Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#361908 - 08/22/16 05:13 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules
Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Announcing... Xtra Styles Contest - 4 prizes of $150

We recently introduced Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box - these are new RealStyles in four categories: Jazz, Country, Rock/Pop, and Singer/Songwriter. Now you could win a prize for submitting a song that you made using an Xtra Style! We have one prize for each category. The winners will receive a $150 USD coupon for a future Band-in-a-Box purchase.

Participating can be as easy as typing in chords to a song, choosing an Xtra style, pressing play, then saving as an audio file and uploading to SoundCloud.

Please read the contest rules below. The contest is open for submission until midnight September 30, 2016

Contest Rules

• You must own Band-in-a-Box 2016 along with one or more of the Xtra Styles PAKs.
  • The song you submit must be your own original composition. As mentioned, this could be simply typing in chords to your song and pressing play, but you may also add additional instruments, solo, and/or melody.
  • Submit your song to the "Xtra Styles Contest" forum, before the deadline.

To submit a song:

1. Make a song using an Xtra Style. Your song can be entirely Band-in-a-Box tracks, or you can add anything you want to it (vocals, additional instruments, etc.)

2. Save the song as an audio file and upload to SoundCloud (or somewhere else, as long as it can be downloaded/played from a url).

3. Post a new message in this forum that contains (1) a link to your song, (2) the name of the style you used (e.g. _LIBERTY), and (3) the category (e.g. Singer-Songwriter).

Start a new thread for your song, rather than replying to an existing thread. It is a good idea to include the title of your song in your post title. Note: If you're not sure of the category, look for the style name in the 'RealTracks - Demos\Xtra Styles' folder (e.g. RealTracks - Demos\Xtra Styles\Singer-Songwriter\_LIBERTY Demo.sgu').

We will review the songs based on a combination of criteria, including:

• good compositions / songwriting.
  • creativity / originality.
  • good use of Band-in-a-Box or RealBand.
  • overall quality.
  • haven't won other recent contests (not a requirement).
  • other contributions on the PG Music forum (not a requirement).

#362061 - 08/23/16 03:56 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Andrew,

Regarding song submissions, are melodies that can be verified to be public domain also acceptable? (For example: JS Bach, Stephen Foster, Beethoven, folk songs, etc.)

Regards,
Noel

#362064 - 08/23/16 04:16 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

Noel,
Yes.
Peter

#362066 - 08/23/16 04:21 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Thanks, Peter.

#362107 - 08/24/16 06:42 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
jcland Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Springfield, MO
Peter:

Are we allowed to do any modifications on an individual track from the style or does it have to remain 100% as it came in the package. In other words, lets say the guitar track that came in the Xtra style I want to use just does not fit the song perfectly whereas a slightly different guitar track would fit it just fine. All the other tracks in that Xtra style would remain the same.

JCLAND

#362149 - 08/24/16 12:19 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: jcland]
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

jcland,

If you're starting out with one of the 164 new RealStyles from the Xtra Styles PAK and make a few changes, that's fine! Just make sure to list the name of the style you used.

Better still, click on the [Memo] button in Band-in-a-Box, and paste the text from that into your Forum post with the song link.

Thanks,
Callie

#362521 - 08/26/16 04:09 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
w Offline
Journeyman

Loc: somewhere in outer space
INFO REQUIRED;

How do i setup the style picker to show the 164 new RealStyles from the Xtra Styles PAK on my Mac Band in a Box USB drive ?

Incidentally i do have/own those styles.

Sorry if this question is in the wrong forum ? If so please redirect the question to correct forum.

Edited by w (08/26/16 04:10 PM)

#362630 - 08/27/16 02:01 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
sslechta Online   content
Expert

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Someone asked the same question in the Off Topic forum:

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=362178#Post362178

Simply sort by the date column....

BIAB/RB 2018, Pro Tools 2018, Korg N5, Proteus F/X, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win10, Dell Precision T5400, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HD, 32 GB Memory, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Interface

#363092 - 08/30/16 04:09 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: w]
Alyssa - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Originally Posted By: w
INFO REQUIRED;

How do i setup the style picker to show the 164 new RealStyles from the Xtra Styles PAK on my Mac Band in a Box USB drive ?

Hello W!

Sorting by date is a great option for now, as the 2016 Xtra Styles will be at the top of the list. You may also want to get in the habit of clicking on the "Set#" column heading, which groups together all the "Xtra PAK" style options. This will help when we release new styles with a more current date!

