You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#151650 - 02/26/12 12:57 PM If you have 3'33 to spare
mglinert Offline
Expert

Loc: France, but I'm an ex-pat Brit
An instrumental, Olympic Dream, which I put together exclusively on PTPA. No Biab. No Real Tracks.
I could imagine it being used as a tv theme for a sports programme (this summer’s Olympic Games, maybe) but I guess I’m the only one!

On a more realistic level, there must be video production companies etc. who need original music for their corporate films etc. If anyone has any useful leads for how to sell an instrumental piece like this, I would appreciate it.

I did think about adding lyrics and a vocal, but I found that the piece didn’t really lend itself to that kind of thing.

I’d be grateful as ever for any feedback and suggestions.

Thanks for listening.

Marc

#151651 - 02/26/12 01:47 PM Re: If you have 3'33 to spare [Re: mglinert]
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Long Beach California. United ...
Hi Marc,

Catchy tune. I enjoyed listening.
I hear this tune as more of a newage piece or like you said background for a corporate presentation or even background for an info commercial.
Sorry, have no leads for ya. If I did, I'd be taking advantage of them myself. LOL.
I enjoy writing this type of music myself.

Tim

#151652 - 02/26/12 03:11 PM Re: If you have 3'33 to spare [Re: Tim Lawrence]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Sounds like a pretty good composition to me. It might be a little too "midi" sounding to compete in the marketplace, though. You are going up against skilled folks that have laid out the big bucks for top of the line hardware and software sound modules.

But it is a good composition. If it is all in midi, maybe you can go to a pro studio or audio shop and see how much it would cost to have them use their tools to make the output audio file.

Kevin

#151653 - 02/27/12 05:03 PM Re: If you have 3'33 to spare [Re: Kemmrich]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Marc,

Nice composition. I agree with Kevin, it does sound a little too midi. (Not to stir up any more midi controversy! I think midi can be very tastefully used, with the right instrumentation.)

Thanks for sharing this.

Steve

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Share your UserTracks on our Forum!

An exciting new features of Band-in-a-Box 2014 is the ability to make UserTracks, which can be used just like any RealTracks!

We've created a tutorial to help you get started with UserTracks: Make a Band-in-a-Box UserTrack in under 10 minutes!

Once you've finished, feel free to share your creation on our UserTracks Forum.

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows - 13 Languages Available!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows is available in thirteen different languages!

Select the following page for a complete list of the translations available: http://www.bandinabox.com

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows Patch Update Available

Do you own Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows? Make sure to download the latest patch update 384!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 German Patch for Windows

Existing Band-in-a-Box 2014 customers who'd like to use the German version can download the latest language patch here.

RealTracks Artist John Jorgenson - A Busy Man!

Interested in seeing RealTracks artist John Jorgenson perform? There's plenty of opportunities coming up! Take a look at his schedule: http://www.johnjorgenson.com/index.php/tour/

Stay in Touch on Facebook and Twitter!

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter and you'll be the first to know about specials, new releases, contests and other exciting PG Music Inc. announcements!

Band-in-a-Box Tutorials & How-To's!

Want to learn more about your Band-in-a-Box? Like how to make your own UserTracks or the steps for downloading and installing RealTracks? Head to our Tutorials & How-To's page!

Forum Stats
22438 Members
38 Forums
29442 Topics
234010 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
playthelyric, Coolsmart06, Hkahn117, hifijohn, 1157

22438 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
dani48 92
Guitarhacker 90