You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#154249 - 03/19/12 11:40 PM [RealBand] How do I fade out a couple tracks I recorded and leave other tracks as they are?
rokq22 Offline
Apprentice

Well, the song went well and I didn't really care about the ending of the tracks I recorded at the time. But now I do. What I did was let the last chord ring out longer then I probably should have on two tracks as I thought that I could fix that easily later on. Now I'm not so sure. So what I have is a song that RealBand ended as it should have but the two tracks I recorded of myself playing continue to ring. I need to fade them out quicker at the end of the song to match the RealBand tracks. It's just that I don't want to screw up the whole recorded tracks experimenting.

I think it was on a RealBand to Reaper video tutorial where the person brought the tracks over to Reaper and at the end of recording(?) merely lowered the master volume for the ending and all the tracks ended the same way. But I don't know how to do that with RealBand. (I'm having some trouble using Reaper at the moment so want to know how to do this with RealBand). Again, the song ends correctly with the RealBand generated tracks but the two tracks I stuck in linger on too long. How do I fade them two tracks out while keeping the other tracks as they are?

#154250 - 03/20/12 12:41 AM [RealBand] Re: How do I fade out a couple tracks I recorded and leave other tracks as they are? [Re: rokq22]
seeker Offline
Veteran

Loc: 80 Mi North of Sacramento CA
rokq22,

One way to do it.

1. Select Area you want faded out
2. Click edit top left
3. Slide down to audio effect...then slide down to Gain change and click
4. a Box will open.
5. Click fade out in the right area.
6. Click process and your faded out..

If the fading is required in adjacent tracks think you could select
and fade the whole schemoly at same time.

Good luck!

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum

#154251 - 03/20/12 12:50 AM [RealBand] Re: How do I fade out a couple tracks I recorded and leave other tracks as they are? [Re: seeker]
rokq22 Offline
Apprentice

@seeker,
Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow and see what happens.

#154252 - 03/20/12 12:51 PM [RealBand] Re: How do I fade out a couple tracks I recorded and leave other tracks as they are? [Re: rokq22]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Piano Roll will also do this as well as other processes too. The Icon looks like a trash can, kind of.

#154253 - 03/20/12 06:59 PM [RealBand] Re: How do I fade out a couple tracks I recorded and leave other tracks as they are? [Re: Tommyc]
rokq22 Offline
Apprentice

Quote:

Piano Roll will also do this as well as other processes too. The Icon looks like a trash can, kind of.

I got that page opened in the manual and will have to read that. I really need to do the "mouse hover" thing over the icons as there are TONS of things I am clueless about as when the mouse hovers over the icon an explanation of it appears. Frankly, I don't think I would have found the purpose of the "Piano Roll" on my own but have to say it MIGHT be just what I'm looking for!!

Anyhow, seeker, I tried what you said and I know it'll come in handy for something later on but I realized that I needed something else. And that was a SNIP of the tracks at the end of the song not a fade out. When I SAW the tracks I noticed how uneven they were and started working on CUTTING the ends off to make them uniform so the instruments would stop at the same time. There was a problem (of course). The bass track seems to "hum" and I can't cut it where I want to cut it! I can cut the Real Tracks but not the bass MIDI track. I did notice that the Piano Roll was for MIDI however and the explanation of the Piano Roll feature is that it "lets you edit MIDI tracks with greater ease and precision." I've looked at it a little and it seems to be just what I'm looking for. I'll know later as I'm off to the bar to digest this stuff. And other things.

#154254 - 03/20/12 07:49 PM [RealBand] Re: How do I fade out a couple tracks I recorded and leave other tracks as they are? [Re: rokq22]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
How does a bass MIDI track 'hum'?? This confuced me; may have it routed to some kind of effect (?)
It should be a clean sound.

Anyway you can still fade it. Because it's MIDI the method is different.
Either the piano roll (using controller 11 in the selection box) and then draw it in the screen as an angled line going down,
OR use (I know it sounds weird):
Edit-Fill
Then Fill the highlited section with a control change 11 (or 7) fade out from whatever the initial setting is down to zero.
I've had luck both ways.

Another option is to right-click and generate the MIDI track to an audio track so the original 'Edit- gain change-fade' method works on the audio track (after muting the original MIDI track so it doesn't play at the same time!)

PG Music News
Video - Band-in-a-Box® and Pro Tools

Are you a Pro Tools user? Have you seen our video, Using Band-in-a-Box to Supercharge Pro Tools?

