I agree with Josie, this is a fav of yours so far.

I particularly like the line...
"It's the weight on my heart keeps my feet on the ground"

Keep up the good work!

Steve

#151205 - 02/23/12 03:12 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: Tommyc]
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Quote:

Sounds like you've got the C&W blues, hope this ain't yer life in a song Tim. Thanks for sharing, I love your Biab style selection for this song it fits just right!

Neah, just like to write this type of country song.
Thanks for listening.

Tim

#151206 - 02/26/12 03:10 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: Tim Lawrence]
mglinert Offline
Expert

Loc: France, but I'm an ex-pat Brit

I found this track to be well put together and nicely mixed
Was that you playing the solo at 2:17 Tim?

I feel that in many lines the delivery (phrasing) could use a re-think.

At 4:45 Maybe a little too long – I’m not sure that the bridge section should be repeated at 3:53. You should be looking to wind things down at that point.
Wow when you write a dark lyric, it sure is dark Tim!

Regards,

Marc

#151207 - 02/27/12 09:37 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: mglinert]
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Quote:

I found this track to be well put together and nicely mixed
Was that you playing the solo at 2:17 Tim?

Regards,

Marc

Thanks Mark.

Oh, don't I wish.
That was a Realtrack.
I play guitar, but mostly finger pick.

Tim

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® User-to-User Video Tutorials!

Along with the extensive library of Band-in-a-Box® video tutorial we share on our website and YouTube Channel, we also have some "User to User" videos created by Band-in-a-Box® users just like you! You can view these here: www.pgmusic.com/videos.user.htm

If you've created your own Band-in-a-Box® video tutorial that you'd like to see on our website, please contact our Marketing Team with the link and a request.

PowerTracks 2016 Build 5 Update Available!

Our development team has just released a free patch update for all PowerTracks Pro Audio 2016 customers!

Learn more about this patch update & download it here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Windows - Build 436 Update Available!

The latest update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2016 for Windows!

Click here to learn more about this patch update, which is a free download for all Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Windows users.

Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Windows - Build 435 Update Available!

If you're using Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Windows, there's a new patch with updates that can be downloaded! Download it here.

This patch includes:
Added: "Highlight selected cell" checkbox added to Display Options. If enabled, the currently selected cell will be highlighted instead of just out-lined. Select "Cell highlighting" in the color picker to pick the highlighting color. This feature is useful for JAWS Screen Reader users.
Added: "Play when chosen" option added to StylePicker.
Updated: Help file.
Updated: PDF User Guide.
Fixed: Clicking on the Print button in the Big Lyrics window would open the old version of the Options for Copy Lyrics to Clipboard dialog.
Fixed: Diminished chords were recognized wrong when "Treat 'dim' chord as a diminished triad (Cdim5) instead of CDim7" setting was disabled. Entering a 'dim' or 'dim7' chord would result in a 'dim5' chord. Entering a 'dim5' chord would result in no chord.
Fixed: In the Notation Window, changing modes with the right-click menu would not highlight the correct mode button (eg. from editable to regular mode).
Fixed: It is not possible to enter "Faug" as a slash chord, unless typing Roman Numerals ('iv') or Nashville Notation ('4') for the root.
Fixed: It is not possible to enter 'Fadd2' as a slash chord, unless typing Roman Numerals ('iv') or Nashville Notation ('4') for the root.
Fixed: Lines drawn under the stave in the lead sheet.
Fixed: Song memo did not show information about audio loops or UserTracks in song.
Fixed: The GUI for some VST plugins did not fit into the plugins window. An example plugin is XLN Addictive Drums 2.
Fixed: The GUI for some VST plugins sometimes change size, and the plugins window would not grow or shrink to match. An example plugin is the Roland soundCANVAS VA.
Fixed: The Higher Banks dialog was limited to 1983 patches. The new limit is 10000.
Fixed: The lead sheet print range always defaulted to the first chorus.
Fixed: The right-click menu in the Notation Window would not do anything if in non-editable mode.

Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac - Build 129 Update Available

Learn more about this update and download it here.

Summary of the changes:
Added: "Highlight selected cell" checkbox added to Display Options. If enabled, the currently selected cell will be highlighted instead of just out-lined. Select "Cell highlighting" in the color picker to pick the highlighting color. This feature is useful for JAWS Screen Reader users.
Added: "Play when chosen" option added to StylePicker.
Added: Additional Chord Display layer now has an option for "Normal" display.
Added: Option to load the previous song or style "At program bootup..." added to Preferences.
Fixed: BossaTerryClark variation 3 named incorrectly in RD Picker
Fixed: Chord entry during playback was very slow.
Fixed: Command+w would close Notation Window, but not automatically switch to the chord sheet.
Fixed: Control+Minus would not set the relative tempo to 50%.
Fixed: Diminished chords were recognized wrong when "Treat 'dim' chord as a diminished triad (Cdim5) instead of CDim7" setting was enabled. Entering a 'dim' or 'dim5' chord would result in a 'dim7' chord. Entering a 'dim7' chord would result in no chord.
Fixed: Hitting TAB key while in the Notation Window would cause key input to stop working.
Fixed: If "Auto-open/close editable layers" is enabled, and a song with lyrics is opened from the Finder before Band-in-a-Box is open, the lyrics would not be loaded.
Fixed: It is not possible to enter 'Fadd2' as a slash chord, unless typing Roman Numerals ('iv') or Nashville Notation ('4') for the root.
Fixed: It is not possible to enter 'Faug' as a slash chord, unless typing Roman Numerals ('iv') or Nashville Notation ('4') for the root.
Fixed: It was not possible to select "1st/2nd/3rd" or "1st/2nd/3rd/4th" type endings in the repeats dialog.
Fixed: 'MIDI QWERTY Keyboard Wizard' feature was not working.
Fixed: Opening a song from the Finder would not automatically start playback.
Fixed: Song memo did not show information about audio loops or UserTracks in song.
Fixed: The "Play when selected" option in the Song Picker had no effect.
Fixed: The chord sheet did not work properly with keyboard layouts other than US.
Fixed: The Select Track dialog would get stuck behind the Load XML dialog.

The 49-PAK for Mac - It's Here to Stay!

If you think missed your chance to purchase the 49-PAK during our Mac special, we have news... you didn't!

We're keeping this purchase option available with the Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac packages. Add it to your Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase for just $49!

Plus, we are including the 49-PAK with all regular priced purchases of the UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, and Audiophile Edition packages!

Learn more about the 49-PAK & listen to demos at www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.49pak.htm.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2016 Mac Special - Last Day: June 15th!

Today is the LAST DAY of our Band-in-a-Box® 2016 Mac Special!

If you haven't ordered your upgrade yet, now is the time! We are offering up to 50% off, and you'll receive a Bonus PAK with your order! (special runs until June 15th)

Learn more about your upgrade options here: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm

Forum Stats
24948 Members
42 Forums
40502 Topics
323191 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
katz, Sal.golf, tuvwxy306626, Michael Jacob, danny green

24947 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 156