You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#151650 - 02/26/12 03:57 PM [User Showcase] If you have 3'33 to spare
mglinert Offline
Expert

Loc: France, but I'm an ex-pat Brit
An instrumental, Olympic Dream, which I put together exclusively on PTPA. No Biab. No Real Tracks.
I could imagine it being used as a tv theme for a sports programme (this summer’s Olympic Games, maybe) but I guess I’m the only one!

On a more realistic level, there must be video production companies etc. who need original music for their corporate films etc. If anyone has any useful leads for how to sell an instrumental piece like this, I would appreciate it.

I did think about adding lyrics and a vocal, but I found that the piece didn’t really lend itself to that kind of thing.

I’d be grateful as ever for any feedback and suggestions.

Thanks for listening.

Marc

#151651 - 02/26/12 04:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: If you have 3'33 to spare [Re: mglinert]
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Long Beach California. United ...
Hi Marc,

Catchy tune. I enjoyed listening.
I hear this tune as more of a newage piece or like you said background for a corporate presentation or even background for an info commercial.
Sorry, have no leads for ya. If I did, I'd be taking advantage of them myself. LOL.
I enjoy writing this type of music myself.

Tim

#151652 - 02/26/12 06:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: If you have 3'33 to spare [Re: Tim Lawrence]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Sounds like a pretty good composition to me. It might be a little too "midi" sounding to compete in the marketplace, though. You are going up against skilled folks that have laid out the big bucks for top of the line hardware and software sound modules.

But it is a good composition. If it is all in midi, maybe you can go to a pro studio or audio shop and see how much it would cost to have them use their tools to make the output audio file.

Kevin

#151653 - 02/27/12 08:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: If you have 3'33 to spare [Re: Kemmrich]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Marc,

Nice composition. I agree with Kevin, it does sound a little too midi. (Not to stir up any more midi controversy! I think midi can be very tastefully used, with the right instrumentation.)

Thanks for sharing this.

Steve

PG Music News
Vote for Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - We've Been Nominated for a 2018 SOS Award!

We are still over the moon with being nominated as one of the Music Software products for the 2018 SOS Awards!

If you haven't had a chance to look over the nominees and place your vote, head to https://www.soundonsound.com/sos-awards - but hurry... the polls are only open until 23:59 PST on November 30th! (Winners will be annouced at the Winter NAMM show in January.)

The SOS Awards are held annually by Sound On Sound, these awards celebrate a number of products launched within the last year, including categories like Audio Interface, DAW, Guitar Technology, Music Software, and more - the winners are chosen by the readers, and people just like you! To learn more about the SOS awards, click here.

SOS voting rules are available here.

Sound On Sound Awards - a list of 2017 Winners.

The Beginners Forum - Great Tool for New Band-in-a-Box® Users!

If you're new to Band-in-a-Box®, and looking for a Forum just for you, check out the Beginner's Forum! This forum is the perfect place to post resources ideal for those starting with the program.

If you're not new to Band-in-a-Box®, that doesn't mean you can't join in the action! Pop over to the Beginners Forum to join in the discussion & share your knowledge too - we have a really supportive & helpful crew on the forums!

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=97&page=1

YouTube Find - COUNTRY ROADS John Denver Band-in-a-Box Backing Track Key G Major

Another great video has been posted by EricBlackmonGuitar, and he uses his Band-in-a-Box beautifully for creating the backing tracks - see for yourself!

YouTube Video - COUNTRY ROADS John Denver Band In A Box Backing Track Key G Major

My Favorite Things - Seemingly Unlimited Flexibility!

We receive user feedback many ways, including our Facebook page, by email or phone, using the Comments tab on our Band-in-a-Box® pages, the My Favorite Things Forum, and more!

Like the great feedback recently posted by Al-David:
"I write and play in quite a few different genres. The flexibility BIAB gives me makes transpositions, from one genre to another, so easy and quick. A number of times I've created a piece, intending it to be a Smooth Jazz or Smooth RnB song. But when I generated the song, it just didn't work in the intended genre.

With a simple click of the Style Picker ... BAM! The song ended up as a pretty decent Pop song. I only had to replace a couple of instruments from the new style and alter a couple of chords..."
(read the full thread here.)

Post your feedback to our Forum - My Favorite Things - we'd love to hear it!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Nominated for a 2018 SOS Award!

We're so excited that Band-in-a-Box® 2017 has been nominated as one of the Music Software products for the 2018 SOS Awards!

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to vote! If you haven't had a chance yet, you can vote here... (the polls are open until 23:59 PST on November 30th)

Winners will be announced at the Winter NAMM show in January, 2018.

What are the SOS awards? Held annually by Sound On Sound, these awards celebrate a number of products launched within the last year, including categories like Audio Interface, DAW, Guitar Technology, Music Software, and more - the winners are chosen by the readers, and people just like you! To learn more about the SOS awards, click here.

SOS voting rules are available here.

Happy National Saxophone Day!

Happy Birthday to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone! Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he pantended his saxophone creation!

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Plus, we have more than 180 Saxophone RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box by the following RealTracks Artists:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

We have more than 30 different RealTracks Sets that include Saxophone RealTracks - for a complete list, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2017 for Windows Patch Update 470 Available!

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2017 for Windows users can download the latest patch, Build 470, here: www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#470

Summary of changes for Version 2017 Build 470:
Fixed: The RealDrums Picker was opening slowly.

This patch will update any build of 2017 for Windows, and will include all updates and fixes applied with earlier patches.

Forum Stats
26612 Members
50 Forums
48188 Topics
394889 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Eddie C, renew, Diamondking, trooper, arman101

26612 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 223
Al-David 188