Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#153955 - 03/17/12 01:25 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks
funkycornwall Offline
Apprentice

Hi there,

I think the RealDrums are great and sould be more of them. There have loads of new RealTracks added in the last few versions but no new drums for a while. Anyway what I think would be really cool would be the ability to generate the RealDrums into separate tracks eg. Bass Drum, Snare, Toms, Hi-Hat and Cymbals. Then this would give mush greater control when later mixing down and perhaps adding effects. It would also be easier to modify the wave files to fit songs even better. Maybe this is impossible to do but it would be very cool if it was possible. Perhaps you could have the choice when you render the tracks of wither a single drum track or a grouped drum-track into separate files.

What do other people think?

Cheers

Tony

Edited by funkycornwall (03/17/12 07:34 PM)

#153956 - 03/17/12 02:14 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: funkycornwall]
jcspro40 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Ohio-USA
It's been brought up before, but I don't see that happening. It would a major hassle to do I think.....
Custom Core2Quad 3.2Ghz, 8gb memory, 1gb nVidia dual monitor card, 1tb OS HDD, 2 2gb Internal HDD, 8tb External HDD, dual LG 27" Monitors, Win7 x64 Ultimate, BiaB/RB 2017, Reaper 4.75, Mixbus 32C, IK Multimedia / iZotope / Plug & Mix VST-VSTi Collections

#153957 - 03/17/12 07:38 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: jcspro40]
funkycornwall Offline
Apprentice

Yes I am sure it would be difficult to achieve and a great deal of work but it would also be a major selling point and might draw many new users to Band in a Box. Maybe they could design a new set of multi-output drums to complement the existing ones.

#153958 - 03/19/12 08:22 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: funkycornwall]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

I think they should make the individual drums tracks available even if it is a separate purchase for those that want to mix with them in RB or another DAW.

We do need more RealDrum sets in general though -- more, more, more!

#153959 - 03/19/12 09:40 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Kemmrich]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Having it as an optional additional purchase might work, similar to the way the audiophile version is available for those who need that.

I could use several tracks to combine Latin percussion with the 'regular' drum track. But don't forget, for the first time in version 2012, we now have something of a work-around with the loops feature.
BIAB 2017 PC Audiophile. Software: SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20 (2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#153960 - 03/19/12 12:41 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Matt Finley]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Given that these are audio recordings of real drummers playing real drum sets, I'm not sure how they would get clean recordings of each part without some sort of bleedover.

#1-Win10Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
#2-Win10Pro-64,16GB,SSDBoot,7200RPM
#3-Win7Pro-64,8GB,7200RPM
H/W: Onboard audio, FastTrack Pro, Casio Kbds
S/W: BB/RB2017/Sonar/Reaper/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/
NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web: http://www.sus4chord.com

#153961 - 03/19/12 01:00 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: jford]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Indeed. It would require lots of audio editing, if even possible. How it was recorded originally to separate tracks is critical.
BIAB 2017 PC Audiophile. Software: SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20 (2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#153962 - 03/19/12 02:50 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: jford]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Quote:

Given that these are audio recordings of real drummers playing real drum sets, I'm not sure how they would get clean recordings of each part without some sort of bleedover. -- jford

yes, you are going to have bleed-over. The drums separated out is NOT to have individual stuff to mix and match between realdrum sessions (although some would want that and it could be done in certain situations), but to mix differently the existing drum track based on the song's needs. If you want the kick drum to stand out in a section, you could bring down the other tracks. There's still some bleed-over, but that is to be expected.

Now, some would want to mix and match between realdrum sessions -- but that really is more of a "loop" function.

Kevin

P.S. But I am sure there would be lots of opportunities to mix and match, if that is what you want to do.

Edited by Kemmrich (03/19/12 07:18 PM)

#153963 - 03/19/12 06:34 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Kemmrich]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Or a better drum sample issue.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#153964 - 03/19/12 09:33 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Robh]
carkins Offline
Journeyman

Wonder if it would be possible to have a real drummer play a section several times over but each time using only one part of his drum kit and hitting the rest in the air (like playing air drums)to eliminate the bleeding problem.

He or she could follow a headphone recording of their full kit playing as a guide.

Or could individual Realdrum sounds be sampled and then synced to a midi signal as opposed to a synthesized midi drum sound or are those programs probably already available?.
Just some ideas.

Carkins

#153965 - 03/20/12 12:23 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: carkins]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Don't forget, it's already possible to split MIDI drums to different tracks. And Drum libraries like BFD can make a big difference in the sound. I dare say that a real MIDI enthusiast using BFD and MIDI drums split to different tracks could create a drum track that would make you smile.

