You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#157346 - 04/19/12 12:16 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Exporting from BIAB to daw
peyton56 Offline

Anyone know if there something written about ways to deal with exporting to daw from BIAB? I export wave files and during editing its hard to get the the imported files to line up on the measure since there is a count in. I have tried to line them up by moving the wav to start on the measure but I was wondering if anyone has found a way to easily import the wav files into a daw which facilitates cutting parts and moving them to other sections of the song while retaining a good frame of reference. I use sonar.

#157347 - 04/19/12 12:21 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Exporting from BIAB to daw [Re: peyton56]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
SoundCloud

#157348 - 04/19/12 12:38 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Exporting from BIAB to daw [Re: MusicStudent]
peyton56 Offline

thanks. do you know if this can be with sections of the song?

#157349 - 04/19/12 12:48 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Exporting from BIAB to daw [Re: peyton56]
peyton56 Offline

I having problems syncing the exported files when I try to edit a section to copy to another part of the song since the imported wav files are not lined up to the measure indicator in the daw. This make it difficult to maintain syncing the part to another section with the same chord structure. I recorded a harp part that has a delay coming in on one part of the song (a fade in intro) and I want to move that harp part to a instrumental in the middle of the song which has the same chords. Is there anything else written on this? Is there some approach that might facilitate this process? Thanks.

#157350 - 04/19/12 07:12 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Exporting from BIAB to daw [Re: peyton56]
cubanpete Offline
Expert

Loc: Florida, USA
Hi Peyton, maybe it would help if you tell us which DAW you are using for your production, but for instance, I normally use Sony Acid Pro, and what I do specially if there is a midi part involved, is to make sure i set the DAW tempo to the same one that of the original BIB created song, that way the beat markers are the same and all your wav files and midi should line up. Usually the count in is four beats, so you place all your files four beats to the right from the beginning. I'm assuming that the same principle works for most DAWs ( I'm not an expert in this matters) my suggestion is based on my own experience. As far as copying an pasting a part, having the beats at the same place would also help, so all you need to pay attention to is at what bar on BIB the part you want to copy is at so you can paste your copy at the correct place so the chord are correct.
Maybe someone more experienced in this forum can correct me if I'm wrong or make a better or easier suggestion. I hope this help.

Mike B.

#157351 - 04/20/12 04:43 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Exporting from BIAB to daw [Re: peyton56]
FrankK Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Sydney,NSW,Australia
You need to make sure before you import any wav files from BIAB to Sonar that the tempo in BIAB is set at the same value in Sonar. So if the tempo is say 130 in BIAB set the tempo at 130 (the default is 120) in Sonar before you import. If you dont do this you will not get the wav files to line up properly with the Sonar timeline. Once you have done this you will always get two bars intro before the start of the song. So bar 3 in Sonar will then be bar 1 in BIAB and so on.
Cheers.

Edited by FrankK (04/20/12 05:50 AM)

#157352 - 04/21/12 03:05 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Exporting from BIAB to daw [Re: peyton56]
KeithS Offline
Expert

Loc: Mobile, Alabama
Quote:

I having problems syncing the exported files when I try to edit a section to copy to another part of the song since the imported wav files are not lined up to the measure indicator in the daw. This make it difficult to maintain syncing the part to another section with the same chord structure. I recorded a harp part that has a delay coming in on one part of the song (a fade in intro) and I want to move that harp part to a instrumental in the middle of the song which has the same chords.

I have a lot of different methods for slicing and dicing things that I've brought from BIAB into SONAR. Lets start with this one and see if it works. First make absolutely sure that your SONAR project is set to the same BPM as the BIAB song you are exporting your tracks from. I always allow at least 2 measures on the front end of a project to account for the BIAB count-in because the first beat of that measure is my paste point for everything that I import that was based on the BIAB song.

Now, If I were working with that harp track, I would creat an empty audio track to paste clips into and use the imported track as the source. Now lets looks at the fade in from the intro that you want to use elsewhere in the song. I'm going to split a clip out. The first cut is going to come on the first beat of the measure that that harp part fades in on. Now, I'm not sure, but I think what you are saying is that your harp is actully coming in ahead of beat number one in the song. Doesn't matter. If you set your project up the way I do, the first beat of the song is actually in the third measure of the project. And this means that your harp solo is starting somewhere within the second measure. Make your first split in the second measure at 2:01:000. Make sure you are exactly on :000. Make the second split somewhere after the solo ends. Copy the resulting clip. Now go to that new empty audio track we made, and get to the measure in the middle of the song where you want this solo to start. Make the paste in measure on the first beat of the measure at exactly 01:000. If after the paste it isn't exactly there just go into the property of the clip and modify the start point. That should get you lined up with the chords properly.

