Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#157493 - 04/21/12 12:35 PM ACW problem
WienSam Offline
Veteran

Loc: A corner of Vienna, Austria, t...
On importing a track into ACW, I get a note that states "Unanticipated host error" with a tick button below it that says 'OK@. There is no option but to click OK. The track then finishes loading, tempo and bars and beats are worked out BUT the 'Play' button is kind of greyed out and there is no response if you click on it

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what

#157494 - 04/21/12 12:44 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: WienSam]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
What kind of track?
How do you import it into ACW?
RB or BiaB?

#157495 - 04/21/12 12:58 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: rharv]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
and what format of audio file are you importing?

#157496 - 04/21/12 05:27 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: Pat Marr]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Also, does the problem exist with other audio files? (BTW, what version of BIAB do you have?)

#157497 - 04/21/12 10:37 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: Noel96]
WienSam Offline
Veteran

Sorry, I had a feeling I might not have given enough detail. Latest version fully updated of BIAB 2012 (349) and I get the file (either mp3 or wav) by opening RB then under <File> selecting <Launch Audio Chord Wizard...>

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

#157498 - 04/21/12 10:48 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: WienSam]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Hi Sam. So, you solved your 'no sound' problem earlier today?

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=360469&an=0&page=0#Post360469
BIAB 2016 for Windows Audiophile, SONAR Platinum, Adobe Audition, Ozone, & Encore running on Windows 10 64-bit, i7. Hardware includes a Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20, TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch.

#157499 - 04/21/12 10:59 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: Matt Finley]
WienSam Offline
Veteran

No, Matt. Not yet. Just added more info over there

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

#157500 - 04/22/12 12:02 AM Re: ACW problem [Re: WienSam]
WienSam Offline
Veteran

Now I seem to have found the solution to this and my other sound problem by changing from ASIO to MME. But why should this solve it?

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

#157501 - 04/22/12 12:24 AM Re: ACW problem [Re: WienSam]
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:

Now I seem to have found the solution to this and my other sound problem by changing from ASIO to MME. But why should this solve it?

its the dreaded ASIO gremlins. They get everybody at one time or another.

my theory is that ASIO stands for

Awwww
Shucks (or some other similar word)
It's

whereas MME stands for

Makin'
Music!!
Eeeeyahoooo!

or not. Maybe I dreamed it.
(Seems to work that way for a lot of people though...)

#157502 - 04/22/12 08:02 AM Re: ACW problem [Re: Pat Marr]
rharv Offline
Veteran

"Now I seem to have found the solution to this and my other sound problem by changing from ASIO to MME. But why should this solve it? "

incorrect, corrupt, or incompatible ASIO driver .. or just wrong ASIO driver chosen.
At this point, If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

#157503 - 04/22/12 12:18 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: rharv]
WienSam Offline
Veteran

So should I just forget ASIO?

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

#157504 - 04/22/12 01:59 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: WienSam]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Have you tried do not map this device in audio properties? Just a thought.

#157505 - 04/23/12 09:48 AM Re: ACW problem [Re: WienSam]
Mac Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia USA
Quote:

So should I just forget ASIO?

Yes.

There is NO difference in the sound quality.

Both ASIO and MME/WDM create the same kind of PCM Audio .wav files.

--Mac

You must be Audiominds.
www.audiominds.com

#157506 - 04/23/12 12:32 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: Mac]
jazzmammal Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Sam, the only reason to use ASIO is if you're playing/recording the sounds of a software midi synth in real time as you're listening to other tracks. ASIO reduces the latency (delay) you hear using MME. A hardware external synth has no latency. Unless you have a midi guitar or you're playing a midi keyboard through your PC and using a software synth, no need for ASIO.

Bob

#157507 - 04/24/12 07:14 PM Re: ACW problem [Re: jazzmammal]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Here's the difference in a nutshell (as seen by rharv)

When you use ASIO, the idea is to play a keyboard and have the MIDI from a keyboard come into the computer and generate a softsynth. Or to record audio and use the realtime effects on the input. Example: sing into a mic and hear the reverb from a DXi or VST effect in real time.

If you don't use those features you don't need ASIO. You may want to, and on some systems these drivers actually work better, but this helps determine the need.

The reason: when the MIDI comes in (or the audio) the computer is tasked with creating a sound right away. The sooner the better! So ASIO runs in the system with much lower latency (delay) because it makes itself a priority. By doing this it adds stress to a system. Some systems and drivers are fine with this, some not so much.

MME, on the other hand, doesn't respond as quickly. This is because the audio buffer it uses is much larger, so it doesn't tax the system so much. It still creates the same sound, but just does it with less stress on the machine and a bigger buffer.

This buffer comes into play in many ways, but most are not needed by many users except in the above two examples.
Some others would include:
Response to a mixer interface (including the program mixer)
Milliseconds of time between hitting play and the file starting (buffer load)

Things that require immediate response.
Otherwise, they are indistinguishable in the end.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
August 1st is "British Columbia Day" - Limited Availability

August 1st is British Columbia Day (BC Day), and we will have limited availability that day. All departments will be closed that day except for our Customer Service (Sales) department which will be open from 8:00AM to 4:00PM PST.

Our complete contact information and hours of operation list here: www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Band-in-a-Box User Bill Haden Jr - Highlighted!

