Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#153955 - 03/17/12 01:25 PM RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks
funkycornwall Offline
Enthusiast

Hi there,

I think the RealDrums are great and sould be more of them. There have loads of new RealTracks added in the last few versions but no new drums for a while. Anyway what I think would be really cool would be the ability to generate the RealDrums into separate tracks eg. Bass Drum, Snare, Toms, Hi-Hat and Cymbals. Then this would give mush greater control when later mixing down and perhaps adding effects. It would also be easier to modify the wave files to fit songs even better. Maybe this is impossible to do but it would be very cool if it was possible. Perhaps you could have the choice when you render the tracks of wither a single drum track or a grouped drum-track into separate files.

What do other people think?

Cheers

Tony

Edited by funkycornwall (03/17/12 07:34 PM)

#153956 - 03/17/12 02:14 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: funkycornwall]
jcspro40 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Ohio-USA
It's been brought up before, but I don't see that happening. It would a major hassle to do I think.....

#153957 - 03/17/12 07:38 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: jcspro40]
funkycornwall Offline
Enthusiast

Yes I am sure it would be difficult to achieve and a great deal of work but it would also be a major selling point and might draw many new users to Band in a Box. Maybe they could design a new set of multi-output drums to complement the existing ones.

#153958 - 03/19/12 08:22 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: funkycornwall]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

I think they should make the individual drums tracks available even if it is a separate purchase for those that want to mix with them in RB or another DAW.

We do need more RealDrum sets in general though -- more, more, more!

#153959 - 03/19/12 09:40 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Kemmrich]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George, N...
Having it as an optional additional purchase might work, similar to the way the audiophile version is available for those who need that.

I could use several tracks to combine Latin percussion with the 'regular' drum track. But don't forget, for the first time in version 2012, we now have something of a work-around with the loops feature.

#153960 - 03/19/12 12:41 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Matt Finley]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Given that these are audio recordings of real drummers playing real drum sets, I'm not sure how they would get clean recordings of each part without some sort of bleedover.

#153961 - 03/19/12 01:00 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: jford]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George, N...
Indeed. It would require lots of audio editing, if even possible. How it was recorded originally to separate tracks is critical.

#153962 - 03/19/12 02:50 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: jford]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Quote:

Given that these are audio recordings of real drummers playing real drum sets, I'm not sure how they would get clean recordings of each part without some sort of bleedover. -- jford

yes, you are going to have bleed-over. The drums separated out is NOT to have individual stuff to mix and match between realdrum sessions (although some would want that and it could be done in certain situations), but to mix differently the existing drum track based on the song's needs. If you want the kick drum to stand out in a section, you could bring down the other tracks. There's still some bleed-over, but that is to be expected.

Now, some would want to mix and match between realdrum sessions -- but that really is more of a "loop" function.

Kevin

P.S. But I am sure there would be lots of opportunities to mix and match, if that is what you want to do.

Edited by Kemmrich (03/19/12 07:18 PM)

#153963 - 03/19/12 06:34 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Kemmrich]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Or a better drum sample issue.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#153964 - 03/19/12 09:33 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Robh]
carkins Offline
Journeyman

Wonder if it would be possible to have a real drummer play a section several times over but each time using only one part of his drum kit and hitting the rest in the air (like playing air drums)to eliminate the bleeding problem.

He or she could follow a headphone recording of their full kit playing as a guide.

Or could individual Realdrum sounds be sampled and then synced to a midi signal as opposed to a synthesized midi drum sound or are those programs probably already available?.
Just some ideas.

Carkins

#153965 - 03/20/12 12:23 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: carkins]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Don't forget, it's already possible to split MIDI drums to different tracks. And Drum libraries like BFD can make a big difference in the sound. I dare say that a real MIDI enthusiast using BFD and MIDI drums split to different tracks could create a drum track that would make you smile.

