Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Sometimes when I've contacted them there's a response in about 24-48 hours. Other times I've contacted them to report an issue, and there's a response in a week or so. There is a chat / Online Help support link on this page that might get a faster response.
The company has received accolades for the excellent support they provide. So maybe try a different support approach.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Veteran
Veteran
They are in British Columbia, Canada so they aren't even open yet today, after a weekend.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
E
E
I have the exact same problem.
I contacted PG Music about it a few months ago.
They were unable to solve the problem.
if anybody find a solution , Please let me know

E
E
They responded to me within a week, I am having the same problem you are having.Their response did not solve the problem.

See their response below:

"PG Music Technical Support <support@pgmusic.com>
Jun 16
Hello Errol,

Are you only having this problem with MP3 files? In the past we've noticed that there are sometimes issues importing MP3 files that occur when the program converts them to WAV for use in the Audio Chord Wizard. Can you try importing a WAV file into the wizard? You could use a free program like Fre:ac to convert an MP3 to a WAV file if you don't happen to have one handy to test.

Thank you,
Kallum
PG Music Inc.
Important Reminder: Please include all previous correspondence when replying to this message."

Last edited by ejrene; 09/06/16 09:27 AM. Reason: added email from PG Music
Saxfred Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Thanks ejrene

So far I did not have any contact with the support (after one week)

I have tried already importing different files, different format mp3 wav but no improvement I have also impoted from different part of the software from the file Menu the Audio Menu and from the Icon same thing

Wait & see !!!!

Good to know I am not the only one to have such problem

Regards
Fred

Dedicated DAW - i9 9880H - 32Go Ram - BIAB 2023 UltraPak

Mac Mini M2 Pro 32 Go RAM & Mac Mini M2 Pro - Cubase Pro 12 - Dorico 5 - Camelot Pro 2 - RME Fireface UFX - NuRAD (Berglund Instruments)
@+ SaxFred
K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Hi Fred,

Sorry, I can't find any sign of your email (we would have replied by now). If you send it again to support@pgmusic.com we'll reply as soon as possible.

From the screenshots you posted, it looks like you may have had a project open already that had been generated by the Audio Chord Wizard, but it's a bit hard to tell. That would explain why the Audio track is visible on the mixer, and the style is turned off.

Does the same thing happen if you start a new project (File - New), and then launch the ACW?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

*edit*

I've found your emails, and have replied to them. The first one was sent Friday evening after we were closed, and Monday was a holiday. That's why there was a bit of a wait. smile

Last edited by Kent - PG Music; 09/07/16 11:05 AM.
E
E
I have the same problem and did not have another project already open.

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
In the past we've noticed that there are sometimes issues importing MP3 files that occur when the program converts them to WAV for use in the Audio Chord Wizard.

It's probably not this, but since the comment was made that some MP3's don't work (but others obviously do), it makes me wonder if it's something like the difference between VBR (Variable Bit Rate) versus CBR (Constant Bit Rate) encoding, or maybe a result of the CODEC (Fraunhofer, LAME, MP3Pro, etc) used to create the MP3 in the first place. And of course, is the DEC part of the CODEC on your machine up to the task of decoding the MP3 file?

I would experiment with a variety of files to see what the problem might be.

Just a thought.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Veteran
Veteran
That's a good guess, John. I've stopped using variable bit rate MP3 encoding because of lack of full compatibility.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Hi Errol,

We'll be more than happy to continue to troubleshoot your issue as well, but it doesn't look like you ever replied to Kallum's email.

Feel free to reply to it now, and I'm sure we'll figure out what's going on.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Veteran
Veteran
I also found that even the file is a little bigger with CBR, sometimes the VBR introduced artifacts when it misinterpreted the source material.

John

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

E
E
The problem exists even if it's a wave file not an MP3.
Thank You John.

Last edited by ejrene; 09/07/16 12:16 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
It was just a thought. Interesting that the problem exists for WAV also, since that's a native, uncompressed format.

John

Saxfred Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Fred,

I've found your emails, and have replied to them. The first one was sent Friday evening after we were closed, and Monday was a holiday. That's why there was a bit of a wait. smile

I did not receive any answer yet I have checked my mail box even the spam folder !!! and I have checked in my profile the mail address is OK

To answer your other question regarding the use of different bit rates or VRB encoding all my mp3 are in 320 fix and the same mp3 was working in the bast is no longer working ???