Attachments
StylePicker.png

#363099 - 08/30/16 05:03 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
David Snyder Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Ok, this is going to sound like a really dumb question, but I am not sure what genre to attach to the song I have already posted, Long Distance Runner.

It is prog rock. It comes from the jazz Xtra styles, technically speaking, but I turned it into kind of a rock/jazz or jazz/rock fusion thing. Right now I have Genre: Progressive Rock/Jazz. Do I have to choose a narrower category or am I good?

smile

Also, I would assume you guys only want one posting per artist right, so as not to clog up the board?

Ok, that might have been two stupid questions.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.musicdealers.com/artist/davidsnyder

#363104 - 08/30/16 05:43 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Thanks for asking the questions, David. I have also wondered the same.

I've been thinking that since there are four categories of styles in the Xtra styles (namely: pop, rock, jazz, singer/songwriter), by 'genre' PG Music are meaning "What genre style did you use as the foundation for the submission" rather than the over-arching song genre.

I'm probably wrong, though. It will be good to get clarification.

#363179 - 08/31/16 07:50 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: David Snyder]
PG Music Staff

Hi David,

The genre/category to post to would be the genre that the RealStyle used is included in. For your recent submission using the STARLIT.STY file, it would fall in the Jazz category.

The rules for this contest do not state that there is only 1 submission per person, so feel free to submit songs for each genre/category if you'd like!

Contest Rules:
-You must own Band-in-a-Box 2016 along with one or more of the Xtra Styles PAKs.
-The song you submit must be your own original composition. (This could be simply typing in chords to your song and pressing play, but you may also add additional instruments, solo, and/or melody.)

Thanks,
Callie

#363181 - 08/31/16 07:55 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Quote:
The song you submit must be your own original composition.

Although, Peter did clarify that a public domain song was acceptable.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#365076 - 09/12/16 10:23 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: Callie - PG Music]
David Snyder Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Hey Callie,

I need to switch the category of Long Distance Runner to "Jazz" since that is the real styles folder it came from (Starlit Style), but it looks like edit has been turned off and I can't edit my post.

Can one of you guys make that entry category change for me?

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com./davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.musicdealers.com/artist/davidsnyder

#365899 - 09/17/16 08:51 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: Alyssa - PG Music]
voxbox Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Baltimore
Originally Posted By: Alyssa - PG Music
Originally Posted By: w
INFO REQUIRED;

Hello W!

Sorting by date is a great option for now, as the 2016 Xtra Styles will be at the top of the list. You may also want to get in the habit of clicking on the "Set#" column heading, which groups together all the "Xtra PAK" style options. This will help when we release new styles with a more current date!

Hello

CONFUSION

I purchased the 2016 Bonus 49PAK (49PAK-I) December 2015.

I executed this: To find out, look for the file _SANFRAN.STY in your main bb folder.

The file _SANFRAN.STY IS in my bb folder.

However when I sort styles by clicking on the "Set #" column, "Xtra PAK" does not display.

When I sort by date the latest year that is displayed is 2015. Since I purchased the 2016 Bonus 49PAK shouldn't there be 2016 dates displayed?

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers!

#365908 - 09/17/16 10:35 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

voxbox,

Have you installed the latest update? The minimum update that's needed for the Xtra styles to work properly is build 437.

Once that update is installed, sorting by date will put the Xtra styles at the top. If you double-click, the styles will be at the bottom of the list because it will be sorted in reverse order.

Updates for Windows versions of BIAB are found at the below link.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

Hope this helps,
Noel

#365942 - 09/18/16 07:42 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: Noel96]
voxbox Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Noel96
voxbox,

Have you installed the latest update? The minimum update that's needed for the Xtra styles to work properly is build 437.

Once that update is installed, sorting by date will put the Xtra styles at the top. If you double-click, the styles will be at the bottom of the list because it will be sorted in reverse order.

Updates for Windows versions of BIAB are found at the below link.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

Hope this helps,
Noel

Hi Noel,

My BIAB version is 437.

That's the first thing I checked.

I doubled clicked on DATE and the latest date is 2015/12. No "Xtra" is displayed under "SET #".

Hopefully I will get this sorted with all of your help:)

Thanks again for your assistance!!

Edited by voxbox (09/18/16 07:43 AM)

#366010 - 09/18/16 04:21 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Try this...

