You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#152541 - 03/05/12 10:59 PM Bar Settings
WSE1 Offline
Enthusiast

I wish for the ability to modify different beats in the bar rather then the entire bar.

For instance: It would be nice to have the ability of muting instruments at various beats in the bar, or to increase velocity in the same way, and so on.

Also, I wish the pick guitar, of real guitar, could be modified to pluck on the shots and stops rather then strum. The strums at the shots and stops are extremely annoying. Yes I can mute it, but not if the guitar needs to be in it. I find myself having to trade off with an electric dire or something else, then compensate for the difference in sound by doing other things, like getting the tracks in my DAW and then changing using a VST sound in the dire track to an acoustic so there is no real apparent difference.

If I could get it all done in BIB it sure would save me a lot of time.

Thank you for allowing my input

#152542 - 03/08/12 01:03 AM Re: Bar Settings [Re: WSE1]
LynB Offline
Veteran

Loc: Barton-on-Sea,Hants,UK
Suggest you post this in the BIAB Forum for specific help.

#152543 - 03/11/12 08:45 PM Re: Bar Settings [Re: WSE1]
solidrock Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Birmingham, Alabama
Quote:

I wish the pick guitar, of real guitar, could be modified to pluck on the shots and stops rather then strum.....

The workaround i do is where you have a hold, shot or stop on say a C chord C... C.. C. and you want the guitar to keep playing, just add a "g" on the end C...g and in the BB guitar track, generate the track, duplicate it then regenerate another instrument in the same BB guitar track, duplicate it and so on and so forth.
That way you are not limited with just the BB tracks for exemptions:
C...b bass is exempt
C...d drums " "
C...p piano " "
C...g guitar " "
C...s strings " "

You just won't get the realcharts as the BB tracks don't generate realcharts.

Bob..

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Mac Review

For many years Band-in-a-Box 2014 has been my indispensable musical companion, whether I’m knocking up backing tracks for my solo gigs, creating professional-sounding background music for my documentaries, or just having fun. The 2014 makeover absolutely ticks every box and brings the abundant feature set under control. If making music brings joy to your life, Band-in-a-Box 2014 will make you even happier.
Keith White - Macworld Australia

Click here to read the review on Macworld.
Click here to read the PDF.

RealTracks Artist Gary Smulyan's Organ Quartet!

The Gary Smulyan Organ Quartet has a busy October coming up!
See if they're playing near you, visit http://garysmulyan.com and click on tour.

RealTracks Artist Phil Woods - October Performance!

Award-winning jazz saxophonist Phil Woods will perform in North Carolina on Tuesday, Oct. 14, at 7 p.m. at the Schaefer Center for the Performing Arts at Appalachian State University!

Click here for more information.

Video - Making a Song in Band-in-a-Box

New to Band-in-a-Box? Creating your first song is as easy as pressing play! To watch a step-by-step video tutorial on creating your own song, watch this YouTube video: http://youtu.be/PRSX_w3wNJs.

RealTracks Artist Kenny Barron - Oct & Nov Performances!

Kenny Barron will be performing in October and November! To see if there's a performance near you, head to: http://kennybarron.com/itinerary/

Band-in-a-Box 2014 Russian Patch Available!

Мы хорошо потрудились и добавили в Band-in-a-Box ряд потрясающих новых функций и новых стилей RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, высококачественных (Hi-Q) MIDI-тембров и записей профессионального живого исполнения (Artist Performances)!

Вышло обновление для Band-in-a-Box 2014 на русском языке с полным руководством пользователя на русском языке. загрузки.

RealTracks Artist Tim Kliphuis Upcoming Performances!

The Tim Kliphuis Trio will be performing throughout the fall and winter seasons in the UK! For a complete list of performances, click here.

Forum Stats
22041 Members
38 Forums
30171 Topics
240376 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
The Hobbit, WillyL, edshaw1000000, davenqem, sujit001

22040 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 125
Al-David 111