Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#141153 - 01/30/12 12:31 PM Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: jazzmammal]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Not a problem!

ps I was really impressed by Peter's answer. Several had seconded my suggestion, and Peter was very thorough in his explanation.
BIAB 2016 for Windows Audiophile, SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, & Encore running on Windows 10 64-bit, i7. Hardware includes a Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20, TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch.

#141154 - 02/03/12 08:03 PM Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: Pat Marr]
FrankK Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Sydney,NSW,Australia
More elaborate and easier insertion of midi strings

I would like to see an easier way to call up, from a ‘midi’ string menu accompaniment for a given tune that would have a more elaborate background generation of both violin and cello midi parts for a particular style. Not all styles would work of course but those with slower tempos such as ballads etc. would be suitable.

With the availability of VST in BIAB and for example the Garritan Instant Orchestra (GIO) this would be big plus for BIAB development. In my case I use EastWest orchestra sample libraries (and GIO) and these BIAB generated midi tracks can then be used directly in Sonar as a first pass for modification or improvement if required. While I have done this already it would be a big plus if this process were made easier than at present with more elaborate generation and selection as indicated above. This would greatly speed up the whole business of adding more realistic strings to a tune.

#141155 - 02/09/12 09:29 AM Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: PeterGannon]
zokk Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: US Virgin Islands
Dr. Gannon, thanks for asking...Blues all styles. walking bass...more shuffles I use the existing ones but a lot missing...thanks again for offer to work on more midi styles.

#141156 - 02/13/12 02:09 PM Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: Pat Marr]
alizai786 Offline

nice

#141157 - 02/28/12 09:48 AM Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: Pat Marr]
Wrkit Offline
Enthusiast

There are ongoing discussions on the Yahoo BIAB forum that speak to some issues of the new and improved BIAB, midi wise. I am a old school user of the program, from the Atari platform. Over the years I've upgraded to windows 2009.5, which was the last version I found useful. Unfortunately, the improvements to the basic core (midi wise) have not inspired me to upgrade any further. I basically use BIAB for the scratch pad (notation) and basic midi functionality. If you were to follow some of the suggestions here and on the Yahoo group, you would see there is a genuine interest in a bare bones version of BIAB, especially for those that are just starting out using computer generated or assisted software and those that don’t require all the bells, gongs and whistle audio stuff. For your loyal user base, why not just embellish the basic midi features that the *initial* program was built on, before all the audio enhancements? Less icons or clutter on the menus to do simpler things. Basically, taking what you got, midi wise and upgrading it as you’ve tried to do in the 2012 newer version, but more.

For instance, the style windows could be laid out better. Columns could be wider without having to adjust your display to make everything smaller or more visual. I detest using zoom out to get everything displayed, causing the fonts and options to be smaller. Some of us older users have eye issues now in life...Another thing could be the inability to input more than 4 chords to a measure (better resolutions). Add more chordal options, especially for jazz. As far as the 2000+ BIAB styles, Bob Norton’s products and others that can also be purchased, how about better gui in the grids for making the creation or modifications of styles less complicated or simpler? I know you offer Finale, but what about enhancing the notation aspects of BIAB? Better editing capabilities, in terms of the ability to drag and drop notes and rests a lot smoother. Making ties, articulations, symbols, etc. easier to add and manipulate, much like a scaled down version of Finale, and similar to what BIAB already does, but better.

It was also mentioned about rewrites being more trouble than its worth, but what about all the features for midi that were put on the back burner, to make room for all the audio stuff? For some of us, using dedicated audio software for embellishing sounds is available with some of your other products, and found elsewhere by using either DAWs or other equipment and software.

IMO, BIAB is becoming more top heavy trying to stay relevant, lucrative or competitive with similar products that cater to audio. There a lot of us loyal users that would love to see just *basic* midi improvements to the program that made pgmusic's BIAB and some of your other products as popular as they have become. In short and as a metaphor, do all of us really need Monster truck wheels (audio) on a ten speed (midi) bike?

FWIW, and still loyal,
Wrk-in-it

#141158 - 03/05/12 04:39 AM Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: jford]
parmstro Offline
Enthusiast

+1 - biggest gripe I have is playing around to get more than 4 chords in a bar.

Plus I like Bob Norton's list a lot.

