Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#153955 - 03/17/12 01:25 PM RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks
funkycornwall Offline
Apprentice

Hi there,

I think the RealDrums are great and sould be more of them. There have loads of new RealTracks added in the last few versions but no new drums for a while. Anyway what I think would be really cool would be the ability to generate the RealDrums into separate tracks eg. Bass Drum, Snare, Toms, Hi-Hat and Cymbals. Then this would give mush greater control when later mixing down and perhaps adding effects. It would also be easier to modify the wave files to fit songs even better. Maybe this is impossible to do but it would be very cool if it was possible. Perhaps you could have the choice when you render the tracks of wither a single drum track or a grouped drum-track into separate files.

What do other people think?

Cheers

Tony

Edited by funkycornwall (03/17/12 07:34 PM)

#153956 - 03/17/12 02:14 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: funkycornwall]
jcspro40 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Ohio-USA
It's been brought up before, but I don't see that happening. It would a major hassle to do I think.....

#153957 - 03/17/12 07:38 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: jcspro40]
funkycornwall Offline
Apprentice

Yes I am sure it would be difficult to achieve and a great deal of work but it would also be a major selling point and might draw many new users to Band in a Box. Maybe they could design a new set of multi-output drums to complement the existing ones.

#153958 - 03/19/12 08:22 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: funkycornwall]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

I think they should make the individual drums tracks available even if it is a separate purchase for those that want to mix with them in RB or another DAW.

We do need more RealDrum sets in general though -- more, more, more!

#153959 - 03/19/12 09:40 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Kemmrich]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Having it as an optional additional purchase might work, similar to the way the audiophile version is available for those who need that.

I could use several tracks to combine Latin percussion with the 'regular' drum track. But don't forget, for the first time in version 2012, we now have something of a work-around with the loops feature.
BIAB 2016 for Windows Audiophile, SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, & Encore running on Windows 10 64-bit, i7. Hardware includes a Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20, TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch.

#153960 - 03/19/12 12:41 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Matt Finley]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Given that these are audio recordings of real drummers playing real drum sets, I'm not sure how they would get clean recordings of each part without some sort of bleedover.

PC: HP, I5, Win10Pro (64-bit) 8GB, Dual 1TB 7200RPM
S/W: BB/RB, Sonar, Reaper, Notion, Finale, etc
Sounds: FastTrack Pro, NI Kontakt Ultimate, Casio Kbds, Halion Pro, Garritan, etc

#153961 - 03/19/12 01:00 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: jford]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Indeed. It would require lots of audio editing, if even possible. How it was recorded originally to separate tracks is critical.
BIAB 2016 for Windows Audiophile, SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, & Encore running on Windows 10 64-bit, i7. Hardware includes a Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20, TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch.

#153962 - 03/19/12 02:50 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: jford]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Quote:

Given that these are audio recordings of real drummers playing real drum sets, I'm not sure how they would get clean recordings of each part without some sort of bleedover. -- jford

yes, you are going to have bleed-over. The drums separated out is NOT to have individual stuff to mix and match between realdrum sessions (although some would want that and it could be done in certain situations), but to mix differently the existing drum track based on the song's needs. If you want the kick drum to stand out in a section, you could bring down the other tracks. There's still some bleed-over, but that is to be expected.

Now, some would want to mix and match between realdrum sessions -- but that really is more of a "loop" function.

Kevin

P.S. But I am sure there would be lots of opportunities to mix and match, if that is what you want to do.

Edited by Kemmrich (03/19/12 07:18 PM)

#153963 - 03/19/12 06:34 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Kemmrich]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Or a better drum sample issue.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#153964 - 03/19/12 09:33 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Robh]
carkins Offline
Journeyman

Wonder if it would be possible to have a real drummer play a section several times over but each time using only one part of his drum kit and hitting the rest in the air (like playing air drums)to eliminate the bleeding problem.

He or she could follow a headphone recording of their full kit playing as a guide.

Or could individual Realdrum sounds be sampled and then synced to a midi signal as opposed to a synthesized midi drum sound or are those programs probably already available?.
Just some ideas.

Carkins

#153965 - 03/20/12 12:23 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: carkins]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Don't forget, it's already possible to split MIDI drums to different tracks. And Drum libraries like BFD can make a big difference in the sound. I dare say that a real MIDI enthusiast using BFD and MIDI drums split to different tracks could create a drum track that would make you smile.

#153966 - 03/20/12 09:38 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Pat Marr]
Robh Offline
Veteran

I use Jamstix for drums a lot, and it has a 8 output setting, that i can use to make split drum tracks, and while i do not use it often, when i do it comes out really cool.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#153967 - 03/21/12 05:30 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Robh]
filkertom Offline
Expert

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Yeah, most DAWs have a default that sets up the number of tracks you need for the drum software. BFD and Addictive Drums are great supplements to BIAB.
Win10/64 • i5-3570K • 16 GB RAM
Audiophile 192 • BIAB 2016 • Reaper 5
AKG C1000S • Behringer Xynex1002

#153968 - 04/12/12 04:28 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: filkertom]
Andy123 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Sussex - UK
Hi Tom,
I completely agree with you that Addicitive Drums is great. But I find it doesn't marry-up perfectly with Real Band. ie the AD 'Play' button doesn't work at all, and the 'tempo' and 'sync' buttons are unreliable. What's your experience ? Did you find a way to get AD to work perfectly with RB ? Thanks - Best - Andy

#153969 - 04/12/12 10:28 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Andy123]
Robh Offline
Veteran

RB/PT does not allow tempo sync so programs like Jamstix, and AD that require it will not work other than as "dumb" drum samplers. It is a feature request that has been on the board for a long time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
#TipTuesday Band-in-a-Box for Windows Keystroke Commands

Speed up your song creation when you use Keystroke Commands in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows!

