You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#157066 - 04/15/12 02:42 PM iPad and iPhone differences?
Petimar Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Seattle
Other than of course the bigger screen area, is there any differences on how these apps work?

If not, should I have been charged for the iPad version when I already had the iPhone version?
12 free PDF Instruction Books

www.Jazz-Mandolin.com
Jazz instruction for Mandolin

#157067 - 04/17/12 05:32 PM Re: iPad and iPhone differences? [Re: Petimar]
Will - PG Music Offline
Apprentice

Hello,

There are separate apps available for the iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch.

I did a bit of reading and it seems that if you purchase the iPhone app and use iTunes to sync both devices to the same computer you should be able to share an app between devices. ( https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3580664?start=0&tstart=0 ) Regarding purchasing it twice and a possible refund of the second purchase, you'd have to contact Apple for more information about that, as they control the App Store and all purchases therein.

Best,
Will

Edited by webmaster (04/18/12 06:12 PM)
Full contact information is available here.

#157068 - 04/17/12 05:53 PM Re: iPad and iPhone differences? [Re: Will - PG Music]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George, N...
Confirmed. My iPhone apps were also synced to my iPad when I connected the iPad to the same iTunes laptop, unless there were different versions of the app designed for the iPad.

#157069 - 04/18/12 06:09 PM Re: iPad and iPhone differences? [Re: Matt Finley]
Will - PG Music Offline
Apprentice

Hello,

Correction: I've just been informed that we have quite recently released a distinct iPad app, with the same feature set but written only for iPad. So if you only want to buy one you can use the iPhone app, and transfer it to the iPad as before; but if you buy the iPad app, it won't work on the iPhone and you will need to buy both for 0.99 each to have it running on both devices.

-Will
Full contact information is available here.

#157070 - 04/18/12 10:41 PM Re: iPad and iPhone differences? [Re: Will - PG Music]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George, N...
I just downloaded the iPad app for BIAB.

I already had the iPhone version (and also the BIAB Remote app).

Suggestion for PG Music to consider: the icon for the original BIAB app, which will work on an iPhone or iPad, and the icon for the new iPad-only version, are identical. If you are like me and first had the iPhone, then synced an iPad, then downloaded the new version, you will wind up with two identical app icons and names. On some apps where there is an iPad-specific app, the icon (or its name) shows some difference.

#157071 - 04/19/12 02:44 PM Re: iPad and iPhone differences? [Re: Matt Finley]
Petimar Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Seattle
Quote:

Suggestion for PG Music to consider: the icon for the original BIAB app, which will work on an iPhone or iPad, and the icon for the new iPad-only version, are identical. If you are like me and first had the iPhone, then synced an iPad, then downloaded the new version, you will wind up with two identical app icons and names. On some apps where there is an iPad-specific app, the icon (or its name) shows some difference.

Same thing happened with me, so this is why I asked the original question.
12 free PDF Instruction Books

www.Jazz-Mandolin.com
Jazz instruction for Mandolin

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
A Dream Come True For This Band-in-a-Box User

Einar Olsen shares his Band-in-a-Box story with us:

2 days ago – a dream came true, that I couldn't done without Band-in-a- Box:

THANKS PETER GANNON AND ALL OF YOU AT PG MUSIC!

I live in a small and beautiful village in Suldal/Norway – as an old musician, i'm addicted to create music but with a long way to travel to find a real band and pro musicians, I've been using BiaB for years writing new songs.

Almost 3 years ago an idea was born: telling 100 years of local history of common man, using the american blues genre/folk music and the Norwegian language Nynorsk.

I'm not from this part of Norway, so I had to collaborate with someone – someone with local knowledge and writing skills – and not at least a voice that could carry a tone. I found that man, and we ended up with 12 new lyrics and songs for a show. Receiving great feedback on the songs, we started dreaming of recording an album – but how to make it – how to finance it?

Well, I have some guitars, an old Mac Pro and BiaB!

The RealTracks in BiaB are so musically well done that I started the pre-production. The pre-productions actually sounded so good that I decided to use BiaB-tracks, tweak them and do the rest of the playing myself.

Could this end up as a "professional album"? My local collaborator on main vocal and I started believing, and…

…and 2 days ago the final result was released worldwide:

Blå tonar frå Suldal

THANKS for making a great software and putting effort in the glory of music, so this album could be made!

Best regards
Einar Olsen
MolsenHouse Productions

Congrats to Einar and Terje on the release of their album 'Blå tonar frå Suldal'!

For more information on the album, read the Press Release
and listen to song demos on Amazon.

Now Available - Cakewalk Music Creator 7

Cakewalk Music Creator 7 is here! This program includes the TTS-1 synth, which can be used as your MIDI sound source in Band-in-a-Box and other programs!

Learn more about Cakewalk Music Creator 7 here.

Video - jBridge with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows

You can use your 64-bit VST plugins and VSTi instruments with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows, using jBridge.
Band-in-a-Box 2015 has built-in support for jBridge, so you just use your plugins as you normally would, by selecting 32-bit or 64-bit plugins within Band-in-a-Box!

Learn more here: YouTube Video - jBridge with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows

Band-in-a-Box Feature - UserTracks

Did you know that you have the option of creating your very own RealTracks? We refer to these as UserTracks. UserTracks allow you to create your own audio styles to use in Band-in-a-Box or RealBand.

Making your own UserTracks is easy! Simply record the tracks in Band-in-a-Box, RealBand or any DAW. Once the track is recorded, name your UserTracks and add them to the UserTracks folder in Band-in-a-Box or RealBand. They are now ready to be used like any other RealTracks!
Watch the video and learn more: http://www.pgmusic.com/usertracks1.htm

RealTracks Artists Kenny Barron and Gary Smulyan - Winners at the JJA Jazz Awards!

The Jazz Journalists Association have announced the winners for their 19th annual Jazz Journalists Association Jazz Awards! Two of the winners are RealTracks Artists - Congratulations Kenny Barron and Gary Smulyan!!

Record of the Year:
The Art of Conversation (Impulse!)
Kenny Barron and Dave Holland

Trio or Duo of the Year:
Kenny Barron and Dave Holland

Pianist of the Year:
Kenny Barron

Baritone Saxophonist of the Year:
Gary Smulyan

For a complete list of winners, visit: http://www.jjajazzawards.org/p/2015.html

RealTracks Artist Gary Smulyan - Performs May 22nd!

Check out Gary Smulyan as he performs at the Byrnes Performing Arts Center in Arlington, WA on May 22nd with renowned jazz pianist George Cables!

For more information about this event, click here.

Video - Save Your Song as a Video with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows!

One of the new feature with Band-in-a-Box 2015 for Windows is the choice to save your Band-in-a-Box song composition as a video, that you can upload to YouTube or work with in video programs!
Just press the [Save as] button and choose 'Save as Video'. The 'video' portion is the chordsheet in Band-in-a-Box that shows the chords and a highlighted bar moving as the song plays. Song title and song info displays at the top of the window.
Watch the YouTube video...

Forum Stats
23092 Members
37 Forums
33757 Topics
269959 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
CrossfireRecords, Sani Adil, matsurikafarra, rickybbox, Ray N

23093 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 150