Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#151213 - 02/21/12 04:23 AM Windows 7, drivers for software & hardware
memphismusic Offline

I love BIAB 2012, but was not aware at purchase that my driver for my RolandED SC-8820 sound module was not going to be compatible with Windows 7. I have the same problem with all my Norton styles and Norton Fake Books as they are also not compatible with Windows 7.

Does anyone know of a drive fix for this? Roland has no Windows 7 driver that works with the SC-8820.

Thank you.

#151214 - 02/21/12 04:25 AM Re: Windows 7, drivers for software & hardware [Re: memphismusic]
memphismusic Offline

Windows 7, 64-bit.

#151215 - 02/21/12 04:32 AM Re: Windows 7, drivers for software & hardware [Re: memphismusic]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
The Norton styles and fakebook problem is an easy fix. Bob Norton has often commented that in situations like this, simply contact him and he will gladly send you updated installation programs for previous purchases.

For the Roland sound module, here is something you might try, based on the following post I found:

Quote:

Hi All ....
I have install WIN 7 64Bit OS .. I got the SC-8820 driver install by using the Vista64Bit downloaded version from Roland web site
Instead of running the setup file go to the device and update the driver from their.
Select the scan drivers from my computer and point it to the unzipped files
It will load the driver and recognise the SC-8820 device
I have connected it to Sonar Cakewalk without a problem

You can find the driver downloads -->> here

You'll see the 64-bit Vista driver. It's a zip file, which you can unzip to a folder. Update the driver by selecting "scan drivers from your computer" and point it to the folder you unzipped the files to.

I don't have the device myself, but a little bit of web research seemed to indicate that the above should work.

Good luck.

#151216 - 02/21/12 12:44 PM Re: Windows 7, drivers for software & hardware [Re: memphismusic]
Happy Birthday Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Hi,

I think you should be able to use any USB MIDI interface with the SC8820? Perhaps if there's someone here that has one, they will confirm...

#151217 - 02/22/12 06:44 AM Re: Windows 7, drivers for software & hardware [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Sometimes Vista drivers will work on Win 7 and sometimes not; I had to get a new printer for my win 7 system because the Vista drivers did not work. BUT I did pickup this tidbit of information from a keyboard site. Try it and let us know if it works.

“I have install WIN 7 64Bit OS .. I got the SC-8820 driver install by using the Vista64Bit downloaded version from Roland web site
Instead of running the setup file go to the device and update the driver from their.
Select the scan drivers from my computer and point it to the unzipped files
It will load the driver and recognise the SC-8820 device
I have connected it to Sonar Cakewalk without a problem”

#151218 - 02/23/12 06:57 AM Re: Windows 7, drivers for software & hardware [Re: MarioD]
tonnie Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Mario,

Were do I find "the scan drivers"?
Have searched my whole Laptop, but can not seem to find it.

Brgds,
Tonnie
Bergen, Norway

PS. Due to the time difference I will always wake up before you do (as long as I do it)!

#151219 - 02/23/12 07:17 AM Re: Windows 7, drivers for software & hardware [Re: tonnie]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
God dag, Tonnie -

Left-click on the Start Orb, right click on "Computer" (in the right pane that pops up), and select "Manage". Once the new screen pops up, select Device Manager. Find your soundcard in the list, then right click on it and select "Update Driver Software". On the next screen, select "Browse my computer for Driver Software". At the next screen, select the folder where you unzipped the driver software and click "Next" and it should find and update the driver.

I suggest that before doing any of this, you set a restore point first.

Hilsen fra Amerika,

John

#151220 - 02/23/12 08:44 AM Re: Windows 7, drivers for software & hardware [Re: jford]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Tonnie, it looks like John got up before me

#151221 - 02/24/12 07:31 AM Re: Windows 7, drivers for software & hardware [Re: MarioD]
tonnie Offline
Apprentice

It seems that you suggestion to load Vist64Bit drivers via the "device update" is a dead end, as Roland products are notorious unwilling to install while the product is connected to the USD port of a computer.

On the following web site Roland has published a list of products for which there are WIN 7 drivers available, as both the SC-8020 and XV-5050 (which are the sound modules I am interested in) are not mentioned, I deduct that there are (as yet) no WIN 7 drivers available.

http://www.roland.com/support/article/?q=information&id=62223370#audioif

If someone knows of any outside suppliers please let me know. It would probably not hurt if all with the same (or similar) interest would contact Roland/Edirol asking them to provide WIN 7 drivers ASAP.

Presently there are hardly any sound modules available with MIDI out or through, which I need for outputting chords to my Voice Works.

Brgds,
Tonnie

#151222 - 02/24/12 08:05 AM Re: Windows 7, drivers for software & hardware [Re: tonnie]
Chris (SwingingSoft) Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Tahiti
I made my own drivers for my XV2020 using another driver sound module. I changed some identifiers in the files contained in the Roland package driver.

All these sound modules are usable with biab using a midi usb interface (but you won't be able to edit the patches with the Roland XV Editor).

#151223 - 02/24/12 08:26 AM Re: Windows 7, drivers for software & hardware [Re: tonnie]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

I feel your pain because along with the printer I had to dump a Roland MPU64 MIDI hub as the Vista 64 drivers did not work on it in Win 7.

Did you try to install the drivers via “device update” with the unit disconnected from the computer? That may work. If it does you can daisy chain the two synths together via MIDI but you will lose the software editor on the synth that has no driver, the second one in the chain.