For example, here are the commands for switching between the different Windows in Band-in-a-Box®:
Ctrl+W Toggle Notation and Chord Sheet windows.
Ctrl+O Movable Notation window.
Alt+W Lead Sheet window.
Ctrl+T Display Notation screen or Chord Sheet in full screen.
Ctrl+~ Conductor window.
Ctrl+Shift+A Audio Edit window.
Ctrl+Shift+D Drum Kit window.
Ctrl+Shift+G Guitar window.
Ctrl+Shift+J Ear training window.
Ctrl+Shift+L Big Lyrics window.
Ctrl+Shift+M Mixer Window
Ctrl+Shift+N Big Piano window.
Ctrl+Shift+S Plug-in mode for DAW.
Alt+Shift+L Practice window.
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+L Lyric Document window.

....and that's just a taste!

You'll find the complete list is available within the Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Windows program manual PDF. You can also view it here.

Informative Joanne Cooper Blog Post! 6 Simple Steps... #TipTuesday!

Joanne Cooper is a long time Band-in-a-Box user, and has been a member of our forum for years! We've all listened to the many songs she's shared (and loved every single one of them!), and many of our Forum members have also tuned in to her performances on Street Jelly!

Joanne has her own website, www.joannecooper.co.za/home, where you can listen to her music, watch some videos, scroll through photos, and more! She also shares her blog on this site, which has most recently been updated with the posting 6 simple steps to make cool backing tracks for popular cover songs using Band-in-a-Box.

Read through this informative Blog posting and you'll learn how she creates her backing tracks while using Band-in-a-Box!

Joanne has also created a Band-in-a-Box Video Testimonial, which can be viewed here.

Thank you Joanne for writing this blog post & sharing it with us!

Listen to Songs from other Band-in-a-Box Users on Our Forums! #MondayMotivation

If you're looking for some motivation to help you get started writing songs using Band-in-a-Box, pop in to our User Showcase Forum or the Xtra Styles Contest forum... both of these pages are loaded with songs other users have created with Band-in-a-Box (or other PG Music software).

When you've created your own song, feel free to share it on our User Showcase Forum, where you will also receive feedback from other forum members.

Xtra Styles Song Contest - 1 Week Left!

Add your song to the entries for your chance to win 1 of 4 prizes of $150 PG Bucks! That's right... we're giving away a prize for each genre: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Singer/Songwriter!
The contest is open for submission until midnight September 30, 2016.

Listen to the songs already submitted here: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=91

The Xtra Styles Special - There's Still Time!

There's still time to add over 160 professionally mixed RealStyles included in the new Xtra Styles PAKs for the introductory price of $29!

That's right - our Xtra Styles Special is going strong, but time is running out! Until September 30, 2016 you can purchase the All Xtra Styles PAK 1 for just $29 (reg. $49).
www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php

The Xtra Styles PAKs require the RealTracks and RealDrums included in your Band-in-a-Box® 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition. A handful of these new RealStyles use RealTracks from the 2016 49-PAK. If you don't have the 2016 49-PAK, there is a special purchase option: the "All Xtra Styles PAK 1 & 2016 49-PAK Bundle" for just $49! Note: This package is only available until September 30th.

Once you've added the Xtra Styles PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® collection, create an original song using one of the 164 RealStyles included and enter it in our Xtra Styles Contest!
There are four prizes of $150 "PG Bucks" to be won - one for each genre: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Singer/Songwriter! Entries can be submitted until midnight September 30, 2016. Click here for complete contest details.

Add versatility and a modern flair to your current RealTracks and RealDrums library with Xtra Styles PAKs!

#FunFactFriday - Where is PG Music Inc?

Did you know that PG Music Inc. is located in Victoria, British Columbia (Canada)?

Victoria, BC is located on Vancouver Island. Don't let the name fool you, we are not located in Vancouver (a common mistake...)

Our city is home to and endless list of attractions, including: the Legislature Building (we are the capital city of British Columbia), the Craigdarroch Castle, loads of Art Galleries, Butchart Gardens, the Royal BC Museum, CFB Esquimalt, and loads of other great tourist stops! We are also lucky enough to have a huge music scene (a few of our PG Team members perform often!).

There has also been a lot of movies and TV shows filmed here - including X-Men, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and X-Men: The Last Stand (Royal Roads University is the Professor Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters)!

Want to learn more about Victoria? Visit the Tourism Victoria website: www.tourismvictoria.com/

Herb Hartley's Song Success!

If you frequent the User Showcase Forum, then you've likely heard one of the many songs shared by "Guitarhacker" (Herb Hartley) - most recently Something To Die For & Jesus Is Risen.

Well, Herb just announced that his songs have also landed some TV show placements - how amazing is that!?!
In case you missed it, read all about this announcement here.

Here at PG Music, we think this is awesome! Congratulations Herb!

Forum Stats
25174 Members
45 Forums
41387 Topics
332008 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
Angelo Franco, kjh, Pilipe, Dandon42, Quatrane

25174 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 241
David Snyder 195