You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
#152375 - 03/03/12 09:11 PM Tascam DR-07mk2 / DR-40
RobbMiller Offline

Loc: Midwest
Anyone here use either of these recorders?

If so, will you please share your experience?

#152376 - 03/05/12 10:22 PM Re: Tascam DR-07mk2 / DR-40 [Re: RobbMiller]
flatfoot Offline

Loc: Sacramento CA
I have the DR-05 and and extremely happy with it.
Flatfoot sez: Call me when 'Talent-in-a-Box' is ready to ship! -- [8{>

Got some tunes on You Tube:
My BiaB lesson site:

#152377 - 03/06/12 08:21 PM Re: Tascam DR-07mk2 / DR-40 [Re: flatfoot]
RobbMiller Offline

I ordered the DR-40. The DR-40 has XLR inputs with phantom power as well as the built in condensers.

The unit should be here tomorrow. I am hoping it will replace my laptop dependent field recorder.

#152378 - 03/07/12 07:56 AM Re: Tascam DR-07mk2 / DR-40 [Re: RobbMiller]
Tommyc Offline

Looks Cool, hope it works for you!

#152379 - 03/16/12 10:23 PM Sound Clips [Re: RobbMiller]
RobbMiller Offline

Here are some sound clips recorded with the unit.

The first clip was recorded in a classroom. The BIAB backing tracks were played back using ch 1/2 while the students were recorded to ch 3/4 using the built-in mics in the a/b configuration. The SmartBoard Speakers were used as monitors. The two .wav tracks were imported to Audacity and mixed for volume. There are no effects added.

The second clip was recorded from the passenger seat of my 20 year old Saturn Wagon using the internal mics in the a/b configuration. The gain was set low to prevent clipping. This is the raw wav file edited for brevity only.

At :18 you can hear the rubber on the pavement. From :30 to :40 you hear passing traffic (the driver's window was open) at :50 you can actually hear the texture of the road change -- this is a rough section just before my subdivision. At 1:00 I am pulling into my drive and at 1:10 you can hear my reason for existence.

PG Music News
Tell Us Your Favorite RealTracks Artist!

When creating your songs in Band-in-a-Box® or RealBand, who is the most common RealTracks Artist you use?

Or... do you find you're sticking with a select few? Perhaps making your own Country band by combining The Time Jumpers members Paul Franklin, Kenny Sears, Andy Reiss, and Jeff Taylor?

What is your favorite RealTracks Artist combination?

Share your favorite RealTracks Artist, or list of RealTracks Artists with us here - don't forget a link to your song (if you have one)!

Ordering Band-in-a-Box® Has Never Been Easier!

When you order any PG Music products directly from (or you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have your order shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to order with the $0 Down Easy Payment Plan - when you choose this payment option you'll pay $0 when you order, with the total of your invoice being split into 4 equal payments charged every 30 days for 4 months after your inital purchase - and there are no additional interest charges or service fees applied!

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® package & order here.
Mac user? Click here to order.

A Look Back: Band-in-a-Box® Macworld 4-Star Rating... for Version 8! #TBT

Band-in-a-Box® has been around a long, long time! Band-in-a-Box® 8 was released in July 1999 - and it received a 4-Star Rating from Macworld!

Want to see the award? Click here to load the image.

Read the latest review of Band-in-a-Box® (2015) from Macworld here.

Eric Blackmon's Tutorial: How To Play A Guitar Solo...

Band-in-a-Box Endorsing Artist Eric Blackmon uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks with a lot of his online lesson videos, including the recently uploaded How To Play A Guitar Solo With 2 Frets In Any Key!

Click here to watch the video for this lesson.

Get to Know Endorsing Artist Robert Conti

Enthusiastic Endorsing Artist Robert Conti uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks for many of the DVDs that he offers on his website, here:

As an endorser, he has this to say:
It is a genuine pleasure to be associated with PG Music. By eliminating the need for an external tone generator and including a comprehensive array of real combo and orchestral instruments within the software, Band-in-a-Box has once again set a new standard of high quality.
My staff and I are proud to recommend this product to patrons of my learning products, as the opportunity for any aspiring student to practice with an On Call Rhythm Section - 24/7, is immeasurable. Moreover, the sound of real instruments render the support tracks generated by Band-in-a-Box, as ideal for any live performance!

Thanks Robert!

Visit Robert Conti's YouTube Channel to review all of his videos.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2016 - Render Track as ACID Loop!

With PowerTracks Pro Audio 2016, you can render an audio track (a highlighted section or the whole track) as ACID Loop and save it to the BB Loops folder!

Select a track, or section of a track, and choose Render | Export Acid Loop - Highlighted section or entire track to WAV in Loops Folder. Then select a file name and press [Save]. When the message "Successfully rendered the file..." appears, you'll also see a "Acidize this .WAV file" where you can adjust further settings, and press [OK].

Your file will automatically save to the bb\RealTracks\Loops folder, unless you choose a different location when you're assigning a file name.

The Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Mac Special is a Hit!

We've recently added some strong new features to the Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Mac program, including VST plugins and AU (audio unit) support, Hi-Q MIDI instruments, an included VST Guitar Amp Simulator (AmpliTube), and more!

If you're already a 2016 user, you can download the free patch here.

If you're using an older version, and are interested in upgrading to the new 2016 program - now is a GREAT time to upgrade! We're offering up to 50% off on Upgrades: and there are BONUS PAKs too!

Here's a taste of what users like you are saying about the new 2016 version:
"The HiQ sounds sound great! This is a huge update for the Mac version!"
"Wow, amazing! Nice work, PGMusic. The Mac version is really catching up. Thanks!"
"The capabilities of the new Band-in-a-box is really impressive!"
"Congratulations on this fantastic new version!"

Forum Stats
25278 Members
45 Forums
41806 Topics
335647 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
CaVero0, Jose Fernando, riley2016, 6262, james efos

25278 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)