Edited by parmstro (03/05/12 04:40 AM)

#141159 - 03/05/12 04:18 PM Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: Pat Marr]
rogerbeau Offline
Enthusiast

Well this seem a bit different but I like the way BiaB will start on the first MIDI key. To continue this thought have it end after 1 mesure of no Midi "IN" activity, or enter in to a 1 mesure ending. OK the reason is I play keyboard and use BiaB to support a live singer. I never know when he will end the song, depends on the mode of the crowd. So I have to follow never being able to progam a song end. So I have to smash the space bar as he reaches compleation, this makes for a abrupt stop. Would be nice to hold the last cord for 1 measure (no midi in change) and have BiaB do a 1 measure ending and stop. I use the drums and bass parts in most songs, but some drums only.
Thanks for a great program
roger

#141160 - 03/05/12 07:00 PM Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: rogerbeau]
hub30 Offline

Do not reinvent the wheel. Just give us what you have.

For me, the #1 wish would be to include the StyleWizard functionality on the Mac version, which automatically enables to create a Band-in-a-Box style from a MIDI file. It is a huge time saver – no knowledge of the StyleMaker is required.

It has been available on the Windows version for many years. The only solution so far for a Mac only user, is to buy a Windows computer and buy BIAB Windows version to run it. Not acceptable to me.

#141161 - 03/06/12 02:47 PM Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: My80]
Superbron Offline
Journeyman

Loc: The Netherlands, Europe
Yes please! Bring Hotz technology to Biab, great idea

#141162 - 03/06/12 06:41 PM Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: Superbron]
Kenton Offline

My wish is simple, though I know that its implementation is not. I would like to be able export to Sibelius, a close approximation of whatever is rendered and heard in BiaB.

#141163 - 03/29/12 05:32 PM Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: Kenton]
Sebastian Hetze Offline

Conductor MIDI bindings

I would very much appreciate the possibility to add custom MIDI bindings to the conductor. This would hopefully enable the use of the Behringer FCB1010 foot controller. This device sends C0 xx 00 Program Change messages. It would make perfect sense to map these messages to conductor actions.

BIAB 2015 Win7
RealTracks / Ketron SD4

#141164 - 07/05/12 09:06 PM Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: PeterGannon]
rich in ca Offline
Enthusiast

While Real band allows a given midi track to be output to an available midi port/channel, BBW does not (allow say, drums, piano, etc, midi)as far as I can tell. An example: Using M-audio 4x4, I can (in real band), select port A, B, C, or D, and then (in Port D, also select a channel. Ports A, B, C appear to be limited to one channel, unless I've overlooked something). This would allow BBW users to send various midi instruments (guitar, piano, drums) to a mulit-port midi interface, then on to a particular sound engine, keyboard, etc.

Thanks,

Richard

#141165 - 07/06/12 12:14 AM Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: rich in ca]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
You haven't missed anything; this is one of the main advantages for RealBand over BIAB.

+1 though.
BIAB 2016 for Windows Audiophile, SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, & Encore running on Windows 10 64-bit, i7. Hardware includes a Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20, TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch.

#141166 - 07/15/12 08:27 PM Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: Matt Finley]
1manband Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Jenks, OK
How about a quick, easy way to change the octave on a track? Many times I've wished that a strings part was an octave higher throughout an entire song; the only way I know to do it is to edit the style and do a +12 to each component of the instrument I want to raise up an octave. If it has 4 lines of 5-8 elements in each, it takes awhile and is tedious. It would be wonderful if there were a "Change Octave" control that would allow the user to select -2, -1, +1, +2 for example.

Thanks for asking.

BIAB 2016 buid 434; Dell Inspiron N4110, Windows 7 64 bit, Intel Core i3-2350m running at 2.29 GHz, Memory: 6 GB DDR3, SDRAM 1MHz

#141167 - 08/17/12 09:55 PM Re: Please post MIDI specific ideas here... [Re: 1manband]
Shastastan Offline
Expert

Loc: CA
How about an Undo Button like in Real Band? Couldn't you use the same code that you already have written? Thanks.

Stan

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® User-to-User Video Tutorials!

Along with the extensive library of Band-in-a-Box® video tutorial we share on our website and YouTube Channel, we also have some "User to User" videos created by Band-in-a-Box® users just like you! You can view these here: www.pgmusic.com/videos.user.htm

If you've created your own Band-in-a-Box® video tutorial that you'd like to see on our website, please contact our Marketing Team with the link and a request.

PowerTracks 2016 Build 5 Update Available!

Our development team has just released a free patch update for all PowerTracks Pro Audio 2016 customers!

Learn more about this patch update & download it here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Windows - Build 436 Update Available!

The latest update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2016 for Windows!

Click here to learn more about this patch update, which is a free download for all Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Windows users.

Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Windows - Build 435 Update Available!

If you're using Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Windows, there's a new patch with updates that can be downloaded! Download it here.

