Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#153955 - 03/17/12 01:25 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks
funkycornwall Offline
Apprentice

Hi there,

I think the RealDrums are great and sould be more of them. There have loads of new RealTracks added in the last few versions but no new drums for a while. Anyway what I think would be really cool would be the ability to generate the RealDrums into separate tracks eg. Bass Drum, Snare, Toms, Hi-Hat and Cymbals. Then this would give mush greater control when later mixing down and perhaps adding effects. It would also be easier to modify the wave files to fit songs even better. Maybe this is impossible to do but it would be very cool if it was possible. Perhaps you could have the choice when you render the tracks of wither a single drum track or a grouped drum-track into separate files.

What do other people think?

Cheers

Tony

Edited by funkycornwall (03/17/12 07:34 PM)

#153956 - 03/17/12 02:14 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: funkycornwall]
jcspro40 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Ohio-USA
It's been brought up before, but I don't see that happening. It would a major hassle to do I think.....
Custom Core2Quad 3.2Ghz, 8gb memory, 1gb nVidia dual monitor card, 1tb OS HDD, 2 2gb Internal HDD, 8tb External HDD, dual LG 27" Monitors, Win7 x64 Ultimate, BiaB/RB 2017, Reaper 4.75, Mixbus 32C, IK Multimedia / iZotope / Plug & Mix VST-VSTi Collections

#153957 - 03/17/12 07:38 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: jcspro40]
funkycornwall Offline
Apprentice

Yes I am sure it would be difficult to achieve and a great deal of work but it would also be a major selling point and might draw many new users to Band in a Box. Maybe they could design a new set of multi-output drums to complement the existing ones.

#153958 - 03/19/12 08:22 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: funkycornwall]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

I think they should make the individual drums tracks available even if it is a separate purchase for those that want to mix with them in RB or another DAW.

We do need more RealDrum sets in general though -- more, more, more!

#153959 - 03/19/12 09:40 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Kemmrich]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Having it as an optional additional purchase might work, similar to the way the audiophile version is available for those who need that.

I could use several tracks to combine Latin percussion with the 'regular' drum track. But don't forget, for the first time in version 2012, we now have something of a work-around with the loops feature.
BIAB 2017 Audiophile. Software includes SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, & Encore on Windows 10 64-bit. Hardware includes custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20, TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch.

#153960 - 03/19/12 12:41 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Matt Finley]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Given that these are audio recordings of real drummers playing real drum sets, I'm not sure how they would get clean recordings of each part without some sort of bleedover.

PC: Win10Pro-64
Laptop: Win7Pro-64
Both: 8GB RAM + Dual 7200RPM Drives + FastTrack Pro
S/W: BB/RB2017/Sonar/Reaper/Notion/Finale
Noteworthy Composer/Kontakt Ultimate/Casio Kbds
Halion/Garritan/IK Multimedia
Web: http://www.sus4chord.com

#153961 - 03/19/12 01:00 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: jford]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Indeed. It would require lots of audio editing, if even possible. How it was recorded originally to separate tracks is critical.
BIAB 2017 Audiophile. Software includes SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, & Encore on Windows 10 64-bit. Hardware includes custom i7, 16 Gb RAM; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20, TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch.

#153962 - 03/19/12 02:50 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: jford]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Quote:

Given that these are audio recordings of real drummers playing real drum sets, I'm not sure how they would get clean recordings of each part without some sort of bleedover. -- jford

yes, you are going to have bleed-over. The drums separated out is NOT to have individual stuff to mix and match between realdrum sessions (although some would want that and it could be done in certain situations), but to mix differently the existing drum track based on the song's needs. If you want the kick drum to stand out in a section, you could bring down the other tracks. There's still some bleed-over, but that is to be expected.

Now, some would want to mix and match between realdrum sessions -- but that really is more of a "loop" function.

Kevin

P.S. But I am sure there would be lots of opportunities to mix and match, if that is what you want to do.

Edited by Kemmrich (03/19/12 07:18 PM)

#153963 - 03/19/12 06:34 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Kemmrich]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Or a better drum sample issue.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#153964 - 03/19/12 09:33 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Robh]
carkins Offline
Journeyman

Wonder if it would be possible to have a real drummer play a section several times over but each time using only one part of his drum kit and hitting the rest in the air (like playing air drums)to eliminate the bleeding problem.

He or she could follow a headphone recording of their full kit playing as a guide.

Or could individual Realdrum sounds be sampled and then synced to a midi signal as opposed to a synthesized midi drum sound or are those programs probably already available?.
Just some ideas.

Carkins

#153965 - 03/20/12 12:23 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: carkins]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Don't forget, it's already possible to split MIDI drums to different tracks. And Drum libraries like BFD can make a big difference in the sound. I dare say that a real MIDI enthusiast using BFD and MIDI drums split to different tracks could create a drum track that would make you smile.

#153966 - 03/20/12 09:38 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Pat Marr]
Robh Offline
Veteran

I use Jamstix for drums a lot, and it has a 8 output setting, that i can use to make split drum tracks, and while i do not use it often, when i do it comes out really cool.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#153967 - 03/21/12 05:30 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Robh]
filkertom Offline
Expert

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Yeah, most DAWs have a default that sets up the number of tracks you need for the drum software. BFD and Addictive Drums are great supplements to BIAB.
Win10/64 • i5-3570K • 16 GB RAM
Audiophile 192 • BIAB 2017 • Reaper 5
AKG C1000S • Behringer Xynex1002

#153968 - 04/12/12 04:28 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: filkertom]
Andy123 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Sussex - UK
Hi Tom,
I completely agree with you that Addicitive Drums is great. But I find it doesn't marry-up perfectly with Real Band. ie the AD 'Play' button doesn't work at all, and the 'tempo' and 'sync' buttons are unreliable. What's your experience ? Did you find a way to get AD to work perfectly with RB ? Thanks - Best - Andy

#153969 - 04/12/12 10:28 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Andy123]
Robh Offline
Veteran

RB/PT does not allow tempo sync so programs like Jamstix, and AD that require it will not work other than as "dumb" drum samplers. It is a feature request that has been on the board for a long time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Endorsing Artist Terry Fernihough's Number One Hit!

