Veteran
J
That's Realband, right?

Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, AFAIK it's referring to RealBand

Maybe in BiaB soon though?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Veteran
Veteran
RB/PT got the following features before BiaB:
DX/VST
DXi/VSTi
Audio Recording
now
VST Timing Info ..

It'll get there. RB/PT users push for these things more than the average BB user so it makes sense that they incorporate it there first.
I'm sure you'll see it in BB soon.
The point is they did it, and I'm sure it was not easy. That's why people are excited; many had given up hope that it could be done.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
Maybe in BiaB soon though?

Looks like BIAB's time is now. They just released the new build that includes VST timing:

BIAB Build 438 with VST timing

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Can someone outline what this means for BIAB? Pipeline? You always do thorough and accurate overviews of these things. Any chance you'd do an overview of what this means to a fellow RapidComposer user? laugh

Last edited by JohnJohnJohn; 09/12/16 09:14 AM.
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
RapidComposer VST will play along in sync to biab, allowing you to fit melody/solo/rhythm created in RC to your biab song, being able to loop sections while creating.
At the moment RC sends midi to biab/realband, but you can't add another vsti under the RC vsti to play it's midi output only audio vst so no sound at the moment. Unless someone knows a way ?

But if you want to use it now, because the VST Sync is working you can load it into a VSTHost, load RapidComposer vst and another vsti for the sound out.

To do this you need http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm

VSTHost 32/64 EDIT: Links
http://www.hermannseib.com/programs/vsthostx86.zip

http://www.hermannseib.com/programs/vsthostx64.zip

Slave Link vst/vsti
http://www.hermannseib.com/programs/Legree.zip

In the VSTHost 64 or 32 folder

right click on vsthost.exe - Create Shortcut

right click on the shortcut - Properties

In the Target Box add -slave:-1 to the end of the line
"C:\Program Files\vsthost64\vsthost.exe" -slave:-1
Ok

you can rename the shortcut: vsthost64.exe - Slave -1

run vsthost64.exe - Slave -1 (it will wait for the host biab)

now load the LegreeI.dll into an empty midi track vsti slot

so in the biab mixer Plugins tab click [None} on the empty track and load LegreeI.dll

for some reason the LegreeI.dll UI is not showing in the VST window,
that's why the slave number is set to the default -1 (-1 to 16)

in VSTHost go to File - New Plugin load RapidComposer_x64.dll or 32 bit dll

now load a vst instrument for RapidComposer's output

they will be linked wrong so we have to re-link them

so on the Engine Output we click the little chain link icon

we select the input we need in my case it is EZKeys VSTi

now we go to the chain link icon on EZKeys an select the input we need - RapidComposer

Now RapidComposer should play in sync with biab

EDIT: you can also import the chords from biab to RapidComposer, in biab - Prefs see pic below, save biab song as midi, Import midi in RapidComposer selecting only the BB Chord Output track (you may have to insert 2 bars at the start? right click on Timeline - Gear) if it don't read the chords correctly you may need a new beta version, you can ctrl A del all midi on the track or mute it.

This gives you away to route the output of one vsti to another, so I can send the midi out from a vsti like RealGuitar into Kontakt.

Having this VST Time Info available in pg apps will allow for things like slaving biab/realband/PT to any DAW and maybe a vst version for any DAW, so who knows what the future will hold.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
biab_vsthost_01.jpg (387.97 KB, 210 downloads)
bb_chord_output_settings.jpg (115.88 KB, 373 downloads)
Last edited by Pipeline; 09/12/16 04:58 PM.
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Further, I enabled chord output in prefs, saved it to midi, imported the BB Chord Output track into RC and set the key/scale.
I just minimized VSTHost and I just have RC n BIAB playing in sync.
I just used a Generic Phrase Generator on EZKeys and it fit good to the blues demo.

If you click the little line icon near the track solo button and choose
Color Notes by Rendered Note Color (Chord/Scale/Out-of-scale)
will make it easy for editing.

ps. Lovin' it thanks to all the hard work pg put into it, thanks pg !

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
biab_RC_synced_vsthost.jpg (368.24 KB, 196 downloads)
Last edited by Pipeline; 09/12/16 07:22 PM.
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Thanks Pipeline...but I do not understand most of that! You wrote something one time that really piqued my interest. I think you said we would be able to create our song in BIAB then output the MIDI, WITH CHORDS, into RapidComposer? That is one thing I really do not like about RC is how you enter lots of bars in sections that get hidden.

I'd love to be able to send MIDI from BIAB to RC then use RC to add patterns to the whole song then bring the MIDI back into BIAB. Any way to do that?

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
You can do just about anything you can think of.

"I think you said we would be able to create our song in BIAB then output the MIDI, WITH CHORDS, into RapidComposer?"

Yes save the song to midi with Chord Output enabled, then import in RC.

"That is one thing I really do not like about RC is how you enter lots of bars in sections that get hidden."

You just put the phrases in the bars on your chord track were you need them.

