Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#150744 - 02/22/12 12:09 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Dallon426]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
This is the forum for request, and they read this, so if it is on the list of improvements they will consider it.

As far as it taking time to move to RB, what method are you using? Have you tried just opening a BiaB file in RB? that is the fast way.

I disagree that RB is weak compared to Cubase or any DAW. I have both Reaper and Sonar, and while they are more feature rich, RB can hold it's own and is far deeper than most originaly think. You can do so much more than the surface shows. Maybe the big names have deep tool conventional tool sets, but a lot of that is never used, by the average user.

I see PG focusing on a tool set that is unique, and really useful. Cubase, Sonar, Reaper, Logic, or no other DAW on the market can generate realtracks, and when you think about it, in Rb you can create in Midi, Audio, Realtracks, RealDrums, and now loops. Not the traditional paint in loops like Acid, or garageband, but actual loop generation, opening up the whole world of sound to you. Anything you can record as a wave file loop, you can turn into a full track.

As far a focusing on BiaB, rather than RB, you would find a lot of disagreement here with that view. RB is a direct result of the request of many users here, a melding of BiaB with Powertracks. It is IMHO just a upgraded automation system, and a couple upgrades in the VSTi handling away from rocking with the big boys. RB is not weak, it is powerful in other ways that no other DAW can touch, and it still has the ability to do 95% of the basic stuff the more traditional programs do.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#150745 - 02/26/12 02:17 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Robh]
Dallon426 Offline

I am using real tracks, that is why it takes so long.

I have found some ways to work around, but it is time consuming to export, then import in realband. Anyway, I am patiently waiting for PG music to have add this feature in a future update Right PG MUSIC?

#150746 - 02/26/12 11:26 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Dallon426]
Robh Offline
Veteran

I don't understand still the time to export/import. That is totally unnecessary, RB opens up BiaB files and it takes literally seconds here. There is no need to export, just save the file, and open RB, and open the file there. It will take a few seconds to generate the tracks and then you just go from there.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#150747 - 02/26/12 11:32 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Dallon426]
Tommyc Online   content
Veteran

Not much time if you consider that a whole band and all their tracks are being created. Once you save as a RB seq it loads immediately.

#150748 - 02/27/12 05:40 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Tommyc]
Dallon426 Offline

not if I am using realtracks, plus transposing takes long as well. Anyway, I have been using realband, but my preference is band in a box. Using realband after loading my song in biab, then saving an opening the file is really time consuming. It just doesn't make sense to not have a live monitoring input function. It's a software for practicing. I see what you are saying, I just think it makes sense to have that feature in biab.

#150749 - 02/27/12 03:43 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Dallon426]
Robh Offline
Veteran

I agree that it is a cool feature to have especially for what you are doing with the program.

I use Realtrack all the time, and yes they open in RB after being created in BiaB. It tkae a few seconds sometimes a minute, as they have to regenerate, but once the process is done it doesn't have to do it again. I love BiaB, but once i have a song built, i don't go back to BiaB, RB has way to many tools. I practice in RB, it does not have to regenerate every time, just once.

#150750 - 02/28/12 06:52 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Dallon426]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
I bought a behringer mixer that has main and aux outs. I send both outputs to my studio monitors, amp or PA. BIAB output goes to main and my playalong goes to AUX.

This lets you play along in realtime, and it offers some other advanatages too. You have knobs to adjust volume for each part. If the mixer has effects, you can add an overlay of reverb to everything to smooth out the slight differences in sound inherent to real tracks, MIDi and your own playing,

This is a solution you can implement today without having to wait for a program change.

#150751 - 03/03/12 10:07 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Pat Marr]
Dallon426 Offline

I have been practicing at school through an amp. Which makes due for the meantime. Still I hope they give us this feature

#150752 - 03/11/12 04:52 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Dallon426]
rodipoet Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Netherlands
Dallon,
You have my vote, I miss Biab input monitoring too. Every Daw I know has that option, so why would biab be an exception? Loading in Realband works but it costs a few minutes per song to make it ready for playing. A waste of time.

