Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#153955 - 03/17/12 01:25 PM RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks
funkycornwall Offline
Enthusiast

Hi there,

I think the RealDrums are great and sould be more of them. There have loads of new RealTracks added in the last few versions but no new drums for a while. Anyway what I think would be really cool would be the ability to generate the RealDrums into separate tracks eg. Bass Drum, Snare, Toms, Hi-Hat and Cymbals. Then this would give mush greater control when later mixing down and perhaps adding effects. It would also be easier to modify the wave files to fit songs even better. Maybe this is impossible to do but it would be very cool if it was possible. Perhaps you could have the choice when you render the tracks of wither a single drum track or a grouped drum-track into separate files.

What do other people think?

Cheers

Tony

Edited by funkycornwall (03/17/12 07:34 PM)

#153956 - 03/17/12 02:14 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: funkycornwall]
jcspro40 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Ohio-USA
It's been brought up before, but I don't see that happening. It would a major hassle to do I think.....

#153957 - 03/17/12 07:38 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: jcspro40]
funkycornwall Offline
Enthusiast

Yes I am sure it would be difficult to achieve and a great deal of work but it would also be a major selling point and might draw many new users to Band in a Box. Maybe they could design a new set of multi-output drums to complement the existing ones.

#153958 - 03/19/12 08:22 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: funkycornwall]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

I think they should make the individual drums tracks available even if it is a separate purchase for those that want to mix with them in RB or another DAW.

We do need more RealDrum sets in general though -- more, more, more!

#153959 - 03/19/12 09:40 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Kemmrich]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mid-Hudson Valley, New York an...
Having it as an optional additional purchase might work, similar to the way the audiophile version is available for those who need that.

I could use several tracks to combine Latin percussion with the 'regular' drum track. But don't forget, for the first time in version 2012, we now have something of a work-around with the loops feature.

#153960 - 03/19/12 12:41 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Matt Finley]
jford Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Given that these are audio recordings of real drummers playing real drum sets, I'm not sure how they would get clean recordings of each part without some sort of bleedover.

#153961 - 03/19/12 01:00 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: jford]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mid-Hudson Valley, New York an...
Indeed. It would require lots of audio editing, if even possible. How it was recorded originally to separate tracks is critical.

#153962 - 03/19/12 02:50 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: jford]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Quote:

Given that these are audio recordings of real drummers playing real drum sets, I'm not sure how they would get clean recordings of each part without some sort of bleedover. -- jford

yes, you are going to have bleed-over. The drums separated out is NOT to have individual stuff to mix and match between realdrum sessions (although some would want that and it could be done in certain situations), but to mix differently the existing drum track based on the song's needs. If you want the kick drum to stand out in a section, you could bring down the other tracks. There's still some bleed-over, but that is to be expected.

Now, some would want to mix and match between realdrum sessions -- but that really is more of a "loop" function.

Kevin

P.S. But I am sure there would be lots of opportunities to mix and match, if that is what you want to do.

Edited by Kemmrich (03/19/12 07:18 PM)

#153963 - 03/19/12 06:34 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Kemmrich]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Or a better drum sample issue.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#153964 - 03/19/12 09:33 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Robh]
carkins Offline
Journeyman

Wonder if it would be possible to have a real drummer play a section several times over but each time using only one part of his drum kit and hitting the rest in the air (like playing air drums)to eliminate the bleeding problem.

He or she could follow a headphone recording of their full kit playing as a guide.

Or could individual Realdrum sounds be sampled and then synced to a midi signal as opposed to a synthesized midi drum sound or are those programs probably already available?.
Just some ideas.

Carkins

#153965 - 03/20/12 12:23 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: carkins]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Don't forget, it's already possible to split MIDI drums to different tracks. And Drum libraries like BFD can make a big difference in the sound. I dare say that a real MIDI enthusiast using BFD and MIDI drums split to different tracks could create a drum track that would make you smile.

1) it'll be the best version yet!
2) see reason #1

#153966 - 03/20/12 09:38 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Pat Marr]
Robh Offline
Veteran

I use Jamstix for drums a lot, and it has a 8 output setting, that i can use to make split drum tracks, and while i do not use it often, when i do it comes out really cool.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 4 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Producer, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, clone jazz bass, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#153967 - 03/21/12 05:30 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Robh]
filkertom Offline
Expert

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Yeah, most DAWs have a default that sets up the number of tracks you need for the drum software. BFD and Addictive Drums are great supplements to BIAB.
Win7/64 SP1 • i5-3570K • 16 GB RAM
Audiophile 192 • BIAB 2014 • Reaper 4
AKG C1000S • Behringer Xynex1002

#153968 - 04/12/12 04:28 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: filkertom]
Andy123 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Sussex - UK
Hi Tom,
I completely agree with you that Addicitive Drums is great. But I find it doesn't marry-up perfectly with Real Band. ie the AD 'Play' button doesn't work at all, and the 'tempo' and 'sync' buttons are unreliable. What's your experience ? Did you find a way to get AD to work perfectly with RB ? Thanks - Best - Andy

#153969 - 04/12/12 10:28 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Andy123]
Robh Offline
Veteran

RB/PT does not allow tempo sync so programs like Jamstix, and AD that require it will not work other than as "dumb" drum samplers. It is a feature request that has been on the board for a long time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Ron Carter - Performs December 4th!

Ron Carter & His Trio are performing as part of the Jazz Giants Series in Palo Alto, CA on December 4th!

Click here for more information about this event.

Video Support Pages - Band-in-a-Box Tips & Tricks and More!

Whether you're looking for a video demonstration of Band-in-a-Box or Tips & Tricks for all those features, there's a video for you!
Visit our Video Support Page to see all the videos we have to offer!

These are also available on our YouTube Channel.

Stay in Touch With Us on Facebook and Twitter!

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter and you'll be the first to know about specials, new releases, contests and other exciting PG Music Inc. announcements!

Video - How to Search for and Replace Chords in Band-in-a-Box

If you're looking for some tips on how to quickly replace specific chords or chord types with other chords in Band-in-a-Box, make sure you watch this video: http://youtu.be/XR1YTaKU8QA

Share Your Songs on Our User Showcase Forum!

Have you created a song using Band-in-a-Box, RealBand or PowerTracks Pro Audio? Share it on our User Showcase Forum - that way all of our Forum Users can enjoy your song!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows - 13 Languages Available!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows is available in thirteen different languages!

Select the following page for a complete list of the translations available: http://www.bandinabox.com

Do you have the English version and would prefer a different language? Contact us with your request!

RealTracks Artist Artist Gary Smulyan December Performances

Gary Smulyan has some upcoming performances for December!
Dec 1: New Brunswick, NJ
Dec 2: Northampton, MA
Dec 5: Concert with Phill Woods at Syracuse University
Dec 6: Auburn, NY

Visit http://garysmulyan.com and click on tour for more information.

Forum Stats
22265 Members
38 Forums
30960 Topics
246379 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 12:12 PM
Newest Members
bubbawny, ijklmn266862, Phineas, bop, darchtop

22264 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pat Marr 163
seeker 136