Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#152918 - 03/10/12 04:58 PM Re: How Do You Feel About The Upgrade Prices?? [Re: Pat Marr]
FrankK Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Sydney,NSW,Australia
I think BIAB is fair compared to prices for sample libraries for example. It all needs to be put in perspective. How much do or would you spend on booze each week, fags or a holiday if relevant? When you compare it to the enjoyment you get on a continuous basis instead of a fleeting moment then I’d say its good value.

#152919 - 03/10/12 06:03 PM Re: How Do You Feel About The Upgrade Prices?? [Re: FrankK]
John Conley Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, Ontario, Canada
I want to spend more on booze but I loose my beer all the time. I can't smoke in the house I guess. Havn't tried in years. It used to work ok though. I used to make charitable donations to underprivileged women, but the music where they work is too loud and it's too dark. So I quit that too.

I like a good steak once every few weeks. Those are about 12 bucks for 2 and at 20 times a year that's a good hobby I'll keep until it's too cold to hit the bbq.

I'm sticking with the upgrades I think. And a nice Havana once a month.

#152920 - 03/10/12 06:30 PM Re: How Do You Feel About The Upgrade Prices?? [Re: John Conley]
MitchC Offline
Journeyman

I buy every upgrade whether I need it or not...but that's just me. Gotta have the latest and greatest, especially BIAB / RB !

#152921 - 03/10/12 07:45 PM Re: How Do You Feel About The Upgrade Prices?? [Re: FrankK]
FLAN Offline
Apprentice

Loc: US, FROSTBURG, MARYLAND
Well, if I may say so, when I consider the VAST amount of goodies (RT's and software tweaks) that seem to CONSTANTLY improve at near exponential levels...

My brain is in perpetual synoptic meltdown...in a feeble attempt to absorb and (if I'm lucky) apply those newly formed, revised, and polished incentives that are so exhuberantly bundled with each and every release.

I am delighted at PG's efforts...humbled actually.

There is a METRIC TON of effort and attention to detail that is applied all along the chain...from the least, to the greatest...

From the exceptionally skilled, blessed, and talented instrument players themselves---to the grips, guitar techs, cable runners...to those blessed souls who gratiously provide clean and supplied restrooms (I love you too!)---I chat with the gal at work all the time (hey, I used to...I'm a Navy man...we're some cleaning fools). To everyone at Team PG: Bravo!

I digress---

I think another person coined it correctly: If you're so inclined, and you have the patience of Job, then sure, wait until the annual release at a discount; else, you could "selctively" choose what specific "bumps" you'd like if you favor a particular genre...or RT set.

That's what I like: Flexibility.

The choices you make can range from All, to some, to a few, to...

Unfortunately for me, I happen to be of the "all or nothing" personality LOL

To date, I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever.

Well, I do have one: Insufficient time and brain power to fully utilize it ALL!!!

Have Fun,
Eric
JOHN 10:10

#152922 - 03/10/12 07:58 PM Re: How Do You Feel About The Upgrade Prices?? [Re: Harpo]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Louisiana
I worked for Jack Daniel's, yes the whiskey for 30 years and the founding father Jack himself made a statement very early on in the history of that American icon . . . "All Goods Worth Price Charged". IMHO BIAB is one of only a few products I have ever purchased, besides Jack, to which I would share that statement.

Later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#152923 - 03/10/12 08:09 PM Re: How Do You Feel About The Upgrade Prices?? [Re: Danny C.]
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Long Beach California. United ...
I don't purchase every upgrade but when I do upgrade it's well worth the money I put down.

Comparing BIAB and Sonar is like apples and oranges.
Sonar has a much larger customer base then BIAb so of course they can charge less per upgrade.
Tim

#152924 - 03/10/12 08:35 PM Re: How Do You Feel About The Upgrade Prices?? [Re: FrankK]
jcspro40 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Ohio-USA
With the Mega-Pak I can upgrade the Program & get all the new RT for $130 ($99 on sale) and not have to pay for the "redundant programs" I already have...I just don't see how this can be overpriced for a previous owner.....

