Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#153955 - 03/17/12 01:25 PM RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks
funkycornwall Offline
Enthusiast

Hi there,

I think the RealDrums are great and sould be more of them. There have loads of new RealTracks added in the last few versions but no new drums for a while. Anyway what I think would be really cool would be the ability to generate the RealDrums into separate tracks eg. Bass Drum, Snare, Toms, Hi-Hat and Cymbals. Then this would give mush greater control when later mixing down and perhaps adding effects. It would also be easier to modify the wave files to fit songs even better. Maybe this is impossible to do but it would be very cool if it was possible. Perhaps you could have the choice when you render the tracks of wither a single drum track or a grouped drum-track into separate files.

What do other people think?

Cheers

Tony

Edited by funkycornwall (03/17/12 07:34 PM)

#153956 - 03/17/12 02:14 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: funkycornwall]
jcspro40 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Ohio-USA
It's been brought up before, but I don't see that happening. It would a major hassle to do I think.....

#153957 - 03/17/12 07:38 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: jcspro40]
funkycornwall Offline
Enthusiast

Yes I am sure it would be difficult to achieve and a great deal of work but it would also be a major selling point and might draw many new users to Band in a Box. Maybe they could design a new set of multi-output drums to complement the existing ones.

#153958 - 03/19/12 08:22 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: funkycornwall]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

I think they should make the individual drums tracks available even if it is a separate purchase for those that want to mix with them in RB or another DAW.

We do need more RealDrum sets in general though -- more, more, more!

#153959 - 03/19/12 09:40 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Kemmrich]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mid-Hudson Valley, New York an...
Having it as an optional additional purchase might work, similar to the way the audiophile version is available for those who need that.

I could use several tracks to combine Latin percussion with the 'regular' drum track. But don't forget, for the first time in version 2012, we now have something of a work-around with the loops feature.

#153960 - 03/19/12 12:41 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Matt Finley]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Given that these are audio recordings of real drummers playing real drum sets, I'm not sure how they would get clean recordings of each part without some sort of bleedover.

#153961 - 03/19/12 01:00 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: jford]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mid-Hudson Valley, New York an...
Indeed. It would require lots of audio editing, if even possible. How it was recorded originally to separate tracks is critical.

#153962 - 03/19/12 02:50 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: jford]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Quote:

Given that these are audio recordings of real drummers playing real drum sets, I'm not sure how they would get clean recordings of each part without some sort of bleedover. -- jford

yes, you are going to have bleed-over. The drums separated out is NOT to have individual stuff to mix and match between realdrum sessions (although some would want that and it could be done in certain situations), but to mix differently the existing drum track based on the song's needs. If you want the kick drum to stand out in a section, you could bring down the other tracks. There's still some bleed-over, but that is to be expected.

Now, some would want to mix and match between realdrum sessions -- but that really is more of a "loop" function.

Kevin

P.S. But I am sure there would be lots of opportunities to mix and match, if that is what you want to do.

Edited by Kemmrich (03/19/12 07:18 PM)

#153963 - 03/19/12 06:34 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Kemmrich]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Or a better drum sample issue.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#153964 - 03/19/12 09:33 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Robh]
carkins Offline
Journeyman

Wonder if it would be possible to have a real drummer play a section several times over but each time using only one part of his drum kit and hitting the rest in the air (like playing air drums)to eliminate the bleeding problem.

He or she could follow a headphone recording of their full kit playing as a guide.

Or could individual Realdrum sounds be sampled and then synced to a midi signal as opposed to a synthesized midi drum sound or are those programs probably already available?.
Just some ideas.

Carkins

#153965 - 03/20/12 12:23 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: carkins]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Don't forget, it's already possible to split MIDI drums to different tracks. And Drum libraries like BFD can make a big difference in the sound. I dare say that a real MIDI enthusiast using BFD and MIDI drums split to different tracks could create a drum track that would make you smile.
You can train a dog to jump through a hoop by positive reinforcement. But if you kick him just once after he jumps through the hoop, he will probably avoid the hoop from then on. The same principle is true of song writing.

#153966 - 03/20/12 09:38 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Pat Marr]
Robh Offline
Veteran

I use Jamstix for drums a lot, and it has a 8 output setting, that i can use to make split drum tracks, and while i do not use it often, when i do it comes out really cool.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#153967 - 03/21/12 05:30 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Robh]
filkertom Offline
Expert

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Yeah, most DAWs have a default that sets up the number of tracks you need for the drum software. BFD and Addictive Drums are great supplements to BIAB.
Win7/64 SP1 • i5-3570K • 16 GB RAM
Audiophile 192 • BIAB 2014 • Reaper 4
AKG C1000S • Behringer Xynex1002

#153968 - 04/12/12 04:28 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: filkertom]
Andy123 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Sussex - UK
Hi Tom,
I completely agree with you that Addicitive Drums is great. But I find it doesn't marry-up perfectly with Real Band. ie the AD 'Play' button doesn't work at all, and the 'tempo' and 'sync' buttons are unreliable. What's your experience ? Did you find a way to get AD to work perfectly with RB ? Thanks - Best - Andy

#153969 - 04/12/12 10:28 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Andy123]
Robh Offline
Veteran

RB/PT does not allow tempo sync so programs like Jamstix, and AD that require it will not work other than as "dumb" drum samplers. It is a feature request that has been on the board for a long time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Purchase jBridge for Only $10!

