You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#154227 - 03/19/12 06:51 PM Rendering a song to wave containing a midi melody?
Leon Carpenter Offline
Apprentice

I have around 100 songs using BIAB which I want to render and then convert to MP3. These contain at least three (3) Real Track parts. say- piano,drums,and strings. I found {513 songs}, most are standards including a decent piano melody. Search(Steve Tunstall). When I render to wave with BIAB, at play back the melody plays all the time although I selected mute for most of the song. With everything saved and then frozzen. The wave files play correctly. Is there a work around for this?. I am using a I7 HP MME. The factory setup. Thanks in advance. E.L.C

#154228 - 03/19/12 07:40 PM Re: Rendering a song to wave containing a midi melody? [Re: Leon Carpenter]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
I don't use render, so someone else may have a solution doing it that way. However, a work-around is to record the whole song in real time using an audio editor. You will certainly get what you want.
BIAB 2016 for Windows Audiophile, SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, & Encore running on Windows 10 64-bit, i7. Hardware includes a Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20, TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch.

#154229 - 03/19/12 09:30 PM Re: Rendering a song to wave containing a midi melody? [Re: Matt Finley]
Shastastan Offline
Expert

Loc: CA
Not sure what your question is exactly. I render songs with real tracks and midi melody all the time. The .wav real tracks are included, but the melody will play all the way through. I'm using a hardware synth which is what I want to run the melody through as it is being rendered. You might want to check out Real Band. Sometimes I record the melody to an audio track and then do a mix of audio tracks to a single audio file in Real Band. Is this what you are looking for?

Stan

#154230 - 03/20/12 02:30 AM Re: Rendering a song to wave containing a midi melody? [Re: Shastastan]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Leon,

I'm not sure that I'm understanding your problem correctly. Are you asking how to render the backing without the melody?

If so, a couple of thoughts spring to mind.

1. Mute the melody track before you start rending.

2. If (1) above does not work, use "Melody | Edit Melody Track | Kill Entire Melody" to delete the melody before you render. (If you follow this plan, SAVE the song with a new file name so that you don't accidentally overwrite the version that has the melody.)

Regards,
Noel

#154231 - 03/20/12 09:50 AM Re: Rendering a song to wave containing a midi melody? [Re: Leon Carpenter]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Quote:

...although I selected mute for most of the song...

Muting the entire part by rightclicking on the trackname for that part may work well for Rendering, but if you are using any other method, such as the F5 window, to mute parts of a song, but did not hit the PLAY button first to regenerate the song, it likely won't show up in the Render.

Also, if the song is Froazen, it won't show up, song must be unFrozen, then make the changes, then hit the Play button to regenerate the song, then try to Render.

Maybe that's the problem?

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#154232 - 03/20/12 06:09 PM Re: Rendering a song to wave containing a midi melody? [Re: Mac]
Shastastan Offline
Expert

Loc: CA
Thanks for the reminder about hitting the play button. I don't always remember to do that. Getting old ain't for the weak.

Stan

#154233 - 03/22/12 06:50 PM Re: Rendering a song to wave containing a midi melody? [Re: Leon Carpenter]
Leon Carpenter Offline
Apprentice

Thanks for the suggestions(all). It is not that I do not wish the melody to play after a render. As a matter of fact I want it to play at the intro. to get the song started since a click track is sometimes hard to hear. Also on a song that my bandmate hasn't a clue what the melody sounds like, it is helpful at rehearsals, and also to be able to hear the melody as he wood sheds the songs at his home. Anyway, I gave up on Studio One allowing me to make a simple L/R recording and then render to wave. That is the reason I wanted BIAB to render a wav file to play back as saved and froze. I down loaded REAPER once again and it is a no brainer. Play BB song back in real time,save as,render to best wave setting. DONE. I have fooled with Real Band some, but I still prefer to edit and save using BB. Come on P.G. let me render a Real Tracks sty. song which includes a midi melody, saved and froze, while still in the BB program. E.L.C

Edited by Leon Carpenter (03/22/12 06:53 PM)

#154234 - 03/23/12 11:41 AM Re: Rendering a song to wave containing a midi melody? [Re: Leon Carpenter]
Mac Offline
Veteran

If you are using a hardware MIDI synth, in other words, if you are not using a DXi/VSTi based software MIDI synth, the automatic "Render" function cannot work. That is because the MIDI sounds of a hardware synth are outside the domain of the host cpu. The only way to get a full .wav or .mp3 or other audio format file of that is to play back the performance from start to finish while recording it using a recording program.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#154235 - 03/24/12 10:25 AM Re: Rendering a song to wave containing a midi melody? [Re: Mac]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

You can do this easy in Real Band in MIDI editing with the Piano Roll. Draw a Volume drop to 0 at the point you want it.

