You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#151198 - 02/20/12 08:04 PM Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight.
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Long Beach California. United ...
Here's a song I wrote about a couple dealing with depression.

Tracks used in song:
Bass: 518:Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 085
Piano: 365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
Drums: RealDrums=NashvilleEven8^6-HiHat,HHatO
Guitar: 362:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 085
Strings:363:Pedal Steel, Background Ev 085
Melody: 1264:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopShiningA-B Ev 120
Soloist: 1259:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopShiningRockA-B Ev 120

Song link:
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11447339&q=hi

Lyrics:

Ain't No Love goin' On Here Tonight.
Tim Lawrence 2012
Verse:
Woke up in a cold, cold sweat
my mind was filled with regret
over things I said and can't take back
And now it's late and the lights are out
and I'm awake on this cold couch
she's down the hall, but further away then that

Chorus:
And There ain't no love goin' on here tonight
no there ain't no love goin' on here to night

Verse:
Was that a dream I half recall
about a rumble down the hall
her silent cries echo through my mind
there's hidden spaces I never see
for bidden places she keeps from me
it's hard to love a wounded soul some times

(c)
(Break)

Verse:
Her days are dark and her nights are grey
and in her heart she's lost her way
and I can see she's headin' for a fall
some gotta win some gotta lose
some walk away and some get bruised
and some never get to choose at all

(C)

Bridge:
It's the weight on my heart keeps my feet on the ground
the love in her eyes keeps me waitin' 'round

Chorus:
But there ain't no love goin' on here tonight
no there ain't no love goin' on here to night

Yeah There ain't no love goin' on here tonight
ain't no love goin' on here to night

Tim

#151199 - 02/20/12 08:24 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: Tim Lawrence]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

I like this a lot Tim. My fav of yours so far.

Josie

Laugh often and love much.

#151200 - 02/20/12 10:07 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: Sundance]
Nels Offline

Hi Tim, I like it to. One thing, you have the guitar fighting with the steel during the break. If you want to use the two of them then I would break them apart like maybe the guitar alone for so many bars then bring the steel in alone also. In any case nice job.

Cheers

Nelson

#151201 - 02/21/12 11:47 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: Sundance]
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Thank you much Josie.

Tim

#151202 - 02/22/12 07:45 AM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: Tim Lawrence]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Sounds like you've got the C&W blues, hope this ain't yer life in a song Tim. Thanks for sharing, I love your Biab style selection for this song it fits just right!

#151203 - 02/22/12 12:48 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: Tim Lawrence]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Excellent song, lyrics flow perfect! The "further away than that" line is a home run. Nice demo. Thanks 4 sharing!

My Music

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#151204 - 02/22/12 01:32 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: PgFantastic]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Tim,

Great job! I agree with Josie, this is a fav of yours so far.

I particularly like the line...
"It's the weight on my heart keeps my feet on the ground"

Keep up the good work!

Steve

#151205 - 02/23/12 03:12 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: Tommyc]
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Quote:

Sounds like you've got the C&W blues, hope this ain't yer life in a song Tim. Thanks for sharing, I love your Biab style selection for this song it fits just right!

Neah, just like to write this type of country song.
Thanks for listening.

Tim

#151206 - 02/26/12 03:10 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: Tim Lawrence]
mglinert Offline
Expert

Loc: France, but I'm an ex-pat Brit

I found this track to be well put together and nicely mixed
Was that you playing the solo at 2:17 Tim?

I feel that in many lines the delivery (phrasing) could use a re-think.

At 4:45 Maybe a little too long – I’m not sure that the bridge section should be repeated at 3:53. You should be looking to wind things down at that point.
Wow when you write a dark lyric, it sure is dark Tim!

Regards,

Marc

#151207 - 02/27/12 09:37 PM Re: Ain't No Love Goin' On Here Tonight. [Re: mglinert]
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Quote:

I found this track to be well put together and nicely mixed
Was that you playing the solo at 2:17 Tim?

Regards,

Marc

Thanks Mark.

Oh, don't I wish.
That was a Realtrack.
I play guitar, but mostly finger pick.

