You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#151198 - 02/20/12 08:04 PM Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight.
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Long Beach California. United ...
Here's a song I wrote about a couple dealing with depression.

Tracks used in song:
Bass: 518:Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 085
Piano: 365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
Drums: RealDrums=NashvilleEven8^6-HiHat,HHatO
Guitar: 362:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 085
Strings:363:Pedal Steel, Background Ev 085
Melody: 1264:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopShiningA-B Ev 120
Soloist: 1259:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopShiningRockA-B Ev 120

Song link:
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11447339&q=hi

Lyrics:

Ain't No Love goin' On Here Tonight.
Tim Lawrence 2012
Verse:
Woke up in a cold, cold sweat
my mind was filled with regret
over things I said and can't take back
And now it's late and the lights are out
and I'm awake on this cold couch
she's down the hall, but further away then that

Chorus:
And There ain't no love goin' on here tonight
no there ain't no love goin' on here to night

Verse:
Was that a dream I half recall
about a rumble down the hall
her silent cries echo through my mind
there's hidden spaces I never see
for bidden places she keeps from me
it's hard to love a wounded soul some times

(c)
(Break)

Verse:
Her days are dark and her nights are grey
and in her heart she's lost her way
and I can see she's headin' for a fall
some gotta win some gotta lose
some walk away and some get bruised
and some never get to choose at all

(C)

Bridge:
It's the weight on my heart keeps my feet on the ground
the love in her eyes keeps me waitin' 'round

Chorus:
But there ain't no love goin' on here tonight
no there ain't no love goin' on here to night

Yeah There ain't no love goin' on here tonight
ain't no love goin' on here to night

Tim

#151199 - 02/20/12 08:24 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: Tim Lawrence]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

I like this a lot Tim. My fav of yours so far.

Josie

Laugh often and love much.

#151200 - 02/20/12 10:07 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: Sundance]
Nels Offline

Hi Tim, I like it to. One thing, you have the guitar fighting with the steel during the break. If you want to use the two of them then I would break them apart like maybe the guitar alone for so many bars then bring the steel in alone also. In any case nice job.

Cheers

Nelson

#151201 - 02/21/12 11:47 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: Sundance]
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Thank you much Josie.

Tim

#151202 - 02/22/12 07:45 AM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: Tim Lawrence]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Sounds like you've got the C&W blues, hope this ain't yer life in a song Tim. Thanks for sharing, I love your Biab style selection for this song it fits just right!

#151203 - 02/22/12 12:48 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: Tim Lawrence]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Excellent song, lyrics flow perfect! The "further away than that" line is a home run. Nice demo. Thanks 4 sharing!

My Music

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#151204 - 02/22/12 01:32 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: PgFantastic]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Tim,

Great job! I agree with Josie, this is a fav of yours so far.

I particularly like the line...
"It's the weight on my heart keeps my feet on the ground"

Keep up the good work!

Steve

#151205 - 02/23/12 03:12 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: Tommyc]
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Quote:

Sounds like you've got the C&W blues, hope this ain't yer life in a song Tim. Thanks for sharing, I love your Biab style selection for this song it fits just right!

Neah, just like to write this type of country song.
Thanks for listening.

Tim

#151206 - 02/26/12 03:10 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: Tim Lawrence]
mglinert Offline
Expert

Loc: France, but I'm an ex-pat Brit

I found this track to be well put together and nicely mixed
Was that you playing the solo at 2:17 Tim?

I feel that in many lines the delivery (phrasing) could use a re-think.

At 4:45 Maybe a little too long – I’m not sure that the bridge section should be repeated at 3:53. You should be looking to wind things down at that point.
Wow when you write a dark lyric, it sure is dark Tim!

Regards,

Marc

#151207 - 02/27/12 09:37 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: mglinert]
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Quote:

I found this track to be well put together and nicely mixed
Was that you playing the solo at 2:17 Tim?

Regards,

Marc

Thanks Mark.

Oh, don't I wish.
That was a Realtrack.
I play guitar, but mostly finger pick.

Tim

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Pat Martino - February Performances!

