You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#151650 - 02/26/12 12:57 PM If you have 3'33 to spare
mglinert Offline
Expert

Loc: France, but I'm an ex-pat Brit
An instrumental, Olympic Dream, which I put together exclusively on PTPA. No Biab. No Real Tracks.
I could imagine it being used as a tv theme for a sports programme (this summer’s Olympic Games, maybe) but I guess I’m the only one!

On a more realistic level, there must be video production companies etc. who need original music for their corporate films etc. If anyone has any useful leads for how to sell an instrumental piece like this, I would appreciate it.

I did think about adding lyrics and a vocal, but I found that the piece didn’t really lend itself to that kind of thing.

I’d be grateful as ever for any feedback and suggestions.

Thanks for listening.

Marc

#151651 - 02/26/12 01:47 PM Re: If you have 3'33 to spare [Re: mglinert]
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Long Beach California. United ...
Hi Marc,

Catchy tune. I enjoyed listening.
I hear this tune as more of a newage piece or like you said background for a corporate presentation or even background for an info commercial.
Sorry, have no leads for ya. If I did, I'd be taking advantage of them myself. LOL.
I enjoy writing this type of music myself.

Tim

#151652 - 02/26/12 03:11 PM Re: If you have 3'33 to spare [Re: Tim Lawrence]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Sounds like a pretty good composition to me. It might be a little too "midi" sounding to compete in the marketplace, though. You are going up against skilled folks that have laid out the big bucks for top of the line hardware and software sound modules.

But it is a good composition. If it is all in midi, maybe you can go to a pro studio or audio shop and see how much it would cost to have them use their tools to make the output audio file.

Kevin

#151653 - 02/27/12 05:03 PM Re: If you have 3'33 to spare [Re: Kemmrich]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Marc,

Nice composition. I agree with Kevin, it does sound a little too midi. (Not to stir up any more midi controversy! I think midi can be very tastefully used, with the right instrumentation.)

Thanks for sharing this.

Steve

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Stuart Duncan - Upcoming Performances!

RealTracks Artist Stuart Duncan will be performing with Noam Pikelny between May-July and again in October-November of this year... if you find yourself nearby, be sure to check out their performances!
Click here for more information.

Video - Band-in-a-Box: Selecting a Specific MIDI Track

Watch this video to learn how to pick specific parts of MIDI styles, such as bass or drums, and add them to your song in Band-in-a-Box.
Watch video.

RealTracks Artist Ron Carter Goes on Tour!

The Golden Striker Trio Tour starts in a few days - taking Ron Carter to destinations that include Germany, Lithuania, and various cities within the USA.

Take A Look At What We Found!

Do you recognize one of the programs in this "Meet Jazz Sax Man - Elias Haslanger" video by Dell?!

Video - How to Search for and Replace Chords in Band-in-a-Box

Replacing chords in your Band-in-a-Box song is easy! Watch our "How to Search for and Replace Chords in Band-in-a-Box" video and you'll see!

Video - Band-in-a-Box Medley Maker

RealTracks medleys are special groups of RealTracks that play in sequence. Watch this video to learn how you can make your very own RealTracks medleys in Band-in-a-Box.

RealTracks, RealDrums & MIDI SuperTracks Patch

There is a new general maintenance patch for RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI SuperTracks. Not only does the patch includes all of the recent fixes and enhancements for files shipped in 2013 and 2014, we've also added "Simple" variations to hundreds more previously released RealTracks. For more information and to download the patch click here.

Forum Stats
21887 Members
41 Forums
28837 Topics
227302 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
hikinrocker, jgriffith, Ecommerce, gephil, Jensen91

21886 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Mac 102
dani48 97