Making clips like this also allows you the flexibility of turning them into groove clips and acid loops.
Windows 7 64 Bit, SONAR Platinum, Sony Vegas 13, Acid 7, Sony Audio Master Suite, Waves Horizon Bundle, Izotope Ozone 7 Advanced

#157353 - 04/21/12 04:39 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Exporting from BIAB to daw [Re: KeithS]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
if you go to this page there is a video titled DRAG N DROP TO DAW TUTORIAL

(on the left about 3 videos down)

http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm

#157354 - 04/22/12 04:15 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Exporting from BIAB to daw [Re: Pat Marr]
KeithS Offline
Expert

Loc: Mobile, Alabama
I don't believe his problem is getting the audio into his DAW. His problem is slicing it up and rearranging it after it is already there.
Windows 7 64 Bit, SONAR Platinum, Sony Vegas 13, Acid 7, Sony Audio Master Suite, Waves Horizon Bundle, Izotope Ozone 7 Advanced

#157355 - 04/22/12 04:59 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Exporting from BIAB to daw [Re: KeithS]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Peyton,

Sounds to me that you need to look into using the "snap" to note value. From memory, Sonar call it "Snap to grid". I'd imagine that there are a video or two on Youtube (and maybe even the Cakewalk site) that will show you how to use this feature.

Regards,
Noel

#157356 - 04/24/12 06:06 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Exporting from BIAB to daw [Re: Noel96]
Westside Steve Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Shores of Lake Erie
Snap to grid.
If you set it for a whole or half measure it should be a little easier.
I usually start the audio at 2 or 3 just so you have some leeway.
Make sure you have the tempo set to what ever your tracks were created in.
WSS

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 for Windows is a HIT!

Since the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows, we've received some great feedback!

"Oh wow. [The Audio Chord Wizard] has got to be the coolest enhancement to 2018 Band-in-a-Box. This is so-o-o powerful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!"
"2018 is a great release in so many ways!"
"Nice work, as usual!!"
"Luvin' it so far!"
"And yet again you manage to come up with styles and instruments that we absolutely 'must have'!"
"Great to have the Oohs and Ahhs RealTracks!"
"The RealTracks are worth their weight in gold to me. They really are an amazing invention for music creators."
"Every one of these tracks is phenomenal!"
"You guys just keep blowing us away."
"This is an amazing product. I tip my hat and thank you immensely."
"Awesome job once again!"
"What an unexpected treat!"
"What a fantastic idea PG music! I love to know who specifically thought of this idea. What an unexpected treat!!"
"Video set number three with Oliver Gannon is phenomenal just by itself! I've been asking for additional instruction from him for sometime And here it is! Plus it looks like there's something for everyone. You really out did yourself on this one PG Music - way to go!"
"Just tonight popped together a quick video using one of the new video styles. Must say the whole process worked without a hitch so this really does look like a great new feature. And what a great teaching aid this could be!"
"Come on, whats not to like about this"
"The new Audio Chord Wizard is my favorite new feature!"
"THIS IS EXCITING!"
"This should be great for creating backing tracks for covers."
"I know what I'm getting for Christmas!"
"What a release!!!"
"The XTRA Styles are fantastic any future idle music-related minutes I may have had are now totally gone gonna find that perfect background rhythm on just about every one of my favorites!!!"
"Recent retirement and the 2018 version of BIAB is a perfect combination!!"
"it's educational utility and potential is awesome!!!"
"I must say, the new harmony options in particular have me champing at the bit!"
"Love the new Video RealTracks!"
"The mixer included into the StylePicker is a great addition."
"This will give my students a great overview of what's going on in an arrangement with the different instruments.!!!"
"A musician must have."
"Lovin' the new RealTracks!!!"
"Amazing!"

Upgrade your Band-in-a-Box® to version 2018 during our special for great savings & Bonus PAKs! www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video

Here's a video showing you the different ways you can use the Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks, new with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

Video link - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows, now with Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks!

Plus, here are two audio demos, the full versions of two of the songs that appear in this video:

http://demos.pgmusic.com/audio/allstyledemos2/_LAZYDAY_full_demo.m4a
http://demos.pgmusic.com/audio/allstyledemos2/DownByTheSalleyGardens_with_VocalOohsAahs.m4a

Purchase RealTrack Set 278: Shiny Vocals Oohs and Aahs for just $29 here. It's also included in the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows PlusPAK, UltraPAK, and Audiophile Edition.

