Here is something I am finding to be useful, as an added thought.

I really love those Xtra styles just released because they function as "benchmarks" and "mixing suggestions" for different styles. They really are "premixed" and "pre-engineered" to a certain degree, although I do add stuff to them in terms of VST effects and other instruments.

HOWEVER, it is interesting to see how they render all alone, and to run a dynamic range test on them with something like the TT-DR meter, recommended in earlier posts. (I love this plug in.)

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/tt-dynamic-range-meter-by-pleasurize-music-foundation

In their native state you can listen to generations of songs done with Xtra styles and see dynamic ranges in the 10-12 range which is, like, Cat Stevens. Perfect. Then, try adding in whatever effects you are going to use like EQ, compression and so forth and see how much you mess it up. If the dynamic range goes to 3 you are making noise, not music.

I myself am on a vast, vast learning curve with all of this mixing stuff, but here is what I am learning.

1.) Less is more most of the time.
2.) Use effects but be careful.
3.) Study the sounds of the Xtra styles as "reference masters" to see how far you are straying away from simplicity and a pleasing tone.
4.) Make sure you examine your dynamic range and leave headroom. -1 DB is about as high as you should go and a dynamic range of at least 7-8 is preferable. Below that you start to make noise. At 3 you are noise.

"Pleasing tone" doesn't just apply to acoustic and folk.

Aerosmith knows a lot about pleasing tone, too.