Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#154579 - 03/23/12 11:52 AM My turn with ASIO
silvertones Offline
Veteran

I have six other programs that use ASIO perfectly. Why is RB & BIAB & PT the only programs that give me "error starting ASIO driver".
I do have a need to use ASIO with my controller.
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"

#154580 - 03/23/12 02:29 PM Re: My turn with ASIO [Re: silvertones]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

OK I figured out my issue. Might relate to others.When I go to control panel/sound&audio devices/hardware/ double click on my audio card/properties.
Under the Audio Devices pull down is a check box that says "do not map through this device"
Checking this has allowed ASIO to work perfectly. Yea.
I just need to figure out how to use the thru channel in RB. BIAB is easy RB not so much.
15.6" Monitor

#154581 - 03/23/12 06:54 PM Re: My turn with ASIO [Re: silvertones]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Glad you got it whooped.

#154582 - 03/24/12 06:14 AM Re: My turn with ASIO [Re: rharv]
LynB Offline
Veteran

Loc: Barton-on-Sea,Hants,UK
Have a look at Preferences > Midi > Thru - settings hear may help.

#154583 - 03/24/12 10:49 AM Re: My turn with ASIO [Re: LynB]
toucher Offline
Expert

Loc: Arizona
Hey John, which asio driver are you using?

Rob

http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippmusic

#154584 - 03/24/12 11:05 AM Re: My turn with ASIO [Re: toucher]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Hey John, which asio driver are you using?

Rob

Rob,
I have an older Toshiba laptop who's soundcard(internal) didn't have ASIO.Itr's an AC97 card. I met this guy via the KX forums that is a keyboard player and a programmer. He developed a native ASIO driver for these older cards.I've been helping him with the testing of it in the past. I got a newer version then the one posted. It's native not a wrapper like ASIO4ALL. I can play standalones with 2ms latency. I have to set it to 4-8 ms to play both RB & a soft synth. Check it out. There's a utility to run to see if your sound card is compatible.

Native AC97 ASIO Driver
15.6" Monitor

#154585 - 03/24/12 11:12 AM Re: My turn with ASIO [Re: silvertones]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Quote:

Under the Audio Devices pull down is a check box that says "do not map through this device"

This is absolutely insane. Yet another example of oh I don't know, a hundred maybe completely useless statements in a pull down window. Not just here, statements like that are all through help files for different programs with no explanations whatsoever. It's left to the user to Google that statement and try to find out what if anything, that means. What in the **** IS that supposed to mean? What idiot wrote that? It forces the user to make an assumption that if it's NOT checked then something IS mapping through this device? What, pray tell and what does that mean to a user having a problem with latency? And this wonderful piece of info is supposed to help the user do what exactly with no explanation? Mapping?? We don't need no stinkin mapping, just tell us what to check or uncheck and most importantly WHY.

This is complete technobabble BS nonsense and needs to be cleaned up in plain english.

Bob

#154586 - 03/24/12 11:53 AM Re: My turn with ASIO [Re: jazzmammal]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Quote:

This is absolutely insane. Yet another example of oh I don't know, a hundred maybe completely useless statements in a pull down window. Not just here, statements like that are all through help files for different programs with no explanations whatsoever. It's left to the user to Google that statement and try to find out what if anything, that means. What in the **** IS that supposed to mean? What idiot wrote that? It forces the user to make an assumption that if it's NOT checked then something IS mapping through this device? What, pray tell and what does that mean to a user having a problem with latency? And this wonderful piece of info is supposed to help the user do what exactly with no explanation? Mapping?? We don't need no stinkin mapping, just tell us what to check or uncheck and most importantly WHY.

This is complete technobabble BS nonsense and needs to be cleaned up in plain english.

Bob

OK Bob now you've got that off your chest LOL & I don't know if you're ranting at me, PG or who.
What are your real thoughts. Did this help you?
15.6" Monitor

#154587 - 03/24/12 12:57 PM Re: My turn with ASIO [Re: silvertones]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
reminds me of the time I couldn't figure out ANYTHING about BIAB...

then one day buried under several layers of menus, I found the [x]STUPID checkbox.

Once I unchecked it, everything started working for me.

Now I'm looking for the [X]NO TALENT checkbox, so I can uncheck it too.

#154588 - 03/24/12 01:42 PM Re: My turn with ASIO [Re: Pat Marr]
jazzmandan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
You guys are a hoot this morning...

#154589 - 03/24/12 02:09 PM Re: My turn with ASIO [Re: jazzmandan]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:

You guys are a hoot this morning...

Only because we found the [x]SOUND LIKE AN OWL checkbox and checked it

#154590 - 03/25/12 12:12 AM Re: My turn with ASIO [Re: Pat Marr]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Good thing he said Hoot, and not Toot!!!What box do you un-check for that!
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#154591 - 03/25/12 02:53 AM Re: My turn with ASIO [Re: silvertones]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Definitely not you John. It's the people who write these things in the program.

It's been suggested many times over the years that the help files need a sort of beta test where all us usual suspects rewrite this stuff so non nerds can understand it. "Mapping to a device". Who the heck uses that term except a pure techie? I'll bet if you were to ask 100 very experienced users what that means and to write a description of it maybe 5 could. I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is 2. Mac and Rharv It's just a major pet peeve of mine because it's completely unnessary.

Help balloon: Having latency problems? Check this, this and this in that order until it's fixed. That's it, who cares what's it's really doing in the background. So it's no longer mapping to some device. Wonderful, I don't need to know that and neither does 99% of the users out there.

