Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#157493 - 04/21/12 12:35 PM ACW problem
WienSam Offline
Veteran

Loc: A corner of Vienna, Austria, t...
On importing a track into ACW, I get a note that states "Unanticipated host error" with a tick button below it that says 'OK@. There is no option but to click OK. The track then finishes loading, tempo and bars and beats are worked out BUT the 'Play' button is kind of greyed out and there is no response if you click on it

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what

#157494 - 04/21/12 12:44 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: WienSam]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
What kind of track?
How do you import it into ACW?
RB or BiaB?

#157495 - 04/21/12 12:58 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: rharv]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
and what format of audio file are you importing?

#157496 - 04/21/12 05:27 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: Pat Marr]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Also, does the problem exist with other audio files? (BTW, what version of BIAB do you have?)

#157497 - 04/21/12 10:37 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: Noel96]
WienSam Offline
Veteran

Sorry, I had a feeling I might not have given enough detail. Latest version fully updated of BIAB 2012 (349) and I get the file (either mp3 or wav) by opening RB then under <File> selecting <Launch Audio Chord Wizard...>

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

#157498 - 04/21/12 10:48 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: WienSam]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Hi Sam. So, you solved your 'no sound' problem earlier today?

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=360469&an=0&page=0#Post360469
BIAB 2016 for Windows Audiophile, SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, & Encore running on Windows 10 64-bit, i7. Hardware includes a Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20, TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch.

#157499 - 04/21/12 10:59 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: Matt Finley]
WienSam Offline
Veteran

No, Matt. Not yet. Just added more info over there

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

#157500 - 04/22/12 12:02 AM Re: ACW problem [Re: WienSam]
WienSam Offline
Veteran

Now I seem to have found the solution to this and my other sound problem by changing from ASIO to MME. But why should this solve it?

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

#157501 - 04/22/12 12:24 AM Re: ACW problem [Re: WienSam]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:

Now I seem to have found the solution to this and my other sound problem by changing from ASIO to MME. But why should this solve it?

its the dreaded ASIO gremlins. They get everybody at one time or another.

my theory is that ASIO stands for

Awwww
Shucks (or some other similar word)
It's

whereas MME stands for

Makin'
Music!!
Eeeeyahoooo!

or not. Maybe I dreamed it.
(Seems to work that way for a lot of people though...)

#157502 - 04/22/12 08:02 AM Re: ACW problem [Re: Pat Marr]
rharv Offline
Veteran

"Now I seem to have found the solution to this and my other sound problem by changing from ASIO to MME. But why should this solve it? "

incorrect, corrupt, or incompatible ASIO driver .. or just wrong ASIO driver chosen.
At this point, If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

#157503 - 04/22/12 12:18 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: rharv]
WienSam Offline
Veteran

So should I just forget ASIO?

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

#157504 - 04/22/12 01:59 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: WienSam]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Have you tried do not map this device in audio properties? Just a thought.

#157505 - 04/23/12 09:48 AM Re: ACW problem [Re: WienSam]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Quote:

So should I just forget ASIO?

Yes.

There is NO difference in the sound quality.

Both ASIO and MME/WDM create the same kind of PCM Audio .wav files.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#157506 - 04/23/12 12:32 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: Mac]
jazzmammal Offline
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Sam, the only reason to use ASIO is if you're playing/recording the sounds of a software midi synth in real time as you're listening to other tracks. ASIO reduces the latency (delay) you hear using MME. A hardware external synth has no latency. Unless you have a midi guitar or you're playing a midi keyboard through your PC and using a software synth, no need for ASIO.

Bob

#157507 - 04/24/12 07:14 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: jazzmammal]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Here's the difference in a nutshell (as seen by rharv)

When you use ASIO, the idea is to play a keyboard and have the MIDI from a keyboard come into the computer and generate a softsynth. Or to record audio and use the realtime effects on the input. Example: sing into a mic and hear the reverb from a DXi or VST effect in real time.

If you don't use those features you don't need ASIO. You may want to, and on some systems these drivers actually work better, but this helps determine the need.

The reason: when the MIDI comes in (or the audio) the computer is tasked with creating a sound right away. The sooner the better! So ASIO runs in the system with much lower latency (delay) because it makes itself a priority. By doing this it adds stress to a system. Some systems and drivers are fine with this, some not so much.

MME, on the other hand, doesn't respond as quickly. This is because the audio buffer it uses is much larger, so it doesn't tax the system so much. It still creates the same sound, but just does it with less stress on the machine and a bigger buffer.