Biab 2017, Sonar x3, Komplete, Win 10,64, Akai EIE pro interface

#150753 - 03/13/12 06:37 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Dallon426]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:

I don't really care about recording, I use a daw to record= Cubase. Realband is incredibly weak compared to Cubase.

So, I think they should focus on developing BIAB with better features, and a more
updated, modern looking interface."

Does anyone know how to get PG Music to respond to this request?

Wow. Your choice of words here is interesting. You insult the product then ask them to dedicate development time specifically to serve your wants.

Metaphorically, that's a bit like saying "*****, you're way inferior to all the other girls I know, so I spend most of my time with them, not you.. And your wardrobe is out of date, you need some better clothes if you expect me to spend any time with you. Now, How can I get you to make dinner for me?"

The point in a request like yours or in my metaphor is not so much about the truth as you see it, as it is about having the good sense not to insult the person you are about to ask for a favor.

#150754 - 03/14/12 02:25 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Pat Marr]
Robh Offline
Veteran

"Does anyone know how to get PG Music to respond to this request? "

Yeah stand on your head wiggle your ears, and hold your breath. When you start to see pink mice your getting close!

It is constantly funny how folks call out RB as weak. I dare them to generate one freakin' RT or RD with Cubase, let alone generate a midi track from a style! Weak my shiny back side!

Sure Cubase is far older, and more mature in SOME areas. The facts is Cubase is weak in the audio/midi generation development.

#150755 - 04/02/12 02:43 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Robh]
Dallon426 Offline

Why would I need to generate tracks? I am a musician, I record my own tracks, I just like to practice with chord changes when I am not with other people.

#150756 - 04/02/12 05:22 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Dallon426]
Robh Offline
Veteran

If you record all your own tracks, you are right you do not need track generation. Also you can use any DAW you want since none of the fancy features are needed. So i see why you want this in BiaB.

Rodipoet, RB is only slow on the first generation, after that it can be quite fast to re open any song.

#150757 - 04/05/12 08:59 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Robh]
kje Offline

It`s stupid that BIAB don`t have direct input monitoring!!

This is a REALLY REALLY important, obvious and essential point.

Please give us DIRECT INPUT MONITORING.

#150758 - 04/06/12 11:47 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: kje]
KeithS Offline
Expert

Loc: Mobile, Alabama
Quote:

It`s stupid that BIAB don`t have direct input monitoring!!

Don't you mean "It's stupid that BIAB doesn't have" ?
Windows 7 64 Bit, SONAR Platinum, Sony Vegas 13, Acid 7, Sony Audio Master Suite, Waves Horizon Bundle, Izotope Ozone 7 Advanced

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows - Build 467 Patch Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows customers can install the latest patch update (Build 467) here.

Added: Several requested 'genre' user categories in the StylePicker.
Changed: "Tempo/Pitch Stretching Quality" now defaults to medium instead of low.
Fixed: "No Loop (WAV) chosen for this track" would display for some tracks in the Create Multi-Drums dialog.
Fixed: An "out of memory" error would occur in very long songs with lots of RealTracks. Some tracks would be silent when this happened. This might still happen, but the song size limit has doubled.
Fixed: Booting up Band-in-a-Box by double-clicking on a song file would cause any song-based RealTracks to be removed.
Fixed: Drag and drop would not extract the selected region on the chord sheet.
Fixed: If there were any style changes in a song, the Bar Settings layer would display "Style changes" on any bar that had any other type of changes (eg tempo, volume).
Fixed: Sometimes RealTracks would play a dominant 7th chord for plain major triad song chords.
Fixed: The Event List editor window would only work for the Melody or Soloist tracks.
Improved: Elastique has been updated from version 3.1.8 to 3.1.11.

RealTracks Patch Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 users can download the latest RealTracks patch here.

This patch includes RealTracks and MIDI SuperTracks updates we have made since the previous March 22 patch. The files updated are largely those that were released with Band-in-a-Box® 2017, although there are updates to some earlier ones as well.