1. Rebuild the style list by clicking on either of the buttons on the lower left of Stylepicker.

2. Click on "Clear" (#1 on the image below).

3. Single-click on "Date" (#2 on image above) so that a a single asterisk is present next to date. This indicates that the sorting is from the most recent. (Double-clicking will give two asterisks and is not what is wanted.)

4. Scroll to the top of the style list.

Any luck? If not, re-install the Xtra Pak and work through steps 1 - 4 again.

Hopefully this will help.

Regards,
Noel

#366019 - 09/18/16 05:50 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: Noel96]
voxbox Offline
Enthusiast

Try this...

1. Rebuild the style list by clicking on either of the buttons on the lower left of Stylepicker.

2. Click on "Clear" (#1 on the image below).

3. Single-click on "Date" (#2 on image above) so that a a single asterisk is present next to date. This indicates that the sorting is from the most recent. (Double-clicking will give two asterisks and is not what is wanted.)

4. Scroll to the top of the style list.

Any luck? If not, re-install the Xtra Pak and work through steps 1 - 4 again.

Hopefully this will help.

Regards,
Noel

I tried the above refresh/rebuild but got the same results.

PG Music says:

Note: The Xtra Styles use RealTracks from the Band-in-a-Box® 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition, and require Build 437 or higher.
A few styles use RealTracks from the 2016 49-PAK. Unsure if you already have the 49-PAK? To find out, look for the file _SANFRAN.STY in your main bb folder. The presence of this file indicates you have the 49-PAK.

I have the EverythingPAK Build 437.

I purchased the 49PAK December 2015 along with the 2016 BB upgrade. So according to the above I have the 49PAK installed because _SANFRAN.STY is in the BB folder.

Does the 49PAK contain Xtra Styles? If it does I don't see them in the Style Picker.

I have not purchased so I can't re-install the Xtra Pak.

Thanks again for your help!!

#366053 - 09/18/16 11:42 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

VB,

The EverythingPAK + the 49PAK you purchased will give you all you need. (The 49PAK you bought in 12/2015 is the same one that PG Music is referring to.)

Have you installed the 49Pak?

It's probably wise to back up a little...

When you bought the EverythingPAK, how did you install it? Did you install a fully working copy to your hard drive or do you run some of all of the program from the USB drive?

The 49PAK is optional and, because of this, it will not be automatically be installed as part of the EverythingPak. If you purchased the E/PAK as a USB drive, I suspect that the 49PAK is on that USB drive and awaiting installation.

If you bought the EverythingPAK and the 49PAK directly from PG Music, you should also be able to login into your sales account and have download access for those purchases. To do this, go to PG Music's webpage and login using "My Account" (as shown below).

From here you should be able to download the 49PAK if you bought it in December 2015. The link will be under "My Products".

If none of the above work, you need to contact PG Music. They will have a record of your purchases and will be able to organise things for you. They are very good at looking after customers in this way. You will not be double-charged for anything you've already bought.

Regards,
Noel

#366056 - 09/19/16 12:02 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
william frederic Offline

Hi
I am a newbie at this and don't know what I am doing.
I have a question. How many songs can I submit?

I am in the flood zone in the Baton Rouge, La. area. As I drove down street after street and saw how home after home had been destroyed I remembered a song I had written and all these homes were the pride and joy of families. Now all of the hand picked items that made this the perfect home sat on side of the road as trash.

I guest when I realized this it really touched my heart.
I went home reworked my song, added the xtra track and submitted it. I hope it will help us appreciate how nice it is to have a home to share with family and friends.

#366123 - 09/19/16 10:46 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: voxbox]
PG Music Staff

voxbox:

You've mentioned having the EverythingPAK and the 49-PAK purchased earlier this year, but did you also purchase the just-released Xtra Styles? The confusion could be that we are stating they use the RealTracks in the 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition, and 49-PAK - but the Xtra Styles are still an additional purchase: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php
(on sale until September 30th)

#366124 - 09/19/16 10:48 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: william frederic]
PG Music Staff

Hi William,

The rules for this contest do not state that there is only 1 submission per person, so feel free to submit songs for each genre/category if you'd like!

#366153 - 09/19/16 01:46 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music
voxbox:

You've mentioned having the EverythingPAK and the 49-PAK purchased earlier this year, but did you also purchase the just-released Xtra Styles? The confusion could be that we are stating they use the RealTracks in the 2016 UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition, and 49-PAK - but the Xtra Styles are still an additional purchase: http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php

Callie: Thanks for setting the record straight. It seems that I shot off on a tangent. I interpreted VB's posts as saying that he had the XtraPAK.