One of the exciting new features in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows is support for 64-bit VST Plugins when you use jBridge.

You can purchase jBridge for just $10 during our special! Click here for more information.

Load and Play Videos with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows!

One of the new features in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows is the ability to load videos that you have already downloaded from YouTube or elsewhere into Band-in-a-Box Video Window. The audio is extracted from the video to the audio track!
Watch program creator Peter Gannon explain this new feature here.

Introducing RealTracks Artist Mike Moreno - Upcoming Shows!

Mike Moreno is a Jazz guitarist recognized as being one of the most important figures in the new generation of Jazz guitarists! He's also a busy man - not only will you find his work in our newest Jazz RealTracks Sets 215-216, you'll also find him performing throughout January! For a complete list of his upcoming performances, visit http://www.mikemoreno.com/shows.html

NEW! Band-in-a-Box Version 2015 Build 412 Update

The Band-in-a-Box Version 2015 Build 412 update is a free update for every Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows user! Click here to download.
** Major feature added **
Save as Video.
Now you can save your Band-in-a-Box song composition as a video, that you can upload to YouTube or work with in video programs. Just press the [Save as] button and choose 'Save as Video'. The 'video' portion is the chordsheet in Band-in-a-Box that shows the chords and a highlighted bar moving as the song plays. Song title and song info displays at the top of the window. For example, you can make a backing track for a cool chord progression, and upload it to YouTube for others to play along to. Do a visual transpose and upload a second version for Bb tenor sax players.

This patch also includes:

• Fixed: When no mp3 codecs were available and render was chosen to mp3, program was sometimes locking up.

• Fixed: Icon changed for 2015 new features in some menus.

• Fixed: Most HiQ instruments have been updated - fixed tuning problems and one sustained note problem.

• Improved: RT207 - A new RT - Horn Section, Rhythm, Funk 2-part, Ev 110 (Simple with Space) adds space between riffs and sounds more like a background style.

• Fixed: RT 208 Rockabilly - RealStyle fixed.

• Fixed: RT 209 Baritone Sax - RealStyle fixed.

• Fixed: RT 210 Motown - Style Demos Audio added, some song demos updated.

• Fixed: RT 211 Motown - Demo fixed.

• Fixed: RT 212 Synths - RealStyle and demos added for Synth, ElectroFlutes, Rhythm Pop Ev 085

• Fixed: RT 216 Jazz Pollwinners - updated/fixed demos and styles.

• Fixed: Audiophile version crash when a specific P&W holds file was used.

• Updated: StylePicker list updates for new styles.

• Updated: Documentation and help file updates.

Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows Hard Drive!

The pre-installed hard drive option for the Band-in-a-Box UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK and Audiophile Edition packages are a convenient way to purchase your Band-in-a-Box! These options are delivered completely pre-installed on a high-speed USB 2.0 HD!

Taking your Band-in-a-Box with you is easy when you have the UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK or Audiophile Edition.

Listen to Demos of 101 NEW RealTracks!

With the recent release of Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows, we also released 101 NEW RealTracks! There are 33 new Jazz, 32 new Country and 36 new Pop-Rock RealTracks!
Learn more about the 101 new RealTracks for Windows in Sets 206-227 and listen to their demos here: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.101newrealtracks.htm

Get all 101 new Realtracks when you purchase the UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, Audiophile Edition or PlusPAK Upgrade! http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Customers LOVE the New Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows!

Here's what they're saying:
"Band-in-a-Box 2015 has the best new features EVER! Happy, happy!"..."The evolution of this program is nothing short of spectacular!"..."OMG! There are some very cool new features and some awesome new RealTracks! This is going to be a Very Merry Christmas for me!"…"You gotta love it!"…"This is a wonderful program!"…"Band-in-a-Box and RealBand are such amazing programs!"…"I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas - thanks PG!"..."Superb software!"..."I'm very excited as usual about this awesome PRODUCT."…"It's a GEM!"…"Unbelievable!" …"Band-in-a-Box is a great tool with the power and openness of RealBand, creation is accessible to all!"…"This is the BEST track backup program I have heard!"…"I'm constantly blown away by what this program is capable of!"…

Forum Stats
22393 Members
39 Forums
31702 Topics
251428 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 12:12 PM
Newest Members
lizziehemsneth, mark davis, gwp99, jdavemac, awptimus

22392 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
PeterGannon 278
Noel96 251