Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
#153563 - 03/14/12 02:33 PM [User Showcase] To Know You Love Me
vzudell Offline

Loc: Otter Lake, Michigan
This song is a cowrite with Susie Whiting and was written back in 2009 when I had just installed my 2009 version of BIAB with RealBand. I don't remember all the settings now, just remember that I had done the basic layout on BIAB and then went into RealBand to do some editing and add the Fiddle, Pedal Steel and vocals. I was aiming at a country/folk feeling to compliment the Novella that Susie had written that was set in country/folk background.

#153564 - 03/14/12 03:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: vzudell]
Tim Lawrence Offline

Loc: Long Beach California. United ...

Well I'd say you captured the feeling in those lyrics perfectly.
Very poetic words and beautiful music to match.
Was that you singing?
Very nice voice.

The only thing I'd change if possible is to update the backing track.
There are so many new real styles in the newer BIAB that would make this song shine even better then it does now.

Good job.

#153565 - 03/14/12 06:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: Tim Lawrence]
vzudell Offline

Thanks Tim,
Yes that was me singing. If I can find the original tracks with the vocals maybe I could update the song as I have BIAB 2012 now and am amazed at the changes and the quality of the newer tracks. Would have to use the original vocals though as I lost my voice after a bout with bronchial pneumonia last year.

#153566 - 03/15/12 03:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: vzudell]
SpaceDog Offline

Loc: Maryland
This is a lovely song. You have a gift for melody!

#153567 - 03/15/12 09:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: SpaceDog]
vzudell Offline

Thank you SpaceDog,
I usually write the melody first and then add the lyrics. Just seems easier to me. I really don't know where the melodies come from. Sometimes I wake up in the morning with a melody running through my head but I have to get to the keyboard right away or it's gone.

#153568 - 03/16/12 02:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: vzudell]
Robh Offline

Loc: California
Nicely done! Beautiful vocals, and a nice clean mix.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#153569 - 03/16/12 07:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: Robh]
Tommyc Offline

Howdy Yall, gotta love Country like this!

#153570 - 03/17/12 05:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: Tommyc]
Steve Young Offline

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX

Very nice! Beautiful singing. Praying you get your voice back!

Steve Young
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann

#153571 - 03/17/12 09:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: vzudell]
PgFantastic Offline

Loc: Kentucky
You have a wonderful voice. The song is great and well produced as well. Thanks 4 sharing!

My Music
My Tunes

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#153572 - 03/17/12 09:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: PgFantastic]
vzudell Offline

To Steve Young:

Thank you so much, I consider that a real compliment coming from you after listening to your music.

Appreciate your comments! Glad to have your opinion on this.

#153573 - 03/18/12 09:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: vzudell]
Sundance Offline

You have such a lovely voice Val. I'm praying for you too.
My videos
My songs

#153574 - 03/19/12 06:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: Sundance]
vzudell Offline

With all the prayers going out for me, who knows? If I'm supposed to be singing again then it will happen. Thank you all so very much!

#153575 - 03/19/12 07:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: vzudell]
toucher Offline

Loc: Arizona
Great country feel from the traditional view.

Dang....This is addicting.

#153576 - 03/21/12 11:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: toucher]
vzudell Offline

Tried to respond to your comment last night but my internet connection was having "fits"
Anyway I wanted to thank you for taking a listen and for your comment.

#153577 - 04/06/12 04:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: To Know You Love Me [Re: vzudell]
Malmck Offline

Loc: Florida
Great song in the classic style: words, music, & vocal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows® - Installing from an External Hard Drive (Option 1) Tutorial

Have you purchased a Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, which ships on a portable USB hard drive? Once received, there are a few different options for you: Run Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive only, Install Band-in-a-Box® on your computer hard drive (but leave the RealTracks and RealDrums on the USB hard drive), Install Band-in-a-Box® AND RealTracks on your computer hard drive, or choose a Custom Installation!

