You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#154249 - 03/19/12 11:40 PM [RealBand] How do I fade out a couple tracks I recorded and leave other tracks as they are?
rokq22 Offline
Apprentice

Well, the song went well and I didn't really care about the ending of the tracks I recorded at the time. But now I do. What I did was let the last chord ring out longer then I probably should have on two tracks as I thought that I could fix that easily later on. Now I'm not so sure. So what I have is a song that RealBand ended as it should have but the two tracks I recorded of myself playing continue to ring. I need to fade them out quicker at the end of the song to match the RealBand tracks. It's just that I don't want to screw up the whole recorded tracks experimenting.

I think it was on a RealBand to Reaper video tutorial where the person brought the tracks over to Reaper and at the end of recording(?) merely lowered the master volume for the ending and all the tracks ended the same way. But I don't know how to do that with RealBand. (I'm having some trouble using Reaper at the moment so want to know how to do this with RealBand). Again, the song ends correctly with the RealBand generated tracks but the two tracks I stuck in linger on too long. How do I fade them two tracks out while keeping the other tracks as they are?

#154250 - 03/20/12 12:41 AM [RealBand] Re: How do I fade out a couple tracks I recorded and leave other tracks as they are? [Re: rokq22]
seeker Offline
Veteran

Loc: 80 Mi North of Sacramento CA
rokq22,

One way to do it.

1. Select Area you want faded out
2. Click edit top left
3. Slide down to audio effect...then slide down to Gain change and click
4. a Box will open.
5. Click fade out in the right area.
6. Click process and your faded out..

If the fading is required in adjacent tracks think you could select
and fade the whole schemoly at same time.

Good luck!

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum

#154251 - 03/20/12 12:50 AM [RealBand] Re: How do I fade out a couple tracks I recorded and leave other tracks as they are? [Re: seeker]
rokq22 Offline
Apprentice

@seeker,
Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow and see what happens.

#154252 - 03/20/12 12:51 PM [RealBand] Re: How do I fade out a couple tracks I recorded and leave other tracks as they are? [Re: rokq22]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Piano Roll will also do this as well as other processes too. The Icon looks like a trash can, kind of.

#154253 - 03/20/12 06:59 PM [RealBand] Re: How do I fade out a couple tracks I recorded and leave other tracks as they are? [Re: Tommyc]
rokq22 Offline
Apprentice

Quote:

Piano Roll will also do this as well as other processes too. The Icon looks like a trash can, kind of.

I got that page opened in the manual and will have to read that. I really need to do the "mouse hover" thing over the icons as there are TONS of things I am clueless about as when the mouse hovers over the icon an explanation of it appears. Frankly, I don't think I would have found the purpose of the "Piano Roll" on my own but have to say it MIGHT be just what I'm looking for!!

Anyhow, seeker, I tried what you said and I know it'll come in handy for something later on but I realized that I needed something else. And that was a SNIP of the tracks at the end of the song not a fade out. When I SAW the tracks I noticed how uneven they were and started working on CUTTING the ends off to make them uniform so the instruments would stop at the same time. There was a problem (of course). The bass track seems to "hum" and I can't cut it where I want to cut it! I can cut the Real Tracks but not the bass MIDI track. I did notice that the Piano Roll was for MIDI however and the explanation of the Piano Roll feature is that it "lets you edit MIDI tracks with greater ease and precision." I've looked at it a little and it seems to be just what I'm looking for. I'll know later as I'm off to the bar to digest this stuff. And other things.

#154254 - 03/20/12 07:49 PM [RealBand] Re: How do I fade out a couple tracks I recorded and leave other tracks as they are? [Re: rokq22]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
How does a bass MIDI track 'hum'?? This confuced me; may have it routed to some kind of effect (?)
It should be a clean sound.

Anyway you can still fade it. Because it's MIDI the method is different.
Either the piano roll (using controller 11 in the selection box) and then draw it in the screen as an angled line going down,
OR use (I know it sounds weird):
Edit-Fill
Then Fill the highlited section with a control change 11 (or 7) fade out from whatever the initial setting is down to zero.
I've had luck both ways.

Another option is to right-click and generate the MIDI track to an audio track so the original 'Edit- gain change-fade' method works on the audio track (after muting the original MIDI track so it doesn't play at the same time!)

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac Special - Up to 50% Off for a Limited Time!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac with over 80 new features, 202 New RealTracks, and more!

To celebrate, we are slashing upgrade prices for a limited time! Until May 31, 2017 you can save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac Upgrade!

View all the purchase options for Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac at www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm.