#152925 - 03/11/12 01:55 AM Re: How Do You Feel About The Upgrade Prices?? [Re: jcspro40]
Harpo Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Boston, Ma / NY, NY
Thanks to everyone who replied to my post!

Boy, there are some "real sensitive folks out there that seemingly have taken my comments as a slight towards the BIAB program or PG Music itself.

You guys are so way off.

As I said I've been with PG Music for a very long time now. Do you think I would have hung around this long if I didn't like the product?

I own a fairly elaborate Home Recording Studio and have many different types of music software, and guess what?...........
I can find something that I'd like to change in each and every one of them. Something that "I" believe would improve the software in one way or another.
That doesn't mean I don't like them or they're not a rockin' piece of software, it just means I have personal preference about what I buy.

Thanks for the comments on the "specials". I never took advantage of these (or even really knew about the regularity of them), as well as buying the RT separately on an "as needed basis".
This is good information and I wish there were more people out there who actually understood my post and responded to it with a similarly "helpful" tone.
(but believe it or not, I actually enjoyed reading "all" of the responses. Some of them made me laugh.)

So......

I still feel that the upgrades are a bit too pricey, though I understand PG Music is not as large as some other music software companies (another helpful point that someone made!), but if anyone believes your upgrades have to be more than the next guys just because you bring people into a studio to record, think about software like "Kontakt" or "BFD" (just for starters).

I'll continue to enjoy my UltraPlusPak and maybe when the next "deal" comes around I'll upgrade then. Maybe not.

But in the meantime, I wish all lovers of BIAB, Happy Jamming!

Peace

Harpo

#152926 - 03/11/12 08:56 AM Re: How Do You Feel About The Upgrade Prices?? [Re: Harpo]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Hey brother Harpo--

Do not ever contemplate the purchase a boat or an airplane.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#152927 - 03/11/12 09:47 AM Re: How Do You Feel About The Upgrade Prices?? [Re: Mac]
Harpo Offline
Apprentice

Good one Mac! (really)

But if I could afford a boat or an airplane, do you think I'd be at all concerned about a $279. upgrade (lol)!?!?

#152928 - 03/11/12 11:17 AM Re: How Do You Feel About The Upgrade Prices?? [Re: Harpo]
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Another thing is that you do not have up upgrade every time! I only upgrade my software if there is something new that I think will help me.

#152929 - 03/11/12 11:26 AM Re: How Do You Feel About The Upgrade Prices?? [Re: MarioD]
Tommyc Online   content
Veteran

I never updated 2004 Biab until they had RT's, it was their best improvement yet!

#152930 - 03/11/12 11:37 AM Re: How Do You Feel About The Upgrade Prices?? [Re: Harpo]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Harpo,

I hope my reply made you laugh.

Take Care,

#152931 - 03/11/12 04:03 PM Re: How Do You Feel About The Upgrade Prices?? [Re: Danny C.]
Harpo Offline
Apprentice

Hi Danny

Absolutely.

That was definitely one of the moments that brought on a smile and a few chuckles. Thanks!

#152932 - 03/11/12 06:14 PM Re: How Do You Feel About The Upgrade Prices?? [Re: Harpo]
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Hi Danny

Absolutely.

That was definitely one of the moments that brought on a smile and a few chuckles. Thanks!

Great now I can take the rest of the day off.

Take Care,

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
New Video - Everything You Need to Know About Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac in less than 6 minutes!

Looking for a brief overview of some of the most exciting new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac?

Check out our "Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac - Everything you need to know in less than 6 minutes!" video, which shows just how major this upgrade is! You'll also learn about the new Add-ons: a total of 225 new RealTracks, 11 new MIDI SuperTracks, 19 new Instrumental Studies, and 3 "Artist Video Performances!" Watch the video...

Learn all about the new Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac version here: www.pgmusic.com/mac.new.htm

Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Mac is Here!

We're excited to release the brand new Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac!

Some of the 50 New Features released with this version include:

-The StylePicker has been redesigned and enhanced, and the Chord Sheet is also enhanced with a new look, feel, and customization options.