VB: Apologies for leading your astray. The XtraPAK was only released a month or so ago and is not part of your Christmas purchase.

Regards,
Noel

#366178 - 09/19/16 03:48 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: Callie - PG Music]
voxbox Offline
Enthusiast

voxbox:

Hi Callie:)

Yes the wording is confusing! That's what I started to suspect but was not sure. I will purchase the Xtra styles. I thought I was losing my mind:) LOL

Cheers!

#366179 - 09/19/16 03:50 PM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: Noel96]
voxbox Offline
Enthusiast

voxbox:

Callie: Thanks for setting the record straight. It seems that I shot off on a tangent. I interpreted VB's posts as saying that he had the XtraPAK.

VB: Apologies for leading your astray. The XtraPAK was only released a month or so ago and is not part of your Christmas purchase.

Regards,
Noel

Thanks Noel for taking the time to help me. Greatly appreciated!!

Cheers!

#368376 - 10/03/16 05:25 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Islansoul Offline
Journeyman

Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
Dang I missed out on the Xtra Stlyes contest. I was also hoping a could get an uncompressed version of the Xtra Styles.
music producer/engineer

#368398 - 10/03/16 07:24 AM [2016 & 2017 Xtra Styles Contests - Closed] Re: Xtra Styles Contest - Info and Rules [Re: Islansoul]
PG Music Staff

Islansoul - Since the Xtra Styles will trigger the RealTracks & RealDrums that you already have installed, there's no need to offer a special uncompressed version. If you have the Audiophile, it will trigger the uncompressed files for you.

Thanks,
Callie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
A Little Bit Of Me Music Video!

A great music video created by forum user Floyd Jane! https://youtu.be/qPrejgnwb4M?t=3600

This song was featured in a detailed "The Birth of a Song" video created by Floyd Jane - watch the complete video here:
http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=qPrejgnwb4M

RealBand 2018 Build 5 Update Available!

RealBand 2018 customers can download the latest free patch update here: http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2018_5

Summary of Changes for Build 5
Added: When generating the input file for saving as an MGU/SGU SongMode128= is saved to the input file.
Added: Localization support for 2018.
Added: flyby hints to new dialogs.
Fixed: Save As with a filename greater than 128 chars could cause an error 123 plus access violation.
Fixed: Rebooting RealBand after a filename with 128 chars was saved could cause an access violation.
Fixed: Pressing the Change button in the Event List Window could result in an access violation if an event was not a Note event.
Fixed: When running in Win 10, and using BBW or PT to generate audio harmonies, an error would occur saying that you need BB 2011 or PT 12 to generate audio harmonies.
Fixed: Midi Thru Method was not being saved to the .INI file. It always reverting to Track-Specific when booting up RealBand, even if the user manually changed the setting to Global in the Midi Thru Settings dialog.
Fixed: Delete All Notes on This Peg menu item in notation window right-click menu was missing.
Fixed: Potential crash on exit (having to do with the DLL attempting to free up a dynamic array that was passed to it).

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Build 512 Update Available!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows customers can download the latest free patch update here: www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#512

Summary of changes for Build 512 since 510 (Feb 15 2018):
Fixed: "Load SoundTrack Song" and "Load song with RealDrums Audio" buttons in the Sound Track dialog were not working.
Fixed: After returning Band-in-a-Box to factory settings the File Open dialog would default to the bb\Data\Lib directory.
Fixed: Choosing a custom chord sheet font would ignore any color choice made in the font selection dialog.
Fixed: Drum names were sometimes truncated in the RealDrums MultiDrums and Quicklist dialogs.
Fixed: Exporting a MIDI file might cause the error, "MIDIConv.exe no found".
Fixed: Mixer changes were not undoable, and would not cause user to be prompted to save their song when exiting.
Fixed: Static in RT2438 and other various RealTracks fixes.
Fixed: StylePicker database various updates. Some styles were displaying the wrong feel (swing/even) in notation. A few styles incorrectly showed missing Drums.
Fixed: The audio latency setting would increase every time leaving the Windows Audio Devices dialog.
Fixed: The Download Manager folder name defaulted to 2016 instead of 2018.
Updated: Help file.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2018 is Here!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2018 is here! PowerTracks Pro Audio 2018 includes many new features and enhancements:

Windows Audio (WASAPI) driver support. This allows for low latency audio recording/playback without requiring ASIO. Note that this supports 1 stereo input plus 1 stereo output at a time. For multiple inputs/outputs, you should continue to use either MME or ASIO.

