You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#157690 - 04/22/12 11:58 AM Rendering WAV - no sound
Matti Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
I have a PC, Windows XP, Korg 05/RW synth module, external loudspeakers and Terratec PHASE X24 external sound module. Everything is properly installed because I can hear the music made with BIAB through loudspeakers. I have also o MIDI keyboard and I can hear when I play that. So everything is ok for BIAB and MIDI.

When I render the WAV file it is always empty if I make it with my synth module. I was possible to make a wav using DXI synth but not with my Korg. I have read Pgmusics "Rendering to WAV by recording your Band-in-a-Box songs in real-time". I think that I make everything as is said there. The DXI is not marked on the MIDI options. I also have chosen LINE IN from the recording properties. The line out from my Korg goes to a blue connection on the back of my PC. I checked the WAV with power tracks audio window and it is totally empty.

Any ideas?

#157691 - 04/22/12 12:13 PM Re: Rendering WAV - no sound [Re: Matti]
PhillyJazz Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Philly
You need to make sure the blue connection is "Line In" and that "Line In" is selected in Windows "Sound" as your recording device. Also,in the BIAB MIDI/ Audio drivers dialog that under "Audio Settings" and then "Audio Drivers" that is selected as well. Do you have ASIO4All ??

The only MIDI that can be directly recorded by BIAB is VST/DXI. An external box will always have to route and be mixed in to the Audio stream.
Samsung SSD Boot drive,other internal and USB drives.
M-Audio Fast Track Ultra
Ketron SD4
Onkyo TX-SR606 amp.

#157692 - 04/23/12 06:43 AM Re: Rendering WAV - no sound [Re: Matti]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Hi Matti,

You are using a Hardware MIDI synth and that cannot do the "Direct Render" of its sounds because the sounds live outside of the domain of your host computer's CPU.

The CPU sends MIDI data outside of the PC to the Hardware Synth, the Synth makes the sounds using its internal CPU and then sends those sounds out of its Audio Outputs.

The way to obtain a .wav or other audio format file of a song that has your Hardware MIDI voices in it is to Record the performance from start to finish onto the available Audio track in BiaB. Of course, that means that the Audio L and R Line Outputs of the hardware synth must be connected to the Audio Line Inputs of your computer's sound device using properly shielded audio cables and the right adaptor plugs to fit at each end of the cables, plus your sound device's software Recording Mixer must be set to record from the Line Input. If you are also using RealDrums or a few Realtracks along with the MIDI, the soundcard's software recording mixer must be set to a "Stereo Mix" or "What U Hear" or some other manufactiurer's designation that allows the sound device to record both the Line Inputs and .wav outputs at the same time.

Automatic "Rendering" can only be done if one is using a DXi or VSTi software synthesizer plugin, where the sounds are inside the computer in the first place.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#157693 - 04/23/12 07:50 AM Re: Rendering WAV - no sound [Re: Mac]
Matti Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Thank you for your comments. I have no use for the DXI because the soft synths sounds (Roland) are quite poor. Maybe there are good commercial software synths nowadays but I have only these that came with BIAB.

I realised what was wrong with my gear. I tried first to connect the audio cables from my Korg to the PC. Then I realised that I must use the firewire. I connected the audio cables from the Korg to the Terratec external sound cards "audio in". And now the synth sounds go through the sound card and firewire cable to the PC. An audio files are created properly!

Shout Box (Live chat with other users)

PG Music News
Video - Downloading songs from a Mac to your iPhone

Watch this video to learn more about downloading songs to an iPhone from your desktop Mac over a WiFi connection.
Video: Downloading songs from a Mac to your iPhone

Dare to Compare - MIDI Synths and RealTracks

Interested in comparing various MIDI software and hardware synths with each other, and with RealTracks? Check out our Dare to Compare page! Here you can listen to the differences between the Coyote WT, Roland VSC, Cakewalk TTS, Coyote Forte, Roland SD-20, Roland SC-155 and the Ketron SD2 Orchestral Wizard!

RealTracks Artist Kenny Barron Istanbul Performance!

Kenny Barron teams up with Dave Holland for his latest performance in Istanbul! The performance is being held on Friday, October 31st - Click here to learn more about this event.

For a complete list of Kenny's upcoming performances, visit http://kennybarron.com/itinerary/

YouTube Playlist - Tips & Tricks

There's so much Band-in-a-Box can do! Our YouTube Channel: Tips & Tricks playlist takes an in-depth look at many of the features of Band-in-a-Box, offering tips and tricks to help you get the most out of the program!

Video - Woodshedding with Band-in-a-Box

When practicing (or "woodshedding") a tune, it is useful for the tempo to speed up every time the section loops or the song restarts from the beginning. This video will show you how to practice songs or parts of a song at automatically increasing tempos within Band-in-a-Box. Watch the YouTube Video to learn more!

RealTracks Artists “Jump In” to Fight Cancer

The Time Jumpers will be performing for the inaugural Dawn Sears and Friends Benefit for Lung Cancer Research on November 30th in Gallatin, TN. For more event information, visit: http://www.dawnsearsandfriends.com
The Time Jumpers band includes RealTracks Artists Andy Reiss, Jeff Taylor, Kenny Sears & Paul Franklin!

Video - UserTracks Tutorial

A few years ago, PG Music introduced RealTracks - audio tracks that replace the MIDI track for that instrument, and can be controlled just like the MIDI instrument (volume changes, muting etc.). Now with Band-in-a-Box 2014 you have the ability to create your own RealTracks!

To make your own RealTracks, simply record tracks in any DAW, name your UserTracks, and add them to the UserTracks folder in Band-in-a-Box. They are now ready to use, the same as you use other RealTracks! Watch the YouTube Video: UserTracks Tutorial to learn more!

Forum Stats
22153 Members
37 Forums
30465 Topics
243328 Posts

Max Online: 1063 @ 07/10/13 09:12 AM
Newest Members
daddyblue, Bruce Cichowlas, yoharry, jgottlied, tracywitt

22153 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 159
c_fogle 119