The Pat Martino Trio has a busy week coming up! Six performances in as many days starting on February 20th in Portland, Oregon with the Portland Jazz Festival. From there, they'll be heading to San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Seattle, and will finish the week off in Golden, Colorado!

For a more detailed list of Pat's upcoming shows, visit www.patmartino.com/ and click on Itinerary.

You'll find his RealTracks in Set 195: Jazz Pollwinners 2 - Pat Martino Guitar. To listen to demos of these, and learn more about Pat, visit his RealTracks Artist Bio page.

Our "Tips and Tricks" Forum - Share Your Band-in-a-Box Tips & Tutorials!

Have you come up with some technical tips or tutorials that are related to our products? Share them with fellow users by posting them to our Tips & Tricks Forum. As it is right now, there are 26 pages of posts from our Forum Members in that category!

Plus, if you've made your own tutorial video be sure to let us know - we can post it to our User to User Videos page.

#ThrowbackThrusday - Band-in-a-Box 7 (from 1997!)

Wow - take a look at this Band-in-a-Box 7 New Features Video from 1997... www.pgmusic.com/?vid=OdtSP2SfKAI

Peter explains all the new features offered with this version release, which you can also review as a written list here.

Special Offer - Save on "Other Software" Purchases!

When you purchase any three "Performance Products" (Multimedia, Master Solos, Master Class or Performance Series products) valued at $49 each, there's a discount applied - you can purchase any three of these programs for only $99!

It doesn't stop there! Purchase 4 of these for only $131, 5 for just $149, or 6 for just $179!

This breaks down as:
Buy 3 Performance products for $99 - that's a savings of $48!
Buy 4 Performance products for $131 - that's a savings of $65!
Buy 5 Performance products for $149 - that's a savings of $96!
Buy 6 Performance products for $179 - that's a savings of $115!

Just add the items to your shopping cart - these discounts are applied once the quantity is reached.

Visit http://www.pgmusic.com/products.htm to see which products are available for your operating system.

Video - Using VI Labs Ravenscroft 275 with Band-in-a-Box

Check out this tutorial on using Ravenscroft 275 with Band-in-a-Box for Windows, which also includes some demos of the Ravenscroft 275 piano playing MIDI SuperTracks: Watch it here!
Learn more about Ravenscroft 274 and listen to additional demos via our purchasing page or by visiting the VI Labs website.

Have you purchased a copy of VI Labs Ravenscroft 275? We'd love to hear your results! Post them here.

Save Your Song as a Video with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac!

With Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Mac you have the option to save your song as a video that you can upload to YouTube or work with in video programs! Watch Tobin explain this new feature here: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=IAfmkdpwVo8

(this feature is also available with Band-in-a-Box 2015 and higher for Windows: Watch the video.)

Not only can you save your song as a video, you can also load videos that you already have into Band-in-a-Box!
From the New Features List:
Video Window: The audio is extracted from the video to the audio track. As the song plays, you can slow down the video, and the audio will slow down and stay in sync.
The quality of the audio at slower or faster tempos is great. The video slowdown range is 6-800%. This is a great tool for transcription. You can select a range in the Chord Sheet window and use Transport - [Loop] button to loop a section of the video at a low tempo for example.

Have you made a Band-in-a-Box video? Feel free to share it on our User Showcase Forum.

Watch Wolf Marshall's Band-in-a-Box Testimonial Video!

Guess who else popped by our NAMM booth for a visit? Endorsing Artist Wolf Marshall!
(You may have noticed he's also in the recently posted photo of Henry Johnson enjoying the Crooner RealTracks...)

Wolf shared his Band-in-a-Box Video Testimonial with us, which you can watch here: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=4UWqoh0tP6Q.
Not only does he share how he uses (and why he enjoys) the program, he also tells us of a recent situation where Band-in-a-Box helps him complete a project in record time!

Click here to learn more about Endorsing Artist Wolf Marshall.

All of the Band-in-a-Box Video Testimonials are available here.

Forum Stats
24281 Members
39 Forums
37977 Topics
301656 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
Kristine Robles, Wolfgang58, dakes55, chromaticwedge, sercal

24280 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 266
Noel96 193