Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#150744 - 02/22/12 09:09 AM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Dallon426]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
This is the forum for request, and they read this, so if it is on the list of improvements they will consider it.

As far as it taking time to move to RB, what method are you using? Have you tried just opening a BiaB file in RB? that is the fast way.

I disagree that RB is weak compared to Cubase or any DAW. I have both Reaper and Sonar, and while they are more feature rich, RB can hold it's own and is far deeper than most originaly think. You can do so much more than the surface shows. Maybe the big names have deep tool conventional tool sets, but a lot of that is never used, by the average user.

I see PG focusing on a tool set that is unique, and really useful. Cubase, Sonar, Reaper, Logic, or no other DAW on the market can generate realtracks, and when you think about it, in Rb you can create in Midi, Audio, Realtracks, RealDrums, and now loops. Not the traditional paint in loops like Acid, or garageband, but actual loop generation, opening up the whole world of sound to you. Anything you can record as a wave file loop, you can turn into a full track.

As far a focusing on BiaB, rather than RB, you would find a lot of disagreement here with that view. RB is a direct result of the request of many users here, a melding of BiaB with Powertracks. It is IMHO just a upgraded automation system, and a couple upgrades in the VSTi handling away from rocking with the big boys. RB is not weak, it is powerful in other ways that no other DAW can touch, and it still has the ability to do 95% of the basic stuff the more traditional programs do.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#150745 - 02/25/12 11:17 PM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Robh]
Dallon426 Offline

I am using real tracks, that is why it takes so long.

I have found some ways to work around, but it is time consuming to export, then import in realband. Anyway, I am patiently waiting for PG music to have add this feature in a future update Right PG MUSIC?

#150746 - 02/26/12 08:26 AM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Dallon426]
Robh Offline
Veteran

I don't understand still the time to export/import. That is totally unnecessary, RB opens up BiaB files and it takes literally seconds here. There is no need to export, just save the file, and open RB, and open the file there. It will take a few seconds to generate the tracks and then you just go from there.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#150747 - 02/26/12 08:32 AM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Dallon426]
Tommyc Offline
Expert

Not much time if you consider that a whole band and all their tracks are being created. Once you save as a RB seq it loads immediately.

#150748 - 02/27/12 02:40 AM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Tommyc]
Dallon426 Offline

not if I am using realtracks, plus transposing takes long as well. Anyway, I have been using realband, but my preference is band in a box. Using realband after loading my song in biab, then saving an opening the file is really time consuming. It just doesn't make sense to not have a live monitoring input function. It's a software for practicing. I see what you are saying, I just think it makes sense to have that feature in biab.

#150749 - 02/27/12 12:43 PM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Dallon426]
Robh Offline
Veteran

I agree that it is a cool feature to have especially for what you are doing with the program.

I use Realtrack all the time, and yes they open in RB after being created in BiaB. It tkae a few seconds sometimes a minute, as they have to regenerate, but once the process is done it doesn't have to do it again. I love BiaB, but once i have a song built, i don't go back to BiaB, RB has way to many tools. I practice in RB, it does not have to regenerate every time, just once.

#150750 - 02/28/12 03:52 AM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Dallon426]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
I bought a behringer mixer that has main and aux outs. I send both outputs to my studio monitors, amp or PA. BIAB output goes to main and my playalong goes to AUX.

This lets you play along in realtime, and it offers some other advanatages too. You have knobs to adjust volume for each part. If the mixer has effects, you can add an overlay of reverb to everything to smooth out the slight differences in sound inherent to real tracks, MIDi and your own playing,

This is a solution you can implement today without having to wait for a program change.

#150751 - 03/03/12 07:07 PM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Pat Marr]
Dallon426 Offline

I have been practicing at school through an amp. Which makes due for the meantime. Still I hope they give us this feature

#150752 - 03/11/12 12:52 AM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Dallon426]
rodipoet Online   content
Apprentice

Loc: Netherlands
Dallon,
You have my vote, I miss Biab input monitoring too. Every Daw I know has that option, so why would biab be an exception? Loading in Realband works but it costs a few minutes per song to make it ready for playing. A waste of time.