ABC Notation format support. You can save a track of notation in a popular ASCII text format to import into other programs, or you can paste this format into a user forum as a way of sending the track (usually the melody and chord symbols) to other users without having to attach a file.

The built-in Audio Chord Wizard detection in the Chords window automatically detects the chords of the song, based on the audio data from all non-muted audio tracks. This works similar to the standalone Audio Chord Wizard, except that it uses the current bar lines of the existing song.

Notation Enhancements:
-X/8 time signature support. This is a special method of displaying 6/8, 9/8, or 12/8 time signatures in the Notation window.
-The Duplicate previous chord in notation right-click menu lets you quickly duplicate the previous chord (group of notes on same peg) without having to reenter it.
-Delete highlighted notes in notation right-click menu lets you delete all highlighted notes.
-Delete all notes on this peg in notation right-click menu lets you delete all notes on the nearest peg that was clicked on.
-You can now enter Section Numbers. Previously, you could enter letters (A-Z) only, but now you can also enter numbers (1-9).

...a full list of the new features in PowerTracks Pro Audio 2018 is available at http://www.pgmusic.com/powertracks.features.htm

http://www.pgmusic.com/powertracks.htm

#TBT - The Beginning of Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box®

We released the much-loved Xtra Styles PAKs in August 2016! This release included 164 RealStyles for Jazz, Country, Rock-Pop, and Singer/Songwriter and worked with any Band-in-a-Box® 2016 or higher UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition!

Xtra Styles PAKs were such a hit... we couldn't stop making them! Since their introduction, we've released 3 more PAKs with a total of over 600 Xtra Styles in all!

Want to hear what other program users are doing with their Xtra Styles? Visit our Xtra STyles Contests forum to hear all the songs submitted during previous song contest we've had: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=102&page=1

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs and listen to their demos at http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win.

Band-in-a-Box® Customer Feedback - Feel The Love!

Check out some great feedback we've received on our Facebook account from program users:

"I have been using Band-in-a-Box for years. It is the anchor of my music gigs as well as my fun in my studio. I have used other software but Band-in-a-Box is my main go to."
-Jack T.

"Love Band-in-a-Box. As someone who played professionally for 20 years and retired from live performing years ago, I still love music. Band-in-a-Box allows me to create fun arrangements which I can sing over or play over. There are THOUSANDS of different variations plus you can enter any chords you like and create any chart. It's also great for creating background tracks for videos and audio content for websites, training etc. And like everything else in the world . . . it may not be right for everyone. For those who love music and don't have the time to shed five or six instruments it's way cool."
-Vinnie R.

"This program has completely changed my playing for the good. I can experiment with playing chords and leads over various scenarios that I can quickly create and change. Love this program. I use it nearly every day."
-Dave R.

"I bought my first version in 1994 and have progressed to 2018 version. I use it to create backing tracks for live music performance. I currently have over 2,000 songs performance ready. If you can and type, and use mouse it will work for you."
-Roger M.

"The premiere reason for me for buying this program; it has given me the freedom to fully complete the foundation for my songs without the confinement of limited minded musicians. After the song concept is complete, it can then be presented those musicians to play as a cover song. Also writing a song with a band gives them partial ownership of your idea... not cool... especially since they may have fought your idea every step of the way.. Every member of an organized band should own a copy of this program to compose or to even give legitimate composition alternatives to the original songwriter."
-Paul V.

Thanks everyone!

Support for ABC Notation Format in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

ABC notation is the simple text-based notation system used by musicians worldwide to store chords, melody, and lyrics of songs. Now with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows you can open and save songs in ABC notation format!

To save the song in ABC notation format, press the [Save As] toolbar button and choose Save as ABC notation file from the menu. Once opened, select a track that you want to save and choose your other criteria - The [Copy to clipboard] button will copy the file to the clipboard (that you can then paste it into other programs). The [Save as File] button will let you type a name and select the destination in your hard drive.

Forum Stats
27115 Members
49 Forums
50271 Topics
412569 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
MissySchmit, bnytly, ErienSyl, dwmjc0675, ferzaz

27114 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 274
Matt Finley 268