You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#154249 - 03/19/12 08:40 PM How do I fade out a couple tracks I recorded and leave other tracks as they are?
rokq22 Offline
Apprentice

Well, the song went well and I didn't really care about the ending of the tracks I recorded at the time. But now I do. What I did was let the last chord ring out longer then I probably should have on two tracks as I thought that I could fix that easily later on. Now I'm not so sure. So what I have is a song that RealBand ended as it should have but the two tracks I recorded of myself playing continue to ring. I need to fade them out quicker at the end of the song to match the RealBand tracks. It's just that I don't want to screw up the whole recorded tracks experimenting.

I think it was on a RealBand to Reaper video tutorial where the person brought the tracks over to Reaper and at the end of recording(?) merely lowered the master volume for the ending and all the tracks ended the same way. But I don't know how to do that with RealBand. (I'm having some trouble using Reaper at the moment so want to know how to do this with RealBand). Again, the song ends correctly with the RealBand generated tracks but the two tracks I stuck in linger on too long. How do I fade them two tracks out while keeping the other tracks as they are?

#154250 - 03/19/12 09:41 PM Re: How do I fade out a couple tracks I recorded and leave other tracks as they are? [Re: rokq22]
seeker Offline
Veteran

Loc: 80 Mi North of Sacramento CA
rokq22,

One way to do it.

1. Select Area you want faded out
2. Click edit top left
3. Slide down to audio effect...then slide down to Gain change and click
4. a Box will open.
5. Click fade out in the right area.
6. Click process and your faded out..

If the fading is required in adjacent tracks think you could select
and fade the whole schemoly at same time.

Good luck!

Journey To Beyond 6-06-2014
Win7,APU=AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,1TeraHD,Beats Audio
PG Every 2014,Alesis 12USB, Sonar X3 Prd

#154251 - 03/19/12 09:50 PM Re: How do I fade out a couple tracks I recorded and leave other tracks as they are? [Re: seeker]
rokq22 Offline
Apprentice

@seeker,
Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow and see what happens.

#154252 - 03/20/12 09:51 AM Re: How do I fade out a couple tracks I recorded and leave other tracks as they are? [Re: rokq22]
Tommyc Offline
Expert

Piano Roll will also do this as well as other processes too. The Icon looks like a trash can, kind of.

#154253 - 03/20/12 03:59 PM Re: How do I fade out a couple tracks I recorded and leave other tracks as they are? [Re: Tommyc]
rokq22 Offline
Apprentice

Quote:

Piano Roll will also do this as well as other processes too. The Icon looks like a trash can, kind of.

I got that page opened in the manual and will have to read that. I really need to do the "mouse hover" thing over the icons as there are TONS of things I am clueless about as when the mouse hovers over the icon an explanation of it appears. Frankly, I don't think I would have found the purpose of the "Piano Roll" on my own but have to say it MIGHT be just what I'm looking for!!

Anyhow, seeker, I tried what you said and I know it'll come in handy for something later on but I realized that I needed something else. And that was a SNIP of the tracks at the end of the song not a fade out. When I SAW the tracks I noticed how uneven they were and started working on CUTTING the ends off to make them uniform so the instruments would stop at the same time. There was a problem (of course). The bass track seems to "hum" and I can't cut it where I want to cut it! I can cut the Real Tracks but not the bass MIDI track. I did notice that the Piano Roll was for MIDI however and the explanation of the Piano Roll feature is that it "lets you edit MIDI tracks with greater ease and precision." I've looked at it a little and it seems to be just what I'm looking for. I'll know later as I'm off to the bar to digest this stuff. And other things.

#154254 - 03/20/12 04:49 PM Re: How do I fade out a couple tracks I recorded and leave other tracks as they are? [Re: rokq22]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
How does a bass MIDI track 'hum'?? This confuced me; may have it routed to some kind of effect (?)
It should be a clean sound.

Anyway you can still fade it. Because it's MIDI the method is different.
Either the piano roll (using controller 11 in the selection box) and then draw it in the screen as an angled line going down,
OR use (I know it sounds weird):
Edit-Fill
Then Fill the highlited section with a control change 11 (or 7) fade out from whatever the initial setting is down to zero.
I've had luck both ways.

Another option is to right-click and generate the MIDI track to an audio track so the original 'Edit- gain change-fade' method works on the audio track (after muting the original MIDI track so it doesn't play at the same time!)

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
We Put it All Together With The OmniPAK!

Our OmniPAK will transform your PC into a music production powerhouse in a matter of minutes!
This exciting package includes over 40 popular music software titles - Band-in-a-Box, RealBand, PowerTracks Pro Audio, the entire Pianist Series, the entire Multimedia Performance Series, and much, much more - complete with every software Add-on, bonus, and accessory - all of this is pre-installed on portable USB hard drive.
http://www.pgmusic.com/omnipak.htm

Watch the video PG Music: The OmniPAK to see more about the OmniPAK.

Video - How to Activate Band-in-a-Box 2014

You've bought Band-in-a-Box 2014 and you're ready to start using the program! After you install the program you will be prompted to activate Band-in-a-Box within 30 days. This can be done over the Internet or by phone. Watch how to activate your Band-in-a-Box 2014 here.

RealTracks Artist Jack Pearson Performs Sunday!

This Sunday Jack Pearson will be performing in LaFayette, TN!

Click here for event information.

Purchase LabPAKs & Site Licenses for Band-in-a-Box!

Interested in purchasing Band-in-a-Box to use in your school? We offer special pricing when purchasing five or more installations! Click here to see the options available.

RealTracks Artist Chris Nole October Performances!

Chris Nole has a couple performances coming up in Long Valley and Nashville!

Click here for a complete list of his upcoming performances.

17 MIDI SuperTracks Sets for Band-in-a-Box

Looking for a Band-in-a-Box Add-on with the editing and control capabilities of regular MIDI tracks, but with the added bonus of incredibly good MIDI sounds? MIDI SuperTracks is the answer!

Learn more about MIDI SuperTracks and listen to audio demos:
MIDI SuperTracks for Mac
MIDI SuperTracks for Windows

RealTracks Artist Mike LeDonne's Groover Quartet Performance!

The Smoke Jazz & Supper Club features Mike LeDonne's Groover Quartet on October 21st!

Click here for event information.

This Quartet includes:
Mike LeDonne, Gary Smulyan, Peter Bernstein & Joe Farnsworth.

Forum Stats
22122 Members
37 Forums
30381 Topics
242514 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
dmcb, Abby Gale, J&G, CesarCesar, chasapple

22121 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 205
c_fogle 138