Our newest Endorsing Artist Terry Fernihough is the writer of I'll Bring the Party, a number one hit on the Canadian National Aboriginal Countdown! Listen here...

Learn more about Terry here.

Review all our Endorsing Artists when you visit www.pgmusic.com/endorsers.php.

We Have A WINNER! The Band-in-a-Box® Giveaway Continues...

We're are excited to be offering a Band-in-a-Box® Giveaway from March 20, 2017 to April 9, 2017, with one Band-in-a-Box® EverythingPAK prize awarded each week!

Our first random draw for a winner took place today - there were more than 1,000 entries! Congratulations Doug!

There's still two more prizes to be won! Click here for your chance to win!

Contest rules

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Build 462 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows users can download the latest free patch update, Build 462, here: www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#462

Summary of changes:
Improved: Many electric guitar styles, when using the DI versions, would have very loud shots and holds. These are now balanced.
Fixed: Using CTRL+V to paste notes in the piano roll would cause the notes to be pasted twice.
Fixed: Some menu items were showing the wrong captions.
Fixed: Checking "Set Audio Master (Base) Tempo to" in the Import Audio File dialog was not working.
Fixed: It was not possible to specify a chorus when using the "L" code word in the chord sheet, because the second comma would trigger chord entry. (eg "L8,12,2").
Fixed: The font size for the large patches in the mixer would not change when resizing the window.

Band-in-a-Box® & RealBand 2017 한국어 버전 (Korean)

80가지 이상의 새로운 기능과 놀라운 콘텐츠 콜렉션을 추가했으며 새로운 내용에는 202가지 실제트랙, 34가지 미디 슈퍼트랙, 악기 연구, 12-키 실제트랙, Hi-Q 기타 노테이션, 재발견된 실제트랙/미디 슈퍼트랙 스타일, 새로운 신디사이저 (sforzando), 120 가지 이상 새로운 실제스타일을 포함합니다! 우리는 202 가지 새로운 실제트랙을 추가했으며, 과거의 101가지의 두 배입니다! 12-키 Hi-Q 기타 탭이 있는 새로운 악기 연구 세트가 있습니다. 이전의 일부 실제트랙은 정확도를 향상시키기 위해 다시 마스터되었습니다. 우리는 또한 새로운 RealTracks 및 Loops를 사용하는 120가지 이상의 새로운 실제스타일을 가지고 있습니다. 여기에 훌륭한 크루너 보사, 크루너 발라드, 브렌트/마이크 블루스, 하와이안, 멕시칸, 페루, 파워 트리오, 하우스, 힙합, 랩, 켈트 하프, 레트로 60년대 등 여러 가지를 포함합니다.

www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=win&lang=ko

Customers LOVE the Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series!

The newest addition to our Master Class Series is the Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series, featuring world-class Celtic guitarist (and RealTracks Artist) Quinn Bachand, and it's a HIT!

Watch the trailer: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=aNe-illEYf0

There are 3 volumes available, each about an hour long. Purchase each volume for $19, or grab all three for just $49! Quinn covers techniques, chord theory, voicings and walks you through 17 "must-know" tunes. This is for the beginner-advanced guitarist, and covers Celtic guitar styles (some folk and old-time covered as well).

Learn more about the Celtic Guitar Video Master Class Series: www.pgmusic.com/celticguitarmasterclass.htm

Mac users: www.pgmusic.com/celticguitarmasterclass.mac.htm

RealTracks Update for Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows!

If you're using Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows, check out the latest update patch we have just released for RealTracks! Patch info - click here.

This is a cumulative patch that includes updates for RealTracks released with Band-in-a-Box® 2017, and updates/additions to the Shots and Holds library.

If you only want the newest updates since the last patch issued Feb 23 2017, there's a smaller patch you can download here.

Summary of changes:
Fixed / Improved / Added - Entire Library of regular and Direct Input Shots and Holds has been re-tested, and there have been many fixes. This includes adding new Shots and Holds for instruments that previously didn't have them, reassigning instruments to more appropriate Shots and Holds, improving volume levels and offsets, and fixing some issues with incorrect chords.
Fixed - Many electric guitar styles, when using the DI versions, would have very loud shots and holds. These are now balanced.
Fixed - Notation for all songs from 'Artist Performance Set 3 - Celtic Fiddle Tunes' is much more accurate.
Fixed - Some Waltz style RealDrums were not playing correctly. The kick drum should always play before the snare.
Fixed - Endings for Piano, Acoustic, HeldChords 060
Fixed - Minor seventh chords on Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopBalladClean Ev 085
Fixed - _SONGBRD style mistakenly had an extra acoustic guitar on the soloist track.
Fixed - Misc typos in the RealTracks Picker.

YouTube Find - Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered

Our latest "Band-in-a-Box" search on YouTube resulted in finding a great video shared today, using Band-in-a-Box as accompaniment for some nice piano playing!

Click here to watch & listen.

Great job jazzutako!

Forum Stats
25782 Members
49 Forums
44864 Topics
363594 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
ghijkl845073, WPD28, jenexasul, musicnut, NostalgiaSmith

25781 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)