Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#153970 - 04/13/12 03:37 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Robh]
Andy123 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Sussex - UK
Many Thanks Robh - that's really helpful. I'm pretty good with BIAB, but new to RB. It's re-assuring to know it really is the software, not me ! It would be great if RB could be tweaked to work seamlessly with AD, but I still find AD a great add-on. The only significant problem I've found is that to listen to a midi file, you have to drag it into RB, rather than using the 'Play' function within AD. I've always been a RT-only BIAB-user, but AD has greatly increased the variety of usable drums sounds I have available.

#153971 - 04/13/12 10:46 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: funkycornwall]
KeithS Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Mobile, Alabama
Quote:

What do other people this?

Sounds like a lot of PG development funds would get diverted away from adding other instruments which I think would be a priority for most of us. If I ever have a need to get that specific with my drum mixing I can think of ways to do it that would utilize my existing library of drum loops.
Windows 8 64 Bit, SONAR X3, Sony Vegas 12, Acid 7, Sony Audio Master Suite, Waves Horizon Bundle, Izotope Ozone 5.

#153972 - 04/13/12 11:27 AM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: KeithS]
MikeK Offline
Expert

Loc: Buford, GA (via Germany)
Quote:

Quote:

What do other people this?

Sounds like a lot of PG development funds would get diverted away from adding other instruments which I think would be a priority for most of us. If I ever have a need to get that specific with my drum mixing I can think of ways to do it that would utilize my existing library of drum loops.

I'm with ya there, Keith.

My Music * PC: Avatar FX8366ice AMD FX-8350(4.0GHz) 16GB DDR3 2TB HDD+128GB SSD HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Windows 8 64-Bit. BIAB/RB 2014.

#153973 - 04/15/12 12:19 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: Andy123]
filkertom Offline
Expert

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Quote:

Hi Tom,
I completely agree with you that Addicitive Drums is great. But I find it doesn't marry-up perfectly with Real Band. ie the AD 'Play' button doesn't work at all, and the 'tempo' and 'sync' buttons are unreliable. What's your experience ? Did you find a way to get AD to work perfectly with RB ? Thanks - Best - Andy

Sorry I didn't answer earlier, Andy -- I was offline for a couple of days. What they said, though: RB doesn't do any tempo mapping, which is one of the reasons I don't use it myself. You can adjust AD's tempo to your project in RB, but if there's any variance in tempo you're stuck.
Win7/64 SP1 • i5-3570K • 16 GB RAM
Audiophile 192 • BIAB 2014 • Reaper 4
AKG C1000S • Behringer Xynex1002

#153974 - 04/15/12 06:21 PM Re: RealDrums to Different Audio Tracks [Re: filkertom]
Andy123 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Sussex - UK
Many Thanks Tom. I wonder if enabling RB to do tempo-mapping would be a big task for the PG tec's ? Best - Andy

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
We Have Over 100 RealTracks Artists!

The popular RealTracks feature within Band-in-a-Box brings an exciting human element to your arrangement by adding REAL instruments played by TOP MUSICIANS! Click here for a full list of the RealTracks Artists available.

RealTracks Artist Quinn Bachand - Award Nominations!

The Canadian Fold Music Awards are this weekend, and RealTracks Artist Quinn Bachand has been nominated for:
Instrumental Group of the Year
Ensemble of the Year
World Group of the Year
New/Emerging Artist of the Year
Young Performer of the Year

Read the announcement here.

Learn more about the Canadian Folk Music Awards: folkawards.ca

Keeping Up with PG Music Inc. - Newsletter Sign-up

Sign up for the PG Music Inc. newsletter and you'll receive notifications for new versions of Band-in-a-Box, as well as any other new products we release!

Share Your Song with Soundcloud!

Did you know that there are are a number of ways to share your Band-in-a-Box song? Not only can you print out your song in notation, you have the option of saving in a variety of MIDI and audio formats for playback from your computer or an audio CD. You can even upload your arrangement to Dropbox and Soundcloud!

Watch how easy it is to upload your Band-in-a-Box song to Soundcloud here.

Make sure to post a link to your song on our User Showcase Forum!

Band-in-a-Box Tips & Tricks!

There's so much Band-in-a-Box can do! Check out the YouTube Channel - Tips & Tricks page, which is packed with videos showing off what Band-in-a-Box can do!

RealTracks Artist Andy Leftwich on Tour with Kentucky Thunder!

Andy Leftwich is a member of Kentucky Thunder, the band that tours with Ricky Scaggs! They're starting December off with A Skaggs Family Christmas in Winkler, MB, Canada on December 5th!

To see if there's an upcoming show near you, visit http://www.rickyskaggs.com/tour.

RealTracks Artist Ron Carter - Performs December 4th!

Ron Carter & His Trio are performing as part of the Jazz Giants Series in Palo Alto, CA on December 4th!

Click here for more information about this event.

Forum Stats
22279 Members
39 Forums
31071 Topics
246877 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 12:12 PM
Newest Members
opqrst833402, rstuvw477237, opqrst087243, Nealix, vwxyz{082710

22278 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
PeterGannon 188
Pat Marr 168