You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#151650 - 02/26/12 12:57 PM If you have 3'33 to spare
mglinert Offline
Expert

Loc: France, but I'm an ex-pat Brit
An instrumental, Olympic Dream, which I put together exclusively on PTPA. No Biab. No Real Tracks.
I could imagine it being used as a tv theme for a sports programme (this summer’s Olympic Games, maybe) but I guess I’m the only one!

On a more realistic level, there must be video production companies etc. who need original music for their corporate films etc. If anyone has any useful leads for how to sell an instrumental piece like this, I would appreciate it.

I did think about adding lyrics and a vocal, but I found that the piece didn’t really lend itself to that kind of thing.

I’d be grateful as ever for any feedback and suggestions.

Thanks for listening.

Marc

#151651 - 02/26/12 01:47 PM Re: If you have 3'33 to spare [Re: mglinert]
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Long Beach California. United ...
Hi Marc,

Catchy tune. I enjoyed listening.
I hear this tune as more of a newage piece or like you said background for a corporate presentation or even background for an info commercial.
Sorry, have no leads for ya. If I did, I'd be taking advantage of them myself. LOL.
I enjoy writing this type of music myself.

Tim

#151652 - 02/26/12 03:11 PM Re: If you have 3'33 to spare [Re: Tim Lawrence]
Kemmrich Online   content
Expert

Sounds like a pretty good composition to me. It might be a little too "midi" sounding to compete in the marketplace, though. You are going up against skilled folks that have laid out the big bucks for top of the line hardware and software sound modules.

But it is a good composition. If it is all in midi, maybe you can go to a pro studio or audio shop and see how much it would cost to have them use their tools to make the output audio file.

Kevin

#151653 - 02/27/12 05:03 PM Re: If you have 3'33 to spare [Re: Kemmrich]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Marc,

Nice composition. I agree with Kevin, it does sound a little too midi. (Not to stir up any more midi controversy! I think midi can be very tastefully used, with the right instrumentation.)

Thanks for sharing this.

Steve

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Labor Day Weekend - We're Still Here!

It's the last long weekend of the summer, and we hope everyone enjoys it!

Don't let the long weekend fool you though - we're still going to be here for all your sales and tech needs!

Monday - Friday: 6:00AM to 8:00PM PST (GMT -8)
Saturday: 8:00AM to 6:00PM PST (GMT -8)
Sunday: 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST (GMT -8)
http://www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Purchase Site Licenses and LabPAKs for Band-in-a-Box!

Interested in purchasing Band-in-a-Box to use in your school? We offer special pricing when purchasing five or more installations! Click here to see the options available.

Troy Brenningmeyer - Another GREAT Lap Steel Lessons with Band-in-a-Box Backing Tracks!

Band-in-a-Box is a great tool when you're learning to play ANY instrument! Watch as Troy Brenningmeyer uses Band-in-a-Box as a backing track while teaching a Lap Steel Lesson: http://youtu.be/ofrk4lI4Msg

The Audio Chord Wizard - a GREAT Band-in-a-Box Feature!

The Audio Chord Wizard is an amazing feature of Band-in-a-Box that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file! What a great way to learn a song, or create your own version of one of your favorite songs!
Watch the Audio Chord Wizard YouTube Video.

The Italian Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 per Macintosh è qui con più di 50 nuove funzioni interessanti.
http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=it

RealTracks Artist Phil Woods @ The Detroit Jazz Festival!

The Phil Woods Quintet performs Saturday at The Detroit Jazz Festival!

Click here for event information.

The French Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 pour Macintosh comporte plus de 50 nouveautés cool!
http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Forum Stats
21968 Members
38 Forums
29843 Topics
237621 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
Haim Hirshman, holyboy70, Jimboleenus, fc46, klmnop584246

21967 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 121