I don't think it is because of an existing project already loaded as it does the same when firt openning BIAB ...

Dedicated DAW - i9 9880H - 32Go Ram - BIAB 2023 UltraPak

Mac Mini M2 Pro 32 Go RAM & Mac Mini M2 Pro - Cubase Pro 12 - Dorico 5 - Camelot Pro 2 - RME Fireface UFX - NuRAD (Berglund Instruments)
@+ SaxFred
K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Hi Fred,

I can't imagine why you didn't get my email. I'll send another email to the address you used to register in the forums as well as to the one you emailed us from.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Veteran
Veteran
Just to let you all know you are not alone - I have the same issue won't work for MP3 or WAV files does not work in Real Band either.
Not sure when it stopped working but it used to work.
My solution was to use CAPO on my IPAD which is obviously isn't too helpful.

Peter

Veteran
Veteran
Fred, ejrene and Peter

I wonder if it's possible to do get into the ACW in a couple of steps instead of all at once? To this end, try the following and see what happens.

Also, the results from the below test might give Kent some added insight since it works through individual steps.

1. Follow 1, 2, 3 on the image below and import an audio to the Audio track. I suggest using a WAV file rather than any other audio format.

Simply select the default values.

2. Once the audio is imported, open the Audio Chord Wizard Utilities (as shown on the image below).

3. When the ACW utilites dialogue box come up as shown below, there should be an "Open Audio Chord Wizard" option as shown below. Click on this and see what happens.

If doing the above still does not get you into the ACW window...

4. Repeat the above and load an audio on to the Audio track.

5. Open the ACW utilities (step #2 above).

6. This time, rather than open the Audio Chord Wizard (step 3), choose "Erase the audio wav file in BB".

This might give the ACW a 'kick' that could be self-correcting.

7. Now repeat steps 1, 2, 3 above and see what happens.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
I've posted your screen grab where it appears you are saying that when you are at that screen and hit the 'Play' Button (Highlighted by you in your post) that rather than the song playing, the program goes directly to the ACW Utilities screen which is the second screenshot you posted earlier.

If that is what's happening, the Utility Screen is responding correctly because if the song doesn't play, there is no chord detection nor tempo map created to import into Biab.

That result indicates there may be an issue in the creation or corruption of the Tempmain.wav file that is created by the ACW.

A Tempmain.wav issue could also be involved with a PGMusic support observation in an earlier post that; "From the screenshots you posted, it looks like you may have had a project open already that had been generated by the Audio Chord Wizard, but it's a bit hard to tell. That would explain why the Audio track is visible on the mixer, and the style is turned off."

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Utility.JPG (34.72 KB, 136 downloads)
Play.JPG (57.35 KB, 136 downloads)
Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 09/09/16 01:51 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Veteran
Veteran
Charlie,

Just a quick observation... the above screen grab above does not show the full ACW utilities selection.

If the above post is compared with my post immediately before it, it can be seen that the "Open audio chord wizard" button that sits below "Erase the audio WAV..." is not present. (I suspect that this is significant.)

My thoughts are that my above, previous suggestion might better help isolate where the problem is occurring.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Noel,

I noted that difference between your screeshot and Saxfred's screenshot.

You have the Open ACW button because of the way you are attempting to open the project. You are importing the audio prior to opening the ACW so Opening the ACW button is the next step.

Saxfred was attempting to open the file by opening the ACW first and importing the audio into the ACW. This method creates a TEMPMAIN.WAV file that is used by the ACW to analyze rather than the original file.

What appears to be happening with Saxfred is the ACW is not picking up the TEMPMAIN.WAV file to analyze.

I suspect that the file is either corrupted or maybe more likely, since it happens with all imports, the ACW has lost the path to where the TEMPMAIN.WAV file should be found. I think the ACW is looking in the wrong directory for the TEMPMAIN.WAV file.

If you analyze audio through the ACW and select 'Cancel' rather than 'OK to Send to Biab' - It creates the exact window/message that Saxfred is getting, which occurs because the ACW is cancelling out of analyzing the TEMPMAIN.WAV file for some reason.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 09/09/16 08:27 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195