Tim

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® and RealBand 2017 for Windows are here with over 80 NEW features and enhancements, 202 NEW RealTracks, 34 MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, 24 available "Bonus" RealTracks (during the December special), and more!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows has over 80 exciting new features and enhancements! The main screen GUI has been redesigned with many requested improvements, including a new, smaller footprint, configurable toolbars, and more. RealTracks sound better than ever with improved stretching and transposition quality (Elastique 3), better phrase transitions, and Natural Arrangements. We have added new "Woodshedding" RealTracks called 12-Key Guitar RealTracks from Brent Mason played in 12 keys with Hi-Q (precise) Tab/Notation which is ideal for studying and learning. There are many RealDrums enhancements including Half/Double/Triple time, Multiple Drum/Percussion/Loops on one drum track, and more. There is a dedicated Song Titles Browser with metadata info on over 8,000 popular songs. UserTracks enhancements include Half/Double/Triple time, rests, 3/4 waltz support, and more. We've added a new VST Synthesizer (sforzando SFZ Synth) with support for the popular .SFZ sound format, as well as PG Music's Hi-Q sounds, and more! Click here to read about all the new features!

Plus, Until December 31st, 2016, SAVE on most upgrade packages and receive a Free Bonus PAK of Add-ons that includes 4 MIDI SuperTracks & 4 Instrumental Studies! Or upgrade to the 49-PAK and get ALL 24 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 30 MIDI SuperTracks, 18 Instrumental Studies, and 59 re-discovered RealStyles & MIDI SuperTracks! Learn More...

To find the Upgrade package right for you, visit www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Watch the new features video...

NEW! Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand!

Ever wanted to learn how to play Celtic Guitar from a pro? Try out our just-released program, the Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series with Quinn Bachand!

If you're familiar with Band-in-a-Box & RealTracks, you may have already heard Quinn playing along with your song - his contributions include the Celtic guitar, Bodhran, Irish Bouzouki, and banjo.

Click here to watch the Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series [Trailer]!

Band-in-a-Box® for Beginner's - New Forum!

New to Band-in-a-Box® ? We've created a Beginner's Forum that's the perfect place to post resources ideal for those starting with Band-in-a-Box®.

If you're not new to Band-in-a-Box®, that doesn't mean you can't join in the action! Pop over to the new forum to join in the discussion & share your knowledge too!

#MusicMonday - Listen to All These Great Songs!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® Radio page... there are hours of songs to listen to - all shared with us by our Forum Members!

Like what you hear? Each song playing includes a link to the original forum post, so you can leave a comment if you'd like! Found an artist you want to hear more from? There is also an option to visit the Artist SoundCloud page!

Get the Most Out of Band-in-a-Box® with Add-ons!

Get the Most Out of Band-in-a-Box® with Add-ons!

We offer a huge selection of Add-ons to help you get the most out of Band-in-a-Box®!

On top of RealTracks & RealDrums, we offer sets of MIDI SuperTracks, MIDI Styles, MIID Soloists, MIDI Melodists, MIDI Essential Phrases & Riffs, MIDI Fakebooks, Video Tutorials, and more!

Choose your OS to learn about all the Add-ons available:
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Add-ons
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac Add-ons

Not sure if what Add-ons you already have? Within Band-in-a-Box®, choose Help | What Add-ons do I have? - there you'll see a list of what is installed already!

The "I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube" Forum is a HIT!

If you've been watching videos on YouTube and come across one that had music from Band-in-a-Box (or a Band-in-a-Box tutorial), we now have a Forum you can share this too!

The new "I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube" Forum is a great place to see, hear and help to publicize how Band-in-a-Box is used on YouTube and other sites (tutorials, backing tracks, etc.).

This special forum was created in September 2016, and since then more than 30 videos have already been shared! Have a look here.

Happy Thanksgiving from PG Music!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our American customers & friends - we hope that everyone enjoys the holiday!

Forum Stats
25455 Members
46 Forums
42499 Topics
343076 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
HarmoChopin, UdoBS, estevenson411, hugbow, PepWa106

25454 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 431
PeterGannon 354