#150753 - 03/13/12 03:37 AM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Dallon426]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:

I don't really care about recording, I use a daw to record= Cubase. Realband is incredibly weak compared to Cubase.

So, I think they should focus on developing BIAB with better features, and a more
updated, modern looking interface."

Does anyone know how to get PG Music to respond to this request?

Wow. Your choice of words here is interesting. You insult the product then ask them to dedicate development time specifically to serve your wants.

Metaphorically, that's a bit like saying "*****, you're way inferior to all the other girls I know, so I spend most of my time with them, not you.. And your wardrobe is out of date, you need some better clothes if you expect me to spend any time with you. Now, How can I get you to make dinner for me?"

The point in a request like yours or in my metaphor is not so much about the truth as you see it, as it is about having the good sense not to insult the person you are about to ask for a favor.

#150754 - 03/13/12 11:25 PM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Pat Marr]
Robh Offline
Veteran

"Does anyone know how to get PG Music to respond to this request? "

Yeah stand on your head wiggle your ears, and hold your breath. When you start to see pink mice your getting close!

It is constantly funny how folks call out RB as weak. I dare them to generate one freakin' RT or RD with Cubase, let alone generate a midi track from a style! Weak my shiny back side!

Sure Cubase is far older, and more mature in SOME areas. The facts is Cubase is weak in the audio/midi generation development.

#150755 - 04/02/12 11:43 AM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Robh]
Dallon426 Offline

Why would I need to generate tracks? I am a musician, I record my own tracks, I just like to practice with chord changes when I am not with other people.

#150756 - 04/02/12 02:22 PM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Dallon426]
Robh Offline
Veteran

If you record all your own tracks, you are right you do not need track generation. Also you can use any DAW you want since none of the fancy features are needed. So i see why you want this in BiaB.

Rodipoet, RB is only slow on the first generation, after that it can be quite fast to re open any song.

#150757 - 04/05/12 05:59 PM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: Robh]
kje Offline

It`s stupid that BIAB don`t have direct input monitoring!!

This is a REALLY REALLY important, obvious and essential point.

Please give us DIRECT INPUT MONITORING.

#150758 - 04/06/12 08:47 AM Re: This is a must, LIVE INPUT MONITORING:))))))))))) !!! [Re: kje]
KeithS Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Mobile, Alabama
Quote:

It`s stupid that BIAB don`t have direct input monitoring!!

Don't you mean "It's stupid that BIAB doesn't have" ?
Windows 8 64 Bit, SONAR X3, Sony Vegas 12, Acid 7, Sony Audio Master Suite, Waves Horizon Bundle, Izotope Ozone 5.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box 2014

You've bought Band-in-a-Box 2014 and you're ready to start using the program! After you install the program you will be prompted to activate Band-in-a-Box within 30 days. This can be done over the Internet or by phone. Watch how to activate your Band-in-a-Box 2014 here.

Video - RealBand: Batch File Convert

With RealBand 2014 you can save lots of time by batch converting your various audio files, RealBand SEQ files, or Band-in-a-Box song files to an audio format of your choice. Watch the video to see how fast and easy you can do this.

User To User Video Tutorials

Have you made a video tutorial about a PG Music product? Why not share it! The User to User Video Tutorials page is where you can pass along helpful information to other PG Music users.

Sharing Your Band-in-a-Box Songs

You've just finished arranging your song in Band-in-a-Box and now you want to share it. Maybe you want to send it to your mom for Mother's Day; or to your band mates or students for practicing. There are a number of ways to share your Band-in-a-Box song!

Video: Adding RealTracks To Your Band-in-a-Box Song

Watch how you can add great sounding backing tracks to your Band-in-a-Box song here.

RealTracks Artist Ron Carter - Recent Interview

Read the recent interview "Finding The Right Notes: Ron Carter, Celebrating a Living Legend" here.

Band-in-a-Box: Chord Shortcuts Video

Use the easy shortcuts in this YouTube Video to enter chords for your Band-in-a-Box song! You'll also learn how to create your own custom shortcuts!

Forum Stats
21845 Members
41 Forums
28762 Topics
226699 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
jklmno414256, Banjo800, rodtod11, beantsidhu, pqrstu567745

21844 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Mac 160
dani48 105