#153966 - 03/20/12 09:38 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Pat Marr]
Robh Offline
Veteran

I use Jamstix for drums a lot, and it has a 8 output setting, that i can use to make split drum tracks, and while i do not use it often, when i do it comes out really cool.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#153967 - 03/21/12 05:30 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Robh]
filkertom Offline
Expert

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Yeah, most DAWs have a default that sets up the number of tracks you need for the drum software. BFD and Addictive Drums are great supplements to BIAB.
Win10/64 • i5-3570K • 16 GB RAM
Audiophile 192 • BIAB 2017 • Reaper 5
AKG C1000S • Behringer Xynex1002

#153968 - 04/12/12 04:28 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: filkertom]
Andy123 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Sussex - UK
Hi Tom,
I completely agree with you that Addicitive Drums is great. But I find it doesn't marry-up perfectly with Real Band. ie the AD 'Play' button doesn't work at all, and the 'tempo' and 'sync' buttons are unreliable. What's your experience ? Did you find a way to get AD to work perfectly with RB ? Thanks - Best - Andy

#153969 - 04/12/12 10:28 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Andy123]
Robh Offline
Veteran

RB/PT does not allow tempo sync so programs like Jamstix, and AD that require it will not work other than as "dumb" drum samplers. It is a feature request that has been on the board for a long time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
User Blog - How to Make a Band-in-a-Box Backing Track (with Melody) Using a Lead Sheet

Joanne Cooper's latest blog post Create a Band-in-a-Box backing track with melody from a lead sheet is the perfect read for anyone looking to do just that!

She thoroughly explains the process - from selecting the song, finding the lead sheet, picking a style, and more! Even if you're well versed with the program, be sure to read this blog post - you'll want to bookmark it and share it with anyone you know who's new to the program!

Thank you Joanne for sharing!

https://www.joannecooper.co.za/blog/blog/create-a-band-in-a-box-backing-track-with-melody-from-a-lead-sheet

Vote for Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - We've Been Nominated for a 2018 SOS Award!

We are still over the moon with being nominated as one of the Music Software products for the 2018 SOS Awards!

If you haven't had a chance to look over the nominees and place your vote, head to https://www.soundonsound.com/sos-awards - but hurry... the polls are only open until 23:59 PST on November 30th! (Winners will be annouced at the Winter NAMM show in January.)

The SOS Awards are held annually by Sound On Sound, these awards celebrate a number of products launched within the last year, including categories like Audio Interface, DAW, Guitar Technology, Music Software, and more - the winners are chosen by the readers, and people just like you! To learn more about the SOS awards, click here.

SOS voting rules are available here.

Sound On Sound Awards - a list of 2017 Winners.

The Beginners Forum - Great Tool for New Band-in-a-Box® Users!

If you're new to Band-in-a-Box®, and looking for a Forum just for you, check out the Beginner's Forum! This forum is the perfect place to post resources ideal for those starting with the program.

If you're not new to Band-in-a-Box®, that doesn't mean you can't join in the action! Pop over to the Beginners Forum to join in the discussion & share your knowledge too - we have a really supportive & helpful crew on the forums!

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=97&page=1

YouTube Find - COUNTRY ROADS John Denver Band-in-a-Box Backing Track Key G Major

Another great video has been posted by EricBlackmonGuitar, and he uses his Band-in-a-Box beautifully for creating the backing tracks - see for yourself!

YouTube Video - COUNTRY ROADS John Denver Band In A Box Backing Track Key G Major

My Favorite Things - Seemingly Unlimited Flexibility!

We receive user feedback many ways, including our Facebook page, by email or phone, using the Comments tab on our Band-in-a-Box® pages, the My Favorite Things Forum, and more!

Like the great feedback recently posted by Al-David:
"I write and play in quite a few different genres. The flexibility BIAB gives me makes transpositions, from one genre to another, so easy and quick. A number of times I've created a piece, intending it to be a Smooth Jazz or Smooth RnB song. But when I generated the song, it just didn't work in the intended genre.

With a simple click of the Style Picker ... BAM! The song ended up as a pretty decent Pop song. I only had to replace a couple of instruments from the new style and alter a couple of chords..."
(read the full thread here.)

Post your feedback to our Forum - My Favorite Things - we'd love to hear it!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Nominated for a 2018 SOS Award!

We're so excited that Band-in-a-Box® 2017 has been nominated as one of the Music Software products for the 2018 SOS Awards!

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to vote! If you haven't had a chance yet, you can vote here... (the polls are open until 23:59 PST on November 30th)

Winners will be announced at the Winter NAMM show in January, 2018.

What are the SOS awards? Held annually by Sound On Sound, these awards celebrate a number of products launched within the last year, including categories like Audio Interface, DAW, Guitar Technology, Music Software, and more - the winners are chosen by the readers, and people just like you! To learn more about the SOS awards, click here.

SOS voting rules are available here.

Happy National Saxophone Day!

Happy Birthday to Adolphe Sax, the creator of the Saxophone! Adolphe was born November 6, 1814 - 32 years later he pantended his saxophone creation!

Check our our Saxophonist programs for Windows:
The Jazz Saxophonist
The Rock Saxophonist

Plus, we have more than 180 Saxophone RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box by the following RealTracks Artists:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

We have more than 30 different RealTracks Sets that include Saxophone RealTracks - for a complete list, click here.

Forum Stats
26607 Members
50 Forums
48223 Topics
395025 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Jazzist, Johnny Boy, Shaha, Dukestar33, jyogupta1993

26620 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 222
Al-David 188