You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#157066 - 04/15/12 11:42 AM iPad and iPhone differences?
Petimar Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Seattle
Other than of course the bigger screen area, is there any differences on how these apps work?

If not, should I have been charged for the iPad version when I already had the iPhone version?
12 free PDF Instruction Books

www.Jazz-Mandolin.com
Jazz instruction for Mandolin

#157067 - 04/17/12 02:32 PM Re: iPad and iPhone differences? [Re: Petimar]
Will - PG Music Offline
Apprentice

Hello,

There are separate apps available for the iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch.

I did a bit of reading and it seems that if you purchase the iPhone app and use iTunes to sync both devices to the same computer you should be able to share an app between devices. ( https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3580664?start=0&tstart=0 ) Regarding purchasing it twice and a possible refund of the second purchase, you'd have to contact Apple for more information about that, as they control the App Store and all purchases therein.

Best,
Will

Edited by webmaster (04/18/12 03:12 PM)
Full contact information is available here.

#157068 - 04/17/12 02:53 PM Re: iPad and iPhone differences? [Re: Will - PG Music]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Mid-Hudson Valley, New York an...
Confirmed. My iPhone apps were also synced to my iPad when I connected the iPad to the same iTunes laptop, unless there were different versions of the app designed for the iPad.

#157069 - 04/18/12 03:09 PM Re: iPad and iPhone differences? [Re: Matt Finley]
Will - PG Music Offline
Apprentice

Hello,

Correction: I've just been informed that we have quite recently released a distinct iPad app, with the same feature set but written only for iPad. So if you only want to buy one you can use the iPhone app, and transfer it to the iPad as before; but if you buy the iPad app, it won't work on the iPhone and you will need to buy both for 0.99 each to have it running on both devices.

-Will
Full contact information is available here.

#157070 - 04/18/12 07:41 PM Re: iPad and iPhone differences? [Re: Will - PG Music]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Mid-Hudson Valley, New York an...
I just downloaded the iPad app for BIAB.

I already had the iPhone version (and also the BIAB Remote app).

Suggestion for PG Music to consider: the icon for the original BIAB app, which will work on an iPhone or iPad, and the icon for the new iPad-only version, are identical. If you are like me and first had the iPhone, then synced an iPad, then downloaded the new version, you will wind up with two identical app icons and names. On some apps where there is an iPad-specific app, the icon (or its name) shows some difference.

#157071 - 04/19/12 11:44 AM Re: iPad and iPhone differences? [Re: Matt Finley]
Petimar Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Seattle
Quote:

Suggestion for PG Music to consider: the icon for the original BIAB app, which will work on an iPhone or iPad, and the icon for the new iPad-only version, are identical. If you are like me and first had the iPhone, then synced an iPad, then downloaded the new version, you will wind up with two identical app icons and names. On some apps where there is an iPad-specific app, the icon (or its name) shows some difference.

Same thing happened with me, so this is why I asked the original question.
12 free PDF Instruction Books

www.Jazz-Mandolin.com
Jazz instruction for Mandolin

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Share your UserTracks on our Forum!

An exciting new features of Band-in-a-Box 2014 is the ability to make UserTracks, which can be used just like any RealTracks!

We've created a tutorial to help you get started with UserTracks: Make a Band-in-a-Box UserTrack in under 10 minutes!

Once you've finished, feel free to share your creation on our UserTracks Forum.

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows - 13 Languages Available!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows is available in thirteen different languages!

Select the following page for a complete list of the translations available: http://www.bandinabox.com

Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows Patch Update Available

Do you own Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Windows? Make sure to download the latest patch update 384!

Band-in-a-Box 2014 German Patch for Windows

Existing Band-in-a-Box 2014 customers who'd like to use the German version can download the latest language patch here.

RealTracks Artist John Jorgenson - A Busy Man!

Interested in seeing RealTracks artist John Jorgenson perform? There's plenty of opportunities coming up! Take a look at his schedule: http://www.johnjorgenson.com/index.php/tour/

Stay in Touch on Facebook and Twitter!

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter and you'll be the first to know about specials, new releases, contests and other exciting PG Music Inc. announcements!

Band-in-a-Box Tutorials & How-To's!

Want to learn more about your Band-in-a-Box? Like how to make your own UserTracks or the steps for downloading and installing RealTracks? Head to our Tutorials & How-To's page!

Forum Stats
22436 Members
38 Forums
29441 Topics
233952 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
Hkahn117, hifijohn, 1157, Craig John, Shoreton-Kerrley

22435 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Guitarhacker 88
dani48 86