This patch includes:
Added: "Highlight selected cell" checkbox added to Display Options. If enabled, the currently selected cell will be highlighted instead of just out-lined. Select "Cell highlighting" in the color picker to pick the highlighting color. This feature is useful for JAWS Screen Reader users.
Added: "Play when chosen" option added to StylePicker.
Updated: Help file.
Updated: PDF User Guide.
Fixed: Clicking on the Print button in the Big Lyrics window would open the old version of the Options for Copy Lyrics to Clipboard dialog.
Fixed: Diminished chords were recognized wrong when "Treat 'dim' chord as a diminished triad (Cdim5) instead of CDim7" setting was disabled. Entering a 'dim' or 'dim7' chord would result in a 'dim5' chord. Entering a 'dim5' chord would result in no chord.
Fixed: In the Notation Window, changing modes with the right-click menu would not highlight the correct mode button (eg. from editable to regular mode).
Fixed: It is not possible to enter "Faug" as a slash chord, unless typing Roman Numerals ('iv') or Nashville Notation ('4') for the root.
Fixed: It is not possible to enter 'Fadd2' as a slash chord, unless typing Roman Numerals ('iv') or Nashville Notation ('4') for the root.
Fixed: Lines drawn under the stave in the lead sheet.
Fixed: Song memo did not show information about audio loops or UserTracks in song.
Fixed: The GUI for some VST plugins did not fit into the plugins window. An example plugin is XLN Addictive Drums 2.
Fixed: The GUI for some VST plugins sometimes change size, and the plugins window would not grow or shrink to match. An example plugin is the Roland soundCANVAS VA.
Fixed: The Higher Banks dialog was limited to 1983 patches. The new limit is 10000.
Fixed: The lead sheet print range always defaulted to the first chorus.
Fixed: The right-click menu in the Notation Window would not do anything if in non-editable mode.

Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac - Build 129 Update Available

Learn more about this update and download it here.

Summary of the changes:
Added: "Highlight selected cell" checkbox added to Display Options. If enabled, the currently selected cell will be highlighted instead of just out-lined. Select "Cell highlighting" in the color picker to pick the highlighting color. This feature is useful for JAWS Screen Reader users.
Added: "Play when chosen" option added to StylePicker.
Added: Additional Chord Display layer now has an option for "Normal" display.
Added: Option to load the previous song or style "At program bootup..." added to Preferences.
Fixed: BossaTerryClark variation 3 named incorrectly in RD Picker
Fixed: Chord entry during playback was very slow.
Fixed: Command+w would close Notation Window, but not automatically switch to the chord sheet.
Fixed: Control+Minus would not set the relative tempo to 50%.
Fixed: Diminished chords were recognized wrong when "Treat 'dim' chord as a diminished triad (Cdim5) instead of CDim7" setting was enabled. Entering a 'dim' or 'dim5' chord would result in a 'dim7' chord. Entering a 'dim7' chord would result in no chord.
Fixed: Hitting TAB key while in the Notation Window would cause key input to stop working.
Fixed: If "Auto-open/close editable layers" is enabled, and a song with lyrics is opened from the Finder before Band-in-a-Box is open, the lyrics would not be loaded.
Fixed: It is not possible to enter 'Fadd2' as a slash chord, unless typing Roman Numerals ('iv') or Nashville Notation ('4') for the root.
Fixed: It is not possible to enter 'Faug' as a slash chord, unless typing Roman Numerals ('iv') or Nashville Notation ('4') for the root.
Fixed: It was not possible to select "1st/2nd/3rd" or "1st/2nd/3rd/4th" type endings in the repeats dialog.
Fixed: 'MIDI QWERTY Keyboard Wizard' feature was not working.
Fixed: Opening a song from the Finder would not automatically start playback.
Fixed: Song memo did not show information about audio loops or UserTracks in song.
Fixed: The "Play when selected" option in the Song Picker had no effect.
Fixed: The chord sheet did not work properly with keyboard layouts other than US.
Fixed: The Select Track dialog would get stuck behind the Load XML dialog.

The 49-PAK for Mac - It's Here to Stay!

If you think missed your chance to purchase the 49-PAK during our Mac special, we have news... you didn't!

We're keeping this purchase option available with the Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac packages. Add it to your Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase for just $49!

Plus, we are including the 49-PAK with all regular priced purchases of the UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, and Audiophile Edition packages!

Learn more about the 49-PAK & listen to demos at www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.49pak.htm.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2016 Mac Special - Last Day: June 15th!

Today is the LAST DAY of our Band-in-a-Box® 2016 Mac Special!

If you haven't ordered your upgrade yet, now is the time! We are offering up to 50% off, and you'll receive a Bonus PAK with your order! (special runs until June 15th)

Learn more about your upgrade options here: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm

Forum Stats
24963 Members
42 Forums
40538 Topics
323525 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
Albertinho, JPut, aehaem, Ward, rusty_mic

24963 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 133