There can be another checkbox for the advanced addendum using all the latest undergrad technical terms for those who just have to know what's really happening in excruciating detail. It says: Check here for the 487 page technical manual. The section on latency problems would say something like if you're having problems with unauthorized mapping of device 004.45598XX.EE6792462 due to hardware incompatabilities caused by using the Texas Instruments audio chip TXA01134-18 in conjuction with the MAudio driver version 433.6.03 blah, blah, blah etc then try this.

For the rest of us, check these 3 boxes in order until the problem goes away. If that doesn't work try the combinations. There's only 9. If that doesn't work, switch to Sonar...

On a more serious note, the software could throw a code that we may not understand but one call to Support and they could then tell us exactly what the problem is and how to fix it. Sort of like the fault codes on any modern cars' diagnostic computer. The Mercedes forum has members who understand all those codes and that helps if you're having a problem with your car.

Am I starting to sound like a Luddite?

Bob

#154592 - 03/25/12 08:34 AM Re: My turn with ASIO [Re: jazzmammal]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
Bob
Re-read his post -
"When I go to control panel/sound&audio devices/hardware/ double click on my audio card/properties.

This is not an RB term. It's Windows

#154593 - 03/25/12 10:29 AM Re: My turn with ASIO [Re: rharv]
silvertones Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Bob
Re-read his post -
"When I go to control panel/sound&audio devices/hardware/ double click on my audio card/properties.

This is not an RB term. It's Windows

Thanks Bob. Saved me the typing.
ASIO has been flawless since!
15.6" Monitor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Hurry - Only 2 Days Left for Xtra Styles PAK Savings!

Time is running out! Until August 31, 2016 we are offering Special Pricing on the All Xtra Styles PAK 1... it's only $29! (regular price: $49)

We are also offering a bundle of the All Xtra Styles PAK 1 & the 49-PAK for only $49 during the month of August! (a $98 value!)

Learn more about Xtra Styles at www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php

The Xtra Styles PAKs Special Ends August 31st!

Our Xtra Styles PAKs special ends on August 31st!

Until then, you can purchase all 164 new RealStyles for only $29! Or, purchase all the Xtra Styles and the 49-PAK for the limited-time low price of $49 - this purchase option is only available during our special!

Demos and purchase options are available here: www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Have you already received your new Xtra Styles? Check out the Xtra Styles Song Contest we're running right now! You could win $150 PG "Bucks"!

JAWS Script for Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Windows!

If you are a Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Windows user and require the use of JAWS Screen Reader, we have news! The recently released Band-in-a-Box 2016 patch update includes the latest JAWs script!

Among the many Fixes and Additions with this patch update, the following will be applied to your Band-in-a-Box 2016 when installed:
"Highlight selected cell" checkbox added to Display Options. If enabled, the currently selected cell will be highlighted instead of just out-lined. Select "Cell highlighting" in the color picker to pick the highlighting color. This feature is useful for JAWS Screen Reader users.

You can download the latest Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Windows update patch at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#436

If you don't have the latest JAWS scripts for Band-in-a-Box, you can download them here.

New Forum - Help! Tech S.O.S. (Off topic)

Have you ever had a tech question regarding computer related or music equipment issues, and didn't know where to post on our forum? Well, now you do! We've created a new forum called Help! Tech S.O.S. where you can post your problems and request assistance.

This will be a great forum to post to when you need assistance that doesn't have to do with our products. A few examples of posts that would be shared here include:
- my guitar sound has a buzz when I plugin to my guitar
- which type of guitar strings are best for a telecaster?
- my iPhone won't charge -why?
- what's a good set of home speakers for a living room.
- should I buy an android or iPhone?
- what's a good entry level saxophone to buy?
- is a 4K TV worth it?

Tell Us Your Favorite Features in Band-in-a-Box & RealBand

Are there features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand that you absolutely love? Let your voice be heard - post about these to our new forum My Favorite Things!

This new forum is also a great place to review the features that other program users love - you never know... you may learn something new about the program, and have your "favorite list" grow too!

The Xtra Styles Song Contest for Band-in-a-Box

If you've purchased your Xtra Styles PAK for Band-in-a-Box 2016, make sure you enter the Xtra Styles Contest that we are running until September 30th! We have one prize for each category: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Singer/Songwriter. The winners will receive $150 US "PG Bucks" for a future Band-in-a-Box purchase!

Entering the contest is easy! Learn more about the contest, including how to submit your song, here!

We will announce the winners in October!

Xtra Styles PAKs Special Pricing - There's Still Time!

Attention all Band-in-a-Box 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, and Audiophile Edition customers!!!

If you haven't purchased your All Xtra Styles PAK yet, there's still time to enjoy our special pricing of just $29! This price is available until August 31st - more information is available at www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

What will you get?
164 NEW RealStyles, created using the RealTracks & RealDrums from the 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition.

What genres are available?
Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Singer Songwriter.

What is the special pricing?
$29 for all of 'em! (regular price: $49)
PLUS... we're offering a special bundle price during August: the All Xtra Styles PAK 1 & 2016 49-PAK Bundle for $49! (this is a $98 value!!!)

Why are we bundling these Xtra Styles with a 49-PAK during our special?
There are a handful of RealStyles within the new Xtra Styles which require the 49-PAK in order to work. If you purchased any UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition during our December/January special, it would not have included the 49-PAK.

If you don't have the 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition you can purchase your copy here - any of these purchases will include the 164 new RealStyles from the Xtra Styles PAK during the month of August!

Forum Stats
25082 Members
44 Forums
40944 Topics
327695 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
Justlook, DrOnion, LordElpus, fastrak1, josere

25081 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 196
VideoTrack 158