You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#157122 - 04/16/12 01:21 PM USB Samson Mic
johnnyzell Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Oregon USA
Hi guys: Question: I am importing a wav file and I want to use a USB Samson mic to record onto a separate track. Please, how do I do that?

#157123 - 04/16/12 02:37 PM Re: USB Samson Mic [Re: johnnyzell]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Band in a Box only has the one .wav Audio track.

RealBand, which ships with Band in a Box, is where you should move the project and then you can record multiple audio tracks on top of the existing song structure a lot easier.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#157124 - 04/17/12 06:11 AM Re: USB Samson Mic [Re: Mac]
johnnyzell Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Mac!

#157125 - 04/17/12 03:32 PM Re: USB Samson Mic [Re: johnnyzell]
Will - PG Music Offline
Apprentice

Hi Johnny,

I should add that with audio recording built into Windows, there is an inherent latency of around 50+ms using MME audio drivers - that means you'll sound late on all of your recordings - so if your Samson Mic comes with ASIO Audio Drivers you'll want to use those (ASIO Drivers have much lower latency). If it doesn't, check out ASIO4ALL - a free ASIO driver that works for many audio devices.

If you want to use ASIO4ALL, here are the steps to get it going.

1. Install ASIO4ALL:

Go to http://asio4all.com/
Click ASIO4ALL2.10 English to download it,
Then run it to install it

2. Install LoopBe1:

Go to http://nerds.de/en/download.html
Click Download setuploopbe1.exe (989 Kb) version 1.6 at the bottom of the page
Then run it to install it

3i. To configure Band in a Box to use ASIO4ALL:

Open Band in a Box, click Opt > MIDI Audio Driver Setup
Select LoopBe1 Virtual Output as your MIDI Output Driver.
Ensure "Use VST/DXi Synth" is checked.
Click OK to close this window.
Click Opt > MIDI Audio Driver Setup again, then click Audio settings in the bottom right.
Change Audio Driver Type to ASIO, and select ASIO4ALL v2 as your driver
Click the ASIO Driver Control Panel, click the wrench to enable advanced view, click the [+] to expand your device, and make sure that all relevant items are 'powered on' (the power icon is to the left of the play icon, to the left of each device name).
That should do it, click OK on everything, click Play to make sure you have sound and test recording.

3ii. To configure RealBand to use ASIO4ALL:

Click Options > Preferences > 6 - MIDI tab > MIDI Devices
Ensure that "Microsoft GS Wavetable" is not selected as a MIDI Output Driver.
Ensure that "Reroute to default VST DXi Synth" is checked, and that "Default VST/DXi Synth" is set to something oither than "None", like "CoyoteWT".
Click OK on this window, and click Yes if it asks anything like "You didn't select a ___ driver, OK to continue?".
Click on the 2-Audio tab, select ASIO as your Audio Driver Type, select ASIO4ALL v2 and check the settings as in the Band in a Box setup instructions above
Full contact information is available here.

#157126 - 04/18/12 03:58 PM Re: USB Samson Mic [Re: Will - PG Music]
johnnyzell Offline
Enthusiast

Wow......WILL! Thank you! A plethora of info. And guess what . . . I now have NO LATENCY! Wonderful, wonderful help. JZ

#157127 - 04/21/12 06:16 AM Re: USB Samson Mic [Re: johnnyzell]
PhillyJazz Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Philly
I was having a lot of latency issues using my computer's optical out to my receiver / amp. Usually when doing audio, I use headphones to avoid bleed, and there was an enormous delay between my mike and headphones.

I found putting the phones into the mixer (which is the input) removed any latency. Even with Asio (and all digital/coax), it seems USB in traversing the bus out throughput the motherboard's RealTek sound chip will cause a lag.

Though I'm not found of the complexity or price (compared to a small mixer) the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra seems to do the best job for me. I have a Ketron SD4 which had really convincing acoustic sounds, so the ability to mix that MIDI with RealTracks (and audio) is essential. Being able to record all these sources to .WAV without unnatural acts is also a nice thing.

It took a lot of trial and error to get this set up to work this way. I know a lot about computers, but the M-Audio is more geared toward audio engineers (which I am not.)
Samsung SSD Boot drive,other internal and USB drives.
M-Audio Fast Track Ultra
Ketron SD4
Onkyo TX-SR606 amp.

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Rebeca Mauleón - Upcoming Appearance!

Rebeca Mauleón joins Carlos Del Puerto, Jesús Diaz and Carlos Caro this Saturday, July 26th for the "Master Class: Inside the Cuban Rhythm Section w/ Carlos Del Puerto" event at the SFJAZZ Center in San Francisco!
Click here for more information.

Purchase Site Licenses and LabPAKs for Band-in-a-Box!

Interested in purchasing Band-in-a-Box to use in your school? We offer special pricing when purchasing five or more installations! Click here to see the options available.

Share your UserTracks on our Forum!

An exciting new features of Band-in-a-Box 2014 is the ability to make UserTracks, which can be used just like any RealTracks!

We've created a tutorial to help you get started with UserTracks: Make a Band-in-a-Box UserTrack in under 10 minutes!

Once you've finished, feel free to share your creation on our UserTracks Forum.

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows - 13 Languages Available!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows is available in thirteen different languages!

Select the following page for a complete list of the translations available: http://www.bandinabox.com

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows Patch Update Available

Do you own Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows? Make sure to download the latest patch update 384!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 German Patch for Windows

Existing Band-in-a-Box 2014 customers who'd like to use the German version can download the latest language patch here.

RealTracks Artist John Jorgenson - A Busy Man!

Interested in seeing RealTracks artist John Jorgenson perform? There's plenty of opportunities coming up! Take a look at his schedule: http://www.johnjorgenson.com/index.php/tour/

Forum Stats
22447 Members
38 Forums
29455 Topics
234098 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
defghi036424, lmnopq432772, nichealmond23, René 1946, Khatru

22446 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
dani48 90
Guitarhacker 90