#154236 - 03/24/12 11:25 AM Re: Rendering a song to wave containing a midi melody? [Re: Tommyc]
Mac Offline
Veteran

I think the OP desires to be able to do it in RealTime, Tommyc...

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

PG Music News
The Xtra Styles PAKs Special Ends August 31st!

Our Xtra Styles PAKs special ends on August 31st!

Until then, you can purchase all 164 new RealStyles for only $29! Or, purchase all the Xtra Styles and the 49-PAK for the limited-time low price of $49 - this purchase option is only available during our special!

Demos and purchase options are available here: www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Have you already received your new Xtra Styles? Check out the Xtra Styles Song Contest we're running right now! You could win $150 PG "Bucks"!

JAWS Script for Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Windows!

If you are a Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Windows user and require the use of JAWS Screen Reader, we have news! The recently released Band-in-a-Box 2016 patch update includes the latest JAWs script!

Among the many Fixes and Additions with this patch update, the following will be applied to your Band-in-a-Box 2016 when installed:
"Highlight selected cell" checkbox added to Display Options. If enabled, the currently selected cell will be highlighted instead of just out-lined. Select "Cell highlighting" in the color picker to pick the highlighting color. This feature is useful for JAWS Screen Reader users.

You can download the latest Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Windows update patch at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#436

If you don't have the latest JAWS scripts for Band-in-a-Box, you can download them here.

New Forum - Help! Tech S.O.S. (Off topic)

Have you ever had a tech question regarding computer related or music equipment issues, and didn't know where to post on our forum? Well, now you do! We've created a new forum called Help! Tech S.O.S. where you can post your problems and request assistance.

This will be a great forum to post to when you need assistance that doesn't have to do with our products. A few examples of posts that would be shared here include:
- my guitar sound has a buzz when I plugin to my guitar
- which type of guitar strings are best for a telecaster?
- my iPhone won't charge -why?
- what's a good set of home speakers for a living room.
- should I buy an android or iPhone?
- what's a good entry level saxophone to buy?
- is a 4K TV worth it?

Tell Us Your Favorite Features in Band-in-a-Box & RealBand

Are there features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand that you absolutely love? Let your voice be heard - post about these to our new forum My Favorite Things!

This new forum is also a great place to review the features that other program users love - you never know... you may learn something new about the program, and have your "favorite list" grow too!

The Xtra Styles Song Contest for Band-in-a-Box

If you've purchased your Xtra Styles PAK for Band-in-a-Box 2016, make sure you enter the Xtra Styles Contest that we are running until September 30th! We have one prize for each category: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Singer/Songwriter. The winners will receive $150 US "PG Bucks" for a future Band-in-a-Box purchase!

Entering the contest is easy! Learn more about the contest, including how to submit your song, here!

We will announce the winners in October!

Xtra Styles PAKs Special Pricing - There's Still Time!

Attention all Band-in-a-Box 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, and Audiophile Edition customers!!!

If you haven't purchased your All Xtra Styles PAK yet, there's still time to enjoy our special pricing of just $29! This price is available until August 31st - more information is available at www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

What will you get?
164 NEW RealStyles, created using the RealTracks & RealDrums from the 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition.

What genres are available?
Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Singer Songwriter.

What is the special pricing?
$29 for all of 'em! (regular price: $49)
PLUS... we're offering a special bundle price during August: the All Xtra Styles PAK 1 & 2016 49-PAK Bundle for $49! (this is a $98 value!!!)

Why are we bundling these Xtra Styles with a 49-PAK during our special?
There are a handful of RealStyles within the new Xtra Styles which require the 49-PAK in order to work. If you purchased any UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition during our December/January special, it would not have included the 49-PAK.

If you don't have the 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition you can purchase your copy here - any of these purchases will include the 164 new RealStyles from the Xtra Styles PAK during the month of August!

There Are More Than 100 RealTracks Artists!

When you purchase all of our RealTracks and RealDrums, you're adding over 100 studio musicians to your band!

For a list of all of the RealTracks Artists, visit www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.artists.php?os=win. From this page, you can read a short bio for each artist, and listen to demos of their RealTracks!

(To receive all of our RealTracks & RealDrums, purchase any UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile package)

Forum Stats
25070 Members
44 Forums
40889 Topics
327130 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
NKnees, jerseycat, RomBass, yamahatenor, Emmett

25071 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 186
VideoTrack 160