Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#357292 07/14/16 06:50 AM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Once in awhile, a chord will not play with the right BASS note . . . say Eb! I've found I can enter it Gm/Eb. It makes it a Eb major 7th which is usually OK, (diminish would make it a 7th etc.) but at least the BASS note is always right!

Having fun!
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
OK, but that should not need to be done.

As I'm sure you know, the bass does not always play the root, but it sounds like you are saying it simply won't play the root. If you find a chord where this always happens, you should report it to PG Music Support, and include the information of which RealTrack(s) played it. It may be a simple fix for them to make on one particular RealTrack.

Can you give us that info, so we can verify it?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Johnny, what happens if you select Edit menu > Chords > Jazz-Down the Chords... ?

Does that make any difference?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
OK! It's _jazzfred sty. The style before it was _j085-bd.sty, It was happening all the time. And the note it was picking was not only not the root, but a note that wasn't even in the chord. The next chord on beat 3 was perfect. Also, this was happening after a bar of tempo change along with a key change.

I only mentioned the fix as a "work around" . . . I knew it wasn't right for it to happen, but I was "on the clock" and had to expedite the chart.

Thanks and if you need more info, I'll be glad to oblige!

JZ

Having fun!
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Thanks VIDEO TRACK! Great suggestion. I'll try that too.

JZ

Having fun!
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Johnny, the "right after the key change" and maybe the tempo or style changes - who knows - is the kind of thing that could be unique in your song, and why we never discovered this before. It sounds like a bug from your description, but let's check. Can you put the song in a public Dropbox and post the link?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Yes, but you're a little "over my head" with DROPBOX! I've heard of it but never used one, Matt. What do I do to get the song to a Dropbox?

JZ

Having fun!
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Open a free account with Dropbox and save a file to your Public area, and get the link they will give you.

Or, upload the song any way you know how to the Internet, and put a link to it here.

Or, send me a PM with your email address. I will send you mine, you can email the song to me as an attachment, and I will post it if I don't see the problem right away.

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I'm out the door to an unexpected gig, but as promised, here is JohnnyZell's song, and an MP3 he sent.

mattfinley.com/promos/folks.mgu
mattfinley.com/promos/folks.mp3

Johnny, maybe you can give us some specific direction what to look/listen for?

Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Yes, at bar 80, we'll notice that instead of the usual Ebmaj7 chord that goes there, I had to replace it with the Gm/Eb in order for the 1rst beat to always have the "root" Eb! Before I changed it, the bass note would consistently play a Gb in the bass (for some yet, to be discovered reason).

Thanks family . . . . Interesting huh! JZ

Having fun!
L
Expert
Expert
L
Dropbox is sweet. I keep my biab songs in it. It keeps them all updated across my tablet and PC. Also I keep mp3 and wave backing tracks on it. The backing tracks can then easily be downloaded onto mobile phones etc for live work. We also used to use it for sharing video, mp3s and PDFs between choir members. Really great free software.

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic
Veteran
Veteran
Johnny,

Every once in a while, a chord appears in a song generation that does not seem to be mapped correctly against the original artist's recording.

When this happens, I freeze all the tracks and send the MGU/SGU file to PG Support. In my email, I always let them know what bar(s) to listen to and I point out that I'm sending the file because the issue regularly occurs and it seems like it might be a Realtrack mapping problem.

I wonder if that's what's happening here.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Thank you, Noel96. And support is working on this right now.

Having fun!
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Good.

Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
This sounds good, Lambada! I've been looking for something like it. Thank you very much!

JZ

Having fun!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,514
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195