Summary of changes:
Added: Guitar, Nylon, Rhythm AndesHuayno Ev16 085 now has complete transcriptions Added and can be viewed in the notation or lead sheet window.
Fixed: _BHALSA (Waltz) Style was not set to ¾ time, and now uses a more appropriate Bass
Fixed: _BLUESKY.STY mistakenly had drums in style.
Fixed: _CASUALE Style mistakenly included MIDI Guitar and Strings tracks.
Fixed: _RAMPART Style Demo mistakenly had the Master Volume turned way up.
Fixed: =JOLEO_B did not allow user volume changes
Fixed: Bass, Electric, RockPickedA-B Ev 165 and RT 2589 Bass, Electric, PunkFuzzPickedA-B Ev 165 had timing issues with some of the riffs.
Fixed: Charango, Rhythm AndesHuayno Ev16 085 was not playing sus chords.
Fixed: Guitar, Electric, Soloist JazzRock16thsJon Ev16 090 and RT2605 Guitar, Electric, Soloist JazzRockShuffleJon Sw 130 now have Hi-Q transcriptions. Now when the tablature or notation is viewed it will be more accurate and include bends, slides and other improvements.
Fixed: Loop file 'Trance - kit3beat135b ev16 tempo' was missing.
Fixed: NashvilleBrushesEasyBluegrass had the wrong audition demos.
Fixed: Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm TrainBeatMike12-key Ev 16 090 was playing some slash chords.
Fixed: RealTracks Audition files for "Roadhouse" Resonator Guitar were mixed up.
Fixed: Some direct input files were mislabeled for the RealTracks style 'Guitar, Electric, Rhythm NewOrleansMardiGras Ev16 085'.
Fixed: Some direct input files were missing for the RealTracks style 'Guitar, Electric, Soloist GypsyClassicQuinn Sw 220'.
Fixed: Some small memo typos Fixed including _RESFOLK* _RESWALZ* _BLUESKY*
Fixed: Some style mistakenly specified held chords for tracks. E.G. _NOCARES, _SONGBRD, _SOULPOP, _DAYSEND, _CARRYON
Fixed: The endings were not working properly in the A substyle for two variations in the RealDrums DrivingPop8ths^.
Fixed: The notation subdivision for the RealStyle _ASTRAL.STY was previously incorrect, and has been Fixed.
Fixed: The RealTrack that use Shots and Holds 345 were playing some incorrect chords
Improved: Over 90 RealTracks and MIDI SuperTracks have had the option for a 'Simple' arrangement Added. Now these RealTracks will play without embellishment when the Simple option is selected in the RealTracks picker.
Improved: More than 20 RealTracks now have Transcriptions enabled and the Simple option available.
Improved: Pianohld.sty has been improved, with better voice leading for the held piano.

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac - Build 180 Patch Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac customers can install the latest patch update (Build 180) here.

Added: Several requested 'genre' user categories in the StylePicker.
Added: Web links have been added to the Help menu.
Changed: "Tempo/Pitch Stretching Quality" now defaults to medium instead of low.
Fixed: "Save all tracks as M4A file..." was missing from the Master context menu.
Fixed: Drag and drop would fail if the song title contained a period (eg "Up with the Trees - BGRock.Sty Demo").
Fixed: Drag and drop would fail if the song title contained invalid file name characters (eg slashes).
Fixed: For localized versions, the long style name would be wrong on the main screen.
Fixed: If a flash message was showing, copy/cut/paste commands would not work in dialogs.
Fixed: If there were any style changes in a song, the Bar Settings layer would display "Style changes" on any bar that had any other type of changes (eg tempo, volume).
Fixed: New lines for sections on the chord sheet was not allowed when the song had repeats.
Fixed: Some hints in the Chord Builder were not showing transposed notes, and a % symbol was showing instead.
Fixed: Sometimes RealTracks would play a dominant 7th chord for plain major triad song chords.
Fixed: The Chord Builder would not update to the current bar/beat when re-opening the window.
Fixed: The Play-Loop button (in normal screen mode) was not displaying a check mark.
Fixed: The Play-Loop popup menu was all blank.
Fixed: The popup menus in the Chord Builder were not showing any chord descriptions.
Fixed: The right arrow key would not work in the chord sheet during playback if "MIDI Keyboard Wizard Enabled" was enabled.
Improved: Elastique has been updated from version 3.1.8 to 3.1.11.
Updated: Activation dialog has been improved.