"I'd love to be able to send MIDI from BIAB to RC then use RC to add patterns to the whole song then bring the MIDI back into BIAB. Any way to do that?"

Yes save the song to midi with Chord Output enabled, then import in RC, create the midi track then just export the midi track in RC then import into biab.

Using the above method will let you build the sound you want in RC before exporting to biab, so you can add riffs solos on whatever bar/s you want.

You can drag any midi from anywhere into RC, convert it to relative form then you can save it as a phrase and drag n drop it anywhere on the chord track and it will fit to the chord/scale.

The best thing to do is follow the step by step guide above getting RC to play along in sync to biab then you can play around with it more. This way you will have the same chord track in each, RC will follow the biab play/stop/loop/position.

When you import the midi from biab just select the midi ctrl A del then you will have a clean track to work with.

To get started try some of the generators in the Phrases window, set the length you need at the top then drag in, right click the phrase - magic wand this will give a lot of options.
You can edit these by double clicking or switch the main track to Note Editing mode to the left of the Snap button.
In the Phrase Editor you can click View Option like on the main track : Color Notes by Rendered Note Color (Chord/Scale/Out-of-scale).

Whatever section you want to work on creating in RC just highlight those bars in biab then loop that section while you find patterns/phrases/riffs/solos that will fit or ones that come close that you can then edit to fit.
Always Save the Session in RC !!!
RC has no Bar offset adjustment at the moment so the bars are out by 2, didn't try disabling the 2 bar count-in in biab to see if that works.

Last edited by Pipeline; 09/13/16 06:34 AM.
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
The beta version 3.1b14 RC has now got better import options.
It's not removing the count-in bars unless checked.
So to get the chords only I select the BB Chord Output track only.

RC_3.1b14_midi_import.jpg (195.91 KB, 164 downloads)
RC_3.1b14_track.jpg (148.05 KB, 162 downloads)
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
"I think you said we would be able to create our song in BIAB then output the MIDI, WITH CHORDS, into RapidComposer?"

Yes save the song to midi with Chord Output enabled, then import in RC.

I tried saving a song to MIDI but I do not see any option to have "Chord Output enabled". Predictably, when I imported the MIDI into RC it was a mess of crazy chords.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn

I tried saving a song to MIDI but I do not see any option to have "Chord Output enabled".

Look closer, this option is in the "options menu". It is tricky as the midi file is saved somewhere/somehow. I got it written down somewhere. I use this with EZKeys.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn

I tried saving a song to MIDI but I do not see any option to have "Chord Output enabled".

Look closer, this option is in the "options menu". It is tricky as the midi file is saved somewhere/somehow. I got it written down somewhere. I use this with EZKeys.

Looked close lots of times. No "Chord Output" option that I can find.

Maybe I am doing it wrong? Here is what I am doing...

1) load song
2) click the .MID button located in the File section of the toolbar
3) from the popup I click Options button
4) the options window that pops up is "MIDI file options" but it has no "Chord Output" setting
5) click OK then click File on Disk button

K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Hi John,

It's in Options - Preferences - OutputCh.

You'll find checkboxes there for "Output Chords" and "Write track to MIDI file".

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Veteran
Veteran
Here you go.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Thanks Kent! Thanks jazzmandan!

That moves me forward a step or two! frown Now I am trying to figure out how to export and import the MIDI file. I will start another post for this.

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
There's a BIG PIC at the bottom of the how to guide above, use those setting

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=365142#Post365142

Click the MID button - File on disk or Save As Midi File (F6)

RC - Midi Import - Select only BB Chord Output

but download the latest Beta 3.1b14 it recognizes the chords good now reading the lowest as bass and not some inversion.
Just go through and check the chords.

EDIT: in RC click the LOCAL SEQ to use RC by itself.
Also disable the output chords after you have saved the midi or you will get held chords playing.

Last edited by Pipeline; 09/13/16 05:37 PM.
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
New RapidComposer beta update, v3.1b15 is available.

Tempo map fixes to follow BB and other midi import options.

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Now it's Mac's turn, A Major Update !!!!!! AU and VST plugins are now supported.
Band-in-a-Box 2016 Build 143 Update

The Band-in-a-Box® 2016 for Mac Special is BACK!

**Special Offers Available Until October 31, 2016!**
http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm

So I did a Crossgrade from Win to Mac, as I had the Win Audiophile (wav) version, as Mac BB will load wav I just did the Mac app only Crossgrade.
It's a bit of messing around so if you're not into all of that there's Great upgrade/crossgrade special for those that also have Mac or are thinking of moving to Mac.

Thanks PG !

www.pgmusic.com/?vid=zfM9Y6TZuoY

L
Expert
Expert
L
$49? So I could use my Realtracks etc on a Mac? We have a few around the house as my wife and child are Mac users. Is that allowed? Perhaps I could use the Ipad or Mac Air live instead of my Windows Tablet? Interesting.

Last edited by lambada; 10/02/16 04:40 PM.

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,494
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195