Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#153563 - 03/14/12 02:33 PM [User Showcase] To Know You Love Me
vzudell Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Otter Lake, Michigan
This song is a cowrite with Susie Whiting and was written back in 2009 when I had just installed my 2009 version of BIAB with RealBand. I don't remember all the settings now, just remember that I had done the basic layout on BIAB and then went into RealBand to do some editing and add the Fiddle, Pedal Steel and vocals. I was aiming at a country/folk feeling to compliment the Novella that Susie had written that was set in country/folk background.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=7120218

#153564 - 03/14/12 03:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: vzudell]
Tim Lawrence Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Long Beach California. United ...
Val,

Well I'd say you captured the feeling in those lyrics perfectly.
Very poetic words and beautiful music to match.
Was that you singing?
Very nice voice.

The only thing I'd change if possible is to update the backing track.
There are so many new real styles in the newer BIAB that would make this song shine even better then it does now.

Good job.

Tim

#153565 - 03/14/12 06:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: Tim Lawrence]
vzudell Offline
Apprentice

Thanks Tim,
Yes that was me singing. If I can find the original tracks with the vocals maybe I could update the song as I have BIAB 2012 now and am amazed at the changes and the quality of the newer tracks. Would have to use the original vocals though as I lost my voice after a bout with bronchial pneumonia last year.

#153566 - 03/15/12 03:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: vzudell]
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Val,
This is a lovely song. You have a gift for melody!
SD

#153567 - 03/15/12 09:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: SpaceDog]
vzudell Offline
Apprentice

Thank you SpaceDog,
I usually write the melody first and then add the lyrics. Just seems easier to me. I really don't know where the melodies come from. Sometimes I wake up in the morning with a melody running through my head but I have to get to the keyboard right away or it's gone.

#153568 - 03/16/12 02:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: vzudell]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Nicely done! Beautiful vocals, and a nice clean mix.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#153569 - 03/16/12 07:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: Robh]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Howdy Yall, gotta love Country like this!

#153570 - 03/17/12 05:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: Tommyc]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Val,

Very nice! Beautiful singing. Praying you get your voice back!

Steve

#153571 - 03/17/12 09:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: vzudell]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
You have a wonderful voice. The song is great and well produced as well. Thanks 4 sharing!

My Music

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#153572 - 03/17/12 09:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: PgFantastic]
vzudell Offline
Apprentice

To Steve Young:

Thank you so much, I consider that a real compliment coming from you after listening to your music.

PgFantastic,

Appreciate your comments! Glad to have your opinion on this.

#153573 - 03/18/12 09:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: vzudell]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

You have such a lovely voice Val. I'm praying for you too.

Laugh often and love much.

#153574 - 03/19/12 06:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: Sundance]
vzudell Offline
Apprentice

Sundance,
With all the prayers going out for me, who knows? If I'm supposed to be singing again then it will happen. Thank you all so very much!

Val

#153575 - 03/19/12 07:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: vzudell]
toucher Offline
Expert

Loc: Arizona
Great country feel from the traditional view.

Rob

http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippmusic

#153576 - 03/21/12 11:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: toucher]
vzudell Offline
Apprentice

Tried to respond to your comment last night but my internet connection was having "fits"
Anyway I wanted to thank you for taking a listen and for your comment.

Val

#153577 - 04/06/12 04:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: vzudell]
Malmck Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Florida
Great song in the classic style: words, music, & vocal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Eric Blackmon Tutorial Video - 2.8 Million Views!

Eric Blackmon uses Band-in-a-Box® accompaniment with his online tutorials, and has just let us know that his first Band-in-a-Box® featured video tutorial, How To Play An Electric Guitar Solo Without Even THINKING About Scales #1 In Am has more than 2.8 Million views!

Check out the video: How To Play An Electric Guitar Solo Without Even THINKING About Scales #1 In Am

Watch all of Eric's videos on his YouTube channel.

New Band-in-a-Box® Xtra Styles PAKs Quick Start Video!

Wondering how to get started with your Xtra Styles PAKs? You're in luck... we have created a Band-in-a-Box® Xtra Styles PAK Quick Start Video to help!

Check it out: Video: Band-in-a-Box® Xtra Styles PAK Quick Start

Learn more about the just-released Xtra Styles PAK 3! Listen to demos of these 160 new RealStyles at www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?pak=all&os=win#pak3.

Don't forget... the Xtra Styles PAK 3 is on sale for just $29 during our Xtra Styles special, which ends July 31, 2017!

Plus... if you don't have any Xtra Styles yet, you'll be happy to hear that you can purchase all three sets (485 RealStyles) and the 2017 49-PAK for only $129 during our Xtra Styles special.

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2017 for Windows Build 466 Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows customers can install the latest patch update (Build 466) here: www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#466

Fixed: Rendering to MP3 might fail with error "cannot get stream size".
Fixed: Rendering to MP3 will cause Band-in-a-Box to crash if choosing "MPEG Layer-3" as the codec.
Fixed: The style name and description would not be displayed immediately after bootup.
Fixed: The total choruses button should show the current chorus during playback.
Fixed: There were various errors (eg notes not transposed) in the Chord Builder popup menus.
Fixed: When demoing RealDrums in the RealDrums Picker dialog, the demo would not start at the beginning.
Fixed: When exporting a MIDI file, RealTracks would generate even if "Save RealCharts in MIDI files" was disabled.
Fixed: When using the * wildcard for chord type in the Search-Replace Chords dialog, all of the resulting chords would have their type changed to 6.

(Note: This is a cumulative update patch, which works from any 2017 build.)

User Tips - Entering Melody

Our Forum is packed with helpful posts - especially the Tips & Tricks section, where other program users share their own tips for working with PG Music Inc. software.

Like this recent post by Icelander: Always enter your melody in as midi - check it out!

Have your own tips & tricks to share? Join the conversation today when you register on our forum!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac Video Review!

We're proud to say that Band-in-a-Box® is enjoyed worldwide!

Our most recent video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac was created by Aram, who is a sound producer, production blogger, and author of popular video tutorials broadcasted in MUZBIZNES.

You many not be able to understand everything he says (it's in Russian), but check it out: Video Review: Band-in-a-Box

Click here to review our notes (in English) of this video review.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac 49-PAK - It's Still Here!

The for Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac 49-PAK is still available, and includes 24 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 24 Instrumental Studies, 34 MIDI SuperTracks, and 59 Styles for Rediscovered RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks!

Now, all First-time & regular-price Upgrade purchases of the Band-in-a-Box® 2017 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition include the 49-PAK! Pro, MegaPAK, and PlusPAK customers can add it to their purchase for just $49! www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm

Learn more about what is in the 2017 49-PAK: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.49pak.htm

Listen to Xtra Styles PAK 3 Demos!

We've just released 160 new RealStyles in Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and Americana styles with Xtra Styles PAK 3!

Listen to demos for all 160 RealStyles here.

Forum Stats
26101 Members
49 Forums
46247 Topics
376011 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
CaptTomLarsen, guitar2amp, mark1066, GMC_Phil, disfunker

26101 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 169
Al-David 153