Band-in-a-Box User Bill Haden Jr has been featured in this online article, which highlights his performances as a one-man band!

Take a look at the article, and flip through the 4 photos included - anything look familiar?

Congratulations on your success, Bill Haden Jr!

Band-in-a-Box® User-to-User Video Tutorials!

Along with the extensive library of Band-in-a-Box® video tutorial we share on our website and YouTube Channel, we also have some "User to User" videos created by Band-in-a-Box® users just like you! You can view these here: www.pgmusic.com/videos.user.htm

If you've created your own Band-in-a-Box® video tutorial that you'd like to see on our website, please contact our Marketing Team with the link and a request.

PowerTracks 2016 Build 5 Update Available!

Our development team has just released a free patch update for all PowerTracks Pro Audio 2016 customers!

Learn more about this patch update & download it here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Windows - Build 436 Update Available!

The latest update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2016 for Windows!

Click here to learn more about this patch update, which is a free download for all Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Windows users.

Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Windows - Build 435 Update Available!

If you're using Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Windows, there's a new patch with updates that can be downloaded! Download it here.

This patch includes:
Added: "Highlight selected cell" checkbox added to Display Options. If enabled, the currently selected cell will be highlighted instead of just out-lined. Select "Cell highlighting" in the color picker to pick the highlighting color. This feature is useful for JAWS Screen Reader users.
Added: "Play when chosen" option added to StylePicker.
Updated: Help file.
Updated: PDF User Guide.
Fixed: Clicking on the Print button in the Big Lyrics window would open the old version of the Options for Copy Lyrics to Clipboard dialog.
Fixed: Diminished chords were recognized wrong when "Treat 'dim' chord as a diminished triad (Cdim5) instead of CDim7" setting was disabled. Entering a 'dim' or 'dim7' chord would result in a 'dim5' chord. Entering a 'dim5' chord would result in no chord.
Fixed: In the Notation Window, changing modes with the right-click menu would not highlight the correct mode button (eg. from editable to regular mode).
Fixed: It is not possible to enter "Faug" as a slash chord, unless typing Roman Numerals ('iv') or Nashville Notation ('4') for the root.
Fixed: It is not possible to enter 'Fadd2' as a slash chord, unless typing Roman Numerals ('iv') or Nashville Notation ('4') for the root.
Fixed: Lines drawn under the stave in the lead sheet.
Fixed: Song memo did not show information about audio loops or UserTracks in song.
Fixed: The GUI for some VST plugins did not fit into the plugins window. An example plugin is XLN Addictive Drums 2.
Fixed: The GUI for some VST plugins sometimes change size, and the plugins window would not grow or shrink to match. An example plugin is the Roland soundCANVAS VA.
Fixed: The Higher Banks dialog was limited to 1983 patches. The new limit is 10000.
Fixed: The lead sheet print range always defaulted to the first chorus.
Fixed: The right-click menu in the Notation Window would not do anything if in non-editable mode.

Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac - Build 129 Update Available

Learn more about this update and download it here.

Summary of the changes:
Added: "Highlight selected cell" checkbox added to Display Options. If enabled, the currently selected cell will be highlighted instead of just out-lined. Select "Cell highlighting" in the color picker to pick the highlighting color. This feature is useful for JAWS Screen Reader users.
Added: "Play when chosen" option added to StylePicker.
Added: Additional Chord Display layer now has an option for "Normal" display.
Added: Option to load the previous song or style "At program bootup..." added to Preferences.
Fixed: BossaTerryClark variation 3 named incorrectly in RD Picker
Fixed: Chord entry during playback was very slow.
Fixed: Command+w would close Notation Window, but not automatically switch to the chord sheet.
Fixed: Control+Minus would not set the relative tempo to 50%.
Fixed: Diminished chords were recognized wrong when "Treat 'dim' chord as a diminished triad (Cdim5) instead of CDim7" setting was enabled. Entering a 'dim' or 'dim5' chord would result in a 'dim7' chord. Entering a 'dim7' chord would result in no chord.
Fixed: Hitting TAB key while in the Notation Window would cause key input to stop working.
Fixed: If "Auto-open/close editable layers" is enabled, and a song with lyrics is opened from the Finder before Band-in-a-Box is open, the lyrics would not be loaded.
Fixed: It is not possible to enter 'Fadd2' as a slash chord, unless typing Roman Numerals ('iv') or Nashville Notation ('4') for the root.
Fixed: It is not possible to enter 'Faug' as a slash chord, unless typing Roman Numerals ('iv') or Nashville Notation ('4') for the root.
Fixed: It was not possible to select "1st/2nd/3rd" or "1st/2nd/3rd/4th" type endings in the repeats dialog.
Fixed: 'MIDI QWERTY Keyboard Wizard' feature was not working.
Fixed: Opening a song from the Finder would not automatically start playback.
Fixed: Song memo did not show information about audio loops or UserTracks in song.
Fixed: The "Play when selected" option in the Song Picker had no effect.
Fixed: The chord sheet did not work properly with keyboard layouts other than US.
Fixed: The Select Track dialog would get stuck behind the Load XML dialog.

Forum Stats
24971 Members
42 Forums
40574 Topics
323757 Posts

Max Online: 1591 @ 03/15/15 04:12 PM
Newest Members
PAK5000, Sergio Henrique, heatus, Abigail Madison, Longwaytogoyet

24971 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 138
David Snyder 125