You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#151931 - 02/29/12 11:19 AM Former Monkees singer Davy Jones dies at age 66
Don Gaynor Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Sad news for Brit rockers and the music world in general.

#151932 - 02/29/12 11:21 AM Re: Former Monkees singer Davy Jones dies at age 66 [Re: Don Gaynor]
MikeK Offline
Expert

Loc: Buford, GA (via Germany)
Yes, just heard about it as well. He was only 66. Sad indeed.

My Music * PC: Avatar FX8366ice AMD FX-8350(4.0GHz) 16GB DDR3 2TB HDD+128GB SSD HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Windows 8 64-Bit. BIAB/RB 2014.

#151933 - 02/29/12 11:28 AM Re: Former Monkees singer Davy Jones dies at age 66 [Re: MikeK]
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Long Beach California. United ...
Just read about his death on another list.
Loved that show when I was a kid.

66 is too young these days.

Tim

Tim

#151934 - 02/29/12 03:31 PM Re: Former Monkees singer Davy Jones dies at age 66 [Re: Tim Lawrence]
ROG Offline
Expert

Loc: York, England
Yes, it's so sad to go at 66.

I look back on the Monkees with affection.

ROG.

#151935 - 02/29/12 04:07 PM Re: Former Monkees singer Davy Jones dies at age 66 [Re: ROG]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
yeah , and he still looked very good, seemed healthy, go to show "ya jist nevah know"
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#151936 - 03/01/12 01:46 AM Re: Former Monkees singer Davy Jones dies at age 66 [Re: Robh]
martin57 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Manchester UK
I'm sad to hear this news too. I did like their songs and show.

The way I look at it is ages wise is,
1/3 of life is up to 25
2/3 is 25-50
Last 3 is 50-70
Anything after 70 is Bonus years. All this talk of a lot of us living to 100 is in my opinion nonsense, take a walk around any cemetery and its surprising how many go around the 70 mark.

Middle age is approx 40-60
Old or senior age starts at 60-65 (though I read once that scientists said that if they had to define an age that old age starts at they would pick 50!) I guess that would put me at the start of old age then.

Martin

#151937 - 03/01/12 08:26 AM Re: Former Monkees singer Davy Jones dies at age 66 [Re: martin57]
Don Gaynor Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
At the risk of bringing the bible into this discussion, albeit tangentially: "The years of a man are seventy years except if special mightiness, eighty years!" Science and medicine have done very little to change that. I expect someone to argue the point but when you factor in drug-related death; wars; and abortion the average is closer to forty years as it was a century ago.

I turn 71 this month so I am on borrowed time...slightly overdrawn on my account, so to speak.

Edited by Don Gaynor (03/01/12 08:30 AM)

#151938 - 03/01/12 09:30 AM Re: Former Monkees singer Davy Jones dies at age 66 [Re: Don Gaynor]
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Long Beach California. United ...
Well hell by that reckoning Don I'm actually doing pretty good then.
I'm 59, so I guess I've beat the odds so far. LOL.
Actually don't really worry too much about death. Everything dies, even this planet and our sun eventually.
Death is just as natural as living Imo.

Tim

#151939 - 03/03/12 06:34 AM Re: Former Monkees singer Davy Jones dies at age 66 [Re: Tim Lawrence]
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
So, to bring some levity to an unfortunate passing....

Saw this post on Facebook:

"So when she told me that he had passed I was shocked. But when I saw her face, I said 'Hey now I'm a bereaver.'"

-Scott

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Video - Downloading songs from a Mac to your iPhone

Watch this video to learn more about downloading songs to an iPhone from your desktop Mac over a WiFi connection.
Video: Downloading songs from a Mac to your iPhone

Dare to Compare - MIDI Synths and RealTracks

Interested in comparing various MIDI software and hardware synths with each other, and with RealTracks? Check out our Dare to Compare page! Here you can listen to the differences between the Coyote WT, Roland VSC, Cakewalk TTS, Coyote Forte, Roland SD-20, Roland SC-155 and the Ketron SD2 Orchestral Wizard!

RealTracks Artist Kenny Barron Istanbul Performance!

Kenny Barron teams up with Dave Holland for his latest performance in Istanbul! The performance is being held on Friday, October 31st - Click here to learn more about this event.

For a complete list of Kenny's upcoming performances, visit http://kennybarron.com/itinerary/

YouTube Playlist - Tips & Tricks

There's so much Band-in-a-Box can do! Our YouTube Channel: Tips & Tricks playlist takes an in-depth look at many of the features of Band-in-a-Box, offering tips and tricks to help you get the most out of the program!

Video - Woodshedding with Band-in-a-Box

When practicing (or "woodshedding") a tune, it is useful for the tempo to speed up every time the section loops or the song restarts from the beginning. This video will show you how to practice songs or parts of a song at automatically increasing tempos within Band-in-a-Box. Watch the YouTube Video to learn more!

RealTracks Artists “Jump In” to Fight Cancer

The Time Jumpers will be performing for the inaugural Dawn Sears and Friends Benefit for Lung Cancer Research on November 30th in Gallatin, TN. For more event information, visit: http://www.dawnsearsandfriends.com
The Time Jumpers band includes RealTracks Artists Andy Reiss, Jeff Taylor, Kenny Sears & Paul Franklin!

Video - UserTracks Tutorial

A few years ago, PG Music introduced RealTracks - audio tracks that replace the MIDI track for that instrument, and can be controlled just like the MIDI instrument (volume changes, muting etc.). Now with Band-in-a-Box 2014 you have the ability to create your own RealTracks!

To make your own RealTracks, simply record tracks in any DAW, name your UserTracks, and add them to the UserTracks folder in Band-in-a-Box. They are now ready to use, the same as you use other RealTracks! Watch the YouTube Video: UserTracks Tutorial to learn more!

Forum Stats
22153 Members
37 Forums
30463 Topics
243313 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
Bruce Cichowlas, yoharry, jgottlied, tracywitt, nig

22152 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 161
c_fogle 120