This buffer comes into play in many ways, but most are not needed by many users except in the above two examples.
Some others would include:
Response to a mixer interface (including the program mixer)
Milliseconds of time between hitting play and the file starting (buffer load)

Things that require immediate response.
Otherwise, they are indistinguishable in the end.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Hurry - Only 2 Days Left for Xtra Styles PAK Savings!

Time is running out! Until August 31, 2016 we are offering Special Pricing on the All Xtra Styles PAK 1... it's only $29! (regular price: $49)

We are also offering a bundle of the All Xtra Styles PAK 1 & the 49-PAK for only $49 during the month of August! (a $98 value!)

Learn more about Xtra Styles at www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php

The Xtra Styles PAKs Special Ends August 31st!

Our Xtra Styles PAKs special ends on August 31st!

Until then, you can purchase all 164 new RealStyles for only $29! Or, purchase all the Xtra Styles and the 49-PAK for the limited-time low price of $49 - this purchase option is only available during our special!

Demos and purchase options are available here: www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Have you already received your new Xtra Styles? Check out the Xtra Styles Song Contest we're running right now! You could win $150 PG "Bucks"!

JAWS Script for Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Windows!

If you are a Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Windows user and require the use of JAWS Screen Reader, we have news! The recently released Band-in-a-Box 2016 patch update includes the latest JAWs script!

Among the many Fixes and Additions with this patch update, the following will be applied to your Band-in-a-Box 2016 when installed:
"Highlight selected cell" checkbox added to Display Options. If enabled, the currently selected cell will be highlighted instead of just out-lined. Select "Cell highlighting" in the color picker to pick the highlighting color. This feature is useful for JAWS Screen Reader users.

You can download the latest Band-in-a-Box 2016 for Windows update patch at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#436

If you don't have the latest JAWS scripts for Band-in-a-Box, you can download them here.

New Forum - Help! Tech S.O.S. (Off topic)

Have you ever had a tech question regarding computer related or music equipment issues, and didn't know where to post on our forum? Well, now you do! We've created a new forum called Help! Tech S.O.S. where you can post your problems and request assistance.

This will be a great forum to post to when you need assistance that doesn't have to do with our products. A few examples of posts that would be shared here include:
- my guitar sound has a buzz when I plugin to my guitar
- which type of guitar strings are best for a telecaster?
- my iPhone won't charge -why?
- what's a good set of home speakers for a living room.
- should I buy an android or iPhone?
- what's a good entry level saxophone to buy?
- is a 4K TV worth it?

Tell Us Your Favorite Features in Band-in-a-Box & RealBand

Are there features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand that you absolutely love? Let your voice be heard - post about these to our new forum My Favorite Things!

This new forum is also a great place to review the features that other program users love - you never know... you may learn something new about the program, and have your "favorite list" grow too!

The Xtra Styles Song Contest for Band-in-a-Box

If you've purchased your Xtra Styles PAK for Band-in-a-Box 2016, make sure you enter the Xtra Styles Contest that we are running until September 30th! We have one prize for each category: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Singer/Songwriter. The winners will receive $150 US "PG Bucks" for a future Band-in-a-Box purchase!

Entering the contest is easy! Learn more about the contest, including how to submit your song, here!

We will announce the winners in October!

Xtra Styles PAKs Special Pricing - There's Still Time!

Attention all Band-in-a-Box 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, and Audiophile Edition customers!!!

If you haven't purchased your All Xtra Styles PAK yet, there's still time to enjoy our special pricing of just $29! This price is available until August 31st - more information is available at www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

What will you get?
164 NEW RealStyles, created using the RealTracks & RealDrums from the 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition.

What genres are available?
Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Singer Songwriter.

What is the special pricing?
$29 for all of 'em! (regular price: $49)
PLUS... we're offering a special bundle price during August: the All Xtra Styles PAK 1 & 2016 49-PAK Bundle for $49! (this is a $98 value!!!)

Why are we bundling these Xtra Styles with a 49-PAK during our special?
There are a handful of RealStyles within the new Xtra Styles which require the 49-PAK in order to work. If you purchased any UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition during our December/January special, it would not have included the 49-PAK.

If you don't have the 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition you can purchase your copy here - any of these purchases will include the 164 new RealStyles from the Xtra Styles PAK during the month of August!

Forum Stats
25082 Members
44 Forums
40944 Topics
327695 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
Justlook, DrOnion, LordElpus, fastrak1, josere

25081 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 196
VideoTrack 158