In this video, we go through the process of installing Band-in-a-Box using "Option 1" for running Band-in-a-Box® directly from the USB drive:

For more detailed information, visit

No matter how you install and use your Band-in-a-Box® hard drive, make sure you're saving your songs (or a copy of them) to your own folder not on the hard drive - that way you'll have a back-up copy if your hard drive isn't available to you!

Bach Chorales - Article: “Musical Perfection”: Reflecting on the Contemporary and Timeless Bach Chorales

In his recent article, "Musical Perfection": Reflecting on the Contemporary and Timeless Bach Chorales, Frank Fortunato describes our Bach Chorales software as "a fun, interactive exposure to the Bach chorales, or to introduce the chorales to students in a more interactive way...":

Learn more about Johann Sebastian Bach and listen to choral ensemble sing some of Bach's most enchanting compositions with our multimedia software The Bach Chorales Volume 1 & 2, which includes a detailed history of the life and times of Johann Sebastian Bach and inspiring performances of his famous Chorales!

"...hours of personal entertainment using resources from one of the most timeless collections in the history of music."
-Frank Fortunato,

Video - Installing Band-in-a-Box® from the Flash Drive Tutorial

When you order directly from us, there's an option to have your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK installation files sent to you on a flash drive (instead of DVD).
(this option appears during the check-out process)

We've created this handy tutorial video to walk you through the installation process:

Guitar Riffs Solo Lesson - YouTube Find (EricBlackmonGuitar)

Check out EricBlackmonGuitar's latest video, QUIK LICKS #14 Guitar Riffs Solo Lesson EricBlackmonGuitar HQ, where he not only teached a great guitar riff, but he also repeats that lick over a Band-in-a-Box backing track... what a great way to show how Band-in-a-Box is ideal for backing tracks!

Video link:

Thank you Eric!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - Cleaned-up BB folder!

It's the first day of spring today, which means it's time to start spring cleaning!

We cleaned up the BB folder with our release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018. Over the years, this folder has been growing - there were up to 10,000 files in there! We've fixed this and put the files into various folders. This is done with a cleanup routine. The cleanup normally happens automatically during installation, but you can run it manually by selecting the main menu Help | Utilities | Run Cleanup routine.

The cleanup routine does the following:
-Moves Styles files (.STY/.STX) from C:\bb to C:\bb\Styles.
-Moves Soloists files (.ST2/.XT2) from C:\bb to C:\bb\Soloists.
-Moves various Demo folders to C:\Demos.
-Moves various songs and lessons folders to C:\bb\Songs and Lessons.
-Moves various files essential for running Band-in-a-Box to C:\bb\Data and C:\bb\Data\Lib.
-Moves various preferences files to C:\bb\Preferences.
-Moves tutorial demo songs, program manuals (.pdf), and the help file (.chm) to C:\bb\Documentation.

Oliver Gannon Interview - Appointed to the Order of Canada!

Oliver Gannon (Peter Gannon's brother), was appointed to the Order of Canada in recognition for "his achievements as a musician" on December 29, 2017!

Oliver recently sat for an interview with CBC's Hot Air host Margaret Gallagher - read a summary and listen to the interview at

'I don't know ... why they chose me. But I'm very glad and I'm not giving it back'
-Oliver Gannon

To be clear, and avoid any confusion, there are two brothers: Peter Gannon is the "Band-in-a-Box" PG Music guy, and Oliver Gannon is the jazz guitarist who just won the Order of Canada.

#Monday Motivation - Free Band-in-a-Box® Hard Drive!

Want to snag yourself a free Band-in-a-Box® hard drive? Tell everyone how much you love Band-in-a-Box® with your very own Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial video!

Submit your video, and when we use it on our website (and YouTube page) we will send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® Hard Drive!

Learn more about how to submit your video testimonial here.

Take a look at the video testimonials we've already received at

Forum Stats
27265 Members
49 Forums
50765 Topics
417841 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
JohnM68, yakitori, jtbutler, ronncat, riffgreen

27262 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 178