You should be able to connect both units using a midi interface like this: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MIDISport2AE/

I have a number of old synths, a midi controller, a guitar controller etc connected this way. But because it is MIDI I lost the software editors that were contained in the original drivers. They work perfectly but I can’t save presets like I use to in XP. Not a big problem for me. Before anyone asks yes I checked all over the internet for drivers and there were none.

A couple of words of caution on these interfaces, if they are USB driven like the one above make sure that either you have a free USB port on the computer to use them with or a powered USB hub. Also note that not all powered USB hubs are the same and some do not have enough power for a unit like the interface. Also be sure they come with Win 7 drivers!

Good luck and I hope this helps.

#151224 - 03/12/12 06:15 AM Re: Windows 7, drivers for software & hardware [Re: MarioD]
tonnie Offline
Apprentice

There is a Roland forum where they claim to have developed of a driver for the XV-5050 for Win 7/64. It can be found under:

www.rolandforums.co.uk/forums/viewthread/1319/

I am still waiting to receive mine, but hope to get it soon.
Hope this can help others too!

Tonnie

PS. Should anyone come across a driver for Win 7/64 for the SC-8020 I would be very interested!

#151225 - 03/12/12 06:55 PM Re: Windows 7, drivers for software & hardware [Re: memphismusic]
KeithS Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Mobile, Alabama
Quote:

..all my Norton styles and Norton Fake Books....are also not compatible with Windows 7.

Actually, your Norton Styles will work fine with Windows 7. Its the old Norton installation application that won't run in Win7. One solution as noted is to contact Notes Norton and get a new installation program for each style you have ordered from him.

Other solutions:

Dont do a completely clean installastion of Biab on your new computer. First copy your old BB folder with all of its contents onto the new computer and then install your new 2012 version into that folder. This has the advantage if keeping all your third party styles, personally created styles and other assorted things intact. Make a note for the future. When you upgrade to any new and improved version of Biab, your old BB folder is gold. Never discard it. If possible, always install into it.

if that is no longer an option:

Go to a computer that has an older operating systen like Windows XP. Make an empty folder in the c:\ directory and call it BB. Install the Norton styles into it. Copy the folder to a thumb drive. Copy the contents of the folder into your BB folder on the new computer. All your Norton stuff should run fine.
Windows 8 64 Bit, SONAR X3, Sony Vegas 12, Acid 7, Sony Audio Master Suite, Waves Horizon Bundle, Izotope Ozone 5.

#151226 - 03/12/12 10:43 PM Re: Windows 7, drivers for software & hardware [Re: tonnie]
Chris (SwingingSoft) Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Tahiti
Quote:

Should anyone come across a driver for Win 7/64 for the SC-8020 I would be very interested!

Tonnie, as I said before, I wrote my own drivers for the XV-2020. I compiled a driver for the SC-8820 the same way. You'll find it here. Please let me known if it works (I could not test it as I don't own the SC-8820).

I compiled a driver for the XV-5050 too. I don't know if both drivers can be used on the same station as they contain same ids...

#151227 - 03/13/12 07:01 AM Re: Windows 7, drivers for software & hardware [Re: Chris (SwingingSoft)]
tonnie Offline
Apprentice

Chris,

Sorry I did not get it the first time, but have now downloaded the driver and will try it later today.

Thanks,
Tonnie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Sign-up for the PG Music Inc. Newsletter

Sign up for the PG Music Inc. newsletter and you'll receive notifications for new versions of Band-in-a-Box, as well as any other new products we release!

We Have Over 100 RealTracks Artists!

The popular RealTracks feature within Band-in-a-Box brings an exciting human element to your arrangement by adding REAL instruments played by TOP MUSICIANS!
Click here for a full list of the RealTracks Artists available.

RealTracks replace the MIDI track for that instrument, and can be controlled just like the MIDI instrument (volume changes, muting etc.). They follow the chord progression that you have entered, so you hear an authentic audio accompaniment or solo!

RealTracks Artist Rebeca Mauleón - Upcoming Appearance!

Rebeca Mauleón joins Carlos Del Puerto, Jesús Diaz and Carlos Caro this Saturday, July 26th for the "Master Class: Inside the Cuban Rhythm Section w/ Carlos Del Puerto" event at the SFJAZZ Center in San Francisco!
Click here for more information.

Purchase Site Licenses and LabPAKs for Band-in-a-Box!

Interested in purchasing Band-in-a-Box to use in your school? We offer special pricing when purchasing five or more installations! Click here to see the options available.

Share your UserTracks on our Forum!

An exciting new features of Band-in-a-Box 2014 is the ability to make UserTracks, which can be used just like any RealTracks!

We've created a tutorial to help you get started with UserTracks: Make a Band-in-a-Box UserTrack in under 10 minutes!

Once you've finished, feel free to share your creation on our UserTracks Forum.

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows - 13 Languages Available!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows is available in thirteen different languages!

Select the following page for a complete list of the translations available: http://www.bandinabox.com

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows Patch Update Available

Do you own Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows? Make sure to download the latest patch update 384!

Forum Stats
22447 Members
38 Forums
29455 Topics
234114 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
defghi036424, lmnopq432772, nichealmond23, René 1946, Khatru

22446 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
dani48 91
Guitarhacker 90