-You can now load MusicXML files!

-A Fake Sheet mode has been added to Chord Sheet and Lead Sheet. Fake Sheet mode allows display of repeats, 1st/2nd endings, DS/DC al Coda, and more.

-The Chord Sheet has been enhanced with new look, feel and customization

…and so much more!

Check out all the new features: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm.

With the release of Version 2016, there are 201 NEW RealTracks being added to our library! Plus, there are an additional 24 Bonus RealTracks, 11 MIDI SuperTracks, 19 Instrumental Studies, 3 Artist Video Performances, 89 RealStyles, and more when you add a 49-PAK to your purchase!

Of course, we're offering phenomenal pricing on Upgrade packages (until May 31st), and a FREE Bonus PAK is included with most purchases! All of the purchase options can be viewed here.

New Video - Musicians Talk Band-in-a-Box

Check out our latest video - created with clips taken from your Video Testimonials! Musicians Talk Band in a Box.

To learn more about submitting your own video testimonial, visit this post.

If you're interested in purchasing a translated version of Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Windows, we now have the Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish translations available!

You can purchase the language versions from this list, just click on the language you'd like:
Band-in-a-Box: Danish
Band-in-a-Box: Dutch
Band-in-a-Box: French
Band-in-a-Box: German
Band-in-a-Box: Italian
Band-in-a-Box: Portuguese
Band-in-a-Box: Russian
Band-in-a-Box: Spanish
Band-in-a-Box: Swedish

If you've already purchased the English version of the program, and would like the translated version, please send an email request to sales@pgmusic.com. It's a small download ("language patch") that will allow you to use the program in either English or your preferred language.

Announcing PowerTracks Pro Audio 2016!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2016 is here with great new features and enhancements including Load & Save MusicXML files, a fresh new logo, render track as ACID Loop and export it to BB Loops folder, Save Chords Window as Video, and more!

Detailed look at the new features in 2016

Purchase PowerTracks Pro Audio 2016 here

Video - Explore the New Band-in-a-Box 2016 Chord Chart

Have you taken a look at the updated Chord Chart with Band-in-a-Box 2016? It's been enhanced with new look, feel and customization! Watch the video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=iKUE4vSfISc&t=1324

A list of these updates:
-All layers can be customized with font and color.
-Now you see the chord where you are typing it. Previously, chords wouldn’t appear until you hit the Enter key, and sometimes wouldn’t appear at all if you made a typo.
-Colors for all elements on the Chord Sheet can be customized.
-Mouse-over indication shows which bar, cell, or part marker you are currently hovering your mouse over.
-You can now select a region of bars by just using the keyboard.
-There is now a Superscript option (separate settings for the chords and the Additional Chord Display layer).
-The number of columns can be customized.
-The "Extra space between columns (pixels)" option allows you to choose a border thickness between columns.
-The "New line for every section" option previously required that each section was at least 2 bars long, but now there is a "minimum section" setting.
-The "Show bar lines" option displays a bar line next to each bar number.
-The "Show bar numbers" option lets you choose how often bar numbers should display: never, always, only at part markers, or only at new rows.
-The "Use substyle colors for bar #s, etc." option controls the color of the optional bar lines, bar numbers, and section letters.
-The "Gray out chords beyond time signature" setting grays out chords that won't play in the song.
-The "Display ‘2’ as ‘sus2’" and "Display ‘sus’ as ‘sus4’" settings will show suspended chords more explicitly: ‘sus’ implies ‘sus4,’ and ‘2’ implies ‘sus2,’ but you might want to see the full extension name.
-All of the settings and colors can be saved and loaded as a .csc file.

New Video - Using Band-in-a-Box to Supercharge Pro Tools!

Check out our latest video, and you'll learn how the powerful combination of Band-in-a-Box and Pro Tools can boost your music creativity!

Click on this link to watch the video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=otq-sgUhyWk

Forum Stats
24632 Members
42 Forums
39416 Topics
312825 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
RumSlush, maxdell, Neurodoc, Straygator, Flashbak

24631 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
dga 367