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 Build 506 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows users can download the latest Build 506 at http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#506

Summary of Changes since 2018 Build 205:
Added: "Export Song as Audio File..." menu item has been added to the Audio menu.
Added: BB2018 tutorials folder.
Added: New styles (STY files) for many of the new RealTracks in Sets 278-300 and MIDI SuperTracks sets 25-27.
Added: StylePicker User Categories updated for Xtra Styles PAK 4.
Updated: Styles database
Updated: Various improvements (including Db offset adjustments) to many of the new STY files and .SGU demos included with RealTracks Sets 278-300.
Fixed: "K3" did not work in the chord sheet for copying 3 bars (8 bars would be copied instead).
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box always opens with a maximized window briefly before resizing to the user's saved size.
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box will not open using the proper window size if the Mixer window was open while exiting.
Fixed: Deleting a region of chords would cause "Undo Delete Bars" to appear in the Edit menu, but do nothing unless chosen twice.
Fixed: Error "Input and output sample rates must match" might show when the devices do have matching sample rates.
Fixed: Flash messages were not being added to the flash message log.
Fixed: If Band-in-a-Box was in DAW Plugin mode while exiting, the window size was not restored the next time opening the program.
Fixed: Rendering .m4a or video files might fail and request that the user install QuickTime if using Windows 7. QuickTime should only be necessary for Windows Vista or XP.
Fixed: Some of the Oohs and Aahs (Vocal) RealTracks were not working correctly, and they have been greatly improved.
Fixed: Sometimes when deleting a note in the notation window, you will be asked "OK to delete chord".
Fixed: The "Show Flash Tips" setting did not have any effect when disabled.
Fixed: WashboardBluegrass drums.
Fixed: When exiting DAW Plugin mode, the window would not return to its previous size (it would become maximized).

Have Your Band-in-a-Box® Delivered In Time for Christmas!

The gift of music... some say this is the greatest gift of all! Imagine receiving the tools to help you create your own music for Christmas... like Band-in-a-Box!

If you are in the United States or Canada, order Band-in-a-Box before 12:30 pm Pacific time December 21st for Express delivery in time for Christmas.

If you are outside of North America, order before 12:30 pm Pacific time December 19th for Express delivery in time for Christmas.

With major savings and Bonus PAKs until December 31st, it's a great time to purchase Band-in-a-Box upgrades as a gift for someone you know... or for yourself!
http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - Xtra Styles PAK Quick Start Tutorial Video

Our latest video includes a Quick Start tutorial on the installation, locations, and use of the Band-in-a-Box® Xtra Styles PAKs in Version 2018 for Windows. Video: Xtra Styles PAK Quick Start Tutorial

We have put all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE! Until December 31st, purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

User Blog - How To Record a Cover Song Using Band-in-a-Box and RealBand

Joanne Cooper's final blog post for 2017, How to record a cover song using Band-in-a-Box and RealBand is a must-read!

Joanne summarizes the steps she took to produce her cover of "Old Lang Syne" - her final result was posted to the User Showcase Forum: Listen to Auld Lang Syne

https://www.joannecooper.co.za/blog/blog/how-to-record-a-cover-song-using-band-in-a-box-and-realband

Announcing…The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)

We are excited to announce the release of a new project: The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)

Songwriter Floyd Jane shows the songwriting process from inspiration to performance and publication: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=IYMMZVvQdCw

The idea for this project came about when many members on this forum and elsewhere were asking questions about the song writing process. There are many aspects, and many parts of it necessary to create a song, get it arranged, performed, and then published on the internet. So we asked the great songwriter Floyd Jane, who is a regular member on this forum, if he could help. Floyd agreed and was even able to collaborate with other forum members, Janice and Bud. The result is this video we put together that you can see on YouTube or Facebook, called "The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)".

We hope this video helps other songwriters with their songwriting process, and also shows them tools that are available to them along the way. Also, we mention this User Showcase Forum, and hope to see many new aspiring or accomplished songwriters join this community :blush:

A big Thank You to Floyd for sharing your knowledge with the community and making this possible. And to Janice and Bud for your great collaboration!

Here is Floyd's original forum post for his song "A Little Bit Of Me": http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=433190

Check out Floyd / Janice & Bud’s music here:
http://floydjane.com/
https://www.janiceandbud.com/

Forum Stats
26734 Members
50 Forums
48988 Topics
400402 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
zeuxis, dsalbani, axeman49, Jim Psm, Alessandro

26733 Registered Users