You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#157066 - 04/15/12 11:42 AM iPad and iPhone differences?
Petimar Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Seattle
Other than of course the bigger screen area, is there any differences on how these apps work?

If not, should I have been charged for the iPad version when I already had the iPhone version?
12 free PDF Instruction Books

www.Jazz-Mandolin.com
Jazz instruction for Mandolin

#157067 - 04/17/12 02:32 PM Re: iPad and iPhone differences? [Re: Petimar]
Will - PG Music Offline
Apprentice

Hello,

There are separate apps available for the iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch.

I did a bit of reading and it seems that if you purchase the iPhone app and use iTunes to sync both devices to the same computer you should be able to share an app between devices. ( https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3580664?start=0&tstart=0 ) Regarding purchasing it twice and a possible refund of the second purchase, you'd have to contact Apple for more information about that, as they control the App Store and all purchases therein.

Best,
Will

Edited by webmaster (04/18/12 03:12 PM)
Full contact information is available here.

#157068 - 04/17/12 02:53 PM Re: iPad and iPhone differences? [Re: Will - PG Music]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mid-Hudson Valley, New York an...
Confirmed. My iPhone apps were also synced to my iPad when I connected the iPad to the same iTunes laptop, unless there were different versions of the app designed for the iPad.

#157069 - 04/18/12 03:09 PM Re: iPad and iPhone differences? [Re: Matt Finley]
Will - PG Music Offline
Apprentice

Hello,

Correction: I've just been informed that we have quite recently released a distinct iPad app, with the same feature set but written only for iPad. So if you only want to buy one you can use the iPhone app, and transfer it to the iPad as before; but if you buy the iPad app, it won't work on the iPhone and you will need to buy both for 0.99 each to have it running on both devices.

-Will
Full contact information is available here.

#157070 - 04/18/12 07:41 PM Re: iPad and iPhone differences? [Re: Will - PG Music]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mid-Hudson Valley, New York an...
I just downloaded the iPad app for BIAB.

I already had the iPhone version (and also the BIAB Remote app).

Suggestion for PG Music to consider: the icon for the original BIAB app, which will work on an iPhone or iPad, and the icon for the new iPad-only version, are identical. If you are like me and first had the iPhone, then synced an iPad, then downloaded the new version, you will wind up with two identical app icons and names. On some apps where there is an iPad-specific app, the icon (or its name) shows some difference.

#157071 - 04/19/12 11:44 AM Re: iPad and iPhone differences? [Re: Matt Finley]
Petimar Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Seattle
Quote:

Suggestion for PG Music to consider: the icon for the original BIAB app, which will work on an iPhone or iPad, and the icon for the new iPad-only version, are identical. If you are like me and first had the iPhone, then synced an iPad, then downloaded the new version, you will wind up with two identical app icons and names. On some apps where there is an iPad-specific app, the icon (or its name) shows some difference.

Same thing happened with me, so this is why I asked the original question.
12 free PDF Instruction Books

www.Jazz-Mandolin.com
Jazz instruction for Mandolin

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
RealTracks Artist Gonzalo Bergara - Weekend Performances!

Catch the Gonzalo Bergara Quartet this weekend at the DjangoFest NorthWest!

Click here for more information.

RealTracks Artist Quinn Bachand will be there too!

Band-in-a-Box Facebook Contest!!

Like us on Facebook before October 1, 2014 for a chance to win a Band-in-a-Box EverythingPAK! Click here to enter

RealTracks Artist Jeff Lorber Takes the Stage September 25th!

Watch The Jazz Funk Soul Tour with RealTracks Artist Jeff Lorber, Everette Harp and Chuck Loeb on Thursday, September 25, 2014!

To learn more about this performance being held at the Highline Ballroom in New York, click here.

Video - Band-in-a-Box Chord Shortcuts

Entering Chords in Band-in-a-Box is easy!

Use these simple shortcuts in this YouTube Video to enter chords for your Band-in-a-Box song! You'll also learn how to create your own custom shortcuts!

A Look Back - Band-in-a-Box Version 12

Band-in-a-Box 12 for Windows was released in December 2002 - here are just a few of the New Features for Version 12:
✔ “Twice as many instruments” with GM2 support
✔ Separate Notation Track for each Harmony Voice
✔ Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin, Ukulele and Bass fretboard display
✔ Guitar Chord Diagrams in Jazz, Pop or Folk voicings
✔ Jazz Music Fonts for Notes, Symbols, Chords and Titles
✔ Multiple Tracks of Notation
✔ Section Text and Boxed Text – add custom text messages at any position in the notation track
✔ “Direct-to-Disk” Audio Rendering – converting a song to audio format in seconds
...and more!

Click here to see the Band-in-a-Box 12 info sheet!

This Saturday - THE TIME JUMPERS with Vince Gill, Dawn Sears, and Kenny Sears!

There are still some tickets left for THE TIME JUMPERS featuring Vince Gill, Dawn Sears, and (RealTracks Artist) Kenny Sears show this Saturday at The Arcada Theatre in St Charles, IL!

Click here for event information.

RealTracks Artist Troy MacGillivray - Saturday Performance!

Join RealTracks Artist Troy MacGillivray this Saturday at 8pm as he kicks off the fall season at Harmony House Theatre in Hunter River PEI!

Click here for more information.

Forum Stats
22006 Members
38 Forums
30071 Topics
239367 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
Zizio, dannadou, jimbao, Vegavox, yogisax

22006 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 110