A summary of our special upgrade prices:
Band-in-a-Box® Pro:
Upgrade from Version 2016: $59 (reg: $69)
Upgrade from Version 2015 or earlier or crossgrade from Windows: $69 (reg: $79)
Special 2017 Program Update from 2016: $49
**Requires Version 2016. Includes version 2017 program updates only. (No other Add-ons or Bonus PAK) **available for a limited time!**

Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK:
Upgrade from Version 2016: $89 (reg: $149)
Upgrade from Version 2015 or earlier or crossgrade from Windows: $99 (reg: $159)

Band-in-a-Box® PlusPAK:
Upgrade from Version 2016: $99 (reg: $129)
(The PlusPAK is designed to upgrade 2016 UltraPlusPAK & EverythingPAK users who are downloading their upgrade or do not want to purchase a new hard drive)

Band-in-a-Box® UltraPlusPAK:
Upgrade from Version 2016: $149 (reg: $279)
Upgrade from Version 2015 or earlier or crossgrade from Windows: $169 (reg: $299)

Band-in-a-Box® EverythingPAK:
Upgrade from Version 2016: $169 (reg: $379)
Upgrade from Version 2015 or earlier or crossgrade from Windows: $189 (reg: $399)

Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition:
Upgrade from 2016 Audiophile Edition: $199 **available for a limited time!**

Learn more about the new features available in Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm.

Picture - RealTracks Artists Oliver Gannon and Neil Swainson Perform!

A member of our PG Team snapped this great photo of RealTracks Artists Oliver Gannon and Neil Swainson as they shared the stage with Tony Genge and Kelby MacNayr this past Sunday for a great show put on at Hermann's Jazz Club in Victoria, BC!

Click here to take a peak!
[from L to R: Tony Genge (piano), Oliver Gannon (guitar), Neil Swainson (bass), and Kelby MacNayr (drums)]

Learn more about all of the RealTracks Artists when you visit www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php.

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac Video - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes*

Learn more about the new Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac version when you check out our latest video: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=JO9RHH29uKU

In this video you'll see the new GUI, hear the new RealTracks & RealDrums features, 12-key Guitar RealTracks with Hi-Q Tab/Notation, UserTracks enhancements, Chord Sheet enhancements, and more!

A complete list of the new features added to Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac can be viewed at www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

202 New RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Audio Demos!

We've added 202 new RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Mac - that's double the 101 that we've typically released in the past!

202 REALTRACKS in 24 sets:
-- Country, Folk and World - 10 sets, 59 RTs
-- Jazz, Funk and Blues - 6 sets, 63 RTs
-- Rock and Pop - 8 sets, 79 RTs

...and 24 BONUS REALTRACKS are also available! www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.bonuspaks_2017.htm

The 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box 2017 are included in the UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, Audiophile Edition, and PlusPAK upgrade purchase options. Visit www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm to pick the right purchase for you.

Want the additional 24 BONUS RealTracks? Those are available when you add the 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box 2017 for Mac purchase! To learn more about the 49-PAK, visit www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.bonuspaks_2017.htm.
The 49-PAK can be added to your order within the shopping cart.

For a detailed list of the new RealTracks and to listen to demos, click here.

Ordering is Easy! Special Frequently Asked Questions

If you've ever asked yourself questions like:
How can I order Band-in-a-Box?
How is the program delivered?
Can I have my previous purchases shipped to me?
...etc.

We have the perfect forum post for you! Click here to read through and find your answer!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Contact us directly and we'll be happy to help!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac is here with over 80 NEW features and enhancements, 202 NEW RealTracks, 34 MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, 24 available "Bonus" RealTracks (until May 31st), and more!

Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac has over 80 exciting new features and enhancements! The main screen GUI has been redesigned with many requested improvements, including a new, smaller footprint, configurable toolbars, and more. RealTracks sound better than ever with improved stretching and transposition quality (Elastique 3), better phrase transitions, and Natural Arrangements. We have added new "Woodshedding" RealTracks called 12-Key Guitar RealTracks from Brent Mason played in 12 keys with Hi-Q (precise) Tab/Notation which is ideal for studying and learning. There are many RealDrums enhancements including Half/Double/Triple time, Multiple Drum/Percussion/Loops on one drum track, and more. There is a dedicated Song Titles Browser with metadata info on over 8,000 popular songs. UserTracks enhancements include Half/Double/Triple time, rests, 3/4 waltz support, and more. We've added a new VST Synthesizer (sforzando SFZ Synth) with support for the popular .SFZ sound format, as well as PG Music’s Hi-Q sounds... ...and more!

Plus, Until May 31st, 2017, SAVE on most upgrade packages and receive a Free Bonus PAK of Add-ons that includes 4 MIDI SuperTracks & 4 Instrumental Studies! Or upgrade to the 49-PAK and get ALL 24 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 30 MIDI SuperTracks, 18 Instrumental Studies, and 59 re-discovered RealStyles & MIDI SuperTracks! Learn More...

To find the Upgrade package right for you, visit www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm

Watch the new features video...

User Trick - Add a Little Color Back to GUI

Our Forum is a great place to be! We have many rooms to post to, including the Tips & Tricks for sharing (and reading) technical tips and tricks related to our software!

Like the recent post by Pipeline, which shares his trick for adjusting the colors within the Band-in-a-Box® for Windows GUI: Click here to read the Forum post: Add a little Color Back To GUI.

Thanks Pipeline - it looks GREAT!

Have a tip of your own to share? Click here to create your forum account and join the conversation!

Forum Stats
25904 Members
49 Forums
45283 Topics
368126 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
SGF Dave, salvadorsito, PS music, GrayD, TechTeach

25903 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 362
VideoTrack 235