#153966 - 03/20/12 09:38 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Pat Marr]
Robh Offline
Veteran

I use Jamstix for drums a lot, and it has a 8 output setting, that i can use to make split drum tracks, and while i do not use it often, when i do it comes out really cool.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#153967 - 03/21/12 05:30 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Robh]
filkertom Offline
Expert

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Yeah, most DAWs have a default that sets up the number of tracks you need for the drum software. BFD and Addictive Drums are great supplements to BIAB.
Win7/64 SP1 • i5-3570K • 16 GB RAM
Audiophile 192 • BIAB 2014 • Reaper 4
AKG C1000S • Behringer Xynex1002

#153968 - 04/12/12 04:28 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: filkertom]
Andy123 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Sussex - UK
Hi Tom,
I completely agree with you that Addicitive Drums is great. But I find it doesn't marry-up perfectly with Real Band. ie the AD 'Play' button doesn't work at all, and the 'tempo' and 'sync' buttons are unreliable. What's your experience ? Did you find a way to get AD to work perfectly with RB ? Thanks - Best - Andy

#153969 - 04/12/12 10:28 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Andy123]
Robh Offline
Veteran

RB/PT does not allow tempo sync so programs like Jamstix, and AD that require it will not work other than as "dumb" drum samplers. It is a feature request that has been on the board for a long time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box - You'll want to use them in ALL your projects!

RealTracks are a popular Add-on for Band-in-a-Box. Once you start using them, you won't want to stop!

RealTracks sound AMAZING - they are actual recordings of musicians! For a full list of our RealTracks Artists, click here.

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter for ALL the Latest News!

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter and you'll be the first to know about specials, new releases, contests and other exciting PG Music Inc. announcements!

A Dream Come True For This Band-in-a-Box User

Einar Olsen shares his Band-in-a-Box story with us:

2 days ago – a dream came true, that I couldn't done without Band-in-a- Box:

THANKS PETER GANNON AND ALL OF YOU AT PG MUSIC!

I live in a small and beautiful village in Suldal/Norway – as an old musician, i'm addicted to create music but with a long way to travel to find a real band and pro musicians, I've been using BiaB for years writing new songs.

Almost 3 years ago an idea was born: telling 100 years of local history of common man, using the american blues genre/folk music and the Norwegian language Nynorsk.

I'm not from this part of Norway, so I had to collaborate with someone – someone with local knowledge and writing skills – and not at least a voice that could carry a tone. I found that man, and we ended up with 12 new lyrics and songs for a show. Receiving great feedback on the songs, we started dreaming of recording an album – but how to make it – how to finance it?

Well, I have some guitars, an old Mac Pro and BiaB!

The RealTracks in BiaB are so musically well done that I started the pre-production. The pre-productions actually sounded so good that I decided to use BiaB-tracks, tweak them and do the rest of the playing myself.

Could this end up as a "professional album"? My local collaborator on main vocal and I started believing, and…

…and 2 days ago the final result was released worldwide:

Blå tonar frå Suldal

THANKS for making a great software and putting effort in the glory of music, so this album could be made!

Best regards
Einar Olsen
MolsenHouse Productions

Congrats to Einar and Terje on the release of their album 'Blå tonar frå Suldal'!

For more information on the album, read the Press Release
and listen to song demos on Amazon.

Now Available - Cakewalk Music Creator 7

Cakewalk Music Creator 7 is here! This program includes the TTS-1 synth, which can be used as your MIDI sound source in Band-in-a-Box and other programs!

Learn more about Cakewalk Music Creator 7 here.

Video - jBridge with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows

You can use your 64-bit VST plugins and VSTi instruments with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows, using jBridge.
Band-in-a-Box 2015 has built-in support for jBridge, so you just use your plugins as you normally would, by selecting 32-bit or 64-bit plugins within Band-in-a-Box!

Learn more here: YouTube Video - jBridge with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows

Band-in-a-Box Feature - UserTracks

Did you know that you have the option of creating your very own RealTracks? We refer to these as UserTracks. UserTracks allow you to create your own audio styles to use in Band-in-a-Box or RealBand.

Making your own UserTracks is easy! Simply record the tracks in Band-in-a-Box, RealBand or any DAW. Once the track is recorded, name your UserTracks and add them to the UserTracks folder in Band-in-a-Box or RealBand. They are now ready to be used like any other RealTracks!
Watch the video and learn more: http://www.pgmusic.com/usertracks1.htm

RealTracks Artists Kenny Barron and Gary Smulyan - Winners at the JJA Jazz Awards!

The Jazz Journalists Association have announced the winners for their 19th annual Jazz Journalists Association Jazz Awards! Two of the winners are RealTracks Artists - Congratulations Kenny Barron and Gary Smulyan!!

Record of the Year:
The Art of Conversation (Impulse!)
Kenny Barron and Dave Holland

Trio or Duo of the Year:
Kenny Barron and Dave Holland

Pianist of the Year:
Kenny Barron

Baritone Saxophonist of the Year:
Gary Smulyan

For a complete list of winners, visit: http://www.jjajazzawards.org/p/2015.html

Forum Stats
23096 Members