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 French Mac Version Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 apporte quelques 80 nouvelles fonctions tout à fait excitantes! L'écran principal a été redessiné avec une empreinte plus petite, une barre d'outils configurable, un interface avec onglets, une barre de progression, et plus… Les RealTracks sonnent mieux que jamais avec une qualité améliorée de stretching et transposition (Elastique 3), de meilleures transitions dans les phrases et des arrangements naturels. Une nouvelle fonction apprentissage "Woodshedding" appelée RealTracks 12-clés Guitare de Brent Mason jouée dans les 12 tonalités avec une Notation/Tablature précise (Hi-Q)s idéale pour l'étude et l'apprentissage. La Notation Guitare Tab été améliorée avec l'affichage graphique des bends, hammer-ons, pull-offs et slides. Un nouveau synthétiseur sforzando SFZ est désormais inclus. La Notation est améliorée avec une saisie de notation rapide pour guitare et piano et la disponibilité d'une grande Chrono. Et bien d'autres !

www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Italian Mac Version Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 presenta quindi oltre 80 nuove eccitanti funzionalità!
La schermata principale è stata ridisegnata per occupare meno spazio, le barre degli strumenti sono ora configurabili dall'utente, c'è un'interfaccia a schede, una barra di avanzamento, e altro ancora. I RealTracks suonano meglio che mai con allungamento e trasposizione di migliore qualità (Elastique 3), migliori frasi di passaggio, e modalità naturali. Miglioramenti del Looping per il "Woodshedding" - il comando "L" per le ripetizioni rapide, Auto-Ripetizioni Avanzate, e ripetizioni con il silenziamento automatico. Miglioramenti dello StylePicker con le categorie degli utenti, gli elenchi personalizzati, lo stile di riferimento per l'ordinamento, i memo personalizzati, e operazioni più veloci. E' stato incluso un nuovo Sintetizzatore Sforzando SFZ. La Notazione è migliorata con l'inserimento rapido della musica per chitarra e per pianoforte e una bella linea del tempo gialla. E tanto altro ancora!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=it

YouTube Find - The Prisoner's Dilemna #FlashbackFriday

Check this out...

One of our customers used Band-in-a-Box to create some backing tracks for stop action videos illustrating two famous social dilemmas: The Prisoner's Dilemma and The Braess Paradox

Video - The Prisoner's Dilemma
Video - The Braess Paradox

Creative and informative!

(not a recent find - embracing the trending #FlashbackFriday)

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 German Mac Version Available!

Band-in-a-Box 2017 für Macintosh ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben 80 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten mit 202 RealTracks, 34 MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, 12-Tonarten Hi-Q Gitarren-Notation, wiederentdeckte RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks Styles, einen neuen Synthesizer (sforzando) und über 120 neue RealStyles! Wir haben 202 neue RealTracks hinzugefügt, doppelt so viele, wie wir früheren Versionen in der Vergangenheit veröffentlicht haben! Es gibt ein neues Instrumental Studien Set mit 12-Tonarten Hi-Q Gitarren-Notation Tabulatur. Einige frühere RealTracks wurden erneut abgemischt um die Klangqualität zu erhöhen. Wir haben auch über 120 neue RealStyles, dies sind neue Styles, die neue RealTracks und Schleifen verwenden. Diese beinhalten großartige Crooner Bossa, Crooner Ballade, Brent/Mike Blues, Hawaii-, Mexiko-, Peru-Styles, Power Trios, House, Hip-Hop, Rap, keltische Harfe, Retro 60iger, und mehr!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Forum Stats
26204 Members
50 Forums
46614 Topics
379432 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
WILSON JON, Clereic, him-midi, Clive0555, musicr

26204 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 149