Watch it now to learn how the powerful combination of Band-in-a-Box® and Pro Tools can boost your music creativity: Video - Using Band-in-a-Box to Supercharge Pro Tools

YouTube Find - My First Backing Track, First YouTube Video

We love that YouTube user Rick Mccann posted a video playing along with his first backing track using Band-in-a-Box!

Watch - First YouTube Video

What a great job - hopefully we see more from Rick!

User Tip - Differences Between the 'Regular' and Audiophile Version... #TipTuesday

Long time program user and forum member Matt Finley had shared his tip regarding the Audiophile version of Band-in-a-Box earlier this year, and it's still valid today!

If you've ever wondered what the difference between the 'regular version' of Band-in-a-Box and the Audiophile version, make sure you read through his forum post: Tip: differences between the 'regular' and audiophile version - it's well written, and always great to hear about the program from fellow users!

The Audiophile Version includes the entire contents of the EverythingPAK and adds the uncompressed WAV or AIFF files for all the included RealTracks & RealDrums! Learn more about the Audiophile version: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.audiophile.htm

Band-in-a-Box® User Feedback - Wow!

There are so many ways to get in touch with people these days... phone, email, social networking, etc.... so of course we hear more feedback from program users these days!
...and here's what they're saying:

"I discovered Band in a Box about a year ago. I hesitated several times before purchasing it as I couldn't quite believe it was going to be as good as the hype. I eventually relented and I can honestly say, it's an incredible program and does some amazing things. As a songwriter, it's an indispensable tool and I can't imagine not having it."
-Vince C.

"I bought the first band in a box for my Atari 1040 ST and I used it for at least 10 years before upgrading to a Windows computer. After real drums, and then real tracks, came out I have upgraded every December since. The program is absolutely inspired and inspirational."
-Kirk O.

"Not everyone can find or afford real musicians to assist them when writing songs - and if working from home, as many songwriters do, there might not be room for them. Band In A Box does the next best thing and takes recordings of real musicians performing, then makes the material available pretty much in real time, in a form that adapts to your own composition by following the chord sequences. Hard to explain simply, but fairly amazing in practice."
-Steve C.

"Great tool for musicians - and the drummer keeps a steady beat!!"
-Maurice A.

"Great for learning new songs. I was weak on country rock songs and with the combination of using Riffstation and BIAB I am able to creat my own backup track for live performance and practicing songs with easier chording... Thanks PG!"
-Laurent C.

"I have it since 2001, use it all the time, great program!"
-John F.

"Thank you Band in a Box. I am a songwriter, and don't play several instruments, so I love being able to wear 2 hats and write and produce, and then later record vocals... You have probably saved me months/years on my project. Excellent tool. Thanks again!"
-Randy A.

"Didn't think I would ever go down that road but got roped into it by another muso friend, bought it and now loving it!"
-Fred P.

Let us know what you think! Post a review on our Band-in-a-Box Comments page, visit our Facebook page, or contact us directly.

User Blog - How I Am Using Band-in-a-Box to Learn to Play by Ear

Check out Joanne Cooper's October blog post: How I am using Band-in-a-Box to learn to play by ear!

Thank you for sharing this Joanne!

Woodshedding with Band-in-a-Box® #TrainYourBrainDay

Don't let the Woodshedding feature in Band-in-a-Box® pass you by - it's a great way to hone your musical skills! The Woodshedding feature within Band-in-a-Box is easily accessed within the Practice toolbar of the program. Change the settings to fit your needs... the idea is that you start off with a slow tempo, playing the part perfectly, and keep this up as the song tempo increases - what a great way to learn!

We added 12-Key "Woodshedding" RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box 2017! These have been recording in all 12 keys, so you can see what a pro would play over an Ab chord, and you won't see them play on a G transposed up to an Ab, and carefully transcribed notation, with correct bend/hammer-ons, pull-offs, and slides...

We have made some of these for country guitar (Brent Mason), piano (Mike Rojas), and pedal steel (Eddy Dunlap) with RealTracks Set 254!

We even have a Woodshedding - Learning to Play! Forum where you can post anything to do with learning to play any musical instrument (including vocals)!

#TBT - YouTube Find: Band-in-a-Box, Complex Numbers (Math with Marty!)

Learn a little history about Band-in-a-Box and Peter Gannon when you check out this blast-from-the-past YouTube video: Band-in-a-Box, Complex Numbers.

What a great find!

Forum Stats
26488 Members
50 Forums
47870 Topics
390744 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
haigashod, Claudio Goldfarb, Rantis, gregg_2211, StrumBum

26487 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Al-David 164