You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#157122 - 04/16/12 04:21 PM USB Samson Mic
johnnyzell Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Oregon USA
Hi guys: Question: I am importing a wav file and I want to use a USB Samson mic to record onto a separate track. Please, how do I do that?

#157123 - 04/16/12 05:37 PM Re: USB Samson Mic [Re: johnnyzell]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Band in a Box only has the one .wav Audio track.

RealBand, which ships with Band in a Box, is where you should move the project and then you can record multiple audio tracks on top of the existing song structure a lot easier.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#157124 - 04/17/12 09:11 AM Re: USB Samson Mic [Re: Mac]
johnnyzell Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Mac!

#157125 - 04/17/12 06:32 PM Re: USB Samson Mic [Re: johnnyzell]
Will - PG Music Offline
Apprentice

Hi Johnny,

I should add that with audio recording built into Windows, there is an inherent latency of around 50+ms using MME audio drivers - that means you'll sound late on all of your recordings - so if your Samson Mic comes with ASIO Audio Drivers you'll want to use those (ASIO Drivers have much lower latency). If it doesn't, check out ASIO4ALL - a free ASIO driver that works for many audio devices.

If you want to use ASIO4ALL, here are the steps to get it going.

1. Install ASIO4ALL:

Go to http://asio4all.com/
Click ASIO4ALL2.10 English to download it,
Then run it to install it

2. Install LoopBe1:

Go to http://nerds.de/en/download.html
Click Download setuploopbe1.exe (989 Kb) version 1.6 at the bottom of the page
Then run it to install it

3i. To configure Band in a Box to use ASIO4ALL:

Open Band in a Box, click Opt > MIDI Audio Driver Setup
Select LoopBe1 Virtual Output as your MIDI Output Driver.
Ensure "Use VST/DXi Synth" is checked.
Click OK to close this window.
Click Opt > MIDI Audio Driver Setup again, then click Audio settings in the bottom right.
Change Audio Driver Type to ASIO, and select ASIO4ALL v2 as your driver
Click the ASIO Driver Control Panel, click the wrench to enable advanced view, click the [+] to expand your device, and make sure that all relevant items are 'powered on' (the power icon is to the left of the play icon, to the left of each device name).
That should do it, click OK on everything, click Play to make sure you have sound and test recording.

3ii. To configure RealBand to use ASIO4ALL:

Click Options > Preferences > 6 - MIDI tab > MIDI Devices
Ensure that "Microsoft GS Wavetable" is not selected as a MIDI Output Driver.
Ensure that "Reroute to default VST DXi Synth" is checked, and that "Default VST/DXi Synth" is set to something oither than "None", like "CoyoteWT".
Click OK on this window, and click Yes if it asks anything like "You didn't select a ___ driver, OK to continue?".
Click on the 2-Audio tab, select ASIO as your Audio Driver Type, select ASIO4ALL v2 and check the settings as in the Band in a Box setup instructions above
Full contact information is available here.

#157126 - 04/18/12 06:58 PM Re: USB Samson Mic [Re: Will - PG Music]
johnnyzell Offline
Enthusiast

Wow......WILL! Thank you! A plethora of info. And guess what . . . I now have NO LATENCY! Wonderful, wonderful help. JZ

#157127 - 04/21/12 09:16 AM Re: USB Samson Mic [Re: johnnyzell]
PhillyJazz Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Philly
I was having a lot of latency issues using my computer's optical out to my receiver / amp. Usually when doing audio, I use headphones to avoid bleed, and there was an enormous delay between my mike and headphones.

I found putting the phones into the mixer (which is the input) removed any latency. Even with Asio (and all digital/coax), it seems USB in traversing the bus out throughput the motherboard's RealTek sound chip will cause a lag.

Though I'm not found of the complexity or price (compared to a small mixer) the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra seems to do the best job for me. I have a Ketron SD4 which had really convincing acoustic sounds, so the ability to mix that MIDI with RealTracks (and audio) is essential. Being able to record all these sources to .WAV without unnatural acts is also a nice thing.

It took a lot of trial and error to get this set up to work this way. I know a lot about computers, but the M-Audio is more geared toward audio engineers (which I am not.)
Samsung SSD Boot drive,other internal and USB drives.
M-Audio Fast Track Ultra
Ketron SD4
Onkyo TX-SR606 amp.

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows Build 413 Patch Available

We've recently posted the Band-in-a-Box Version 2015 Build 413 Update which is a free update for any Band-in-a-Box 2015 customer.

Click here to download the update.

Limited Edition RealTracks in the 20 & 49-PAK!

If you're purchasing Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows during our Special, be sure to check out the additional RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Artist Performance Sets and Instrumental Studies available in the 20 & 49-PAK which you can add to your purchase!

Video - Save Your Song as a Video with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows!

One of the newest features in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows is the ability to save your song as a video!

Watch this newest feature in action with our YouTube video: http://youtu.be/P07vmLIJCok

Introducing RealTracks Artist Avery Bright - Album Credits

RealTracks Artist Avery Bright has been playing the Violin since he was just four years old! He's been part of a few different albums this year - view his album credits here.

You'll find Avery's work in RealTracks Set 206: Pop String Quartet.

Purchase jBridge for Only $10!

One of the exciting new features in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows is support for 64-bit VST Plugins when you use jBridge.

You can purchase jBridge for just $10 during our special! Click here for more information.

Load and Play Videos with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows!

One of the new features in Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows is the ability to load videos that you have already downloaded from YouTube or elsewhere into Band-in-a-Box Video Window. The audio is extracted from the video to the audio track!
Watch program creator Peter Gannon explain this new feature here.

Introducing RealTracks Artist Mike Moreno - Upcoming Shows!

Mike Moreno is a Jazz guitarist recognized as being one of the most important figures in the new generation of Jazz guitarists! He's also a busy man - not only will you find his work in our newest Jazz RealTracks Sets 215-216, you'll also find him performing throughout January! For a complete list of his upcoming performances, visit http://www.mikemoreno.com/shows.html

Forum Stats
22419 Members
39 Forums
31803 Topics
252144 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 12:12 PM
Newest Members
White rabbit, Michel B., arqmarlon, nrprioleau, vwxyz{227565

22418 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
PeterGannon 284
Noel96 274